2010英语高考一轮 知 识 点 复 习
Module 1 Unit 3 & 4
1. 日记, 杂志 _____________ journal 2. 运送, 运输 _____________ transport finally 3. 最后, 终于 _____________ persuade 4. 说服, 劝说 _____________ stubborn 5. 顽固的 _____________ 6. 坚持 7. 适当地 _____________ insist properly _____________
determine 8.下定决心 _____________
valley 9. 山谷, 流域 ____________
attitude 10. 态度, 看法 ____________ shorts 11. 短裤 ____________
camp 12. 营地, 扎营 ____________ 13. 记录, 录音 ____________ record
14. 话题, 主题 ____________ topic
1. 梦想做某事 dream of doing sth 2. 毕业于(某大学) graduate from persuade sb to do / 3. 说服某人做某事 into doing sth 4. 使某人对某事感兴趣做 get sb interested in sth 5. 坚决要求做某事 insist on / upon doing sth 6. 坚持要求某人做某事 insist that sb (should) do sth
7. 改变主意 change one’s mind
8. 在??的高度 at an altitude of
9. 下定决心做某事 be determined to do sth 10. 向某人屈服 give in to sb 11. 穿过深谷 through deep valleys 12. 像往常一样 as usual
13. 鼓励某人做某事 encourage sb to do sth
14. 扎营 make camp put up tents hardly wait to do
16. 迫不及待做某事 18. 对熟悉
17. 首先??, 其次?? For one thing…for another
be familiar with be familiar to have an attitude to
21. 破纪录 break the record 22. 把某人经历 记录下来 record one’s experiences 23. 期末考试 the final-term examination
24. 公交车费 bus fare 25. 详细地 in detail 26. 河的源头 the source of a river 27. 醒着 stay awake 28. 为??作准备 prepare for 29. 列出详单 make a list of details
1. 他们坚持不完工就不休息。(insist) They insist that they should not rest ____________________________________ until they finish the work. ____________________________________
2. 一旦你下了决心就不该轻易改变主意。 (make up one’s mind) Once you have made up your mind, ____________________________________ ____________________________________ you should not change your mind easily.
3.说服我去参加运动会的是我的好朋友。 (强调句) (persuade sb. to do) It was my good friend who persuaded __________________________________ __________________________________ me to take part in the sports meeting. 4.我认为我们不该让步，毕竟这不是我们的错。 (give in) I don’t think we should give in. ___________________________________ After all, it’s not our fault. ___________________________________ 5.父母所关心的是孩子的未来。(care about) What parents care about is the future ___________________________________ ___________________________________ of their children.
Book1 Unit 4
I. Words: judge honour 1.法
官, 判断 __________ 2.荣誉, 尊敬_________ fresh Europe 3.新鲜的 ___________ 4.欧洲 ____________ mine 5.埋葬 ___________ 6. 矿山 ___________ bury 7.地震 ____________ 8.休克, 震惊_________ quake shock 9.营救 __________ 10.毁坏 __________ rescue destroy injure 11.电, 电流__________ 12.损害____________ electricity 13.池塘 ________ 14.蒸气 ____________ pond steam smelly burst 15.发臭的 __________ 16.爆发 ____________
1.握手 shake hands with 2.水管 water pipe 3.自然灾害 natural disaster 4.立刻, 马上 right away / right now / at once 5.新鲜的空气 fresh air 6.百分之二十 20 per cent of … 7.三分之二 two thirds 8.数以万计的 tens of thousands of 9.成千的 thousands of 10.作为??而闻名 be famous /well-known as
11.破败不堪, 一片废墟 in ruins 12.太??而不能?? too…to… 13.发出臭的气体 give out a smelly gas 14.为??作准备 prepare for 15.代替, 而不是 instead of in honor of 16.为纪念?? 17.为??而自豪 be proud of / take pride in 18.从??来判断 judging from / by 19.超过, 不仅仅 more than 20.举手 raise / put up one’s hand
21.结束, 终结 at an end
22.挖掘, 发现 dig out
23.为幸存者搭建避身处 build shelters for survivors 24.煤矿 coal mines 25.组织一个晚会 organize an evening party
26.营救某人脱离危险 rescue sb from danger
27.毁坏一个城市 destroy a city 28.弄伤一支胳膊 injure an arm burst into laughter / 29.突然大笑起来 out laughing
1. 动物们紧张得不吃东西。 The animals were too nervous to eat. ______________________________________ 2. 老鼠从地里跑出来找地方躲。 Mice ran out of the fields looking ______________________________________ for places to hide. ______________________________________ 3. 世界似乎到了末日。 ______________________________________ It seemed that the world was at an end! 4. 也不是所有的希望都没有了。 All hope was not lost. ______________________________________
考点例题: 1. persuade/ advise persuade 1) I tried to ___________ my father to give up smoking, but in vain. advised 2) I ___________ my father to give up smoking, but in vain. 3) He wanted to ___________ his wife persuade to see his cousin, but failed. 4) He _________ that they should start at once. advised persuaded 5) Finally she ___________ him into going to the hospital.
