1. be supposed to do . 应该 如：We ___ supposed to stop______. 我们应该停止吸烟。
知识拓展 表示应该的词有：should, ought to ,be supposed to
2. shake ____ 握手 shake 本意是“摇动、震动” 你本应该问清楚怎么样穿才得体。中的“should have asked”是“情态动词＋现在完成时”表示过去本应该做某事，事实上没有做
如：She ____ ______ _______ to Beijing. 她本应该去了北京。（没有去）
4. be relaxed about sth. 对某事随意、不严格 如：They are relaxed about the time. 他们对时间很随意。
5. pretty adv. 相当,很＝_____ She is pretty friendly. 她相当友好。adj. 美丽的She is a pretty girl.她是一个美丽的女孩。
6. make plans to do =plan____ ____. 打算做某事 如：
She has made plans to go to Beijing.==She has planed to go to Beijing.
7. drop by 访问看望 拜访 串门We just dropped by our friends’ homes.我们刚刚去朋友家串门。
8. on time 按时 9.after all 毕竟,终究 如：You see I was right after all.你看，毕竟还是我对了。
10. invite sb. to do sth. 邀请某人做某事 如：Lily invited me to have dinner.莉莉请我吃晚饭。
11. without 没有 12. around the world ==____ _____ the world 全世界
13. pick up 捡起 挑选 如：He picked up his hat. 他捡起他的帽子。
14. start doing == start____ ____开始做某事 如He started reading.== He started to read. 他开始读。
15. point at 指向 16. stick v. 剌,截 n. 棒，棍 chopstick 筷子 是由chop(砍)＋stick(棒)合成，通常用复数形式：chopsticks
17. go out of one’s way to do 特意，专门做某事 如：
He went out of his way to make me happy.他特意使我高兴。
18. make mistakes 犯错误（复数）make a mistake 犯错误（一个）
19. be different from 与…不同 如Chinese food is different from theirs. 中国菜与他们的不同.
20. 我发现要记住每一样事是困难的。常见的形式宾语有：find / think + it/them +形容词 to do sth. 如：I think it hard to study English.
21. cut up 切开 切碎 如：Let’s cut up the water melon. 让我们切开这个西瓜吧。
22. make a toast 敬酒23. crowd v.挤满 其形容词和过去式及过去分词都是：crowded
24. set n. 一套 v. 设置25. can’t stop doing 忍不住做某事I can’t stop laughing. 我忍不住笑
26. make faces 做鬼脸 27. 面对面＿＿＿＿＿＿＿＿＿
28.自学________________ 如：I learn English by my self. 我自学英语。
Section A Ⅰ. 根据句意及首字母提示，填写单词。
1. You should s the bottle (瓶子) before pouring the orange juice.
2. What’s your attitude t what the kids wear to school?
3. Switzerland is the l of watches, and people there are very serious about time. 4. After exercising in the morning, I usually feel quite r .
5. Julie k her mother good night before she went to bed.
1. You shouldn’t have (leave) so soon at the party.
2. He is (suppose) to arrive at the station at 8:40.
3. They lay on the beach, (look) up into the blue sky.
4. Eating dumplings at the Spring Festival (be) the custom in our country. 5. I was very embarrassed at the party because I (wear) the wrong clothes. Ⅲ. 根据句意和汉语提示，填写恰当的短语完成下列句子。
1. In Switzerland it’s very important to be (准时).
2. They (握手) and started a conversation at once.
3. Don’t be angry with him. (毕竟), he is still a child.
4. They don’t usually have to (做计划) to meet their friend
5. He lives near the city mall. We can (顺便拜访他家) when we go there for shopping. Ⅳ. 根据括号内所给的词语提示，翻译下列句子。
1. 他们有相当宽松的规定。(pretty relaxed)
3. 作为一名学生，你应该努力学习。(be supposed to)
4. 你若晚到一会儿也不要紧。(a bit late)
Section B &self check Ⅰ. 根据句意和汉语提示，填写单词。
1. American people eat with a (餐刀) and fork. 2. The geography teacher is (指) to the map on the wall.
3. You should use a (匙) to eat the soup.
4. Be careful not to (刺) the needle (针) in your finger.
5. — Would you like another one? — No, thanks. I’m (吃饱的).
1. It’s impolite to make (noise) while eating noodles.
2. By reading this article, we can learn about table (manner).
3. At that time, all the questions (crowd) my mind.
4. When I first ate in a (west) restaurant, I didn’t know what to do.
5. We should speak to old people (polite).
1. 我们没有理由迟到。There is for us .
2. 在周末，我习惯于晚起。On weekends, I .
3. 他费尽心思帮助我。He .
4. 我发现忘记那次经历很难。I find that experience.
you can imagine, things are the way they are at home. Reading Ⅰ. 根据句意及汉语提示，填写单词。
1. I saw Jack sitting (在……旁边) Jim talking.
2. I don’t understand the meaning of this (符号).
3. My sister got the answer to the (谜语) very quickly.
4. Many people are against (做实验) on animals.
5. He gave me a (恰当的) example, so I understood it easily.
e-mail, who, rubbish, please, normal
1. flowers are these on the table? 2. Mom is very with her new job.
3. You can use e-mail English when your friends.
4. It takes 20 minutes to get there.
5. I forgot to take out the when I left home this morning. Ⅲ. 根据句意，从方框内选择合适的短语，并用其适当形式填空。 get used to, learn … by oneself, pick up, used to, can’t stop laughing
1. Jane the book on the floor and put it on the desk.
2. Three weeks later, she her new job.
3. The man is hard-working. He is English . 4. His mother be a football player.
5. She when she heard the funny joke.