1. ----Sorry, Miss White. I’m late because my bike was broken.
----can’t you _____a better excuse than that?
A. cheer up B. clean up C. put up D. think up
2. ----Mum, can I leave my homework for tomorrow?
-----I’m afraid not. Don’t _____what you can do today till tomorrow.
A. put on B. put down C. put up D. put off
3. Lucy, could you please help me _____the map on the blackboard?
A. put into B. put up C. put out D. put on
4. Good news! We will _____an English play in our school this evening
A. put up B. put off C. put on D. put down
5. ----_____your sweater_____, please.
----Ok, but there is no room in this clothes bag.
A. put; up B. put; down C. put; away D. put; on
6. The flight to Guangzhou had to be _____because of the heavy snow.
A. put up B. put away C. put off D. put down
7. It’s cold outside. _____your sweater, please.
A. Put on B. Put C. Wear D. To wear
8. Tom, it’s very hot. You’d better _____your coat.
A. put on B. put down C. take off D. try on
9. Many girls would like to ____skirts in summer.
A. put on B. dress C. have D. wear
10. ----This shirt is nice. Would you like to _____?
-----Sure. I’d like to.
A. try out it B. try it out C. try on it D. try it on
★★★★★ 1D 2D 3B 4C 5C 6C 7A 8C 9D 10D ★★★★★
11. The plane will _____from Beijing Capital Airport and land in London.
A. take up B. take out C. take away D. take off
12. While travelling to Canada, you should give yourself a day to _____the time and know the way nearly.
A. used to B. be used to C. use to
13. They are going to _____a hospital to help poor people.
A. write down B. hand out C. set up
14. I find time _____very quickly when I do something interesting.
A. goes out B. goes by C. goes off
15. I hated my new school at first, but I made lots of friends and now I _____it.
A. get B. take C. fit D. love
16. Lots of people in our city _____the old and they usually offer their seats to the old on buses.
A. agree with B. worry about C. laugh at D. care for
17. This silk dress _____so smooth. It’ made in China.
A. tastes B. smells C. sounds D. feels
18. Hi, Mum. Have you cooked fish for dinner? I can ____it.
A. taste B. smell C. feel D. touch
19. The food here smells good, but what does it _____like?
A. taste B. touch C. seem D. feel
20. Your homework is well done. Just ____some small mistakes in it.
A. create B. connect C. correct D. control
★★★★★11D 12B 13C 14B 15C 16D 17D 18B 19A 20C★★★★★
21. There ____many students in the library after school every day.
A. has B. have C. is D. are
22. ----It’s said that aliens tried to warn the astronauts on the moon to ____.
----Maybe they didn’t like human beings to get close to them.
A. stay up B. stay out C. stay away D. stay behind
23. ----My spoken English is poor. What shall I do?
----Join an English language club to practice, and you’ll ____it.
A. be good at B. drop in C. deal with
24. The Earth Buildings of Nanjing are so fantastic that they _____lots of tourists every year.
A. attract B. allow C. attack D. attend
25. My pet dog sometimes makes lots of noise and ____me when I do my homework.
A. shows B. disturbs C. remembers D. refuses
26. I like spring. We can go outside and _____nature.
A. feel B. return C. study D. enjoy
27. ----Do you still have a headache, Bill?
----No, it’s____. I’m all right now, Mum.
A. dropped B. ran C. left D. gone
28. The classroom was so dirty. I decided _____.
A. clean it up B. to clean it up C. clean up it
29.----Shall I take you to the shopping mall after work?
----No, thanks. My father said he would _____there on his way home.
A. look for me B. pick me up C. let me down D. take after me
30. Karin found some waste paper on the floor. She _____it _____and threw it into the dustbin.
A. put; up B. picked; up C. turned; up D. looked; up
★★★★★21D 22C 23A 24A 25B 26D 27D 28B 29B 30B★★★★★
31. Rebuilding in Yushu began soon after the earthquake, and it will ______long into the future.
A. reach B. keep C. stop D. lost
32. Taiwan is part of China. We _____the same history and culture.
A. explain B. express C. connect D. share
33. -----Excuse me, when does Flight CZ3391 take off?
