Have a try! 用所给词的正确形式填空。
1. The girl used (be) shy. But she (change) a lot in the past few years and she is pretty outgoing.
2. His father has been for nearly one month. He has to continue his school by doing a part-time job after his father’s (die).
3. Children are the of the parents. Parents are always of them.(pride) 4. Finally, he made a (decide) not (waste) time surfing on internet. 5. Nothing can him. He isn’t of touching snakes.(terrify)
归纳：be interested in:
1. Uncle Huang is a very ____________ person. He always tells ___________ stories. (interest)
2. Why are you so ____________ in learning the piano?(interest)
3. His father took a great interest in learning English.
= His father _________ very ________ ________ learning English.
归纳：be worried about
1. His father is ill; he __________ (担心) about his father.
2. She looks a little __________(焦虑)。
看点三. spend: 人做主语 cost: 物做主语 take: It 做主语 pay: 人做主语，pay for; 归纳：
1. I 50 yuan to buy that T-shirt.
2. He yuan for that T-shirt.
3. It me 50 yuan to buy that T-shirt.
4. That T-shirt me 50 yuan.
2. ---I didn’ t know you take a bus to school.
---Oh, I _________ take a bus, but it is snowing today.
A. hardly B. never C. sometimes D. usually
There is hardly a cloud in the sky, __________ ___________? (反意疑问句)
看点五. in the end: 最终=at last、finally at the end of: 在??的尽头； by the end of: 到??为止；
2. we found the house. 最后，我们找到了这座房屋。
3. the last term, we had learned 2,000 English words. 到上学期末，我们已经学习了2,000 个单词。
看点六. give up: 放弃； give in: 投降、认输； give off: 释放、发散（光、热）；
1. She has to some of her hobbies because she has no time to spend on them.
A. give up B. give in C. give off
2. Don’t A. give off B. give up C. give in
3. The sun heat and light.
A. give off B. give up C. give in
看点七. few little 否定
a few a little 肯定
1. 我无语：I have words.
2. 我有话说：I have words.
3. 我有些钱：I have money.
4. 我几乎没钱：I have money.
归纳：it seems that……
it seems that it will rain.
sb seem to do sth…
Mr Green doesn’ t seem to like the idea.
1. The maths problems seems __________ to work out.
A. be difficult B. is difficult C. to difficult D. to be difficult
2. It seems that he doesn’ t have many friends.
He __________ seem ________________________________.
be patient with sb
be patient of sth: 忍耐某事
send sb sth= send sth to sb
send sb to….
send for sb: 派人去叫、请某人
The boss ____________________________________.
3. Have you sent ___________ a doctor?
A. away B. up C. off D. for
4. I decided to send him __________ this problem.
A. to deal B. to deal with C. deal D. deal with
try to do sth
try doing sth
1. Why ___________ it in some other ways?
A. not try to do B. don’ t try doing\
C. not try doing D. don’ t try to do
2. The doctors have tried __________ the sick boy.
A. his best to save B. their best saving
C. his best saving D. their best to save
3. How nice the jacket is! Can I __________ it __________?
A. try ; out B. try; in C. try; on D. try; again
die:__________; death:___________; dead:___________; dying:_____________;
1. His father died 3 years ago.
His father has ___________ ____________ ____________ for 3 years.
2. The ___________ old man told his sons all about his money they wanted.
A. died B. death C. dead D. dying
【动动脑筋】What can’t be used unless broken? 什么东西不碎就不能用?
★used to do sth:
didn’t use to do sth
★be used to doing sth: 习惯做……
★be used to do/ be used for doing 是一个典型的被动语态的表达, ……被用来做……
1. His sister used to be really quiet.(改为一般疑问句，并否定回答)
---___________ his sister __________ __________ ___________ really quiet? ---__________________________.
2. I used to stay at home on Sunday evening.(改为否定句)
I ________ _________ ___________ stay at home on Sunday evening.
