Topic 六 状语从句
1）when, while, before, after, as soon as, until, since等，引导时间状语从句。
2）because, as, since等引导原因状语从句。
3）if, unless,as long as等引导条件状语从句。
8） where, wherever.地点状语从句的引导词
时间状语从句由when, while, after, before, since, as soon as, till, until等连词引导。
1) when引导的从句，主句和从句同时发生，或从句的动作发生在主句动作之前或之后。When 引导的时间状语从句中既可接延续性动词，也可接非延续性动词，多用一般过去时。
e.g She was reading a book when I came into the room.
2）while 强调主句和从句动作同时发生，或主句动作发生在从句动作发生的过程中发生，所引导的时间状语从句职能用延续性动词，且多用进行时态。 e.g My mother was cooking while I was doing my homework.
I'll write to you as soon as I get to Beijing.
It will get warmer and warmer when spring comes.
原因状语从句由because, as, since等连词引导。
He sold the car because it was too small.
Since you won't help me, I must do the job myself.
As my mother is away at this moment, I have to look after my younger sister.
I stayed at home because of the bad weather.
条件状语从句由if, unless（= if not）算连词引导。条件从句中的动词多用一般现在时表示将来。 例如：
I shall go if he asks me.
I shan't go unless he asks me.
Come with me if you have time.
I want to watch a basketball match if I'm well tonight.
目的状语从句的引导词有so that ,in order that
He stood up so that /in order that he could see the blackboard clearly.
E.g He is so honest that he can't tell lies.
It is such a heavy box that no one can move it.
She is so beautiful that we all like her.
It's such fine weather that all of us want to go to the mountain.
They are such lovely flowers that the girl buys all of them.
3）当名词前有 much, many, little, few 等修饰时，职能用so
Eg. There are so many people in the park that I don't want to go in.
4）当little 意为 小的时候，仍然用such
She was such a little girl that we couldn't see her when she stood in the crowd.
让步状语从句的引导词有 though/although, even though/if
E.g Although/though it was dark, he went on with his work.
1. We were getting ready to go out ______ it began to rain.
A. where B. when C. since D. if
2. We love spring ______ there’re beautiful flowers everywhere.
A. but B. if C. though D. because
3. The work was _______ difficult _______ it took us quite a long time to do it. 3
A. such, that B. so, that C. too, that D. too, to
4. I’ll tell him to give you a call ______ he comes back.
A. because B. since C. as soon as D. but
5. --- Why did Li Lei use a pencil? --- _______ his pen was broken.
A. Because B. When C. Until D. If
6. I think Chinese is more popular ______ any other subject.
A. than B. for C. as D. then
7. What do I have to do ______ I want to be thinner?
A. if B. because C. since D. for
8. I won’t turn off the light ______ you’ve finished reading.
A. when B. after C. as soon as D. until
9. I’ll study English and other objects _______ I can.
A. so hard as B. as hard as C. so hardly as D. as hardly as
10. Though it rained heavily, _______ were still playing on the playground.
A. they B. so they C. but they D. and they
11. You should finish your exercises ______ you go to bed.
A. after B. before C. because D. if
12. --- Are we going to West Hill Farm by bike?
--- No. By bus, _______ it is quite far from here.
A. if B. when C. though D. because
13. Mr. Read has taught in that small town ______ he left Canada in 1988.
A. when B. after C. for D. since
14. I’m ______ busy getting ready for Christmas _______ I have no time to write to you.
A. not, until B. too, to C. so, that D. neither, nor
15. You’ll do better in English ______ you work harder.
A. or B. than C. if D. before 4
16. She eats more than before ________ she can put on some weight.
A. because B. so as to C. in order to D. in order that
17. Mary often wears high heels ______ she may look taller.
A. so that B. in order C. in order to D. so as to
18. She was ______ that we all like her.
A. such good a singer B. so a good singer B. a very good singer D. so good a singer
19. It was _____ we went fishing in the open air yesterday.
A.such a nice weather that B. such nice weather that
C. so nice weather that D. a nice weather so that
20. The coat fits her ______ well _______ she looks very beautiful in it.
A. as, as B. such, that C.so, that D. very, that
21. This question was ____ difficult ____nobody in our class could answer it.
A. very, that B. such, that C. too, to D. so, that
22. This coat cost _____ much ______ I didn’t buy it.
A. such…that B. so…that C. too…to D. too…that
23. You’d better take this book. It is very good ______ it’s a bit expensive.
A. though B. and C. but D. so
24. _______ he is very young, ________ he knows a lot about science.
