Section A 1a-2c
Can you think of some words about the places?
clothes store bridge
train station subway station airport
Let’s learn other words about the places
a post office
a bank a police station
a pay phone
a e i c b h g d
There is a bank in the picture. Is there a bank in the picture? Yes, there is. Where is it? It’s on Center Street.
Is there a school in the picture?
No, there isn’t.
Talk about the picture like this: A:Is there a bank near here? B:Yes,there is.It’s on Center Street.
A:Is there a school near here?
The pay phone is on Green Street.
The pay phone is next to the library.
The pay phone is between the post office and the library.
The pay phone is across from the library.
The pay phone is behind the library. The pay phone is in front of the library.
Where is the supermarket?
It’s between the hotel and the post office.
Where is the hotel? It’s across from the
Where is the park? It’s on Bridge Street.
Where is the post office? It’s next to the supermarket.
on next to in front of behind
A: Excuse me, is there a hospital near here? B: Yes, there is. A: Where is it? B: It’s next to the police station. A: Thank you very much. B: You’re welcome.
Section A 2d-3c
A: Excuse me, is there a hospital near here? B: Yes, there is. A: Where is it? B: It’s across from Hangzhouwan Middle School. A: Thanks a lot. B: You’re welcome.
Are there any restaurants near here? Yes, there are. There are two restaurants near here. One is on Xiaoan Road. The other is on Jingyuan Street.
Are there any supermarkets near here? Yes, there are. There are two restaurants near here. One is near the market. The other is near the kingdergarden.
It’s between the hospital and the post office. Yes, there’s one across from the police station. It’s on North Street next to the police station. It’s on New Street next to the bank. No, there isn’t. There’s one on New Street.
1. The bank is between the hospital and the post office on New Street. 2. The park is between Center Street and New Street. 3. There is a restaurant on North Street.
Read the conversation quickly and answer the following questions:
1.Where does Tony want to go? He wants to go to a bank. 2. Where is the bank? It’s on Center Street across from the park.
3.Is the bank near here?
Yes, it’s not far from here. 4.How does Tony go to the bank? On foot/He walks there.
1. How can I help you? 需要我帮忙吗？ 表示向他人伸出援手，主动提出帮助的意思，此句还可说成： How can I help you?或How may I help you? 类似的句子还有： May I help you? Do you need any help? Is there anything I can help (you) with? What can I do for you? 2. I’m new in town. 我新来此
地。 town 表示 所居住的地方或城市里的闹市区; 城里, 为不可数名词。 e.g. Is there a good place to eat here? I’m from out of town. 这儿有吃饭的好地方吗？我对这里不熟。
3. across from 介词词组, 意为“在??的对面”。如：
We live across from the street. 我们住在街道的对面。
1) The bus stop is on the other side of the river.
2) The fruit shop is opposite the post office.
4. between 介词, 表示“在??中间”, 常与and 连接, 构成短语。例如：
I sit between Lucy and Lily.
among 也表示“在??中间”, 但是between
是指在两者之间, 而 among 是指在三者或
My brother is among those boys. 我哥哥在那群男孩中间。
1. 图书馆在邮局的对面。 across from post office The library is ______ _____ the ____ ______. 2. 在公园附近有餐馆吗？ there near park Is _____ a restaurant _____ the _____? 3. 紧挨着银行有一家旅馆。 There is a hotel _____ __ the bank. __ next to
4. 投币电话在医院后面。 behind hospital The pay phone is ______ the _______. ___ 5. 在警察局前面有很多树。 There are many trees in front___ the police station. __ ____ of
Park Bridge Street
across from The supermarket is ______ ______ the bank. across from The zoo is ______ _______ the bank. between and The park is _______ the school ____ the zoo.
Fill in the blanks.
1. There’s a cinema next ____ the shop. to
On 2. ____ the left side of the room, there’s a desk.
3. --I’m sorry I can’t help you.
Thank you all the same --________________________. 4. Please come to the front and stand in front of ____________ the class.
Ⅲ. Complete the dialogue.
A: _______ ____, where is the nearest police Excuse me
station, please? sorry ask B: I’m _____, I don’t know. Please _____ that man. all the same A:Thank you ____ _____ _______. Excuse me, where is the police station, please? It’s to C: _____ over there, next _____ the post office. very much A: Thank you _______ _______.
C: Not ____ _____. at all
Section B 1a-2c
A: Excuse me, is there/Are there … near here? B: … A: Where is it? B: It’s … A: Thanks a lot. B: You’re welcome.
on the left
on the right
Don’t turn right.
No walking .
go up …
go down …
go / walk
go across the street
across : 表示从一定范围的一边到另一边,动作在物体表面进行
go through the forest/park
First, go straight.
Then, turn right.
Next, turn left. Last, go straight.
-Excuse me.Is there a hospital near here? around here in the neighborhood
Yes, there is. Just go straight and turn right. It’s down Center Street on the right.
-Excuse me.Is there a hotel in the neighborhood?
-Yes, there is. Just go straight down /along Bridge Street and turn left . The hotel is on the left. It’s across from the bank.
E PARK STREET B
1. You are at A. Go straight down the Park Street. It’s on the right. Now you are at _______. B 2. You are at A. Go straight and turn right. It’s down the City C Street on the right. Now you are at _____.
3. You are at A. Go straight and turn left and right. Now you F are at _______.
bank hotel Turn across from
A: Is there a supermarket near here? B: Yes, there is. Go along Bridge Street and turn left when you see the library. A: I see. I go along Bridge Street and turn left when I see the library.
Check the places near our school. Tell your partner how to get there.
How can we get to the bank? Go straight down Hangwan Street. The bank is across from the hotel. It’s on the left.
Read and draw the way from Anna’s home to the zoo in the picture.画出安娜家到动物 园的路线图。
Read and draw the way from John’s home to the park in the picture.画出约翰家到公园 的路线图。
Read and draw the way from Lisa’s home to the library in the picture.画出丽莎家到图 书馆的路线图。
1. Anna likes watching the monkeys climbing around. 2. Yes. Anna thinks that when the monkeys are fighting, they look like her friends fighting. 3. John likes to exercise at the park. 4. Yes. I agree with John.
5. Lisa walks to the library. She goes down North Road and then turns left. The library is across from the park.
1. 先看所给的图片提示, 看清道路与相关建筑 物的名称。 2. 其次, 通读全文, 了解短文中所描述的出发 地, 目的地, 以及行进的路线。 3. 然后, 细读每句话, 根据行进路线及空格前 后所用的介词来仔细推敲每个空格应填的 内容。 4. 最后, 再通读一遍短文, 看是否通顺。
post office library park
Draw a map of your neighborhood and write about it. These questions may help you.
1. Where do you live? 2. What is your favorite place in your neighborhood? Why? 3. How do you get there from your home?
1. 这是一篇要求描写自己周围的一些地点。并说 明自己最喜欢的一处地点，并说明原因，及如 何去此处。 2. 首先，可根据实际情况写出自己家庭住址及周 围其他一些地点。 3. 然后，描述一下自己最喜欢去的一个地方，并 以 because 句来表达自己喜欢它的原因。 4. 接下来，描述一下如何到达此处，可以 go along, turn right/left, it’s on the right/left 等句 式来写。 5. 最后，再通读一遍自己的文章，看有没有错误。