风俗、习惯 鞠躬，弯腰 亲吻 放松的，宽松的 国家，国土 对于，关于 问候，打招呼 擦，抹 餐巾 刺，插 粗鲁的（反义词） 用…指，指向 礼貌，礼仪（pl）
custom bow kiss relaxed land towards greet wipe napkin stick rude polite point manner manners
叉，餐叉 fork 吃饱的（反义词） full hungry 大腿 lap 肘，肘部 elbow 逐渐的，渐渐的 gradually 特殊的，独特的（adv） particular particularly 称赞，恭维 compliment 敬酒，祝酒 toast 不熟悉的（反义词） unfamiliar familiar 匙 spoon 刀（pl） knife knives 挤满（adj、反义词） crowd crowded uncrowded 垃圾，废物 rubbish
寻找，探究 联机的，在线的 多半，主要地 构成，组成 象征，符号 记号，符号 在…旁边 谜语 实验、试验 合适的，适宜的 高兴的，满意的 排队 通常，正常的 谁的
seek online mostly form symbol mark beside riddle experiment proper pleased queue normally whose
be supposed to do sth 应该做某事 shake hands (with) （和…）握手 bow to sb 向……鞠躬 kiss sb 和某人亲吻 过去应该作某事(但实际未做) should have done sth for the first time 第一次 be important to sb 对某人重要 drop by 顺便拜访 make plans to do sth 制定计划做某事 as… as sb can= as… as possible 尽可能… ask / invite sb to do sth 邀请某人做某事 without doing sth 没有做某事 The first thing is to greet the teacher. 第一件事是问候老师. 餐桌礼仪/有礼貌/不礼貌 table / good / bad manners at the table / at table 在桌旁 / 在进餐 pick up 拣起,拾起
point at/ to 指向 on my exchange program 在我的交换生活中 It’s even better than I thought it would 它甚至比我想象的还要好. be. 没有理由做某事. There is no reason to do sth 特地做某事 go out of one’s way to do sth 使某人感到不拘束 make sb feel at home 与……不同 be different from 新学年愉快 have a good school year 敬酒 make a toast 表现不同 behave differently 不是……而是…… not… but… 从…开始 begin with 在西餐馆 in a western restaurant 一切对我都很陌生. Everything is unfamiliar to me. 我满脑子都是疑问. Questions crowded my mind.
e-mail English 邮件英语 spoken / written English 英语口语/ 书面英语 get bored 感到烦恼 a type / kind of 一种…… learn … by oneself/ teach oneself … 自学…… at the proper time 在适当的时候 send a message to sb 给……发信息 on the mobile phone 通过手机 be pleased with 对……满意
1.be supposed to do 1.应该做 2.shake hands 2.握手 3.for the first time 3.第一次 4.get to reach arrive at/in 4.到达(3种） 5.make mistakes 5.犯错误 6.It’s important for sb. to do 6.对某人来说,做某 sth. 事很重要 7.as …as one can /as… as 7.尽可能 possible 8. 准时 ，及时 8. on time in time 9.first of all /at first 9.首先 10.plan to do 10.计划做
11.指着，指向 12. 特地做… 13. 发现/认为做某 事… 14. 把… 插入 15 介意某人做… 16 书面英语， 英语 口语 17.使某人感觉宾至 如归 18.做鬼脸
point at point to go out of one’s way to do find/think it ＋adj.＋to do sth. stick … into… mind one’s doing sth. written English spoken English make sb feel at home make faces
You are supposed to write quickly.
When were you supposed to arrive?
You are supposed to pick up your bowl to eat.
It is rude to make noise while eating noodles.
5我最大的挑战是学习如何在餐桌表 现。 biggest challenge is learning how to behave at My
I used to go to sleep with the light on.
He is used to getting up early.
You can imagine how different the table manners here are from ours.
根据句意、首字母及汉语提示补全单词。 ? What are you s____________ to do when upposed you meet someone? ? We eat with c_____________. hopsticks ? People in Brazil should k_____________ iss when they meet for the first time. ? Japanese and Korean b___________ when ow they meet people. ? It’s rude _____________ to make noise while eating noodles.
