Adverbial Clause of Condition
If you are happy, what will you do?
If I am happy, I will smile.
If you become sad, what will you do?
If I become sad, I will cry.
She is doing She gets good grades. her homework. If you are hard-working, you will get good grades.
If you play computer games on weekdays , you’ll be very tired in class your parents will be sad. you won’t get good grades. your eyes will be poor
She is going to walk to school.
She will be late.
will be If she walks to school, she _____ ___late. _____
1) 条件状语从句通常由if或 unless(=if not)引导，从句中常用 一般时代替将来时，即if或unless 后的句子谓语用一般现在时。但 是，主句则通常用将来时，情态 动词或祈使句。
时态－－主将从现 主句一般将来时， 从句一般现在时
If it rains（从句）， I will stay at home. I’ll go with you if you don’t want to go alone（从句）. 2.如果主句含有must, may, can 等情态动词，从句也要用 一般现在时。
If you drive too fast, you may have an accident. You must stop if the traffic is red. 3. 如果主句是祈使句，从句同样要用一般现在时。 Don’t go and play football if you don’t finish your homework.
Please call me if he comes next Sunday.
If 引导条状语从句时，从句中用一般现在时代替 一般将来时。
1. If hegoes ______(go) to the movies,he won’t finish his work. 2. If I become ________(become) a doctor,I can help others. 3. If we _______(have )time, we will go to the park have tomorrow.
If you go,I will go.
Please take a raincoat if it rains.
If you are free this weekend, what will you do ?
If I am free ,…
sleep watch TV play computer games
If you want to get good marks, do what? Don’t do what?
? If you want to get good marks, __________. study hard
listen to teachers carefully. do homework by yourself.
? If you want to get good marks, copy your homework. ? don’t __________.
talk in the class cheat in the exams
If you have enough pocket money, what will you buy? ? If I have enough pocket money, ? I ____________________.
If you invite foreigners to China, where will you go? ? I will go to _________, ? if I invite foreigners to China.
Topic 1: If I am happy, …… A: If I am happy, I will go shopping. B: If I go shopping, I can buy some clothes. C: If I can buy some clothes, I will spend much money. D: If I spend much money, …… E: ….. 【比一比】：一分钟内，根据所给话题，看同学们能 接出多少条件状语从句。 【注意】在句子接龙时，
? If 条件句的替代形式： ? （1）祈使句 + and/or + 陈述句（ 谓语动词通常用将来时态）。其中 ，and表示句意顺承；or表示转折 ，意为“否则”。 ? e.g. If you work hard, you’ll pass the exam easily. ? = Work hard, and you’ll pass the exam easily. ? If you don’t work hard, you’ll fall behind others. ? = Work hard, or you’ll fall behind others.
（2）用介词with, without的替代形 式：
e.g. If there is no water, the fish may die. = Fish may die without water.
If you help me, I’ll finish my task on time. =With your help, I’ll finish my task on time.
Activity 1 Rewrite the sentences with if:
Listen in class, or you won’t understand what to do.
If you don’t listen in class, you won’t understand what to do.
1) Eat breakfast, or you’ll get hungry at school.
If you don’t eat breakfast, you’ll get hungry at school.
2) Hurry up! We’ll be late!
If you don’t hurry up, we’ll be late.
Activity2.Complete the sentences
— I want to get high scores. — If you work hard, you will do well. __________________________(work hard/ do well)
1.-how can I remember my friends’ birthdays? you keep a note in your diary, you won’t forget. -If_______________________________________ (keep a note in your diary / not forget).
2.-It’s late, but I don’t want to go to sleep. you don’t get enough sleep, you’ll feel tired at school. -If _______________________________________ (not get enough sleep/ feel tired at school).
1. if 在句中的含义不同 I want to know if he is a teacher.
I’ll go to see you if I am free next week.
2. if 在从句中的位置不同 I don’t know if the train has arrived.
I will go out tomorrow if it doesn’t rain. = If it doesn’t rain, I will go out tomorrow. If 引导的宾语从句放在主句之后；而if引 导的状语从句可放在主句之前也可放在主 句之后
If 引导的条件状语从句放于句首时多用逗号隔开； 而if引导的宾语从句则不能。
3. 时态要求上有区别 1.I want to know if there will be sports meeting next month. a
If 引导的宾语从句的时态由主句及本身时 态决定；
2.If it doesn’t rain ,we’ll go out doesn’t rain
If 引导条件状语从句的时态为一般现在时 记住“主将从现”
1. Can you tell me if she can come to the meeting ? 2. She will not go there if it is rainy tomorrow. 3. I can’t guess if she will be angry . 4. If we help each other , we will get good results .
don’t understand 1 If I _______________(not understand）, I will ask my teacher for help . copy 2 If I __________(copy ) your homework , I will cheat myself . doesn’t get 3 If she _______________(not get ) up early , she’ll miss the early bus . buys 4 If your mother_
______ (buy) the book for you , it will be good for your study.
5. If you ____________(not work ) hard , don’t work you _________(not pass) the exam. won’t pass breaks 6. If your brother ____________(break) the window , he will feel very sorry for that . 7. If the computer doesn’t work (not work), mend it please .
isn’t 8. If she _______(not be) interested in math, she will find it very boring . get 9. If you _________(get ) high scores, your parents will be proud of you . are 10. If you _________(be) happy , we will be happy .
will come I want to know if he _______(come)tomorrow, if he _______(come), I __________(give) the comes will give message to him.
1.引导宾语从句：译为“是否”，表示不确定的概 念。 I don’t know if your father can come together . Can you tell me if miss your parents ? 2.引导条件状语从句：译为“如果，假如” (1) if从句+祈使句 (2) if从句+主句（一般将来时） (3) if从句+主句（含有情态动词）
Writing：任选一个话题，写 一篇小文章。 要求：不少于字数60词； 尽可能多地用条件状语 从句来表达。
If you are happy
If you are happy and you know it clap your hands If you are happy and you know it clap your hands If you are happy and you know it never be afraid to show it If you are happy and you know it clap your hands If you are happy and you know it stomp your feet. If you are happy and you know it stomp your feet. If you are happy and you know it never be afraid to show it If you are happy and you know it stomp your feet If you are happy and you know it wink your eye If you are happy and you know it wink your eye If you are happy and you know it never be afraid to show it If you are happy and you know it wink your eye
C 1.If you _____ to the party, you’ll have a great time. A. will go B. went C. go D. going 2． I ____ her the answer if she ____me. D A.can tell, will ask B. will tell, will ask C. would tell, ask D. will tell, asks
3. – What are you going to do tomorrow? --We’ll go to the library tomorrow if it ___. D A. isn’t rain B. rain C. won’t rain D. doesn’t rain A 4. What will you do if you _____ to the old folk’s home visit? A. go B. went C.going D. will go
C 5. If I eat ____ food, I’ll be very fat. A. too many B. many too C. too much D. much too 6. I’ll give the book to him if he ___ here next Sunday. B A. will come B. comes C. is coming D. came
7. There ____an English film in our school tomorrow. C A. is going to have B. will have C. is going to be D. has B 8. Could you tell us where ____？ A. will the next Olympic Games held B. the next Olympic Games will be held C. would the next Olympic Games be held D. the next Olympic Games would be held
The Adverbial Clause of Condition (条件状语从句)