1. Look! There_________ some apples in that tree. A. is B. was C. are D. were 2. We'll have to clean the plates before Mother _________ home. A. will come B. is coming C. come D. comes 3. —Will your mother _________ you if you _________ the English exam? —Of course not. Because I am trying my best.
A. be angry with; don't pass B. be angry with; won't pass C. be angry to; don't pass D. be angry to; won't pass 4. I'm sorry you've missed the train, it _________ 10 minutes ago. A. left B. has left C. had left D. has been left 5. I don't think I _________ you in that dress before. A. have seen B. was seeing C. saw D. see 6. _________you _________ to the radio? —No, you can turn it off. A. Did; listen B. Have; listened C. Do; listen D. Are; listening 7. —Where's Mr Lee? I have something unusual to tell him. —You _________find him. He _________ Japan.
A. may not; has gone to B. may not; has been to C. can't; has gone to D. can't; has been to 8. —I won't come to the party unless Sue _________, too. —You mean if Sue comes you'll come? A. will invite B. invites C. invited D. is invited 9. The world_________. Things never stay the same.
A. changes B. is changing C. was changing D. will change 10. —Excuse me, does Mr Smith's son live here? —He _________live here, but he has moved. A. has to B. used to C. tried to D. happened to
11. The children planted more threes and flowers after they _________ Greener China. A. joined B. took part in C. became D. were 12. —Where's Mr Zhang? —He _________ London. A. has been to B. has been C. has gone D. has gone to 13. —Do you know if he _________ to play basketball with us? —I think he will come if he _________ free tomorrow. A. comes; is B. comes; will be C. will come; is D. will come; will be 14. —May I speak to Mabel, please? —Sorry. She's _________ Pairs. A. gone in B. been in C. gone to D. been to
15. My pen friend Phillip _________ to see me from Australia. He will be here soon.
A. comes B. came C. has come D. is coming 16. I won't go to the concert because I _________ my ticket. A. lost B. don't lose C. have lost D. is coming
17. —Do you know Jack well? —Certainly, we _________ friends since ten years ago. A. were B. have made C. have become D. have been 18. —Where is Jim?—He ______ to the shop. He'll back in an hour.
A. goes B. go C. has gone D. will go 19. —Excuse me, look at the sign NO PHOTOS! —Sorry, I ________ it.
A. don't see B. didn't see C. haven't seen D. won't see 20. Jim's father said to him, "I hope you ________ what I ________ you to buy." A. didn't forget; told B. not to forget; have told C. won't forget; have told D. haven't forgotten; will tell 21. I like my new bike. It ________ very well. A. rides B. is riding C. is ridden D. has ridden 22. A lot of trees ______ __ along the river last year.
A. planted B. are planted C. were planted
23. These books________ out of the reading room. You have to read them here. A. must be taken B. can't take C. can take D. mustn't be taken 24. — Whose CD player is this? —It's mine. It ________ me 800 yuan. A. took B. spent C. paid D. cost
25. —May I________ you Chinese-English dictionary? —Sorry, I ________ it at home? A. borrow; forgot B. lend; left C. lend; forgot D. borrow; left 26. Can you________ a little French? A. say B. talk C. speak D. tell
27. The internet________ it easy go get much new information in a short time. A. finds B. makes C. feels D. takes
28. —Do you like the music The Moonlight Sonata? —Yes, it ________ really beautiful. A. feels B. sounds C. listens D. hears
29. Alice, we are going to spend our holiday in Canada，if you ________, we can go to China instead. A. hope B. wish C. prefer D. agree 30. —Hello! Would you like to go to the concert with me tonight?
—I'm sorry I can't Mother won't ________ me to go out in the evening. A. let B. allow C. offer D. ask 31. It's too dark here. Please ________ the light.
A. turn back B. turn down C. turn on D. turn off 32. After finishing your paper, look it over to ________ there are no mistakes. A. find out B. try out C. make sure D. think about 33. The baby is sleeping. Please ________ the radio a little.
A. turn down B. turn up C. turn on D. turn off 34. —Look! The bus is coming.
—But there are too many people. We can't ________ it. A. get off B. get down C. get on D. get up 35. Don't________ your coat, Tom! It's easy to catch a cold in spring. A. take away B. take off C. take down D. take out 36. The trees must ________ three times a week.
A. water B. is watering C. be watered D. waters
1. They ________(visit) the museum last week.
2. Zhang Hong________ (make) many friends since she came to Paris. 3. She ________(go)to the cinema with her classmates tomorrow evening. 4. John is always busy. He ________ (sleep) only six hours very night. 5. Stay here; boy; don't go out. It ________ (rain) now. 6. She often________ (do) her lessons after supper. 7. Hurry up! The train ________ (leave) in five minutes.
8. They ________(arrive) in London on the night of April 30, 1989. 9. While we________ (talk) in the room, the light suddenly went out 10. They________ (learn) about 200 English words since this term. 11. The meeting________ already ________ (start) when we got there. 12. He ________(work) hard at English every day.
13. Put on your coat. The wind ________ (blow) hard outside now. 14. I ________(not finish) my homework yet. 15. He ________(must send) to the hospital at once. 16. By the end of last year we ________ (plant) 1,500 trees. 17. She ________(play) the piano when I went to see her last night. 18. I'll tell him about i8t as soon as I ________ (see) him. 19. She isn't at home, she ________ (go) to Shanghai.
20. ________ you________ (get) up early every morning this year? 21. The film________ (be) on for five minutes when I got to the cinema. 22. He said that light ________ (ravel) much faster than sound.
23. How many Chinese words ________ Mike ________ (learn) since he got to Beijing? 24. The earth________ (move) around the sun.
25. The teacher said he ________ (give) us a talk on history soon. 26. All the students ________ (plant) trees tomorrow. 27. Please________ (not shout) here, the baby is sleeping. 28. We were sure that he ________ (can work) out the problem. 29. The singer said she ________ (not sing) twice in one evening. 30. We are sure he will come to see us before he ________ (leave) Tianjin. 31. Look! The Yong Pioneers ________ (pant) trees on the hill. 32. Mr Wang________ (not give) us a talk last Monday. 33. They________ (play) basketball this time yesterday.
34. He said that they ________ (clean) the classroom the next day. 35. We often________ (have) an English party on Saturday evenings. 36. He ________(joint) the army a few years ago.
37. I'll tell him the news as soon as he ________ (come) back. 38. Tom always________ (think) much of others, but little of himself.
39. Mr Black, together with his students, ________ (visit) the Science Museumnow. 40. There________ (be) a League meeting the day after tomorrow. 41. My brother________ (be) away form home for three years. 42. When Black got to the classroom, the first class ________ (begin).
43. I don't know if he ________ (come). If he ________ (come), please let me know. 44. Tom said, "This pair of trousers ________ (be) mine!" 45. The story________ (take) place in 1985. 46. —Where is your uncle? —He________ (go)to the bank.
47. I usually________ (do) my homework in the evening.
48. If it________ (not rain) tomorrow, the League members of class________ (plant)trees around the lake?
49. I ________(finish) my homework by half past eight last night. 50. —What's in the lake?
—Some boys________ (swim) in the lake.
51. The USA________ (attack) Iraq (伊拉克) in March, 2003.
52. My brother likes English very much, and he ________ (practice) reading every