出卷人 徐英姿 校对人 陈爱珍
1. What does the man want to do?
A B C
2. What’s the weather like today?
A B C
3. What is the woman looking for?
A B C
4. How will Linda get to Guilin?
A B C
5. Where is Sandy?
A. At home. B. In the hospital
C. In Shanghai C. She went skating. 6. What did the woman do yesterday evening? A. She saw a film.
A. $50 B. She went shopping. 7. How much should you pay if you buy one dictionary? B. $45 C. $90
8. How soon will Amy return?
A. In half an hour. B. In twenty-five minutes
9. Who bought the dress?
A. Kate’s brother B. Kate’s father C. In fifteen minutes. C. Kate’s mother.
10. How does the man contact his friends abroad?
A. By e-mail. B. Over the phone. C. Through letters.
11. Who had a birthday party?
A. Tom’s uncle. B. Tom’s sister. C. Tom’s brother.
12. What will Tom do after he gets home?
A. Have a birthday party. B. Visit his uncle. C . Sleep for two hours.
13.A. England B. the USA C. France
14.A. Class 7, Grade 8 B. Class 6, Grade 8 C. Class 6, Grade 7
15.A. tall and strong B. slim and tall C. slim and strong 听一篇短文，回答16-20小题。
16. Where does Franco work?
A. In a factory. B. In a hospital. A. 30 days. A. By plane. B. 15 days. B. By sea. C. In an office. C. 7 days. C. By train. C. A friend. 17. How long is his summer holiday every year? 18. How did he go to San Francisco? 19. What did he see when he arrived at San Francisco? A. A poster. B. A letter. 20. What did he do in San Francisco? A. He traveled in the countryside. B. He helped the people in need.
C. He talked to the people there.
21. This is_______ way I've told you about. Isn't it_______ useful one?
A. the, an B. the, a C. a, a D. a, the
22. Maybe the disaster can destroy our homes, but_______ can destroy the love in our people.
A. something B. everything C. anything D. nothing
23. How many flowers have you received? _______.
A. Nothing B. None C. No one D. Not
24. _______ Amy likes to go to the cinema, but she doesn't like to see horror films.
A．Since B．As C．Though D．不填
25. She_______ a new idea for reducing pollution.
A. came on B. came up with C. came into D. came out
26. It's generous_______ Kitty_______ gifts for all of us.
A. of; buying B. for; to buy C. of; to buy D. for; buying
27. The fat woman was seen_______ down South Street at 10 p.m. last night.
A. ran B. runs C. running D. to run
28. He hardly has any close friends to talk to, _________ he ?
A．hasn’t he B．has he C．doesn’t he D．does he
29. The boy looks nice_______ white and the red sweater looks good_______ the girl.
A. with; on B in; on C. on, in D. in; with
30. _______important information it is!
A. What B. What an C. How D. How a
31. Computers make_______ easier for us_______ pictures.
A. this; to draw B. it; to draw C. that: drawing D. it; drawing
32. Kate_______ the hills when she was young.
A. preferd to climb B. preferd climbing
C. preferred to climb D. preferred climbing
33. –---I wonder __________. –--Zebras.
A. what do they call these animals B. how they call these animals
C. what they call these animals D. how do they call these animals
34.-Don't_______, my children. Keep working hard and you will win the match.
-Thank you, Mr. Zhang. We'll try our best.
A. put up B. call up C. set up D. give up
35. The bike needs ________. You’d better __________.
A. repaired; have it repair B. to be repaired; have it repaired
C. repairing; have it to repair D. to be repaired; have it repairing
36. They would rather_______ colours like orange or yellow than blue or white.
A. use B. to use C. using D. uses
37. About_______ films were shown during the 5th Shanghai International Film Festival.
A. two hundred B. two hundred of
C. two hundreds D. two hundreds of
38. I often watch TV, but_______ I just listen to the radio.
A. some time B. some times C. sometime D. sometimes
39. -What should T do, doctor?
-_______ healthy, you should take more exercise.
A. Keep B. To keep C. Keeping D. Kept
40. -Do you mind if I smoke here?
-_______ You can go to smoke in the next door.
A. Yes, please. B. Never mind. C. You'd better not. D. Of course not,
What do you think of stress? is it a good thing or a bad thing?
Most of the students think stress can do harm them in some ways. There's a story about a teenager in a middle school. He even his study because of the stress from school and family. We also usually that someone turns to psychological(心理学的) doctors because of heavy working stress. There is no doubt that some people think stress is a dangerous wolf.
