1. What will the weather be like later on ? A. B. C. 2. What kind of person is Sandy ?
A. B. C.
3.What kind of instruments did Jane use to play ? A. B. C.
4. What is needed for the picnic ?
5. What will the woman like to use ?
6. How did he study for the English test ？
A. By reading the textbook. B. By listening to the tapes C. By making vocabulary lists
7. What animal could Kathy keep ?
A. A dog. B. A fish.
B. A waiter. C. A spider. C. A teacher. 8. What job can Mike do ? A. A shop assistant.
9. What will Mr Smith do during the holidays ?
A. He will go home. B. He will go to some places. C. He will stay at home.
10. What are they talking about ?
A. They are talking about the great inventors in the world.
B. They are talking about the great inventions in the world.
C. They are talking about the Four Great Inventions(四大发明) in China.
11. A. slow B. shocking C. exciting
12. A.classmate B. sister C. friend
13. A. gentle B. cool C. powerful
14. A. mysterious B. classical. C. amazing
15. A.Light B. Folk C. County
16. Lin Tao is honest boy, so we all like him.
A. (不填) B. a C. an D. the
17. — Is your brother afraid of the dark?
— Yes. He always goes to sleep with the bedroom light _________.
A. off B. in C. at D. on
18. — Have you got the information ________ you need to use for the report?
— Not yet. I’ll try to find some on the Internet at once.
A. that B. who C. when D. where
19. The book the young writer sells well. It is popular among middle school
A.was written B.writing C.wrote D.written
20. —What can we do to help others?
—We can ______ a food bank to help hungry people.
A. put up B. set up C. pick up D. show up
21. I got to the party late. By the time I arrived, some people ______ home already .
A. went B. would go C. had gone D. have gone
22. —Amanda, you look tired today. What’s wrong?
—I worked______ late ______ I didn’t go to bed until midnight yesterday.
A. too; to B. so; that C. not only; but also D. such; that
23. — How did Jim pass the exam?
—He worked day and night for two month. ______, he passed it.
A. in the way B. by the way C. on the way D. in this way
24. —What did he say just now?
—He asked me______________.
A. when my sister came back B. when did my sister come back
C. when my sister will come back D. when my sister comes back
25. –It’s raining heavily. Let’s stand under that big tree.
–______________. It’s very dangerous to do so in such weather.
A. We don’t have to B. Let’s go C. All right D. We’d better not
Are your parents ―helicopters‖(直升飞机)? That’s a new term I read
about. It means parents who ―hover‖ over(盘旋) their children.They
about every little thing in their child’s life: Are you hungry? Are you thirsty?
pens? More anything?
that everything in
their life is perfect. Some kids may become upset but being
pampered(纵容). The pampered kids like the idea of being waited on hand
to make decisions.
I don’t think this is a good idea. I think it’s important for kids to do things forit’s important for kids to make decisions. This an independent(独立的) and responsible(负责任的) person.
you become independent and responsible? It’s easy, justwith little things. You can make your own meals sometimes for help with the cooking. You can your parents that you can be responsible with money.
Your parents are ―helicopter‖they really shouldn’t worry. Tell them they can ―the helicopter because you are a responsible kid.
26. A. worry B. change C. collect D. bring
27. A. Many B. Much C. More D. Most
28. A. children B. parents C. grandparents D. teachers
29.A. make up B. make sure C. make of D. make from
30. A. another B. the other C. other D. others
31.A. talking B. doing C. giving D. having
32.A. himself B. yourselves C. themselves D. ourselves
33. A. asks B. decides C. helps D. stops
34. A. become B. learn C. believe D. develop
35. A. Why B. When C. How D. What
36. A. talk B. start C. dream D. finish
37.A. make B. repair C. sweep D. move
38.A. teach B. train C. plan D. show
39.A. so B. because C. but D. though
40.A. land B. invent C. make D. design
四．阅读理解（本题有15小题， 41-47小题每题1分，48-55小题每题2分。共23分。） 阅读下面短文，从各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中选出一个最佳选项。
41. Tom needs to improve his study skills. If he takes the lessons, he has to spend ______. A. $75 B. $100 C. $ 120 D. $ 135 42. If you want to build your vocabulary, you will take ________lessons. A.37 B. 43 C. 60 D. 70
43. The books in the picture are for ___________ to develop school skills. A. students of lower grades B. students of different levels C. both parents and children D. both teachers and students B
A passenger told an air hostess that he needed a cup of water to take his medicine when the plane just took off. She told him that she would bring him the water in ten minutes. Thirty minutes later, when the passenger’s ring for service sounded, the air hostess flew busily. She was kept so busy that she forgot to give him the water. As a result, the passenger was held up to take his medicine. She hurried over to him with a cup of water, but he refused it.
