1. loudly A. door or gate
2. entrance B. more than
3. dishonest C. in a loud voice
4. over D. not honest
5. boring E. uninteresting
6. He is getting ________ to hear the ________ words.
A. boring; boring B. bored; boring C. bored; bored D. boring; bored
7. I think Maths is ________ of all my subjects.
A. much difficult one B. difficult one C. most difficult one D. the most difficult one
8. Li Ming spends a lot of time ________ some sports every day.
A. on doing B. do C. to do D. in doing
9. We will climb the hill if it ________ tomorrow.
A. doesn't rain B. won't rain C. not rains D. is not going to rain
10. It rained; ________ the football match was postponed (延期).
A. because B. or C. therefore D. but
11. Can I have something ________ (drink)?
12. How far ________ John ________(live) from his school?
13. What ________ he (do) next Sunday?
14. Many soldiers ________ (lose) their lives in that battle (战役).
15. I heard them ________(sing) the popular song in the next room.
16. a. Why not go there by bike?
b.________ ________ ________ there by bike?
17 a. I like playing volleyball best.
b. Volleyball is ________ ________ ________.
18. a. Get up quickly, and you can catch the early bus.
b. ________ you ________ ________ ________ quickly, you will miss the early bus.
Will you please ________ the bedroom ________me?
Can you give me ________ ________ ________ how to learn English?
We always ________ ________ ________ ________ talking to each other.
American English is quite ________ ________ British English.
23.Lucy and Lily like living in China. (改成一般疑问句)
24. He likes drinking a glass of milk every morning. (改成否定句)
He ________ __________ drinking a glass of milk every morning.
25．I am going to have driving lessons.（变一般疑问句）
26. Shall we travel to the World Pak? （作肯定回答）
27. I think he will join our party this evening.(改为否定句)
I ____________________________ this evening.
28. He is not as tall as I. （同义句改写）
I am _______ than he.
April Fools' Day is on April 1st. People can play jokes on others on this special day. If you succeed, you usually laugh and say "April Fool!" The person fooled by you laughs too, and he will not be angry with you.
Mother's Day is on the second Sunday of May. It's a day to thank mothers. On that day mothers usually get flowers and cards from their children. Fathers and children do the housework so that mothers can have a good rest.
Easter Day falls on the first Sunday after the full moon which is on or after March 21st. It's also called Easter Sunday. It is said that on that day Jesus Christ comes back to life. Many people go to church and children often get presents such as toy rabbits.
Thanksgiving Day is on the fourth Thursday in November. It's a day when people give thanks for the good things in life. Usually families get together and have a big dinner.
Christmas Day comes on December 25th. It's the most important festival in a year. The
beautiful things are everywhere. People exchange presents, send Christmas cards and visit friends.
29. You can play jokes on others on April Fools'Day.
30. Mother's Day is on the second Saturday in May.
31. Easter Day is always on March 21st.
32. People usually have a big dinner with their families on Thanksgiving Day.
33. Fathers must do the housework on Mother's Day.