A. Though, but B. Because,so C. Though,/ D. When,and
25. ________the teacher was very busy, _______he still helped me with my English.
A.Though, but B. Because, but C. Though, yet D.Because, /
26. He left in ___a hurry ___he forgot to lock the door.
A. such, that B. so, that C. such, as D. so, when
( ) 1 The meeting didn't start___ everyone was there.
A. because B. until C. why D. if
( ) 2 He ___ home ___ she was satisfied ___ his answer yesterday.
A. didn't go; until; with B. wasn't go; after; to
C. doesn't go; before; with D. didn't go; until; to
( ) 3 Tom will call me as soon as he ___ Shanghai.
A. arrives B. will reach C. arrives in D. get to
( ) 4.I'm sure he'll come to see me before he ___ Beijing.
A. will leave B. is leaving C. leave D. leaves
( ) 5.I will tell him the news as soon as he___ back.
A. come B. comes C. will come D. came
( )6. Tom has got a watch. He ___ it for two years. It _______ by his father.
A. has bought; was bought B. has got; is bought ,
C. was bought; has bought . D. has had; was bought "'
( )7 When he got to the station, the train ___.
A. left B. had left C. leaves D. has left
( )8.The boy told his father what he ___ in the street.
A. saw B. have seen C. had seen D. see
( ) 9. We ___ TV when the telephone ____.
A. watched; was ringing B. were watching; rang C. watch; rings D. are watching; rang
( )10. By the end of last term, I___ ten books.
A. had finished reading B. have finish reading C. had finish to read D. finish read
( )11. I ___ you for a long time. Where ___ you ___?
A. didn't see; did; go B. didn't see; have; gone
C. haven't seen; have; been D. haven't seen; have; gone
( ) 12.Tom___ China for 3 years.
A. has been B. has been in C. has been to D. has been at
( )13. I won't go to see the film tonight, because I ___ my ticket.
A. lost B. have lost C. will lose D. didn't lose
( )14 -Hello! May I speak to Bob? -Sorry, but he ___ for a month.
A. had been away B. was left C. left D. has been away
( ) 15. I ___ him since I began to live in the city.
A. know B. have known C. knew D. will know
( ) 16.Zhao Lan ___ already ___ in this school for two years.
A. was; studying B. will; study C. has; studied D. are; studying
( ) 17. Betty didn't go to see the film yesterday ___ she was ill.
A. because B. but C. until D. if
( ) 18. May I sit nearer___I can see more clearly?
A. as if B. so that C. even if D. so
( ) 19. ___ you work hard, you will certainly succeed.
A. Though B. If C. Because D. For
( )20.___ he came to study in the university, he has made much progress in the study of English.
A. While B. When C. Since D. After
( ) 21. I'd like to go swimming _____ the water is not too cold.
A. for B. unless C. if D. whether
( )22. There are ___ many league members in class 2 ___ in Class 4.
A. both; and B. so; that C. either; or D. as; as
( ) 23. -Do you have a big library? -No, we don't. At least, not___yours.
A. as big as B. as big than C. as bigger than D. bigger as
( )24. Suzhou is not ____ beautiful ____ Hangzhou.
A. as; than B. so; as C. even; than D. /; than
( ) 25. Iron is more useful ___ any other metal.
A. as B. than C. then D. so
( )26. I want to know ___ she is going to see a film.
A. if B. that C. what D. which
( ) 27. ___ you study harder, you'll never pass the final exam.
A. If B. Until C. Unless D. Except
( )28. Although it was raining, _____ still worked in the fields.
A. but they B. and they C. they D. and yet they
( ) 29. ___ there were only five soldiers left at the front, ___ they went on fighting.
A. Because; so B. If; and C. Though; but D. Though; /
( )30. Please answer the question in a loud enough voice ___ all the class may hear.
A. so, that B. or C. in order that D. and