《Unit 2 Colour》单元综合测试
从所给A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 ( ) 1. Green represents and nature. When you feel weak, you can wear green.
A. sadness B. purity C. joy D. energy ( ) 2. I think Lily should wear more because she worries a lot and often get stressed.
A. yellow B. white C. orange D. green
( ) 3. —Mum, can I have to eat? I’m hungry.
—Sorry, there is in the fridge. You can go downstairs to buy .
A. anything; nothing; something B. something; none; anything
C. something; nothing; something D. anything; none; something
( ) 4. I’d rather than .
A. read books; watch TV B. reading books; watching TV
C. to read books; watch TV D. read books; to watch TV ( ) 5. Daniel prefers playing computer games .
A. to shop. B. to shopping C. than shop D. than shopping ( ) 6. I think not difficult English every morning.
A. that; keep reading B. it’s; keep reading C. that; to keep read D. it; to keep reading ( ) 7. The students were all tired, but of them stopped a
A. no one; to have B. all; having
C. none; to have D. nobody; having ( ) 8. Daniel was a bad mood and didn’t talk to .
A. on; something B. with; anybody
C. in; anybody D. in; somebody
( ) 9. There’s with your son’s ears. So don’t worry about him.
A. nothing serious B. something serious
C. serious nothing D. anything serious ( ) 10. Most children ice cream fruit.
A. would rather; to B. prefer; to
C. prefer to; rather than D. like; better
根据所给的汉语提示，填入正确的单词完成下列句子。 11. Do you know the relationship between colours and (心情)？ 12. Listening to music can make me feel (放松). 13. Do you have any (困难) with your studies these days?
14. I can’t put on this dress. It’s too (紧). 15. The sun gives us not only light but also (热).
16. 屋里有人吗？我可以进来吗？ Is there in the room? May I come in?
17. 他似乎在看什么重要的东西。 He to be reading something important.
18. 我女儿想把她的房间漆成粉红色，因为这是她最喜欢的颜色。 My daughter wants to her room pink because it’s her favourite colour.
19. 我表哥18岁上大学了。 My cousin went to when he was eighteen years old.
20. 看太多的电视会影响你的学习。 Watching TV too much will your studies.
21. I’d rather do my homework by myself than copy others’ when I was a student. I my homework by myself to copying others’ when I was a student.
22. There isn’t anyone in the dining room now. There in the dining room now.
23. Mrs Brown is so old that she could do nothing. Mrs Brown is old to do .
24. The comic books have been sold out in the shop. There are no comic books. The comic books have been sold and there is in the shop.
25. How many kilometers are there from Shenzhen to Guangzhou? Please tell me. Please tell me how many kilometers from Shenzhen to Guangzhou. 2
下列各句均有一处错误，划出错误并在题后横线上改正。 26. Everyone seemed was very tired after such a long journey.
27. He often feels sad because he can’t think of anyone to talk.
28. I prefer wearing sports shoes because they’re comfortable. 29. Yellow can remind people for a warm day. 30. Orange is one of the warm colour. It represents joy.
Colour helps you see things. But man and some monkeys and apes（猿） are the only mammals（哺乳动物） that can see colour. 36 any other mammals, such as the dog, the world 37 a black-white photo. Dogs hunt mainly by listening and smelling. Like 38 animals, dogs see best when things move. The animals they hunt seem to know this. A rabbit or deer will freeze when they find that they are being hunted. Then the dog 39 see it at all.
Birds can see colour. They need to, because when they fly, they need to find places to land. Colour helps them know 40 the place is and what it is like so that they are able to catch flying things in the air or to 41 something they think safe. Some birds see things even 42 than man. The birds that eat bugs（虫子） can see them from 3
far away. And even a very young bird can see a house 43 the sky. So good eyes and being able to see colours help birds 44 food and also help them find out 45 there are other animals that are dangerous to them.