1. My father ________read a lot of novels when he was young.
A. was used to B. used to C. was used
2. I used ________in the soccer team, but I am in the basketball team.
A. be B. to be C. being
3. He used to be short,__________?
A. does he B. did he C. didn’t he
4. There _________be an old tree near the house.
A. use to B. was used of C. used to
5. The wood can _________paper.
A. used to making B. be used to make C. be used doing
6. ——How was your life in Canada?
——I have been used to __________there.
A. live B. lived C. living
7. I ______frustrated when I wasn’t sure of the correct answer.
A. used to B. used to be C. am used to be
8. When I was a child, I used to ________chocolate.
A. like B. likes C. liking
9. _______work in Microsoft?
A. Did you used to B. Do you used to C. Used you to
10. I _________three hours getting to Chengdu from my hometown.
A. use B. spent C. take
1. —— When your mother that skirt?
——Sorry, I really can’t remember.
A. did; buy B. has; bought C. had; bought 5
2. Kevin to work in his hometown after he graduated from university.
A. goes B. went C. will go
3. As she the newspaper, Grandma asleep.
A. read; was falling B. was reading; fell C. read; fell
4. It was great! I many old friend at the party.
A. meet B. met C. am meeting
5. ——Nancy is not coming to the party tonight.
——But she me she’ d love to.
B. told C. is telling
I’ d like to begin with my English learning. Why：
Do you give small money to your children? Do you teach them to use the small money? I agree with you about teaching and talking to your children about small money. This can help them make good use of it and good habits. Children of all ages need to know the of saving money. I think parents should give children small money and let them buy something by save money, what to spend money on, and how to 1.A. how B. what C. who
B. borrow C. develop 6
B. illness B. itself B. properly C. instruction C. themselves C. slowly
A. You have really changed much during the five years.
B. So I .
A. Did you to be afraid of the dark?
B. Yes, I did.
A. Are you afraid of the dark now?
B. No, I’ m not. I can walk on the street at night.
A. Really? I am terrified of walking by myself. If I walk on the street at night. I always feel somebody me. How can you deal that?
B. I sing my favorite songs slightly while I walk.
A. That sounds good.
B. And I know you used to sleep your bedroom light A. Never. I’ ll turn off the light. I am used to in the dark at night. I can sleep better like this.
100 years ago, Einstein was working in Switzerland. His hobby was physics. Three of these papers greatly changed the study of physics and our understanding of space, time, light and matte(物质). His most famous work is on the Theory of Relativity (相对论). has been called Einstein’s “Year of Wonders(奇迹)”. It has been 100 years since then. 7
Fifty years after Einstein’ s death, a question is asked, “Will there be another Einstein?” It may take a long time. Besides, physics is a different field (领域) now, and education is different, too. Even if you can’t be the next great scientist, it is still helpful to remember some of the things that made Einstein great. He thought independently (独立地) and read widely. He left us with a formula (公式) for life——If A is a success in life,then A=X+Y+Z. X is work; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut.
John used to be such a good runner that he won nine awards before the age of 18. Then one day while he ran along the roadside, a car accident suddenly happened to him. Unfortunately both of his legs were injured seriously
by the car out of control (失控). Since then, he couldn’t be able to walk any more.
After a long time, however, he knew life couldn’t stop him. He focused on (关注) what he could do instead of what he had lost. He realized that there were many possiblities for the disabled. One of the things be became interested in foreign languages.
Every day he listened to tapes and read books. After several years he became fluent in three languages. Then he tried his best to work as a translator in a company. To everybody’s surprise, he became the best one in the city.
Though John wishes he could walk, he is always looking forward to living a wonderful life in the future. Sometimes he missed being able to walk or run. But now at least he can live on his own and make himself enjoy what he likes. He thinks there’s much being thankful for.
1. How many awards did John wim before he was 18?
A. Nine B. Ten C. Eight
2. What did John do after he had the car accident?
A. He complained about what had happened to him.
B. He paid attention to what he could do.
C. He did nothing all day.
3. One thing John was interested in was after he met the accident.
A. foreign people B. foreign countries C. foreign languages
4. After his hard work, John became translator in the city.
A. the last B. the best C. the worst
5. Now, John feels very because he can live on himself and enjoy his likes.
A. sad B. worried C. happy