( 学习目标 )
1. Topic: Talk about accidents and problems and give advice or solutions 2. Grammar: The subjunctive mood. ( 虚拟语气) 3. Target language: ---What would you do if you meet an “internet friend”? ---I would tell my parents.
1. What problems do you have at school? 2. Do you know some accidents? 3. What would you do if some accidents happened to you?
If I were you, I’d have a first-aid book on a nearby shelf in my home.
My grandfather fell downstairs and wasn’t moving. If I were you, I would get the medical help first and then call the hospital.
I injured my knee while running. If I were you, I would stop exercising and see a doctor.
A friend offers me cigarettes at a party.
If I were you, I would _____ and talk refuse to my friend about ____ dangers of the ________ smoking.
An “internet friend” asks me to meet. tell If I were you, I would ____ my parents wouldn’t about it. I _________ go alone.
1. Who is Martin Robinson? He is a famous doctor. He has lots of experience dealing with teenagers. 2. What’s the name of his new book? What Would You Do If… 3. What is the book about? It gives advice on what to do in lots of different situations.
1. If you cut yourself by accident, you should see a doctor right away. F 2. If my grandma fell downstairs, I would take her to hospital first. F 3. Cold running water is helpful to treat a small burn. T 4. You should refuse if your friend offers you cigarettes. T F 5. You could meet an “internet friend” alone. 6. If you get pimples, you should take some F
Martin Robinson is a famous doctor. His advice is good and helpful. Now, let’s role play the conversations in the article. One student acts as the doctor. And the other student acts as a patient and asks him for advice.
P: Hello, Mr Robinson. I had some accidents and problems. Could you give me some advice? D: Sure. P: I injured my knee while running. D: If I were you, I would stop exercising and see a doctor. P: An “internet friend” asked me to meet. D: If I were you, I would tell my parents about it. I wouldn’t go alone. P: A friend offered me cigarettes at a party. D: If I were you, I would refuse and talk to my friend about the dangers of smoking.
P: Hello, Mr Robinson. I had some accidents and problems. Could you give me some advice? D: Sure. P: ... D: If I were you, I would … P: … D: If I were you, I would …
P: … D: If I were you, I would…
Maybe you have ever had an accident or a problem. What happened? How did you deal with it? Did you ask for advice?
Now, write down your experience.
1.I argued with my parents.
2.I failed in a big exam. I was sad.
3.My parents didn’t allow me to play computer games. 4.I lost my friend’s favorite book. 5.I had too much homework and got stressed out. 7.I was fatter than the other students in my class. 8.I got nervous before big exams.
6.I wanted to wear my own clothes, but I
1.Target language: If I were you, I would…
2. Learn to give advice Know about some accidents and prombles and learn to give advice.
3. Learn to write about your problems or accidents
Go on writing or correcting your composition above.