1. This kind of apple tastes _____and sells _____.
A. well; well B. good; good C. good; well D. well; good
2. ----Mum, I want to buy this dictionary. It is good but not too _____.
----Let me see. It is really a useful dictionary. And the price is ____. Ok, I will buy it for you.
A. high; low B. expensive; cheap C. high; cheap D. expensive; low
3. The old lady lives _____, but she never feels _____.
A. alone; lonely B. alone; alone C. lonely; alone D. lonely; lonely
4. ---Did you find the small village yesterday?
----Yes, without any difficulty, for it has _____changed over years.
A. hardly B. greatly C. clearly D. nearly
5. Is this a photo of your daughter? She looks _____in the pink dress!
A. lovely B. quietly C. politely D. happily
6. This match made them _______at last.
A. happily B. quickly C. slowly D. friendly
7. I find joining the English club _____because it has improved my speaking skills quickly.
A. exciting B. boring C. relaxing D. frustrating
8. ----Don’t you think it _____for us to read every day?
----Yeah, reading can make us knowledgeable.
A. important B. popular C. strange D. possible
9. We will have a field trip this afternoon. The news makes everyone ______.
A. excited B. frightened C. happily D. luckily
10. ----Peter has good grades in all his subjects, but he never shows off.
----I agree. He is very _____.
A. easy-going B. imaginative C. modest D. generous
★★★★★1C 2D 3A 4A 5A 6D 7A 8A 9A 10C★★★★★
11. ----Hello! Golden Sun Hotel. Can I help you?
----Do you have a room _____for this weekend?
A. available B. useful C. empty D. possible
12. ----We all like Miss Wang.
----I agree with you. She always makes her classes______.
A. interested B. interest C. interesting
13. Chinese people were cheering at the most ______moment when Liu Xiang broke the word record.
A. excited B. to excite C. excite D. exciting
14. They look _____because they are twins.
A. same B. likely C. alike D. like
15. ----I’m really _____before the competition.
-----Take it easy. I’m sure you are the best.
A. cool B. serious C. nervous D. patient
16. Mary used to eat fast food. But now she _____eats them. So she is becoming much healthier
A. usually B. often C. seldom D. always
17. Last weekend many people went to the concert, _____young people.
A. hardly B. probably C. mostly D. really
18. ----Bob is ____late for school.
A. always B. almost C. ever D. never
19. My father bought a new jacket for me .But it is _______too expensive.
A. very B. quite C. so D. a lot
20. Lucy doesn’t like cotton blouses, Lily doesn’t like, _______.
A. either B. too C. neither D. also
★★★★★11A 12C 13D 14C 15C 16A 17C 18D 19D 20A★★★★★
21We can’t see _____birds in the sky.
A. some B. any C. not…any
22. Would you like ____bananas, please?
A. some B. any C. another D. much
23. There isn’t ____water here, Could you get ____for me?
A. some; some B. any; any C. some; any D. any; some
24. ----Could I have _____eggs please, mum.
----Sorry, we don’t have ____these days.
A. some; any B. any, some C. some, some D. any, any
25. There isn’t ___paper in the box .Will you go and get ____for us?
A. some, much B. any, many C. any, much D. any, some
26. Mrs Smith has a cute baby. It often smiles at people ______.
A. friendly B. lovely C. happily D. lively
27. ---I often laugh when I see my grandma learning pop songs. But she says, “One is never ____old to learn.”
A. too B. so C. very D. quite
28. The match was really fantastic, _____when Smith scored in the last minute.
A. probably B. exactly C. especially D. mostly
29. ----Ms Lin is very popular among the students.
----Yes. Her classes are _____lively and interesting.
A. always B. sometimes C. hardly D. never
30. He said he would come to see us _____the next afternoon.
A. sometime B. some time C. sometimes D. some times
★★★★★21B 22A 23D 24A 25D 26C 27A 28C 29A 30A★★★★★
31. ---We are free this afternoon. Let’s go to play computer games.
---Well, I think I’d better watch an English program_____.
