clean water. In the future, it may be a big (4). So we should not w
(6) water during the daytime. Take shorter shower
（淋浴）. Five to ten m (7) is enough. D (8) leave the
water running for a long time.
(10) water for years and years.
(2) last Monday
at once. Jim had to stay in bed for a week and felt that he should be more c
(10) next time when he goes swimming.
remember many rules.
The next day, Mr White (5) up early in the morning and he wanted to v
(6) a famous museum. But he didn’t know the w(7), so he had to ask a
(8) English woman in the street. He spoke to (9) in English, but the
Most American families are smaller than the families in other countries.
Children in the USA will leave their homes when they grow up.
They usually live far from their parents because they want to find good (2).
They often w(4)
Parents usually (6) their children choose their own jobs. Americans think it
(9) their houses. And in many families,
children are (10) for doing some housework so that they can learn how to
make money for their own use.
He knows that things are now. But he forgets the old days. He likes to talk about them. He often (4) about his
favourite birds, the robins(知更鸟). “When I was a boy, these houses were not here. There were
wide fields and tall trees. Every (5) the robins came. Thousands of them
(6) . Some built
(9) there were no trees.
for the robins. They do not come any more.”
(1) a rich man in England. He had a lot of money,
(2) all the time.
One day he went to see an old man to ask about happiness. The old man had a look at him,
(4) many places,
up to the farmer and asked, “Could you tell me if you feel happy ?” “Yes, I’m quite happy,” the
farmer answered. “Please tell me how you have found happiness,” asked the rich man. The farmer
answered with a on his face. “That’s very easy. If you work h
(9) any worry, you’ll be the h
(10) man in the world.
(1) Year’s Day. People usually give parties to celebrate it. Then the
(3) their houses and do a lot of shopping. On the eve of the
festival, family members meet for a big dinner. After dinner they TV
welcome the New Year and wish each other good luck.
May 1 is Labor Day. Big celebrations are held in public places. Teachers’ Day is on S
(7) to their teachers to express (表达)
their (8). The Mid-autumn Festival comes in September or October. People
(10) moon. October 1 is our National Day. We usually have a get-together to celebrate it.
China. It has an area (地域) of about 36,000 square(平方) kilometers and it has a p
of over 22,000,000. Taiwan is rich in natural resources(自然资源(4)
(6) a lot of travellers come for a visit.
Taiwan has one part of China since ancient times (自古以来). Most
(8) from Fujian and Guangdong province. The people on
(9) of the straits (海峡(10) to unite (统
一) our motherland as soon as possible.
(2) everything at school and a teacher cannot teach his students everything they want to know. His
(4) how to think. So much more is to be learned outside school by the students t
(7) to learn something, but it is difficult to use it to solve problems. Great inventors do not get
(8) many things and change the world a
How can the inventors do all of this? One of the answers is: They know how to study. A lot of
things are not in the classroom. They get a lot of k
(10) by reading outside school. They work hard and never give up all their lives.
Someone says, “Time is money.” But I think time is even more i____________________(1)
than money. Why? B______________________(2) when money is
s______________________(3), we can get it back. But when time is gone, it’ll never return. That
is the reason(原因) that we mustn’t w_____________________(4) time.
It’s said that the time is usually limited(有限的). Even a second is very important. We should
make full use of our time to do something u_____________________(5).
But it is a p____________________(6) that there are a lot of people who do not know the
importance of time. They spent their time i__________(7) smoking, drinking and playing. They
don’t know that wasting time m________________________(8) wasting part of their own life.
In a word, we should s______________________(9) time, and never p______________(10)
off till tomorrow what you can do today. Remember we have no time to lose.
综合填空（一）1.wash 2.Without 3.enough 4.problem 5.waste 6.less 7.minutes
8.Don’t 9.save 10.clean
综合填空（二）1. swimming 2.hot 3.after 4.poeple 5.up 6.jumped 7.hurt 8.water
综合填空（三）1.went 2.in 3.took 4.sure 5.got 6.visit 7.way 8.an 9.her
综合填空（四）1.parents’ 2.jobs 3.write 4.telephone 5.holidays 6.let 7.for
8.themselves 9.around 10.paid
综合填空 （五） 1.so 2.different 3.never 4.talks 5.spring 6.winter 7.down 8.didn’t
综合填空（六）1.was 2.unhappy 3.nothing 4.visited 5.either 6.working 7.smile 8.hard
综合填空（七）1.New 2.China 3.clean 4.watch 5.twelve 6.September 7.flowers
8.thanks 9.eat 10.round
综合填空（八）1.in 2.largest 3.poputation 4.for 5.beautiful 6.that 7.been 8.come
综合填空（九）1.useful 2.learn 3.work 4.and 5.themselves 6.important 7.easy 8.make
综合填空（十） 1.important 2.Because 3.spent 4.waste 5.useful 6.pity 7.in
8.means 9.save 10.put