allow doing sth
allow sb to do sth
be allowed to do sth
考点1. The policemen do not allow __________here.
A. to smoke B. smoking C. smoke
考点2. Teenagers should not be allowed __________.
A. drive B. to drive C. driving
考点3. Students shouldn’t be allowed to ___________.
A. get to class late B. study harder C. leaving early
1. Lucy speaks English ___________. She can talk to the guests from the USA.
A. enough good B. enough well C. good enough D. well enough
I don’t have _______________________________________ for them.
stop to do sth:
stop doing sth:
stop … from doing sth:
1. He felt very tired, and he stopped ________.
A. working B. to work C. works D. work
2. It’ s time for breakfast; stop __________ breakfast.
A. having B. have C. to have D. has
You should __________ these children __________ ___________ in the river.
“so do we与so we do.形相似，意相异”
考点1. I am a teacher. _____________________________________. (他也是。)
考点2. Meimei likes English. _____________________________________ .(我也喜欢。)
考点3. Tom can do it. ____________________________________ .（李垒也能。）
考点4. Jim didn’t go there. ____________________________________ .（我也没去。）
考点5. We won’t go swimming this afternoon. _______________________________.(老师们也不去。) 进一步肯定:
考点1.My sister studies very hard. ___________________________________. (她确实学习努力。) 考点2.The students are reading under a tree. __________________________.（他们就是在树下看书。） 考点3.The boy has finished drawing the picture. ________________________.（他是画完了画。）
be good at
be good for
be good to
1. The twins are good at ____________. They are both in the ___________ club.
A. run; run B. runs; running C. ran; ran D. running; running
2. __________ Sundays, Liu Lu usually goes to visit her grandparents. They are good ________ her.
A. On; for B: In; at C. On; to D. In; to
3. The teacher said that Jenny was good at math. (同义句转换)
The teacher said that Jenny ___________ __________ in math.
1. It is an unpleasant ____________ (经历) for me.
2. He has lots of ______________(经验) in teaching English.
3. He has _____________ (经历
) a lot of things in his life.
I _________ my car ____________.
I usually _________ my hair _________ once a month.
3. He got me __________ him.
1. 语态是动词的一种形式, 用于表示主语和谓语之间的关系.英语动词有主动和被动两种语态.
+ be 被动语态：
a letter (他写信， 主动)
is him. （信被他写）
一封信 单数is +过去分词 被 他
例2） in the park. done done (一般现在时被动形式)
许多树 复数 were + 过去分词 被 他们
1. We should cut his hair.
2. The work can be finished by Leo in three days.
3. Mother allows me to go shopping with my friends.
( )1. I ______ ten minutes to decide whether I should accept the invitation.
A. gave B. was given C. to give
( )2. In some parts of the world, tea ________with sugar and milk.
A. is serving B. is served C. served
( )3. The work _______soon.
A. will be finished B. will finish C. has been finished
( )4. The Great Wall ________ all over the world.
A. was known B. is known C. is knew
( )5.That big room _______ for meeting.
A. shall use B. can be used C. uses
( )6. In warm weather fruit and meat __________long.
A. don’t keep B. can not be kept C. are not kept
( )7.The bike ________ to me. It’s hers.
A. isn’t belong B. was belonged C. doesn’t belong
1.如果下雨,运动会将被推迟. 2.他妈妈不允许他去打电脑游戏. 3.星期天公交车上总是挤满了人. people on Sundays.
he was asked to call at the station. Dan wondered why he was wanted by the police, but he went to the station yesterday and now he is not worried anymore.
At the station, he was told by a smiling policeman that his bicycle had been found. Five days ago, the policeman told him, the bicycle was picked up in a small village four hundred miles away. It is now being sent to his home by train. Dan was most surprised when he heard the news. He was amused too, because he never expected the bicycle to be found. It was stolen twenty years ago when Dan was a boy of fifteen!
1. Dan was worried because A. He received a letter
B. He didn’t know why the police wanted him
C. he went to the station yesterday
2. Dan .
A. had probably forgotten all about his bicycle
B. probably expected to find his bicycle again
C.was probably sorry to learn that his bicycle had been found
3. Someone it twenty years ago.
A. stolen B. has stolen C. was stolen
1. Was Dan Robinson worried or not?
2. Whom had he received a letter from.?
3. Where did he go yesterday?
4. Is he worried anymore or not?
5. What have the police found?
6. Was Dan surprised or not? Was he amused or not?(not only??but??as well)
7. When was his bicycle stolen?
8. How old was he then?
2. Meimei is one of the top students in our class. We should _____________________ (向。。。学习) her.
3. ________________ (目前)，children under 14 are not allowed to go to bars.
4. I must _____________ (专注于) my new job as a computer programmer.
5. They ______________________________________ (将有机会) serve for 2016 Olympic Games.
6. The classroom ________________________________ (很吵闹)，so I can’ t study.
7. They are ________________________________________________________(考虑开会)
8. We will _____________________________________________________ (休三天假)
9. We all stopped laughing when we realized Ben _______________________________ (对。。。认真) it.
10. The girl never ________________________(关心) others.
11. There are ___________________ (至少) 2000 students at this school.
12. You must ______________________ (回答) my questions.
1. TV too much is bad for your eyes.
2. We should be
3. I can’t decide which pair of jeans .
4. You shouldn’ t get your ears 5. Students should be allowed their own uniforms.
1. Watching; 2. allowed 3. to choose; 4. pierced; 5. to design;
to work in the country because he wants to be a doctor when he grows up.
of our team.
3. I’to take part in the competition.
villages and streets.
my dream and succeeded.