A. too B. either C. then D. instead
31. It’s almost impossible for _____few people to do _____much work in _____a short time.
A. so; so; so B. so; so; such C. such; such; such D. such; such; so
32. Can you imagine that _____little ants can carry _____many big worms?
A. so; so B. such; such C. such; so D. so; such
33. ---Whose T-shirt is this?
----It ____be John’s. It’s ____small for him.
A. can’t; much too B. can’t; too much C. mustn’t; much too D. mustn’t; too much
34. ----____do you play football?
----_____Once a week.
A. How much B. How long C. How often D. How far
35. -----_____do you watch TV every week?
----Less than two hours. I often have much homework to do
A. How many B. How much C. How often D. How often
36. ----_____will you be away?
----In a couple of weeks.
A. How much B. How soon C. How long D. How often
37.The light in the room wasn’t _____for me to read.
A. enough bright B. brightly enough C. enough brightly D. bright enough
38. ---Is there _____in today’s menu?
---Yes. We have Beijing Duck.
A. anything special B. special anything C. nothing special D. special nothing
39.Guo Yue did quite _____at the World Table Tennis Championship(锦标赛)，but Zhang Yining did even _____.
A. better; well B. well; well C. well; better D. better; better
40. Listening is just as _____as speaking in language learning.
A. important B. more important C. most important D. the most important
★★★★★31D 31B 32C 33A 34C 35D 36B 37D 38A 39C 40A★★★★★
41---How are you feeling today?
-----Much _____. I can go to school next week.
A. good B. better C. best D. well
42. The picture on the right is _____ of the three.
A. more beautiful than B. very beautiful C. the most beautiful
43. Now telephones are very popular and they are much _____than before.
A. cheap B. cheaper C. cheapest D. the cheapest
44. ---What do you think of the dress?
---Wonderful. I don’t think I can find a ____one.
A. good B. better C. bad D. worst
45. (1) David is taller than ________in his class.
A. all the other girls B. any other girl C. any girl D. any other girls
(2) David is taller than ________in his class.
A. all the other boys B. any other boy C. any boy D. any other boys
46. Though your sister is ____of you two, she is fatter than _____in her class.
A. thinner; anybody B. the thinner; any other girl
C. the thinner; all the girls D. thinner; any of the other girls
47. The more you smile, the ____you will feel.
A. happy B. happier C. happily D. more happily
48. “As middle school students, we should study hard for the future.” “I think so. _____we study now, _____future we’ll have”
A. The hard; the good B. The hardest; the best C. The harder; the better
49. The car is running _____. It seems to be flying.
A. more and faster B. more and fastest C. fast and fast D. faster and faster
50. I’d like to know if Lin Tao is the second _______boy in his class.
A. tall B. taller C. tallest D. the tallest
★★★★★41B 42C 43B 44B 45C B 46B 47B 48C 49D 50C★★★★★
52. China has ______population in the world.
A. bigger B. larger C. the biggest D. the largest
53. My ____sister who works in the bank is two years _____than I.
A. older; elder B. elder; older C. elder; elder D. younger; older
54. ----Jenny said hello to everyone _____. She looks much than her brother
A. polite; more polite B. politely; more polite
C. more politely; polite D. politely; more politely
55._____we plant, _____our city will be.
A. The more trees; the beautiful B. The less trees; the more beautiful
C. The more trees; the more beautiful D. The less trees; the beautiful
56. ----Where did you go last month?
-----I went to Guangzhou, one of _____in China.
A. lively city B. livelier city C. the liveliest city D. the liveliest cities
57. ----Do you think it is _____city in China?
----Yes, I think so.
A. the bigger B. biggest C. third biggest D. the third biggest
★★★★★52D 53B 54B 55C 56D 57D ★★★★★
1C 2D 3A 4A 5A 6D 7A 8A 9A 10C 11A 12C 13D 14C 15C 16A 17C 18D 19D 20A 21B 22A 23D 24A 25D 26C 27A 28C 29A 30A 31D 31B 32C 33A 34C 35D 36B 37D 38A 39C 40A 41B 42C 43B 44B 45C B 46B 47B 48C 49D 50C 52D 53B 54B 55C 56D 57D