1. It’s time to go home./ to play computer games./ for school. 是回家/玩电子游戏/上学的时候了。
2. Smoking is bad for your health. 抽烟不利于你的健康。
To walk is good for your health. 散步有益健康。
3. It’s kind of you to help me. 你帮助我真好心。
nice /good /right /wrong/ clever/ foolish/ polite/ careless.
4. It took me half an hour to fall asleep/get to sleep last night. 昨天夜里我花了半个小时才入睡。
It cost him￥1000 to buy the air ticket from Lhasa to Hohhot. 从拉萨到呼和浩特的飞机票花了他一千元。
5. She spent a lot of money on clothes. 她花很多钱买衣服。
She spent a lot of time (in) surfing. 她花很多时间玩冲浪。
He paid $10 for the book.== The book cost him $10.
He bought the book for $10.
6. What’s the price of it? == How much is it?
==How much does it cost? == How much should I pay for it/spend on it?
7. You’d better put away all your clothes./go over your homework again./ read more books.
(’d better = had better)
8. I want to know what’s wrong /the matter/the trouble with the animal?
I want to know if you can tell me which is the way to ...
9. I’d like to go there on foot. / by bus.
Would you like him to make a phone call to you?
10. The children can’t wait to open their presents.
11. Let’s hurry so that we can get there before supper.
My father lives so far away that we hardly see him.
He walked such a long way that he felt pretty tired.
12. Tom made such a noise that his sister told him to be quiet.
His idea was such a good one that we all agreed to use it.
13. The harder you work , the higher marks you’ll get. 你学习越努力，你的成绩就越好。
The more we get together, the happier we will be.
Our school is getting more and more beautiful.
We work harder and harder to get good grades.
14. Don’t be late for /come late to the concert. 去听音乐会可别迟到了。
15. He enjoys reading in bed.
She kept on working although she was tired. 她虽然累了，但仍然继续工作。
They are busy getting ready for the party. 他们正忙着为聚会作准备。
16. He often tells me not to play a joke on the old people. 他经常告戒我不要和老年人开玩笑。
Miss Gao told me not to be late for class.
17. I heard someone shout “ Fire!” and then I heard people running and shouting.
18. They made us play football in the rain.
The medicine will make you better.
19. The girl is too young to get married. =The girl is so young that she can’t get married.
He was too tired to walk any farther/further. = He was so tired that he couldn’t’ walk any farther/ further.
20. He is not only(both) a writer but also(and) an actor.
He is not only the pride of the people in Hainan , but also the pride of people all over the world.
21. I prefer trains to buses.
He prefers traveling by train to sitting in a bus.
22. Neither she nor I failed the history exam. 她和我历史考试都没有不及格。
He will come back either this Sunday or Saturday.
The uneducated people was either unable to do it or do it badly. 未受教育的人要么不能做要么做得很差。
Either book is cheap.== Either of the two books is cheap. 这两本书任何一本都是便宜的。
23.He waited until his father came back home. 他一直等到把爸爸回来为止。
The TV play didn’t start until (it was) ten o’clock last night. 昨天夜里电视剧十点钟才开始。
=It was not until ten o’clock that the TV play started.= Not until ten o’clock did the TV play start.
24. Stop making so much noise.
We stopped (walking) to have lunch in a village pub.
25. It’s dangerous (for you) to drive so fast. （你）车开得这么快是危险的。
It’s impossible for him to work out this math problem.
I found it impossible to work out this math problem.
We find it not easy / difficult to search the Internet./get on-line. 我们发现上网不是很容易的。
26. He showed me his new suit. / He showed his new suit to me . 他向我展示他的新服装。（两种方法）
She bought a new dress for me.== She bought me a new dress. 她给我买了一件连衣裙。
27. What/How about having a rest? / (having) a try?
What about going scuba diving deep into the sea.?
28. Why not make friends with him?
29. It’s better to make up your mind.
It’s best for people to wear silk clothes in summer. 在夏季最好穿丝绸衣服。
30. Your cake is as delicious as mine.
He doesn’t run so / as fast as you.
31. He often helps me with my Chinese.
He often helps me (to) do the homework.
We must help protect the environment
32. What do you think of the novel? == How do you like the novel?
33. Don’t forget to post the letter on your way home. 别忘了在你回家的路上把这封信寄了。
Did you remember to send your mother a birthday card last week? 上星期你没有忘记给你母亲寄生日卡吧？
I’ll never forget seeing the girl for the first time. 我将终生难忘初次见到那位姑娘的情景。
I’ll always remember receiving such a special present.
34. We are proud of what you’ve done.
We are proud of our city.== We take pride in our city. 我们为我们的城市感到自豪。
35. He was soon able to sit up and read. 他很快就能坐起来看书了。
She is still unable to read English freely now. 她现在仍然不能流畅地读英语。
You will be able to use English all over the world.