Climbing the highest mountain in the world is not an easy job. One has to fight weather, illness and fear. But the American 13-year-old boy Jordan Romero is not . He will climb Asia and the highest mountain, Mont Qomolangma. He on April 11. His parents and 2 guides will climb with him. He to take two months for his climb. “I’ m ready. But if I don’ t I’ ll try next time.” He said. Jordan will also do his Math homework and some book reports two months. He will write diaries(日记) about this climb. “My father told me that I can do this only if I can keep up my schoolwork.” he said.
Jordan hia already climbed the mountains of six continents(大洲). he was 10, he climbed the highest mountain in Africa. If he succeeds this time, he the youngest person to the top of the world’ s highest mountain.
1.A. good B. bad C. quiet
4.A. set out
7 B. brave B. world B. put off B. plans B. success B. about B. highest B. If B. becomes C. afraid C. world’ s C. clean up C. hope C. succeed C. on C. tallest C. For C. will become
In the united States, headmasters and teachers discipline (惩罚) students in several ways. The teacher often writes to or calls the students’ parents. Soemtimes students have to stay at school for one hour. If a student behaves (行为) very badly, the headmaster can stop the student having classes. The student can’ t come to school for one, two or three days. Mr Lazares, the headmaster of a middle school in Ohio, did not like to do so. When he did’ t let the students come to school, they were happy. “A three-day holiday!”they thought.
One day, a boy was in Mr Lazares’ s office. The boy was not behaving well in class. Mr Lazares telephoned the boy’ s parents. “If you come to school with your son, I won’ t stop him having classes.” He said. The boy’ s father came to school and went with his son to every class. Other students looked at the boy and his father. The boy was embarrassed (难为情). After that he behaved better. And, of course, other students behaved better, too.
Now headmaster all over the USA are trying Mr Lazares’ s idea. They, too, think that students behave better when parents come to school.
( )1. In the U.S., teachers usually stop the student having classes for several days if he behaves very badly.
( )2. Mr Lazares thought some students would regarded that as a-three-day holiday if he was stopped having
classes for two or three days.
( )3. Mr Lazares disciplined students who behaved badly by telephoning their parents to come to school and go
to classes with them.
( )4. The boy felt very happy when his parents was having classes with him.
( )5. The other students behaved better because they were afraid they would be disciplined like that.
A: Larry is late again tonight, Kathy.
B: I know, I don’ t think sixteen-year-olds should be to work at night. Young people need to sleep. A: I with you. Teenage boys never get tired.
B: Well, maybe. But Larry shouldn’ t work every night.
A: Oh, I agree. He time to do homework.
B: You know, Molly. Doing homework is OK. But he should really his hair.
A: Oh, I don’t know. Do you think it’ s too long?
B: Yes, I do. It looks clean. And I think he should stop that silly earring.
A: Oh, I disagree. I like it a bit. It cool.
B: You know what me.
A: Larry doesn’ t to have many friends.
B: Really? I didn’t know that.
A: Yes, Molly. He needs to time with friends.
B: Like you and me?
Ⅱ. 篇章结构理解篇 之
Many students get a driver’ s permit at 15. In California, they are then allowed to drive for 50 hours under supervision(监督). “Under supervision” means that a friend or relative who already has a license has to drive with them. But what happens when teenagers (persons between 13 and 19 years old) start driving on their own? Many 8
are careful drivers and never have a problem. But others are not, and they cause problems on the road. Fifteen-year-olds are too immature(不成熟) to drive alone.
In the United States, more teenagers are killed in driving accidents than in any other way. While fewer than 7% of drivers are teenages, teenagers are involved in (包括) 14% of the terrible car accidents in the country. Sixteen-year-olds are involved in over 43 crashes in every million kilometers they drive. But seventeen-year-olds cause only about 30 accidents in a million kilometers of driving. One year makes a difference. So the age limit(限制) should be increased(增加).
1. The word “permit”means A. learning to drive B. driving under supervision C. learner’ s license
2. The writer of the passage would agree that A. starting to drive early is the best way to learn safely
B. there are differences among teenager drivers
C. sixteen and seventeen-year-olds are similar drivers
3. are too young to drive.
A. Fifteen-year-olds B. Sixteen-year-olds C. Seventeen-year-olds A. Fifteen-year-olds are too immature to start driving alone
B. Sixteen-year-olds cause fewer accidents than seventeen-year-olds.
C. Seventeen-year-olds cause only about 43 accidents in a million kilometers of driving
5. The main idea in this passage is that A. increasing the age limit will cause fewer deaths
B. fifteen-year-olds cause too many accidents
C. good driving is largely a matter of good education
Growing up is not always easy. When we face difficulties, a spirit of depending on is
than crying for help. That’ s what Hong Zhanhui’ s story of from a boy to a man with family hardship (艰苦) tells us.
Hong was born in 1982 in a poor family in Xihua County, Henan Province. When he was only 11, his father became ill. And one day he came back with an unwanted baby girl. A year later, Hong’ s mother left home. She no longer wanted to live such a poor and face her sick husband. So everything hard fell onto the young shoulders(肩膀) ——to take care of his father and the sister Chenchen. and to go on to study.
Although his life was hard, Hong didn’ t go away from his father and sister. He worked in part-time jobs
his family. He climbed tall trees to get birds’ eggs for his sister. He two hours at weekends to the market to buy different things to sell around his school. A few years later, he studied at a college. To take care of Chenchen, he worked hard to rent (租) a room near his college for her, and send her to school.
After Hong’ s story went public, he became a hero in people’ s eyes. But Hong refused offers from He said he felt by kind offers, but he could depend on his own work.
1. 我们将可以自己选择衣服而不是穿校服。（instead of）
2. 我认为12岁的孩子不应该在周末打工。（be allowed to）
3. 他虽然有充足的时间做作业，但他很不仔细。（enough, though）
4. 学生应该集中精力在学习上，而不是其他方面。（concentrate on）