-----One moment, please. I’ll ____it _____.
A. look; up B. take; away C. give; back D. turn; down
34. Amy, I’ll be on holiday for a week. Could you help me _____my dog?
A. look for B. look at C. look after D. look over
35. ----What’s the police station number?
----I don’t know. Please _____in the telephone book.
A. look it over B. look it up C. look at it D. look for it
36. The girl has a round face and big eyes, and she______her mother.
A. looks for B. looks at C. looks like D. looks over
37. The doctor ______the old man carefully and found something wrong with him.
A. looked at B. looked up C. looked over D. looked for
38. Please ______before you cross the road.
A. look up B. look yourself C. look around D. look again
39. I _____my ruler everywhere this morning, but I couldn’t find it.
A. looked for B. looked at C. looked up D. looked out
40. I would rather send e-mails to my friends than go to visit them. It _____time.
A. keeps B. takes C. saves D. needs
★★★★★31B 32D 33A 34C 35B 36C 37C 38C 39A 40C★★★★★
41. -----The windows are broken and need to be repaired.
-----I think so. They can hardly _____the cold now.
A. keep out B. give out C. take out D. put out
42The teacher asked the students to _____a story about a trip to the moon.
A. get up B. turn up C. clean up D. make up.
43. I am greatly interested in this painting. Something in it _____the painter’s deep love for nature.
A. expresses B. discusses C. expects D. imagines
44. I can hardly hear what it is saying on TV. Would you please ______?
A. turn it up B. turn it down C. turn it on D. turn it off
45. -----Would you please ______the TV a little ?
-----Terribly sorry. I will.
A. turn down B. turn up C. turn on D. turn off
46. If it is dark, _____the lights, please.
A. pick up B. look at C. turn on D. play with
47. My clock doesn’t ______. Can you mend it for me?
A. use B. move C. walk D. work
48. We can’t do listening practice today, for Miss Zhao’s tape-recorder doesn’t ____.
A. act B. do C. serve D. work
49. Sorry, Miss Wang. I ____the key to the door of the classroom at home. I have to go back for it.
A. left B. missed C. forgot D. lost
50. ----I’m sorry I ____my homework at home.
-----That’s all right. Don’t forget _____it to school this afternoon.
A. forget; to take B. forget; to bring C. left; to take D. left; to bring
★★★★★41A 42D 43A 44A 45A 46C 47D 48D 49A 50D ★★★★★
51. The museum is between the post office and the hospital. You can’t ____it.
A. fail B. drop C. lose D. miss
52. The football team played well, but they didn’t _____the competition.
A. score B. do C. succeed D. win
53. After we _____them, we ____the last match.
A. beat; beat B. won; beat C. beat; won D. win; won
54. The flowers start to _____in spring.
A. come in B. come out C. come from D. come to
55. “Get a ladder, please. I can’t ____” Jim said in a tall tree.
A. come back B. come out C. come down D. come over
56. The bus is coming. Be careful when you _____the bus.
A. get on B. get off C. get up D. get to
57.----Excuse me. Where’s the Science Museum?
----Take No.3 bus and _____at the fourth stop.
A. get on B. get off C. get up D. get to
58. I can’t _____from the tree. Can you help me?
A. get to B. get down C. get up D. get on
59. We also learn how to _____well with others at school.
A. get to B. get on C. get down D. get up
60. Miss Li told the children to walk one after another. She didn’t want them to _____in the park.
A. get wrong B. get away C. get lost D. get ready
★★★★★51D 52D 53C 54B 55C 56A 57B 58B 59B 60C★★★★★
61. Please write to me as soon as you _____Shanghai.
A. arrive B. reach C. got to D. come
62. They all ____me good luck in the new year.
A. hope B. want C. wish D. like
63. We often _____newspapers in the morning.
A. read B. look C. see D. watch
64. How many boats can you _____in the picture?
A. see B. look C. watch D. look at
65.If you don’t feel very well, I’ll take you to _____the doctor.
