Class___________ Name________________ Marks______________
一 选择填空 15’
1. The leaves in the water produced a ________ smell.
A. please B. pleased C. pleasure D. pleasant
2. This kind of pot is ______ keeping tea hot.
A. used in B. used for C. used as D. used by
3. I took the wrong train. I didn’t even know it ______ half an hour later.
A. to B. until C. by D. after
4. ---______, you can work out the problem easily. -- I see. Thank you.
A. On the way B. In the way C. By the way D. In this way
5 --What beautiful flowers in the garden. --Yeah! They ______ here last year..
A. were planted B. have been planted C. planted D. will be planted
6. --- Have all the students known that we will have an English exam this Saturday?
--- Yes. Every student ______ about it.
A. tells B. told C. was told D. has told
7. sometimes paper is ___________ old things
A. made of B. made from C. making of D. making to
8. – Would you come along with me?
-- ________. But first I have to finish the homework.
A. Yes. I want B. Sorry. I can’t go C. I’d like to D. OK. I will go
9. My mother told me that my homework must _______ on time.
A. finish B. be finish C. be finished D. finished
10. He lived in place __________ Gum Tree.
A. called B. name C. named D.A and C
11. When ______ the car ________?
A. did, invent B. was, invented C. does, invent D. in, invented
12. About 5000 cars ________ in the factory next month.
A. have produced B. were produced C. will produce D. will be produced
13. They are made ___________ for 14 hours a day.
A. work B. to work C. worked D. working
14. _____ is believed that Bell invented the first telephone in 1876.
A. This B. That C. It D. One
15 Why didn’t you go to the party last night? Because I -------
A. wasn’t invited B. didn’t invite C. haven’t invited D. don’t ivited
二 . 完形填空 20’ The invention of the camera goes far into the past. In the 1500s, men were experimenting (实验) with cameras that made images (图像). But men didn’t find a way to make the pictures continue to exist (存在) for all the time ___1___ the early 1800s. Even then, photography was a new field. Most families had their pictures __2___ by photographers. People did not own cameras because taking pictures and developing the films (冲洗胶卷) were very difficult. In 1884, George Eastman changed photography by ___3___ a kind of film(胶卷) that could fit into (适合于) a small camera. Because the new film was __4__ to use, many people began to buy cameras. When they had ___5___ their films, people returned their cameras to the factory. 1
There, the films were developed, and pictures were made clearly. Then more films were put into the cameras ___6____were sent back to the owners, along ___7___ their pictures.
Today’s cameras are ___8___easier to use, and people can put in their own films. Photography has become a growing hobby. There are also many new jobs in the field of photography. One of the most important kinds of work is in news reporting. Newspapers, magazines, and televisions all need pictures to tell their stories. Photographers help scientists __9__ taking pictures through microscopes and telescopes(显微镜和望远镜). Deep-sea drivers take pictures of ocean plants and animals, while astronauts (宇航员) take their cameras into ___10__. Man finds new uses for the camera every day.
1. A. before B. until C. when D. while 2. A. taken B. take C. taking D. took 3 . A. making B. watching C. doing D. inventing
4. A. difficult B. easy C. quick D. safe
5. A. used B. in use C. used to D. used up
6. A.who B. how C. that D. where
7. A. to B. into C. with D. including 8. A. more B. very C. too D. even
9. A. to B. by C. with D. in
10. A. cars B. plane C. water D. space
Thomas Edison was a great American inventor. He was born on February 11th in 1847 at Milan, Ohio and died on October 18, 1931. When he was a child he was always trying out new ideas.
One day when he was five years old, his father saw him sitting on some eggs. He asked him why he was doing that. Tom did not answer. Instead, he asked his father: “Hens are able to have chicks. Why can’t I?”
So Tom’s mother took him out of school, and taught him herself. She taught him to read and write, and she found him a very good student. He learnt very fast. Even before he was ten he became very interested in science. He grew vegetables in his garden and sold them. With the money he set up a chemical laboratory in the cellar (储藏室) of his home in 1857.
Thomas Edison was awarded 1,368 separate and different patents（专利）during his lifetime. His first patented invention was an electrical vote recorder in 1868.
1876—1877, invented the phonograph.
1891, invented and patented the motion picture camera.
1897, invented the first commercially practical incandescent (白炽的) electric lamp. 1900—1910, invented and perfected the steel alkaline (碱性的) storage battery.
(A) Decide if the statements are true (T) or false (F).
11. Thomas Edison died at the age of sixty-five. ( )
12. Tom’s teacher didn’t like him because he didn’t study hard. ( )
13. Tom became interested in science even before he was ten. ( ) (B) Answer the following questions. 14. How did he build his science lab?
15. Do you think Thomas is clever or not? Why?
三. ( A) 根据句意和首字母提示，在横线上完成单词。10’
1. Can you tell me the four famous inventions in a______________ China?
2. Lu Xun was one of the greatest writers in the 20th c___________ of China. 3. The machine is made of m ___________ (金属)
4. James noticed two policemen coming t ___________________ him.
5. Chicago d _______________ into a big city in the late 1800s.
（B) 用所给词的适当形式填空 10’
6. I don't like eating _____________ (west) food.
7.These are the shoes with ______________(ajust) heels.
8.The potato chips tates really ______________(salt)
9. China is a __________________(develop) country in the world.
10. The person who invented the campus is a great_______________. (invent)
More trees _______ _______ ________ because protecting the enviroment is vey important.
Shen Nong __________ tea when he was boiling drinking water over ______ _____ ______.
Comper _______ _________ by most people in China _______in 1990s.
1. Li Lei asked me to go to his birthday party.（改为被动语态）
I ____________ _____________ to go to Lei’s birthday party.
2. What do people use the pen to do? （改为被动语态）
What __________ the pen __________ to do by people?
3. A large number of books have been sent to the Hope School in that village.（改为主动语态） We _______ ________ a large number of books to the Hope School in that village.
4. The workers were made to finish the work at once by the manager. （改为主动语态）
The manager __________ the workers _____________ the work at once.
5. This boy is not old enough to go to school. （改为同义句）
This boy is ____________ ___________ to go to school.
Last week Bruce wrote to Dick , telling him that he wasn’t enjoying the new school in Richmond at all . All the o _(1) students were from the same junior middle school , they g ___(2) on well with each other . Bruce t______(3)his best to be friendly , but they didn’t . I __(4) , they made fun of （取笑） him , because he was the s (5) in the class . He had no idea about what to do . So Bruce n (6) some help from his best friend , Dick . Now , in his l (7) back to Bruce , Dick gave him two pieces of advice （建议）：First , __d__(8) worry about being short . And the s (9) , think about l (10) for a good friend .
六 书面表达根据下面的表格，用英语写一篇短文，标题已给出。(不少于60词) 10’
Notes: ball-point pen圆珠笔 tanner制革工人 refill再充填 leak 漏
How was the ball-point pen invented?
二 1—5_________________ 6—10_________________ 11—13__________________