Class___________ Name________________ Marks______________
1. During winter vacation, I _______ sleeping late.
A. used to B. was used for C. was used to D. use to
2. You _______ shake hands when you meet someone for the first time in China.
A. would like to B. are supposed to C. want to D. will
3. A _______ can do almost anything for man, but it can’t take the place of man. It has, though, changed the world a lot.
A. e-mail B. Internet C. computer D. mobile phone
4. －－Could you let me know ________ yesterday? －－Because the traffic was bad.
A. why did you come late B. why you came late.
C. why do you come late D. why you come late 5. The number of the students in our school ______ 2108, but a number of student______ live in the school. A. are, don’t B. is, doesn’t C. is, don’t D. are, doesn’t
6. I believe scientists will _________ a way to beat SARS.
A. get on with B. come up with C. go on with D. catch up with
7. －Is ________ ready for dinner? －No, the table hasn’t been set yet.
A. anything B. everything C. something D. nothing
8. He is ________. Could you pass _______ a glass of water, please?
A. tired; his B. angry; mine C. thirsty; him D. hungry; me
9. It is polite while ____ noodles in Japan
A. eat B. ate C. eating D. to eat
10. He wasn’t supposed to go to park while ________ to school.
A. going B .to to C. went D. goes 11.We often just _____ our friends’ home.
A. drop B. drop in C. drop by D. drop on
12.Did you find it difficult _____ him?
A. talk B. to talk C. talking D. talked
13.You’d better make a plan ____ over your lessons.
A. go B. going C. to go D. goes
14.What you said made me ____ sad.
A. feel B. felt C. to feel D. feeling
15 --Excuse me. Could you please tell me where _____ save money?
--Go down this street and _____ right at the first crossing. You will see it.
A. can I; turn B. I can; make C. I can; turn D. can I ; make
二 能力提升 完型填空与阅读理解
A) Manners（礼貌）are important to happy relations （关系）among people. No one 1 a person with bad manners. A 2 with good manners never laughs at people when they are in trouble. Instead, he 3 to help them. When he asks for something, he says “ 4 . ”And when he receives something, he 5 says “Thank you”. He does not interrupt（打扰） 6 people when they are talking. He does not talk loudly or laugh loudly 7 public. When he sneezes or spits（吐痰）, he uses a 8 . If you are late, you 9 make an apology （道歉）to the teacher either at the time 10 after class.
1. A. thinks B. likes C. hates D. loves
2. A. boy B. man C. person D. give
3. A. tries B. wants C. has D. enjoys
4. A. Give me B. Please C. Yes D. Hello
5. A. never B. sometime C. usually D. still
6. A. every B. some C. his D. other
7. A. on B. at C. of D. in
8. A. book B. cup C. handkerchief D. hand
9. A. should B. will C. could D. may
10. A. or B. nor C. and D. but
B) The customs in different countries are rather different. If I have dinner with a Chinese host, he always puts more food onto my plates as soon as I have emptied it. That often discomforts me greatly. I have to eat the food even if I don’t want to, because it is considered bad manners in the West to leave one’s food on the plate. I have already noticed that when a Chinese sits at an American’s dinner party, he very often refuses the offer of food or drink though he is in fact still hungry or thirsty. This might be good manners in China, but it is not in the West at all. In the United States, it is impolite to keep asking someone again and again or insist on his accepting something. Americans have a direct way of speaking. If they want something, they will ask for it. If not, they will say, “No, thanks.”When an American is fed with beer by the host, for example, he might say, “No, thanks. I’ll take some diet, Pepsy-Cola（百事可乐）if you have it. ”That is what an American will do. So when you go to the United States, you had better remember the famous saying: When in Rome, do as the Romans do. 1. From the passage, we can know that the Chinese are usually ________ to the guests.
A. very hot B. rude C. impolite D. cold
2. When a foreigner has dinner with a Chinese host, he often feels _______.
A. pleasant B. uncomfortable C. satisfied D. happy
3. Why does a Chinese often refuse the offer of food or drink at a dinner party?
A. He has had enough. B. He is shy.
C. He is afraid that others will laugh at him. D. He thinks it’s polite to do that.
4. When an American wants something to eat or drink at a dinner, he will _______.
A. ask for it boldly B. refuse the offer C. ask for it directly D. express himself indirectly
5. “When in Rome, do as the Romans do”means “________”. A. When you got to Rome, you should act as the Romans do
B. When you stay in Rome, you should do as the Romans do
C. When you are in a new country, you should do as the locals do
D. Romans can be an example for you
C） There are stock（股票）markets in large cities in many counties. Stock markets in Paris, London, Tokyo, Shanghai and New York are among the largest and most well-known. The stock market, also called stock exchange, is a place where people can buy or sell shares（参股，份额）of a factory or a company. And each share means certain ownership of a factory or a company.
Different people go to stock markets. Some are rich, who want to get more money than they have. Others are not very rich, who buy stocks and try to become rich. Still others buy stocks as part of their plan to save money.
Of course, investing money in the stock market is not the safest way to make money. No one can tell exactly whether the shares will be doing well. The factory or company may do badly. Then the stocks will go down, and investors（投资者）will lose money. The stock may go up or down for a number of untold reasons. Everyone wants the stock to go up, but sometimes even if a factory or a company does a good job, the stock may still go down.
No wonder going to the stock market is often compared to gambling. All are eager to make 2
money by “gambling”（赌注）in the stock market. Factories and companies that need money are pleased that so many people are willing to “gamble”. Indeed, the stock market is an attractive part of the business world.
6 If you are an investor, can you always make money in the stock market? _____________________________________________________________________.
7 Why do those people who are not rich go to stock markets?
8 Can investors be sure that the stock will go up if a factory or a company does a good job? ____________________________________________________________________.
9 What is going to the stock market like?
10 How do factories and companies feel when they see so many people going to the stock markets? ___________________________________________________________________.
三 、词汇测试 A). 据首字母或汉语提示完成单词
1. All the students were _________________(suppose) to come here two hours ago.
2. My father has decided to give up_________________(somke).
3. The Greens got used to ________________(live) in that beautiful city.
4. My grandfather walks very slowly because he is ________(bow) down with age.
5.It’s important for us ____________(understand) the main ideas about the passage. 6. (spend)_______________ time with family and friends is very important to us.
7. We are _________________ (most) out on Sundays.
8. We are all surprised at Tom’s sudden _______________(die).
9. I sat on the big, soft sofa and made myself _________________(comfort).
10. ________________(gradual), his becoming better and better at English.
Everyone _______________when they ______________________.
Young adults in Colombia like to___________their friends’ home _________they have time.
What_________________________when you take part in a wedding?
It’s________________to_____________other people when they are in trouble.
Don’t __________________ others with chopsticks while eating.
1.The child is too young to put on clothes himself. ____ difficult for the child to _____ himself.
2.It took me ten minutes to go to school by bike. I ______ 10 minutes ____ to school.
3. Should we shake hands when we meet someone for the first time?
________ we_________ ________shake hands when we meet someone for the first time?
4. The doctor told the sick person to stop smoking.
The doctor told the sick person to _________ _________ smoking.
5. He told me, "Don't open the present until Christmas Day. "
He told me________ _________ _________ the present until Christmas Day.
五. 书面表达 根据汉语提示，运用be supposed to do这一结构来介绍在美国人家里做客的风俗习惯。
一 1---5________________ 6---10_________________ 11---15__________________
二 A) 1---5_______________ 6---10________________