On the other hand, other people argue that stress is not a bad thing. They 44 stress can produce
momentum(动力) in the end. For them, right attitude(态度) and action can reduce stress and make it . When I was a. child, my mom always pushed me to study hard. She wished I could go to an ideal for further education. I experienced stress for the first time. Born to a poor family, I deeply knew was not easy for us, and everything my mom did to me was just to hope I could live a better life in the future. the saying goes, "no pains, no gains?' So I did what my mom expected because I didn't want to let her down. At last, I did measure up(达到标准) to my mom's expectation and go to college . Thanks to my mom's push! Thanks to the stress! In this way, I don't think stress is a bad thing. Overall, stress is not a bad thing in . The key is how we deal with it.
41. A. for B. in C. to D. of
42. A. began with B. showed off C. gave up D. cheered for
43. A. wonder B. decide C. promise D. hear
44. A. doubt B. believe C. remember D. forget
45. A. useful B. difficult C. strange D. terrible
46. A. company B. college C. factory D. farm
47. A. life B. spirit C. opinion D. silence
48. A. Then B. But C. As D. Or
49. A. quietly B. wildly C. specially D. successfully
50. A. himself B. myself C. itself D. herself
Do you like travelling? Do you often travel in your holidays? Travel is interesting and exciting, but it's not if you get sick. You don't want to spend your holiday sick in bed. So what can you do to stay in good health？ There are three things you should remember when you travel: relax, sleep and eat well.
When you travel, there are so many places to visit: museums, shops, parks and churches(教堂). You may spend most of your days walking around these places. This can make you feel tired. Your feet may hurt. You may have a terrible headache after a few hours. If this is the way you feel, you should take a good rest.
Sleep is also important. If you want to stay healthy. you need to get enough sleep. You may want to stay out late at night. In many cities the nightlife can be very exciting. Then you should plan to sleep for an hour in the day.
Finally, if you want to stay healthy, you must eat well. That means eating the right kinds of foods. When you are in a new country, you may want to try new foods but you need to be careful about how much you eat. Lots of rich food is not good for you.
So, remember this, if you want to enjoy your holiday, take good care of yourself. Give your body some rest. Get enough sleep and eat good, healthy food.
51. This passage is about_______.
A. what to eat when you travel B. how to stay healthy when you travel
C. how exciting travel is D. where to travel
52. It's a good idea to_______.
A. get some rest every day B. spend every day in bed
C. take lots of medicine D. eat lots of rich food
53. Your body needs sleep to_______.
A. enjoy the nightlife B. learn a lot about a new place
C. stay strong and healthy D. go outside
54. For good health you need to_______.
A. get enough sleep and good food B. eat food at night
C. eat new food D. eat rich food
There are some very good things about open education. This way of teaching allows the students to grow as people, and to develop their own interests in many subjects. Open education allows students to be responsible for their own education, as they are responsible for what they do in life. Some students do badly in a traditional classroom. The open classroom may allow them to enjoy learning. Some students will be happier in an open education school. They will not worry about grades or rules. For students who worry about these things a lot, it is a good idea to be in an open classroom.
But many students will not do well in an open classroom. For some students, there are too few rules. These students will do little in school. They will not make good use of open education. Because open education is so different from traditional education, these students may have a problem getting used to making so many choices. For many students it is important to have some rules in the classroom. They worry about the rules even when there are no rules. Even a few rules will help this kind of students. The last point about open education is that some traditional teachers do not like it. Many teachers do not believe in open education. Teachers who want to have an open classroom may have many problems at their schools.
55. Open education allows the students to_______.
A. be late for school B. be responsible for their future C. develop their own interests D. discover subjects outside class
56. Open education may be a good idea for the students who______.
A. enjoy traditional learning B. worry about grades
C. do well in a traditional classroom D. are responsible for what they do
57. Some students will do little in an open classroom because______.
A. there are too few rules B. they hate activities
C. open education is meaningless D. they worry about the rules
58. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?
A. Some traditional teachers do not like open education.
B. Many teachers do not believe in open education.
C. Teachers may have problems in open classrooms.
D. Teachers' feeling and attitudes are important to students.
We spent a day in the country and picked a lot of flowers. Our car was full of flowers inside! On the way home we had to stop at traffic lights, and there my wife saw the bookshelf.
It stood outside a furniture(家具)shop. "Buy it," she said at once. "We'll carry it home on the roof-rack(车顶架. I've always wanted one like that."
What could I do? Ten minutes later I was twenty dollars poorer, and the bookshelf was tied onto the roof rack. It was tall and narrow, quite heavy too.