请你用所给词的适当形式完成下列句子。 1. You aresupposed ______ (suppose) to shake hands when you meet a Chinese friend. closed 2. Keep your eyes ______ (close) when you are doing eye exercises. used cutting 3. A knife is _____ (use) for _______ (cut) things. running 4. Trees can keep water from _______ (run) away. 5. Do you still remember ______ (see) me seeing somewhere in Beijing?
根据汉语提示补全单词。 Spending 1. __________ (花费) time with family and friends is very important to them. minutes 2. Fifteen ___________ (分钟) is a short time . 3. What kinds of ________________ (规定) do rules they have in Colombia? 4. Look ! They are shaking ___________ (手). hands 5. He told me not to throw _________ (垃圾) rubbish anywhere.
1. 初次见日本朋友时你应该说什么？ Whatare you supposed to when you meet your Japanese __________________ do friend? 2. 我认识马林，但不了解他。 know know much about I ___________ Ma Lin but I do not ______________. him 3. 我怎样才能用正确的方法与美国朋友打招呼? greet in correct way How can I _______ my American friend ______________? 4. 老师常常告诉我们要尽量帮助有困难的学生。 in trouble The teacher often tells us to help the students __________. 5. 吃饭时不要用筷子指着别人。 point at Don’t _____________ others with chopsticks while eating.
We are___ ________ ___go int
o the __ not supposed to teacher’s room without knocking the door. ________ ______at
They usually _____ ____ __ visit friends make plans to drop by not ______ ___them.
___ they ________ to ___relaxed about Are supposed be _______ _____ time?
英汉互译： 1.你不应该那样做． You are not supposed to do that. ______________________________________ 2. 他理应五点到． He is supposed to arrive at five o’clock. ______________________________________ 3. 我们应该每天早上读英语． We are supposed to read English every morning. ______________________________________ 4. 中国人初次见面经常握手． Chinese often shake hands when they ______________________________________
meet for the first time.
1. be supposed to do = should 应该,理应
常表示主语被要求做某事 should 语气比 be supposed to 更委婉些 be not supposed to = shouldn’t 不应该,不许 表示委婉的禁止
Everyone is supposed to know the law. Are we supposed to finish the work today? You aren’t supposed to come to school late. What are we supposed to do when asking for the way? --When were you supposed to arrive? --I was supposed to arrive at 7:00.
2. greet = welcome or say ―hello‖
He greeted her by saying “good morning”.
She greeted me with a friendly smile.
Maria greeted Paul’s mother the wrong way.
the wrong way=in the wrong way以错误的方式 in…way 用…的方式 in this / that way way 前有this、 that、the时，in可省 He finished the task the best way.
3. for the first time 第一次 It was a cold winter, and the Frenchman went to London for the first time. 4. shake – shook - shaken
The tree was shaking in the wind. 在风中摇动 shake hands with … You should shake hands with people when you meet them for the first time in China.
5. custom 和 habit 的区别 custom — 社会或团体的风俗、习惯 habit — 个人的习惯、习性 Social customs are different in different places. My eating habits are pretty good. 6. put on 穿上，戴上 + 衣服、鞋帽、饰品等 wear 穿着，戴着 dress 给…穿衣服 + sb. / oneself be/ get dressed (in…) 穿衣服 dress up (in / as…) 穿上盛装 He often wears a red T-shirt. He put on his coat and hat and went out. Mary is too young to dress herself. She’s dressed in a yellow blouse.
7. I guess you should have asked… I don’t guess he will come. (否定转移) should have done “本应该…” ——(本应完成但并未完成的动作) I should have posted the letter this morning, but I forgot. shouldn’t have done “本不应该” —— (不应该做但已做了的动作) I shouldn’t have told him the bad news.
下 guess: 想,认为
8. Where I’m from, we are pretty relaxed about time.
在我们家乡,我们对时间很随意。 Where I’m from 是一个点状语从句 除了where, wherever也可引导地点状语从句
Just stay where you are.