In the following hours on the flight, each time the airline hostess passed the passenger she would ask him with a smile whether he needed help or not. But the passenger never paid attention to her. When he was going to get off the plane, the passenger asked the airline hostess to hand him the passengers’ brochure（小册子）. She was very sad. She knew that he would write down sharp words, but with a smile she handed it to him. Off the plane, she opened the booklet, and broke a smile, for the passenger put it, ―On the flight, you asked me whether I need help or not for twelve times in all. How can I refuse your twelve smiles?‖ That’s right! Who can refuse your twelve sincere smiles from a person?
44. What did the passenger need when the plane just took off?
A. A booklet to write something. B. A cup of water to take his medicine.
C. The stewardess to make an apologize. D. To get off the plane at once.
45. Why did the air hostess forget to give him the water?
A. Because the passenger was angry.
B. Because the passenger was very cruel.
C. Because she was very busy.
D. Because she was not friendly to the passenger.
46. The Chinese meaning of the underlined word ―sincere‖ is ________.
A. 自豪的 B. 婉转的 C. 真诚的 D. 委屈的
47. Why was the air hostess very sad?
A. She thought the passenger would write down bad words.
B. She thought she couldn’t give the passenger any help.
C. She thought the passenger would tell her manager.
D. She thought she should say sorry to the passenger again.
I never wanted a dog, but now I'm so glad I have one. About two years ago, my wife, Cathy, got a little dog with a face only a mother could love. We named her Gertie.
Gertie is the kind of dog that has to grow on you. So I dicided that the dog would be trained. This didn't quite go as planned. At 15 weeks old, she was nearly made to leave the Petsmart Training School. She spent every night lying in our bed-snoring (打鼾)so loudly that I hardly got a good night's sleep.
Then, about six months after she arrived, I felt that something in my heart was taking place, and I was unable to stop it. My behaviour(行为方式)began to change. I began to smile at people when passing them in a street. I returned(招手)from neighbours. I started calling my kids, and to my surprise, they started calling me. I even tried to speak to my grandchildren over the phone once. I even was glad to listen to laughter from a 10-month-old granddaughter. The point is that I was changing.
My wife and I both agree that it is Gertie who has changed my behaviour. Gertie is now nearly two years old and almost fully grown.I have come to like the pet little by little, though she is my wife's dog.
48. What did the man think of the dog at the beginning?
A.It looked very beautiful. B.It wasn't very lovely.
C.It wasn't necessary to be trained. D.It could change his life.
49. When did the man's behaviour begin to change?
A.About two years ago. B.When Gertie was nearly two years old.
C.When Gertie was 15 weeks old. D.About six months after Gertie arrived.
50. Which of the following is NOT mentioned about the man's change?
A.He began to smile at people B.He liked helping his neighbours.
C.He started calling his kids. D.He spoke to his grandchildren over the phone.
51. What can we learn from this passage?
A.The dog has been trained very well. B.The man has become more confident.
C.The man has become more friendly. D.The man likes the dog better than his wife.
Sugar—free beets（甜菜）that still taste sweet, tastier tomatoes and brighter-colored fruits and vegetables that stay ripe（熟的）longer are all foods that are being grown now. How can they
carry traits, such as being tastier, brighter, and riper? They are genetically engineered.
Genetic engineering（基因工程）is like making a change in a recipe. For example, when you make cakes, you mix together all of the usual ingredients. If you add an extra ingredient, like salt, the cakes will taste differently.