As it was getting darker, I drove slowly. Other drivers seemed more polite than usual that
evening. The police even stopped traffic to let us through. Carrying furniture was a good idea.
After a time my wife said, "There's a long line of cars behind. Why don't they overtake(超车)?"
Just at that time a police car did overtake. The two officers(警官)inside looked at us seriously when they went past. But then, with a kind smile they asked us to follow their car through the busy traffic. The police car stopped at our village church(教堂). One of the officers came to me.
"Right, sir," he said. "Do you need any more help now?"
I didn't quite understand. "Thanks, officer," I said. "You've been very kind. I live just down the road."
He was looking at our things: first at the flowers, then at the bookshelf. "Well, well," he said and laughed. "It's a bookshelf you've got there! We thought it was-er, something else."
My wife began to laugh. Suddenly I understood why the police drove here. I smiled at the officer. "Yes, it's a bookshelf, but thanks again." I drove home as fast as I could.
59. From the story we know that______.
A. The writer was poor and didn't buy the bookshelf for his wife
B. The writer's wife didn't like the bookshelf at all
C. The writer was very angry with his wife
D. The writer was not very glad to buy the bookshelf for his wife
60. What made the writer think that carrying furniture was "a good idea"?
A. He could drive slowly and it was safe.
B. Other drivers would let him go first.
C. His wife could use a new bookshelf.
D. He could save a lot of money and time.
61. Why were the police and other drivers so kind to the writer?
A. Because they thought the writer liked studying very much and needed a bookshelf. B. Because they didn't think it was polite to overtake a car with a bookshelf on it.
C. Because they thought somebody in the writer's family had died and he needed help.
D. Because they thought it was dangerous to carry a bookshelf on a car. 62. When did the officers begin to realize(意识)they had made a mistake?
A. Before they arrived at the church.
B. Before they overtook the writer's car.
C. After one of them looked at the flowers and the bookshelf carefully at the church.
D. After the writer's family left the church.
Which part of the world has the most nearsighted students? Just look around you-it's East Asia. Nine in ten school leavers in major East Asian cities are nearsighted, according to the BBC. Experts say books and video games are not to blame. East Asian students, they say, aren't getting enough sunlight.
People become nearsighted because their eyeballs grow out of shape and light entering their eyes cannot focus correctly. The body can produce a chemical called dopamine（多巴胺） to stop eyeballs from changing shape. And guess what scientists have just discovered? Sunlight can help our bodies produce more dopamine, reported AFP. According to the study, primary school students in Singapore spend only 30 minutes outdoors every day; in Australia, by contrast, kids spend about three hours a day outside. As a result, fewer children in Australia are nearsighted-only 10 percent, compared with 90 percent in Singapore. “Children in East Asia basically go to school... go home and stay inside. They study and they watch
television," Ian Morgan of the Australian National University told AFP.
But being a bookworm or a couch potato does not directly harm the eyes, added Morgan. "As long as they get outside, it doesn't seem to matter how much study they do," he explained. "There are some kids who study hard and get outside and play hard and they are generally fine. The ones who are at major risk are the ones who study hard and don't get outside. As a result of massive（巨大的）educational pressures and the construction（构成）of a child's day, the amount of time they spend outside in bright light is minimized."
Experts suggest children should stay outside for two to three hours every day, This can include time spent in the playground and walking to and from school.
63. What is the main reason for the large number of nearsighted students in East Asia, according to scientists?
A. Too much reading or gaming. B. Lack of sunlight.
C. Genetic reasons. D. Lack of exercise.
64. What can we conclude from Paragraph 2?
A. Dopamine is a chemical that causes eyeballs to grow out of shape.
B. Dopamine can stop light entering the eyes from focusing correctly.
C. Spending time in the sun can make the loss of dopamine in the body.
D. The more dopamine a person has in their body, the better eyesight he or she has.
65. The word "minimized" in second-to-last paragraph probably means_______.
A. reduced as much as possible B. made better use of
C. taken little notice of D. attached much importance to
66. Before we make a _______（决定）,we should think it over seriously.
67. He seems_______（放松）and confident before the match.
68. How many seasons is the year_______（分成）into?．
69. _______（吵架）with her brother often makes her unhappy.
70. The_______（温暖）of her smile made him calm down.
71. The President wanted to talk to the doctor before_______（宣布）his plan.
72. Who_______（发现）the American Continent?
73. The_______（交流）between children and their parents is very important.
74._______（是否）it rains or not makes no difference to me.
75. Fishing is not_______（允许）here.
76. -Do you think listening to English songs can help you learn English?
-Yes. I think so. But my mum_______ with me.
77. –-You didn’t pay for the tickets,did you?