Wherever you go, you can find you.
无论你走到哪里,你都能见到… be relaxed about 对…很随意; 放松的
He’s relaxed about his breakfast. I often get relaxed by listening to music.
9. We are the land of watches, after all!
毕竟我们是手表王国。 (1) land n. “国家” “国土”
After living in foreign lands for many years, the man went back home.
在外国居住了多年之后,… land 还有“陆地” “土壤” “土地”等意思。
We traveled by land until we reached the sea. 在陆路旅行 (2) after all 毕竟,终究 After all, the gift is very important to me. You decided to come after all.
10. It’s okay if you arrive a bit late. a bit “稍微;有点儿” (1) + adj./ adv.原级或比较级 = a little I’m a bit tired now. I’m a bit taller than last year. I write a bit more carefully than before. She’s a bit / a little older than I. Tom runs a bit / a little faster than Bill. (2) a bit of + 不可数名词 = a little +不可数名词 Tom has a bit of / a little money. (3) not a bit = not…at all not a little = very much I’m not a bit hungry. 我一点也不饿. I’m not a little hungry. 我饿极了.
11. make plans to do n. = plan to do v. 计划做某事 We’re making plans to visit some cities. They plan to have a party next weekend. 12. without prep. “无，没有” + sth / doing two days without food 两天没吃东西 He left without saying a word. Without the help of my teacher, I won’t pass the exam. With the teacher’s help, he’s passed the exam.
13. We just walk around the town center, seeing as many of our friends as we can! —现在分词短语，在句中做状语，表示伴随情况 He ran up to her, breathing heavily. 气吹吁吁 The old man has fallen asleep, holding a book in his hand. as…as one can = as… as possible 尽可能… as many as… / as much as… He ate as much as he could. Every year they plant as many trees as they can. I got up as quickly as I could. Please write to me as soon as you can. practice speaking English as often as possible
14. “花” 钱 / 时间 Sb. spend time doing Sb. spend money on sth/ pay money for sth. It / Sth take sb. time It / Sth cost sb. money
15. It’s very important to be on time.
on time: 准时,按时 Didn’t I tell you to be here on time? The train arrived on time. in time: 及时,提早 He was in time for the train. be in time for… 及时赶上
16. drop by “顺便拜访” = come over to Welcome to drop by my house. We often drop by our friends’ homes. My father dropped by his best friend yesterday.
17. The first thing is to greet the teacher.
To see is to believe. Her wish is to become a pop singer. My duty is to help you learn English well.
18. In china, you’re supposed to pick up your bowl of rice.
在中国, 你应该端起你的饭碗。 pick up “捡起; 拾起; 拿起; 用车接某人”。
A girl picked up a wallet on her way home. Please pick me up at the school gate. 19. at table 在吃饭 at the table 在桌子旁（不一定在吃饭） It’s not polite to laugh at table. The little boy is dong his homework at the table. at breakfast / lunch / supper 在吃….时
19. … wipe your mouth with your napkin every time you take a drink.
每次喝完饮料后你应该用餐巾纸擦擦嘴。 wipe v. “擦,擦去” 常与away, off, up 连用, 表示“擦干净’’ Wipe the dirt off your shoes. 抹去鞋上的污泥.
Could you wipe the table, please? wipe one’s eyes /wipe away one’s tears every Every time he comes to see me, he brings me a lot of books. Every time I listen to you, I get into trouble.
擦干眼泪 time: 每当 = when
20. …to stick your chopsticks into your food.
把筷子插入你的食物中。 (1) stick v. “刺, 插入”
stick – stuck -- stuck Stick a fork into the meat to see if it’s ready.
stick the fork into the potato.
(2) chopstick “筷子”—合成词， 通常是复数形式
We Chinese always use chopsticks to eat, but the English don’t use them.
