英 语 试 卷 2013. 5
A. B. C.
请听一段对话，完成第5至第6小题。新课 标第 一 网
5. What does the man want to buy?
A. A coat. B. A jacket. C. A shirt.
6. How much will the man pay?
A. $ 80. B. $100. C. $120.
7. Who did Tony go to the movie with?
A. His friends. B. His parents. C. His brother.
8. What does Tony think of the movie?
A. Moving. B. Exciting. 请听一段对话，完成第9至第10小题。
9. Where are the two speakers?
A. On a train.
B. On a plane. C. In 4 hours. 10. How soon will the speakers arrive in Beijing? A. In 2 hours. B. In 3 hours.
11. What’s Linda’s problem?
A. She doesn’t feel well. B. She doesn’t work hard. C. She has no friends.
A. His country. C. Linda’s problem.
15. What is Nancy mainly doing now?
A. Giving a lesson.
B. Predicting the future.
C. Making an advertisement.
16. What can you learn from Nancy’s talk?
A. The younger should take more exercise in late adulthood.
B. Changes of the old’s lifestyle are more important.
C. Lifestyle has a great influence on health.
22. 23. – A. in B. at
24. –--Perfect. I’llA. both B. some
25. –A. play C. to play D. played C. on D. to C. all D. any
26. –’ve got a lot of work to do.
’t B. mustn’t C. wouldn’t D. won’t
27. –How do you like physics?
--I think it’s a little ______ than math.
A. easy B. easier C. easiest
28. Please save water, ______ we will be in trouble. D. the easiest
A. so B. and C. but D. or
29. Every year, thousands of farmers______ to big cities to find jobs.
A. go B. went C. have gone D. will go
30. John ______ when his mother got home yesterday.
A. cooks B. cooked C. was cooking D. is cooking
31. –Excuse me. ______ is it from here to the zoo?
--Let me see. It’s about two kilometers.
A. How long B. How soon
--He ______ in a car factory. X k B 1 . c o m
A. work B. worked C. is working D. will work
33. –How clean your rooms are!
--Thank you. They______ every day.
A. clean B. cleaned
34. – Could you please tell me______ now?
--Yes. I live in Dongsi.
A. where do you live
C. where you live
about to begin my dream
Safety Training we were
target, and half a mark for
turn, I entered the house target
射击). He fell to the ground. Another to get a successful shot. Just at the moment, I feeling that I was finally going to pass the test.
When one of the officers followed me out, I couldn’t wait to ask, ―Did I pass, sir?‖ ―No,‖ he said angrily. ―What? Why?‖ I wondered. He then at his shirt and shouted, ―See this? shots! Luckily they were paintballs. I didn’t wear any protective gear (装备) because I was just in the corner to you.‖
I said sorry to the officer and told him that I was not terrible at other police trainings and I always scored a high mark when we telling someone that their family member had died. ―That’s good,‖ he said. ―Because when you accidentally someone with the way
新课标第一网系列资料 www.xkb1.com C. How much D. How far 32. –What did Mr. Brown do before he came to China? C. have cleaned D. are cleaned B. where did you live D. where you lived
you did, you will be able to tell the family very nicely how they died.‖ In the end, after nine months of what is usually a six-month course, I realized that people around me would be a lot better off if I to teaching. X|k |B | 1 . c|O |m
I am now the Head of Department for English at a high school. The words of the Rolling Stones spring to mind: You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need. 35. A. test
C. action C. head
D. chance D. chest
36. A. legs 37. A. nervously 38. A. pulled 39. A. tried
B. arms B. happily
C. carefully C. held C. decided
C. pleased C. pointed C. Four C. watch C. kept C. kill B. picked
40. A. proud 41. A. looked 42. A. Two
D. protect D. enjoyed D. wound
B. Three B. help
43. A. score 44. A. finished 45. A. hurt B. practiced
47. What are the two advertisements about? A. First: an airline; second: a car. B. First: a car; second: an airline. C. Both: airlines. D. Both: cars.
48. What places can Cathay Pacific take us to?
A. Only the places in our city. B. The places all over the Pacific.
C. Only the places in our country. D. The places all over the world.
49. ―Environmentally friendly‖ and ―fun to drive‖ are ______.
A. the same B. a little different C. just opposite D. almost similar
When you work long hours and Sundays are no longer a day to rest, feeling overworked can become the new normal. Take sportsmen as examples and do the same yourself, so you’ll know if you’re overworking.
Check your resting heart rate (率脉搏). Usually your heart rate will stay within a few beats every minute. ’re overworked, the rate increases. If your heart rate is up in the morning, a rest or sleep that night.
Check your emotions. Getting angry easily? If you can’’t help. The only way out is a break.
’t eat ’re overworking? w W w .x K b 1.c o M
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four. D. Five.
C. At noon. D. At night.
If you look through the Surui reserve (保护区) with Google Earth, you will see a green area in the middle of yellow surroundings. Once, the Paiter-Surui tribe (部落) lived in the heart of the Amazon rainforest in Brazil. But after the tribe met with Westerners years ago, they nearly disappeared: diseases brought by outsiders reduced the Surui’s numbers from 5,000 to about 250.
Today, some 1,300 people live in 23 villages across 600,000 acres (英亩). Though they are wearing T-shirts and jeans, the Surui decide to protect the tribal culture. They are in danger again. Trees are being cut, animals are being killed, and the forest is becoming smaller and smaller. But this time it’s different. The Surui people have put aside their bows and arrows and taken up a new
新课标第一网系列资料 www.xkb1.com B. Drinking more water. D. Eating less food.
www.xkb1.com 新课标第一网不用注册，免费下载！ weapon (武器): the Internet.