---No, I didn’t.,because they are _____________yesterday.
78. Green can give you a lot energy，because it __________ new life and growth．
79. As a student ,it is important to_______ a balance between schoolwork and hobbies.
80. I have a really bad _______ today. I think I need to go to the dentist right away.
66.__________ 67._____________ 68.____________69.__________70.___________ 71.__________ 72._____________ 73.____________74.__________75.___________ B)（共5小题，每空1分，共50分）
76.__________ 77._____________ 78.____________79.__________80.___________ 五、句子翻译（共5小题；每小题3分，计15分) 81. 学生们理解这个句子有困难。
_________________________________________________________________________ 84. 你给我提了这么多宝贵的建议，真是太好了。
根据以下提示，以“My e-friend” 为题写一篇90词左右的短文，要求语句流畅，所给的信息均要写进去,并针对问题提出建议(至少两点)。
1. W: Would you like to climb hills this Saturday?
M: No, why don’t we go fishing?
2. W: Shall we go to play badminton on the playground? M: I'm afraid not. It's windy today. 3. M: What are you doing?
W: I want to watch TV. Have you seen the remote control?
4. M: How will you go to Guilin next week?
W: I thought I’d fly, but I decided to take a train because it would be cheaper than driving and flying.
5. M: Where’s Sandy? I can’t find her.
W: I don’t think she will come today. She went to Shanghai on business yesterday.
6. M: Did you go to see a film yesterday evening?
W: No, I didn’t. I went shopping with my husband.
7. M: How much is this dictionary?
W: Fifty dollars for one, and ninety dollars for two.
8. M: Amy, when will you be back? It’s already half past seven now.
W: Oh, dad. I’m on the way. I think I will be back at seven forty-five.
9. M: Kate, your dress is very nice.
W: Thank you, Nick. It’s my birthday present from my mother.
10. M: I often e-mail my friends abroad. What about you, Lucy?
W: Over the phone. But sometimes I write letters.
第二部分 听对话和短文回答问题 你将听到一段对话和两篇短文，各听两遍。
W: Are you OK, Tom? You look tired.
M: My brother and I went to a birthday party for my sister last night. I didn’t get much sleep.
W: Really? I’m sure you enjoyed yourself at the party. Where did you have it?
M: It was at my uncle’s house. The party didn’t end till 3 o’clock this morning.
W: Oh, I see. I think you need to sleep for a while now.
M: Yes. I’m going home to bed. I can get two hours’ rest. See you later.
W: See you.
听短文，完成信息表13-15小题。 Hello, everyone! My name is Lucy. I am English. My parents work in China, so I come here with them. I am twelve. Now I am in Class Seven, Grade Eight at No.5 Secondary School. I am a new student. My Chinese teacher is Miss Li . She is very nice to me. I have a sister. Her name is Mary. She is at a different school. I have
many hobbies. I like walking. I like drawing. I also like swimming. I wear glasses, but my sister doesn’t. At the weekend, I often go to the cinema. I like eating fish, and I look very slim and tall.
Franco is a doctor in New York City. He has one week off every August for the summer holiday. Last summer he decided to take a trip to San Francisco. He didn’t want to go by air. He really wanted to see the United States, so he took the train.
The train left New York City on Monday at 10:30 p.m. During the long trip, he looked out of the window and watched the country go by. He saw large cities, small towns, and of course the beautiful countryside. For five days, Franco didn’t get off the train. He often took walks through the train and talked with the other people.
Finally at 2:45 p.m. on Friday, the train stopped in San Francisco. When he got off the train, he saw a poster on the wall of the station. It said: Wanted! Volunteer doctors in the earthquake areas! Franco went to help the people in need. He had been busy the whole week, but he was happy.
一．听力部分： CBAAC BACCA BCAAB BCCAB
二、选择填空：单选21-25 BDBDB 26-30 CCDBA 31-35 BCCDB 36-40 AADBC 完型 41-45 CCDBA 46-50 BACDC
三、阅读 51-54 BACA 55-58 CBAD 59-62 DBCC 63-65 BDA
四、单词 66.decision 67.relaxed 68.divided 69.Quarrelling 70.warmth
71.announced 72.discovered 73.communication 74.Whether 75.allowed
76.disagrees 77.free 78.represents 79.keep/achieve 80.toothache
1.The students have problems (in) solving/working out the maths problem.
2.We should be strict with us about our study.
3. I sometimes doubt whether this film is worth watching/seeing.
4. It’s nice of you to give me so many valuable suggestions/so much valuable advice
5．This song reminds me of the earthquake ten years ago.