Genes are ingredients in the recipe for life. They carry the traits of living things. Your genes dictate what color hair and eyes you’ll have, how tall you’ll be, as well as many other traits. Genes carry traits for plants, too. By adding genes to a plant, you can sometimes create new traits. For example, adding a certain gene to a potato plant can make the potato plant distasteful to bugs（虫子）. This makes some farmers happy because they don’t have to use chemicals to keep bugs away from their plants.
It sounds great, but some people are opposed to the idea of food that is genetically engineered. Ronnie Cummins, from the Campaign for Food Safety, is against it. He says that one of the major concerns is allergies（过敏）. Supermarkets don’t always label foods that are genetically engineered.
A customer could unknowingly buy food that has an added gene from another plant that he or she is allergic to. It could be dangerous.
Gary Burton from Monsanto, a seed（种子）company that engineers food, disagrees. He says his company tests for allergies. Burton believes that genetic engineering is a valuable tool for making better food. The technology can help farmers use less insecticide（杀虫剂）and grow healthier crops. Burton thinks there are many advantages.
But Cummins says that we just don’t know what will happen in the future if we keep adding genes to foods. We could mistakenly create a monster.
People have different opinions about genetic engineering. One side supports it and thinks it will only help us. The other side is opposed to playing with nature and fears health risks. Which side do you think is right?
52．What could be a good thing about food that is genetically engineered?
A．It’s more expensive. B．It could taste different.
C．It requires less insecticide. D．It’s not labeled in the supermarket.
53．In general, who does not support the idea of genetic food?
A．People from seed companies.
B．Farmers who use engineered seeds.
C．People from the Campaign for Food Safety.
D．Scientists who create genetically engineered food.
54． A．growing genetic foods will make farmers richer
B．people will eat more genetic foods in the future
C．using fewer chemicals could make the food tastier
D．there could be unknown dangers about genetic foods
55．What is the best title of this passage?
A．Future Farming B．Genetic Engineering
C．Foods with a Difference D．Genetically Engineered Fruits
五．任务型阅读 (本题有5小题，每小题1分，共5分 )
56.Living in another country can help you to learn a language, and about another culture. Many companies today need employees (雇员 ) who can speak a foreign language, or have the experience of living or working in another country.
57. Most people want to be happy. But few know how to find happiness. Money and success alone do not bring lasting happiness. Happiness depends on ourselves .In other words, we make own happiness.
58. ―No man is an island‖ is a well-known line from John Donne’s Devotion, written more than three hundred years ago. Even now people still agree with him. No one can live a completely isolated life. Without other people, life became empty and sad. We all need friends.
59. When he was 18 years old, he wanted to go to film school so that he could improve his skills and become an even better director. Unluckily, he was unsuccessful in getting a place at this school so he went to a university in California to study English. Even though he had failed to get into the school he wanted to go to, he didn’t let this stop him following his dream to become a great director.
60.Which type of food will make a difference if you want to keep fit? If you eat more carbohydrates(碳水化合物 ) and proteins (蛋白质) ,your body will be pleased. If you eat
62. Let’s open the windows and have some ____________ air in here.
63. We tried our best to solve the problem.Finally we________________.
64. Could you _______me with information about student exchange programs?
65. Susan will not arrive at the airport on time ______________ she hurries up.
66. He had to make a living by himself after his father’s ___________.
67. We’ll be able to finish the project _________（容易）.
68. Excellent teachers are usually _______ (感兴趣) in their students.
69. China is getting richer and stronger in the new __________（世纪）.
70. people are pretty ____________(放松) about time in Colombia.
71. Betty is a specially trained dog. She fills my life with p__________.
72. Ten people were killed in the traffic accident, i_______ two babies.
73. My mother has been m___________to my father for 30 years.
74. I think the telephone was i__________ in 1876.
75. Our hometown is d__________ very fast now.
参考词汇：share…with…;experience; interest; change; encourage; enjoy; happiness; confident ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
/ 九年级英语答题卷 2013.01 一、听力（本题共15小题，其中1-10小题每题1分，11-15小题每题 2分,共20分）
41. 43. 44. 45. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55.
参考词汇：share…with…;experience; interest; change; encourage; enjoy; happiness; confident __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________