36. There is a boy swimming in the river, isn’t there? 河里有个孩子在游泳，是吗？
There was no machine allowing a person to breathe under water for a long time, was there?
There will be beautiful sunshine/heavy rain tomorrow, won’t there?
There is something wrong with it/ him, isn’t there? 他有些毛病，是吗？
There is nothing serious/much wrong with it/her, is there? 她没什么大毛病，是吗？
There is a book and two pens on the desk , isn’t there? 桌上有一本书和两支钢笔，是吗？
There stands a round table in the middle of the room, doesn’t there?
There lived an old man long ago in the village, didn’t there? 很久以前村里住着一位老人，是吗？
37. It’s a pity that you didn’t come to the party. 你没来参加聚会真是个遗憾。
What great fun it is swimming / to swim in the sea! 在海中游泳多有趣啊！
How important it is for us to master a foreign lauguage! 对我们来说掌握一门外语多重要啊！
How lucky she was to have such a beautiful ring!
38. Mother found Tom (to be) a very clever boy.
39.The coat washes well. 这个大衣很好洗。
The book sells well. 这种书很畅销。
His meat looks good and sells well. 他的肉看起来好也很畅销。
40.He was made to work ten hours a day. 他被强迫一天工作12小时。
He was seen to come to the museum.
41. He had his hair cut yesterday. 他昨天剪了头发。
He had his pictures taken in the park.the other day.
He let his car washed the day before yesterday.
42. We will leave Turfan for Tibet next week. 下周我们将离开吐蕃去西藏。
Don’t leave anything behind.
The old man died without leaving anything to his sons. 老人死后没留下任何东西给他儿子。
He left his notebook at home. 他把笔记本忘在家里了。
There is little / no time left for us.==We have little / no time left. 我们剩下没多少时间了。
Leave the door open when you go out.
43.We have no time/right/chance to do sth.
44.You don’t need to/needn’t buy anything if you don’t need it.
45.We can do nothing but wait.
We had no choice but to fight.
46.Would/Could/Will you please (not) turn on the radio?
Would you mind (not) turning on the radio?
47.What did you hit him for? == Why did you hit him?
48.Best wishes to sb for sth.
Good luck to sb for sth.
Wish you a happy birthday. Wish you good luck.
49.English is a bridge to so much knowledge.
50.Shanghai is larger than any city in India.
Shanghai is larger than any other city in China.
51.She asked us to help ourselves to some fish.
He asked his car to be washed every day.
52.The number of the students is over 5000./ still increasing. 学生的数量已超过5000 / 仍在增长。
53. He didn’t pass the ball often enough.
He is not tall enough to reach the apples on the trees.
54. Even though he studied hard, he still failed (in) the final-examination.
Because there was too much traffic, he didn’t come on time. = Because of the heavy traffic, he didn’t come on time.
55.John is the cleverer of the two boys.
Lucy is the taller of the twins.
Mother is the busier of the parents.
56.I can hardly think of / remember his name, can I? 我几乎不能想起他的名字，是吗？
There is hardly any cloud in the sky, is there?
57. I was deeply moved by the moving film “Titanic”.
He was amazed/surprised at the amazing/surprising colors.
Everyone was excited about the exciting news.
He became interested in the interesting stamps.
58.The teacher spoke highly of his spoken English. 老师高度赞扬他的英语口语。
He always thinks more of others than of himself.
Edison thought more of a person who has one idea and makes it work than of
a person who has a thousand ideas but doesn’t do anything about them.
59. Climbing Mount Tai is one of my most unforgettable experiences.
60. I’ll be back tomorrow if it doesn’t rain hard.
Even if/though I have no money, I will still go there. 虽然我没有钱，我还是会去那儿。
61. Not all sharks are alike. 并非所有的鲨鱼都是一样相像的。
Not everyone likes sandwiches.
All the students aren’t hard-working.
Both of my parents aren’t doctors. 我的父母不都是医生。
62. I don’t know where to go / when to leave/what to do /how to do it/which one to buy.
63. He is not a thief any longer.== He is no longer a thief. 他不再是贼了。
Bethoven didn’t say any more.== Bethoven said no more. 贝多芬不再说话了。
64. It seemed to him that he didn’t enjoyed himself at the party. 似乎他在聚会上玩得不开心。
It seems to rain.=It seems that it’s going to rain. 天似乎要下雨了。
She seemed (to be) rather worried. 她似乎相当着急。
65.Which sport/season do you like best/most?
What is your favourite food/sport?
66. Everyone is here except Jim.
Besides Jim, all the other students went there.