21. It’s rude to point at anyone with your chopsticks. 用你的筷子指着别人是很不礼貌的。 be rude to sb: “对…无礼”。 It’s rude to do sth. 做…是没礼貌的。 It’s rude to interrupt people when they are speaking. It is rude of you to shout at her. It’s polite of you to say so. point at “指着” “对准” （近处） point to “指向…” （远处） “I’ll have that one.” She said, pointing at a big cake. …指着一块大蛋糕 He pointed to the mountains far away.
22. table manners 餐桌礼仪 manner
(1) “礼貌” 常以复数形式出现。
It’s bad manners to do… …是不礼貌的 It’s bad manners to talk with a full mouth.
嘴里吃着东西说话是不礼貌的。 He has no manners at all. 他毫无礼貌。 (2) “风俗;习惯” 也常以复数形式出现。
the manners of the ancient Egyptians
古埃及的风俗习惯 (3) “方法;方式” 态度;举止”
I don’t like his manner.
23. … how to behave at the dinner table.
我最大的挑战是学会餐桌上的礼仪。 behave v. “行为; 举止”
The boy behaved very well last night. 表现好 behave politely 举止文明 behave differently 举止不同 behave “守规矩;举止适当、有礼” Please behave yourself. 请礼貌点儿。
你们这些孩子们能不能守规矩点。 behavior n. “行为”。
good / bad behavior
24. be used to sth. / doing “习惯于……” get used to sth. / doing I’m gett
ing used to the cold weather. She gets used to driving a small car. He will get used to getting up early.
used to do “过去常常” He used to be a teacher, but he’s retired. We used to read Englis in the morning.
25. on the exchange program “在交流期间”
27. It’s even better than I thought it would be. 事情比我想象的要好得多。 even + adj./ adv.的比较级 “更加…，…得多” A is taller than B, and C is even taller. I thought it would be. （过去将来时） He said he would visit the park.
28. How quickly my French has improved! 感叹句： How + adj. / adv. +主语 + 动词！ How carefully he is listening! How quickly he walks! How clever the boy is! How nice the food tastes! What + (a / an) +adj. + 名词+(主谓)! What a clever boy (he is)! What nice food (it is)! What beautiful flowers (they are)! What terrible weather (it is)!
29. keep your hands on the table
一直把手放在桌上 keep sth / sb + 介词短语 / 形容词 /doing “一直使…处于…的状态” keep the motherland in mind 胸怀祖国
keep the dog outside the door keep the food fresh keep sb doing sth 30. go out of one’s way to do… 不怕麻烦地… He often goes out of his way to help me.
31. fork knife -- knives a knife and fork 一副刀叉
32. be comfortable doing 很轻松地做某事 33. except, besides, but — 除了…之外 except “除了…之外, (不包括）” except for “除了…之外”
I answered all the questions except the last one. The article is perfect except for some spelling mistakes. I have some other friends besides you. She did nothing but clean the dishes. Nobody but Tom is in the classroom.
(表示整体肯定，但局部美中不足，需要修改） besides “除了…之外, (包括）” but “除了…之外, (不包括）” 常与 nobody, nothing 等连用
34. find / think it … to do sth I find it useful to learn English. He thinks it possible to finish the work today. find it difficult/ dangerous/ strange to do… find … + adj. I don’t find them so strange any more. 35. give compliments 给予称赞,称赞别人 give a compliment to sb. pay a compliment to sb on sth
She paid me a compliment on my paintings.
36. You can imagine how different the table manners here are from ours.
你能想像到这里的餐桌礼仪与我们的有多么的不同. imagine vt. + n. / pron. / doing /从句
imagine to do × imagine 的宾语从句是否定时,通常要否定转移. We can’t imagine the world without love . The boy likes to imagine himself a flyer. He imagines becoming famous as an actor. Just imagine how happy he was! I don’t imagine she will come.
37. unfamiliar 不熟悉的， 生疏的 familiar -- unfamiliar be unfamiliar with: 对…不熟悉/ 没经验 I’m unfamiliar with the subject. be unfamiliar to: 对…生疏的 The face is not unfamiliar to me. 并不陌生 38. What I finally decided to do was …
决定做的事 是 … what 引导的主语从句：“所…的东西”
What he wants is a book. What you said is not true.