( ) 36. A. For B. With C. As D. To ( ) 37. A. seem like B. looks like C. likes D. like
( ) 38. A. other B. the other C. another D. others
( ) 39. A. may not B. should not C. must not D. need not
( ) 40. A. how soon B. how long C. how fast D. how far
( ) 41. A. land B. land on C. land for D. be landed
( ) 42. A. worse B. nearer C. better D. less
( ) 43. A. for B. from C. on D. at
( ) 44. A. to look at B. look at C. find D. found
( ) 45. A. what B. when C. if D. ho
The Red Cross Society of China (RCC) （中国红十字会） has so far received 150 million yuan (18 million US dollars) in donation for tsunami-hit（遭受海啸袭击的） countries, reports from the RCC said on January 14, 2005.
2.66 million US dollars of the money were sent to Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Maldives soon after they were hit by the killer disaster（灾难） late last month. The rest of the money will be sent for rebuiding villages, schools and orphanages (homes for children who lost their parents) in the disaster area, the reports said.
According to the reports, two RCC’s rescue（营救） teams have arrived in Indonesia and Sri Lanka Friday. A third team will go to Thailand early next week.
The RCC will report how much money has been collected and the uses of the money on its Website on time, the reports said. ( ) 46. The countries were hit by . A. a forest fire B. a tsunami
C. a big flood D. a drought disaster ( ) 47. The RCC collected money for , Thailand and Maldives.
A. Indonesia, China B. Indonesia, Sri Lanka
C. China, Sri Lanka D. Indonesia, America ( ) 48. The rest of the money will NOT be used to rebuild in the disaster area.
A. villages B. schools C. airports D. orphanages ( ) 49. Which statement is true according to the passage? .
A. The RCC has so far received USD 20.66 million in donation for tsunami-hit countries.
B. Two RCC’s rescue teams have arrived in Thailand.
C. A third team will be sent to Maldives next week.
D. The uses of the money will be reported on its Website on time by the RCC. ( ) 50. The passage is probably from .
A. a newspaper B. an advertisement
C. an instruction book D. a storybook
The Internet can show you lots of jobs all over the world. If you want to find a job on the Internet, use the words “job search” or “employment （职业）” to find the websites you need. Type in what you want and where you want to work. In a few seconds, a list of jobs will appear on the screen. You can also type in the name of a company to learn about jobs there. Many websites list full-time and summer jobs.
Job search websites can help you in other ways, too. They show you how to write a good resume（履历） and how to get ready for an interview（面试）. They also tell you what to say to an interviewer on the telephone. Some websites give you interview conversations to practice. One website even has a dictionary of interview words. A good employment website can be a big help in your job search.
Good luck with your job-hunting. ( ) 51. What should you do first if you want to find a job on the Internet?
A. To type in “job search” or “employment” to find the websites.
B. To write a good resume.
C. To get ready for an interview.
D. To get an English dictionary. ( ) 52. Some employment websites tell you how to have a job interview .
A. face to face B. in an e-mail
C. in a letter D. on the telephone
( ) 53. From the passage, we know that .
A. you can’t look for a summer job on the Internet
B. Some websites show you how to write a resume
C. if you type in the name of a company, you will get a job there easily.
D. the Internet can only show you a list of jobs of your own country.
( ) 54. The underlined word “job-hunting” means . A. searching a job B. giving a job
C. doing a job D. changing a job
( ) 55. What’s the main idea of the passage?
A. The Internet lists a large number of companies.
B. You can find many websites on the Internet.
C. It’s about how you can use the Internet to find a job.
D. There are different ways for you to look for jobs.
1—10 D B C A B D C C A B
11. moods 12. relaxed 13. difficulty 14. tight 15. heat
16. anyone/anybody 17. seems 18. paint 19. college 20. affect/influence
21. preferred doing 22. is nobody 23. too; anything
24. none left 25.there are
26. was → to be 27.talk → talk to 28. wearing → to wear
29. for → of 30. colour → colours
31. Smoking is bad for health.
32. Could you give me some advice on how to learn English well? 33. Simon prefers listening to music to playing football.
34. There’s something wrong with my walkman.
35. Red can help you when you are having difficulty making a decision.
36—45 D B A A D B C B C C
46—55 B B C D A A D B A C