1. A h_______ can think and talk, but an animal cannot.
2. Edison was famous as a great i_______.
3. She has the a_______ to speak four languages.
4. His first response was to say no. Later, h_______, he changed his mind.
5. Her duties i_______ sending and receiving letters.
6. I will c_______ that everything is done.
7. We shouldn't look down upon them, i_______ we should try to help them.
8. We accepted their c_______ to a baseball game.
9. He p_______ to help the people improve their livelihood.
10. The i_______ for the machine are on the table.
11. John is English and the r_______ of us are Welsh.
12. C_______ this down from the blackboard.
13. Hurry up, or you'll be 1_______ for school.
14. When will you come back, Dad? I m_______ you so much.
15. After the examinations, I need to take a good r_______.
16. The house had been kept in good o_______.
17. The concert last night wasn’t very good. Before it ended, the theatre was almost e_______.
18. A cheaper camera is not always inferior to a more e________ one.
19. There weren’t enough chairs in the meeting room, so some of the students had to s_______ on.
20. It's too difficult for him to o_______ this new sophisticated machine.
21. Tomorrow is my cousin’s birthday. I’m going to buy a g_______ for her.
22. I c_______ the copy with the original, but there was not much difference.
23. What a p_______! I failed the chemistry exam again.
24. Children d_______ on their parents for food and clothing.
25. My sister often helps me with my homework. She is very h_______. helpful
26. 27. He is very interested in what are called p_______ songs.
28. He's been working in a bank s_______ leaving school.
29. Over the last few years tourism here has d_______ greatly.
30. Without science, we can’t live such a c__________ life.
31. An artist should c_______ beautiful things.
32. She i_________ me to her friend.
1 / 3
33. They don't have enough e_________ to do the job.
34. His new book was a great s_______.
35. He has studied the c_______of the Eastern countries.
36. I'm g_______ to hear he's feeling better.
37. If you look deeper, you'll see the d_________ between them.
38. If you work hard,you will ________.
39. He is trying his best to u_________ his meaning.
40. Their teacher p_______ them for their rudeness.
41. All the students are late, e_______ John.
42. I'm sorry to have to put you to so much t_______.
43. I sympathize with you; I've had a s_______ unhappy experience myself.
44. We must make great efforts to i_______ our environment.
45. The bicycle is not w_______ what you paid for it.
46. This museum has many art t_______.
47. Please a_______ me whether I should buy the house at once.
48. Parents often find it difficult to c__________ with their children.
49. I'd like to see you w_______ it's convenient.
50. There will be a chess c__________ next week.
I _____ _______ _____a small city near Guangzhou.
_______ _______ city children, they spend a lot of time watching television or talking to their friends on the telephone.
China _____ _______ _______ _____ its silk trade.
A new swimming pool _______ _______in our school last year.
You can _______ _____ many advantages in urban life.
6. 迈克还没有决定在哪买新房。 where to buy
Mike hasn't decided _______ _______a new house yet.
Many old customs_____ _______ _____gradually.
How long does _______ _______ to drive from Guangzhou to Qing Yuan?
I learned _____ _______ _______ _____to tell myself "I like myself!"
It’s _____ _______ _______ _____ _______, but it's still spitting a bit.
_______ _____ _____ _______ can we win the game.
When will the basketball game _______ _______?
I get up early _______ _______ I can do some exercises.
2 / 3
She _______ _____ a nurse in a special hospital.
They _____ _______ _______ _____ her visit.
_______ _______ a cup of hot chocolate?
You seem _____ _____ _______ _____how urgent the situation is.
_____ _______ _____his homework, he did many exercises.
You eat too much candy. It's _______ _______ your teeth.
We now _______ _____ _______ _____him by writing letters.
The crash took place _____ _____ _______ _______ as he left.
_______ you go to bed earlier at night, you won’t _______ _______ in the morning.
It's wet everywhere. _______ _______ the weather it is!
She was nervous _____ _______ but soon she calmed down.
I often ask my music teacher _______ _______ _______ play the piano well
The meeting will _______ _______ _______ _______.
_____ _____ _______, that's an excellent idea.
_____ _____ _____ _____ _______, our football team is more advanced than theirs.
29. 实际上， 我一点都不喜欢他的新发型。
_______ _______, I don’t like his new hairstyle at all.
The lazy student never do his homework _____ _______.
_______ my father _______ I love watching basketball matches.
You should _____ _______ _____ your achievement.
The room was empty _______ _____a broken wood chair.
It's going to be hard work but we'll win through _____ _____ _______.
What a child should do, _______ _____, is to do well in his studies.
3 / 3