39. crowd vt. fill with 挤满，充满 Furniture crowds a room 把房间塞满家具 Questions crowded my mind. 许多问题充满了我的脑子 / 我满脑子是问题。 Tourists crowded the beach. 游客挤满了沙滩。 vi. 聚集 Don’t crowd round the player. …围着… crowd n. 人群 a crowd of people crowded adj. 挤满的， 拥挤的 be crowded with sth = be full of sth （被某物）占满的/ 挤满的 The bus is crowded with people. My mind was crowded with questions.
40. And I had not just one set to use, but two or three of each.
并且供我使用的刀叉不止一套，而且每套有两三 个呢. set n. 一套，一副
a set of combs a set of tea a set of dinner（餐具） a set of furniture not …but ... 不是…而是… He’s not English but American. They need not money but time. Not the child but the parents are hoping to go there. 不是孩子而是父母希望去那里。
Not she but her friends have been there.
41. Was I supposed to begin with the largest ones or the smallest ones?
我是应该先用最大的一套呢，还是最小的一套呢？ begin with 以…开始， 先从…做起 end with 以…结束
The first word of a sentence should begin with a capital letter. ones: 代词，代替前面出现过的餐具 Mary needs a new dictionary. She’s going to buy one. The red apples are much nicer than the green ones.
42. Was I supposed to start at the outside and work in or the inside and work out?
The railway starts at / from the small village. outside 与 inside 是反义词 n. 可数名词 还可作: adj. / prep./ adv. outside opinion 外界的意见 outside repairs 外部修理 the inside track 跑道的里圈 in / out: adv. 在内/ 外， 向内/ 外 Come in, please. My brother is out in Australia.
我应该是从外面到里面还是从里面到外面呢？ start at 起始，始于 = start from
43. can’t stop doing 禁不住做… He can’t stop talking in class. At last Mary couldn’t stop telling me the secret. 44. learn … by oneself 自学… She learned English by herself. Nobody taught us. We learned swimming by ourselves. 45. experiment vi. 进行实验/试验 experiment with… 实验/试验… You can experiment with your own ideas. 尝试/试验你自己的想法 experiment n. 实验,试验 do /carry out an experiment in physics
46. please vt. 使高兴,使满意 = make sb happy It’s difficult to please him. pleased: adj.高兴的， 满意的 be pleased with 对…感到高兴/ 满意的 be pleased to do sth 做某事很高兴 be pleased at 听(看)到…很高兴 The teacher is pleased with him/his answer. We were too pleased to hear the news. We were too pleased at the news. 47. e-mail vt. 给…发电子邮件 = send an e-mail to sb / send sth by e-mail He often e-mails his
friends. They e-mailed a book order to the press.
48. E-mail English is a new kind of written English that is being used to save time.
电子邮件英语是一种用来节省时间的新书面英语. is being used 现在进行时被动语态
This question is being discussed at the meeting. The children are being taken care of by their aunt. 49. remember + to do / doing / 从句 I remember taking the medicine at the right time. Remember to take the medicine at the right time. She still remembers what she said. Please remember that you have to listen carefully in class.
50. This is because they come from a computer program called ICQ, which means I seek you.
这是因为它们来源于一个叫ICQ的电脑程序,ICQ 的意思是“我寻找你”． because引导表语从句，表示具体的原因． 非限制性定语从句起补充说明作用，省去后不影 响主句的意思，常用逗号与主句分开，翻译时常译 成并列分句．
This is because we put off the meeting. which means …. 引导非限制性定语从句
He has a daughter, who works in a hospital.
He has a daughter who works in a hospital.
51. You are also supposed to use them to show the emotion you are feeling.
而且你应该运用它们来表达你感受的情感． emotion “情感，情绪” 可数或不可数名词
The speaker appealed to our emotions. feel “有知觉，有某种感觉；觉得，感到” are feeling 现在进行时 feel happy / cold How are you feeling today?
Can you feel the tension in this room?
After the accident, she couldn’t feel anything in her left leg. …她的左腿失去了知觉．