The idea comes from the leader of the Surui, Chief Almir Narayamoga. ―We decided to use computers to bring attention to our situation,‖ says Narayamoga. The first in his tribe to go to college, he learned how to use computers.
The chief asked about the possibility of making a map of the Surui reserve using Google Earth. An online tour of the reserve, he believed, would help protect the Surui by showing the world the results of cutting trees and the attacks (进攻) on tribal land. It would also tell the government about their situation. This way, Narayamoga hoped to raise money to protect the rain forest by planting one million trees. ―Training and education is now ―We know we have to do so.‖
Narayamoga’to the Amazon to train the Surui in using computers, cameras, and their While their work is supported (支持can support themselves within ten years, with and tourism. The great thing A. About 600,000. C. About 1,300. D. About 250.
B. The reserve is getting smaller. D. The rainforest is disappearing.
None of us is quite as healthy in mind as we seem, but neither is every unusual thing we do means we’re unhealthy. How to tell the difference? Start by reading the letters below, which have been analyzed by our experts.
(1) Lately, after I read an unusual word, I often can’t get it out of my head for days, sometimes weeks. I silently repeat it to myself, often spell it, and even wake up in the night with it ringing in my head. What’s wrong with my brain?
That sounds like a little obsession (着迷). Your brain feels that for some reason it must repeat B. Scientific knowledge. D. Information technology. 新|课 |标| 第 |一| 网
www.xkb1.com 新课标第一网不用注册，免费下载！ this word. Unless it is taking up more than an hour of your day or really influencing your life, it is not serious. To stop it, leave it alone. If you really want to stop the repetition, set aside ten minutes a day to repeat the word over and over again. Do it so many times that you finally get sick of it.
(2) I sometimes have strange dreams when taking a short sleep, and I think they’re real when I wake up. Then, as I come around, I realize they aren’t. Is there something wrong with me?
What’s wrong is that you take short sleeps and most of us don’t! But are you mad? No. We all have strange dreams, and it’s normal, upon waking, to be fuzzy (模糊) for a little while or even not to remember where we are. What is not normal is if you don’t have these dreams.
(3) When people are eating, I can’bowl. I begin shaking and having a headache. I’with their mouths open. Is there something wrong with me? w W w .x K b 1.c o M’t eat with their mouths closed? At the least, you’’re talking about. You can train yourself to be less troubled by the noise.
(4) When I’m driving and a bridge, my heart starts racing and I feel light-headed. The fear that I’This sounds like an (忧虑), which can bring on heart illness and a real sense that you’’s reaction to the possible danger in near future. 56. What does the word analyzed mean in the first paragraph?
A. Divided into parts.
C. Discussed in groups. B. Examined carefully. D. Treated scientifically.
57. Which person described in the four letters has got something wrong?
A. The first two.
C. The last two. B. No. 1 and No. 3. D. No. 2 and No. 4.
58. What can we do when we have strange dreams after a short sleep?
A. It’s not necessary for us to do anything.
B. We can think about the dreams once again.
C. It’s a good idea to pay attention to other things.
D. We’d better go to see a doctor as early as possible.
59. From the passage, we can infer that ______.
A. we don’t need to worry about anything in mind
B. disorders in mind can be treated by ourselves
C. one must face all kinds of problems in life
D. if you are brave, nothing can trouble you
价格低廉gone in most European countries and the United are considered rather economical (节省的 The first extensive (广泛的) use of sleeping in the 1830s in the US. A name
Dr. Sharon M. Draper is an excellent teacher as well as a successful writer. She is a woman
www.xkb1.com 新课标第一网不用注册，免费下载！ of achievements.
She has been honored as the National Teacher of the Year, is a five-time winner of the Coretta Scott King Literary Awards, and is a New York Times bestselling writer.
She was chosen as Ohio's Outstanding High School Language Arts Educator, Ohio Teacher of the Year, and as a NCNW Excellence in Teaching Award winner.
She is a Milken Family Foundation National Educator Award winner.
She is a YWCA Career Woman of Achievement, and is the recipient (接受者) of the Dean's Award from Howard University School of Education. 新-课- 标-第- 一-网
Degree from Pepperdine University.
Copper Sun has been chosen by the US State Department International Reading Nigeria, and Ghana are reading the book and —a true intercontinental, cross-cultural experience.
She has worked all over the United States, as as in Russia, Ghana, Togo, Kenya, Ethiopia, Bermuda, and Guam, the word about the power of successful teaching and excellence in education.
She became known when prize in a literary (文学的) competition. She was , came into being. She has written many poems, 期刊).
(Simon and Schuster, 2009)
Out of my Mind (Simon and Schuster, 2010)
64. Is Dr. Sharon M. Draper a writer?
65. What was she named in 2011?
66. How many times has she been to the White House at least?
67. What has she written in literary journals?
68. What’s the passage mainly about?
根据中文意思完成句子。X k B 1 . c o m
______________________________ say sorry to Mary, since you are good friends.
Harry studies ______________________________ every teacher likes him very much.
74. , 它们源于亲人、源于老师、源于同学、源于陌生人……, 它们冲刷着我们的心灵，激励我们向上。
现在，某英文报纸就“感动”话题征文，请你投稿。发表你的观点，叙述一次让你 感动的经历， 并谈谈你的体会。w W w .x K b 1.c o M
提示词语：moving experiences；in our daily life；help；remember；be deeply moved；
www.xkb1.com 新课标第一网不用注册，免费下载！ __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________