A. see B. watch C. look D. look at
66. Which TV programme would you like to _____best, Anne?
A. read B. look C. watch D. see
67.He took out his watch to _____at the time.
A. see B. watch C. look D. find
68. How can you ____if you are not _____.
A. listen’ hearing B. listen to, hearing C. hear, listening to D. hear, listening
69. Jack like to _____others but never writes to them.
A. hear of B. hear about C. hear from D. hear
70. I have _____my parents, and now I’m answering it.
A. heard of B. heard from C. heard D. heard about
★★★★★61B62C 63A 64A 65A 66C 67C 68D 69C 70B★★★★★
71. We listened but could not ____clearly. So we had to ask the speaker to speak louder.
A. hear B. hear of C. hear from D. hear about
72. My friend is from Canada. He _____both English and French.
A. says B. speaks C . tells D. talks
73.----Will you please _____us a story ,Miss Gao?
----Ok, Shall I ______it in English or in Chinese?
A. tell, speak B. talk, speak C. tell, say D. talk, say
74. It’s very nice of you to _____me about it.
A. tell B. say C. speak D. talk
75. ----Does your father often _____to you?
-----Yes, but he always ____the same words “study hard, my son”
A. talk, says B. speak, talks C. talk, tells D. say, says
76. She and her classmates often ____to each other in English.
A. talk B. say C. speak D. tell
77. Tom likes English. He often _____it with his classmates.
A. says B. speaks C. tells D. talks
78. Mr. Green _____me that he can ____it in Chinese.
A. tells, speaks B. tells, say C. says, speak D. talks, say
79. Would you please _____us some paper when you come?
A. carry B. bring C. take D. keep
80. _____away the old book and _____me that new one.
A. Bring; bring B. Bring; take C. Take; take D. Take; bring
★★★★★71A 72B 73C 74A 75A 76A 77D 78B 79B 80D★★★★★
81. ----Can I ____your bike?
-----With pleasure. But you mustn’t _____it to others.\
A. lend; borrow B. borrow; lend C. carry; lend D. borrow; keep
82. ----How long may I _____this book?
-----No more than three weeks.
A. borrow B. keep C. lend D. had
83. I _____this book for two weeks. I have to return it now.\
A. borrow B. have borrowed C. kept D. have kept
84. I like listening to music on the radio, but I can’t ___much time ____it.
A. pay, for B. spend, on C. cost, listening to D. take, in
85..My parents _____about 1000 Yuan for my school education each year.
A. spend B. take C. cost D. pay
86. This pair of shoes ____me 50 Yuan.
A. spent B. paid C. cost D. took
87. It _____me about a quarter to go to school on foot every day.
A. pays B. spends C. costs D. takes
88. ----I’m sorry. I can’t find the library book.
----I’m afraid you have to ____it.
A. send for B. call for C. pay for D. wait for
★★★★★81B 82B 83D 84B 85D 86C 87D 88C★★★★★
1D 2D 3B 4C 5C 6C 7A 8C 9D 10D 11D 12B 13C 14B 15C 16D 17D 18B 19A 20C 21D 22C 23A 24A 25B 26D 27D 28B 29B 30B 31B 32D 33A 34C 35B 36C 37C 38C 39A 40C 41A 42D 43A 44A 45A 46C 47D 48D 49A 50D 51D 52D 53C 54B 55C 56A 57B 58B 59B 60C 61B62C 63A 64A 65A 66C 67C 68D 69C 70B 71A 72B 73C 74A 75A 76A 77D 78B 79B 80D 81B 82B 83D 84B 85D 86C 87D 88C