Unit 2 Let’s play sports!
[pen] n ['penslkeis] n [i'reiz?] n ['?:rind?] n [braun] n
['p?nd?] n [d?k] n [b?:d] n ['elif?nt] n
['?ɑ:p?n?] n [hed] n
[ai] n [ɑ:m] n
[bred] n [f?:] n
Simple present tense(一般现在时) ? Millie gets up at 6:30 every morning.
—things that we often do. 经常做的事
? Cats eat fish.
—things that are always true.客观存在的事实
? Simon likes playing football.
—things that are true now.目前存在的事实
things thing that we things that that are do regularly are true now always true Cats eat I have a Amy goes fish. dog. swimming after school.
We use the simple present tense when we talk about :
a.Fish live in water.
b.I go to school every day. c.I live in Nanjing. d.I am a student. e.I have breakfast at 7.00a.m.
f.Nice music makes us happy.
g.Kitty likes stickers. h.The elephant has long nose. i.I go to the Reading
Club every Tuesday.
Simple present tense of the verb
实义动词是指表示某种动作行为,有具体意 思的动词,也叫行为动词。如: eat, have, run, swim 等等，它们的意思分别是： “吃”、“有”、“跑”、“游泳”等等， 这些都是实义动词。实义动词占英语中动 词的绝大多数。
1. I like apples.
2. She likes apples.
3. They often play football after school.
4. Li Hua plays football very well.
3.以ch, sh, ss, x和o结尾的动词+es
teaches washes misses goes go
Study Carry Fly Try Worry
Guess dress Fix Finish
help guess fly go stay fix wash
helps guesses flies goes stays fixes washes
swim know carry play make study do
swims knows carries plays makes studies
1. I ______ playing volleyball. like 2. Kitty ________ very well. dances goes 3. Amy ________ swimming every week. plays 4. Simon often ________ football with his friends. dance go like play
5. Daniel sometimes _________ ball games on TV. watches
They play football after school.
否定句：They don’t play football after school. 疑问句： Do they play football after school?
Yes, they do.
No, they don’t.
1. I like swimming. I don’t like swimming. Do you like swimming? Yes, I do. /No, I don’t. 2. My parents work together. My parents don’t work together.
Do your parents work together? Yes, they do. /No, they don’t.
He plays football very well.
doesn’t play football very well.
he play football very well?
Yes, he does.
No, he doesn’t.
1. Sandy likes playing tennis. Sandy doesn’t like playing tennis. Does Sandy like playing tennis? Yes, she does./No, she doesn’t. 2. Eddie likes eating.
Eddie doesn’t like eating. Does Eddie like eating?
Yes, he does./No, he doesn’t.
plays 1. YaoMing _______(play) basketball. doesn’t play He ___________(not play) football. go 2. I _______(go) swimming on Sunday.
don’t go But I ___________ (not go) shopping. enjoy 3. My cousins _______(enjoy) computer games.
don’t enjoy But they __________(not enjoy) ball games. 4. You _______(like) fish. like doesn’t like But he ___________(not like) fish.
例句1: I like fish. (meat) I don’t like meat. 例句2: He likes reading. (writing) He doesn’t like writing.
1. I like red. (green) I don’t like green. 2. She likes apples. (oranges) She doesn’t like oranges. 3. We have English lessons every day.
(PE lessons) We don’t have PE lessons every day.
1. Mr Green likes work in China very working much. 2. My mother sometimes go to the shop on Sundays. goes 3. She doesn’t likes bread or cake very like much. 4. Where does Jim and Kate work? do 5. There are many birds on the tree. in 6. They aren’t go to school on Saturday. don’t
verbs Most verbs
Verbs ending - y + ies in a consonant +y Verbs ending + es in ch, sh, ss or x
Use the information to complete the questions. 1. ____ Sandy and Kitty enjoy listening to Do music? Yes, they do ___________. 2. ________ Millie like swimming? Does _______________. No, she doesn’t
3. ______ Amy enjoy reading? Does _____________. Yes, she does 4. _______ Simon like walking? Does _____________. No, he doesn’t 5. ______ Simon and Daniel love Do drawing? No, they don’t _____________.
Complete Daniel and Simon’s conversation with the correct forms of the verbs in brackets.
Do play Daniel: Hi, Simon. _____ you ______ (play) football at weekends? play Simon: Of course. I often ______ (play) football with my cousins.
Do Daniel: _____ your parentsgo _____ (go) with you? Simon: No, they don’t. But my dad sometimes watches(watch) our _______ reads games. Sometimes he _______ (read) at home. My mum often _______ (shop) at weekends. What shops about you, Daniel? Daniel: I often ______ (stay) at home. stay go Sometimes I ____ (go) swimming with my dad.
1. He watches TV every Sunday.
Does he watch TV every Sunday?
Yes, he does. 2. I do my homework every evening. (改成
I don’t do my homework every evening?
Yes, I do.
1. Mr. Green comes from Shanghai.
Does Mr. Green come from Shanghai?
Where does Mr. Green come from? 2. Mr. Green is from Shanghai .
Is Mr. Green from Shanghai?
Where is Mr. Green from?
do a lot of homework every day.
Do they do a lot of homework every day? Yes, they do.
2. They are my new classmates. (同上)
Are they your new classmates? Yes, they are.
3. He flies to Beijing. (改为否定句)
He doesn’t fly to Beijing.
4. I am from Nanjing. (同上)
I am not from Nanjing.
1. Whatdo you _____ ? (write) ____ writ e drive 2. Does your driver _____ you to ____ school in your own car? (drive)
3. Whodo you _____ phone calls to ___ make on the way to school? (make) 4. When ___ you _____ your do finish homework? (finish)
5. What do you ______ at dinner? ___ discuss (discuss) 6. When do you ___ to bed? (go) ___ go
7. Do you ______ Computer Club ___ attend after school? (attend) 8. Do youhave violin lessons once ___ _____ a week? (have)
Quiz II. A) 请根据句意，用括号内所给单词的 适当形式填空。 1. I usually go (go) to school on foot. ___ 2. You ___ (be) always my best friend. are plays 3. Tom often ______ (play) basketball with his classmates after school. 4. All these childrencome (come) from ____ Sichuan Province.
B) 请根据汉语句子意思，完成英语 句子，每空词数不限。 5. 我不喜欢摇滚音乐。 I _________ rock music. don’t like 6. 那些男孩子个子不高。 Those boys _______________ tall. aren’t / are not
7. 玛丽家离学校不远。 Mary’s home ___________ far away isn’t / is not from school. 8. 他没有兄弟姐妹，是独生子。 He doesn’t have / does not have any ________________________ sisters or brothers. He is an only child.
C)请根据句意，从括号中选择适当的 单词填空。 Are 9. ____ (is, are) Millie and Simon good at English? 10. Is (is, are) his hair long and black? __ 11. _____ (do, does) your brother __ (do, Does d does) morning exercises every day? o 12. Do (do, does) youlive (live, lives) ___ ___ close to each other?
? To preview Integrated skills on Page 25 ? To think about your activities after school ? To preview Study skills on Page 27
1. Review the grammar part again. 2. What do you like to do after school? Write them down. Use the simple present tense of the verb to do.