6) His mother persuaded him not to give up _________________________
the chance to take part in the competition.
persuade the workers of 7) He failed to ______________________ his
8) We have persuade him to give up smoking.
try to persuade 9) Advertisers _______________ consumers
to buy their goods. (劝说)
2. insist v.
insist on / upon doing sth.
或insist that-clause, 从句动词用(should) do
ed on our staying there for supper.
insist on / upon doing sth.或insist that-clause, 从句动词用陈述句语序和相应的时态 He insisted on his innocence. (无罪)
1) The farmer insisted that the neighbor had stolen ____________(steal) his sheep. 2) The government insists that waste water (should) be made __________________ (make) clean before going into the river.
3. determine v. 决定; 确定; 下决心 + n/to do sth./clause + on/upon sth./doing sth. + 疑问句+to do sth. 你最好尽快决定开会日期。 You had better determine a date for the meeting as soon as possible. 当你阅读时没有必要确定每个单词的意义。 It is unnecessary to determine what each word means while you are reading a passage. 我还没决定去哪里打发七天假期。 I haven’t determined where to spend the seven-day holiday.
be determined to do 下决心干??
=make up one’s mind to do
give sb. a determined look 坚定地看某人
a determined man
4. familiar adj. 熟悉的??；通晓?? The lady looked somewhat familiar, but I could not remember where I had seen her. 拓展： be familiar with… 熟悉??；通晓?? be familiar to… 对??熟悉的 例题： The song is familiar _______ me. to = I am familiar ___________ the song. with
5. rise (rose, risen) 1) vi.上升, 起立(床), 增长 The amount of money spent in dealing with the problem of pollution keeps rising year by year. 2) n. 上升, 上涨, 升起 a rise in price 涨价 give sb. a rise 给某人提工资 a rise in the cost of living 生活费用的增加 at the rise of the sun 日出之时
拓展: raise vt. 举起, 提出, 提高, 饲养 The price of rice has been raised lately. = The price of rice has risen lately. raise chickens 养鸡 rise one’s voice 提高嗓音 raise one’s hands 举起手 例题: The living standard of the people in Nanjing ______ since 1983. C A. has raised B. had been risen C. has risen D. rose
6. injure v. 受伤, 伤害 They were slightly/seriously/badly injured in the crash. Smoking will surely injure one’s health. 拓展: injured adj. 受伤的 injury n. 伤口, 受伤处 hurt (身体部位)感到疼; (肉体或精神上)受到伤害 wound 受伤(枪伤/刀伤)等 harm 意指无形伤害, “对??有害”常指伤及 一个人的健康、权利、事业等。 damage 主要用于无生命的东西, 常指对价值和 功能的损坏, 可修复。
destroy 意为“毁坏, 消灭”, 指不可修复的破坏。 例题: Reading in the sun ________ your eyes. harms It ______ me to think that so many people hurts died in the flood. In the battle, hundreds of soldiers were wounded __________ and some were even killed. Although the city had been attacked D by the storm several times, _________ was done. A. a few damages B. few destroy C. little hurt D. little damage
点短语： 1. care with 关心, 担忧, 惦记 What she cares about is her own future. I don’t care about what he is talking about. 拓展: care for 喜欢; 照顾; 关心 He had to care for his sister while studying in college. I care much for pop music.
2. change one’s mind 改变主意 It is easy for him to change his mind, so don’t believe him easily. 拓展: make up one’s mind 下决心 keep one’s mind on 专心于 read one’s mind 看出某人的心思 bear/keep sth. in mind 记住某事 speak one’s mind 坦率说出心里话 翻译： 更深入地了解他之后, 我改变了对他的看法。 Since getting to know him better, I’ve ____________________________________ ________________________________ changed my mind about him.
3. give in (to) (向??)屈服, 让步 I will never give in to difficulties. 拓展: give away 泄露; 送掉; 赠送 give back 归还 give up 放弃(后接sth./doing sth.) give off 发出(蒸汽、光等) give out 分发; 筋疲力尽 give way to 让位于; 妥协 We can’t give way to their demands. He had no choice but to give up going abroad for further education.
4. for one thing…., for another 一方面??另一方面??；一则??再则?? I am not going to Beijing for a holiday with them. For one thing, I have no time; for another, I have been there. 拓展: On (the) one hand, on the other (hand) 用以引出相互矛盾的观点和意见 On the one hand, the concert really is worth going to, but on the other hand, the ticket is too expensive.
5. tens of thousands of 数以万计的 Tens of thousands of people were watching the game in the stadium when it began to rain heavily. 拓展: hundreds of 数百的 hundreds of and thousands of 成百上千的 thousands of 数千的 millions of 数百万的 dozens of 许多; 大量 scores of 许多; 大量
考点例题: A 1) Every year ________ foreign visitors come to China. A. tens of thousands of B. ten thousands of C. over ten thousands D. thousands upon thousands 2) There were _______ people in the hall. B A. two scores of B. scores of C. two and score D. two scores
6. be known/well known as = be famous as 作为??而出名 Shenzhen is well-known as a modern city. 拓展: be known for 因为??而闻名 be known to sb. 为??所熟悉 It is known (to all) that… 众所周知?? As is known (to all), …. 众所周知?? It is well-known to us all that it is very important to keep the balance of nature. =As is well-known to us all, it is important to keep the balance of nature.
7. break out (战争、火灾、疫病等) 突然发生, 爆发 A fire broke out in the supermarket last night. 拓展: break down 出毛病, 不运转 break away from 脱离, 摆脱…… break in 插话, 破门进入 break into 破门闯入 break off 突然终止 break through 突围, 突破 例题: The fire was put out 15 minutes after it _________. broke out
8. lose hope 绝望 He never loses hope even when he fails.
拓展: lose heart 泄气; 灰心 lose courage 沮丧 lose face 丢脸; 受屈辱 lose touch (with sb.) 与某人失去联系 lose one’s way 迷路 lose one’s breath 上气不接下气 lose one’s head 昏了头 lose one’s life 丧生, 遇害 例题: Never ___________________ even after lose heart / lose hope you have failed several times.
重点句型 1. It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. 是我姐姐首先想到骑自行车沿湄公河从它的 源头骑到终点的。 It was …who…引导的是一个强调句型。两个 where引导的从句均作介词宾语从句。 强调句型结构： It is/was +被强调部分+that/who+其余部分
It was they that put forward the problem at the meeting. It was not until you told me that I realized that she hadn’t turned up yet. What is it that happening there? where 例题: Is it in the town ___________ he worked last year? that I am sure that it is at 10:00 ____________ the plane for Dalian takes off. until that It wasn’t __________ he came ________ I knew that basketball match would be delayed.
2. While dairy writers try to record how they feel very soon after things happen, journal writers try to better understand what has happened to them much later. 虽然日记作者试图在事情发生后不久就记录 他们的感受, 但是日记作者要在很久后才能 努力尝试更好地理解发生在他们身上的事。 while引导的是一个让步状语从句, how和 what引导的均为宾语从句。 while作连词用法小结:
1)=though/although 尽管, 虽然
While I admit that there are problems, I
don’t agree that they can’t be solved.
He listened to music while doing his homework.
3)在??期间, 当??时候 He fell off the bike while he was practicing riding. 4)(表对比)而, 却 He was against the plan while the majority was/were in favor of it.
例题: She has golden hair when she was
a child but ________ she got older D
and older, her hair went darker and
A. while B. when C. after D. as
be familiar to; change ones’ mind; give in; at an end; dig out; prepare…to; right away; give out; persuade ..to; a number of; no wonder; dream of
1. The student helped the teacher ________ give out
gives in 2. It is always the husband who _________
first when a quarrel breaks out between
the young people.
3. In my opinion, Kurt will think it over
and _______________. change his mind
4. I must warn you that my patience is at an end almost __________.
A number of 5. ____________ letters are never delivered because the addresses are incorrect. 6. The song he sang at the party ______________ all of us. was familiar to
7. I must remember to _______ that book dig out for you. preparing to 8. John was __________ himself _______ sit for the examination. 9. When I answered the telephone this morning, I
knew __________ the lady right away had the wrong number. 10. Have you ever ___________ there being dreamed of such a good chance for further study abroad?
二、用所给动词的适当形式完成下列句子。 1. I left him, ___________(determine) never determine to set foot in that house again. insisted 2. She _________(insist) that he must go out no more until he was cured. be persuaded 3. They have to _____________(persuade) to buy a stock, or indeed , sell it. rescuing 4. The firemen succeeded in _____________ (rescue) three women from the burning house. (to) transport 5. American airplanes helped _______________ (transport) the soldiers to the front.
Since getting to know him better, I’ve
changed my mind about him.
2. 这次广播是事先录音的, 不是现场直播。
The broadcast was recorded in advance,
He rescued the man from drowning.
The airplane crash was the worst air
disaster this year.
I must try to organize my life a bit better.
6. 今天晚上我要跟Peter会面, 他要带我去看戏。
I’m meeting Peter tonight. He is taking
me to the theater.