英 语 试 题
(满分：120分 考试时间：120分钟) 命题： 凤山中学 张慧娟
1. A. In a bookstore. B. In a classroom. C. In a library. 2. A. Shy. B. Outgoing. C. Athletic. 3. A. By 7: 00 am. B. By 6: 40 am. C. By 7: 20 am. 4. A. By listening to tapes. B. By reading the textbook. C. By watching English-language TV. 5. A. The TV. B. The mouse. C. The cat. 6. A. Three. B. Two. C. One. 7. A. She didn’t go to the concert. B. The concert was wonderful. C. The concert was terrible. 8. A. Peter. B. Anna. C. Bob. 9. A. The USA. B. Australia. C. France. 第二节 （共16小题；每小题1分，满分16分）
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后面有几个小题，从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题5秒钟；听完后，各题将给出5秒钟的答题时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第10段材料，回答第10、11小题。 10. When did Jane work as a volunteer? A. On Children’s Day. B. On Old People’s Day. C. On National Day. 11. What didn’t Jane and Sally volunteer to do last weekend? A. Clean the rooms. B. Tell jokes. C. Sing songs. 听第11段材料，回答第12—14小题。 12. What is the name of the new book? A. How to Use the Internet. B. How to Make the Waste Useful . C. How to Become a Good Language Learner. 13. Where did Helen get the mobile phone? A. In Korea. B. In a store. C. On the Internet. 14. What kind of movie will they watch? A. A science fiction movie. B. An action movie. C. A comedy. 听第12段材料，回答第15—17小题。 15. Who will take part in the activity? A. Michael and Maria’s class. B. Michael’s class and Maria. C. Michael and Maria. 16. How will Maria go to the beach? A. By bus. B. On foot. C. By bike. 17. Where will Maria have lunch?
A. In the restaurant near the beach. ```B. At home. C. On the beach. 听第13段材料，回答第18—21小题。 18. Where does Jenny work?
A. In a clothing shop. B. In a train station. C. In a travel agency.（旅行社） 19. Why doesn’t the man want to go to Shanghai? A. Because the weather is not good. B. Because it’s not a safe place.
C. Because the local people are not friendly. 20. What can the man do in Beijing? A. Eat delicious food. B. Visit old friends. C. Enjoy beautiful leaves when climbing mountains. 21. When will the man come back? A. On October 1st. B. On October 7th. C. On October 10th. 听第14段材料，回答第22—25小题。 22. How old is Mr. Black’s daughter now? A. Five. B. Six. C. Seven. 23. What was the weather like on that day? A. Rainy. B. Sunny. C. Windy. 24. Which of the following is true?
A. Mr. Black spent an hour shopping in the supermarket.
B. Mr. Black said “Goodbye, Mom” as the old lady was leaving. C. The food Mr. Black bought cost 220 yuan. 25. Who is dishonest(不诚实的) in the story? A. Mr. Black. B. The clerk. C. The old woman. 二、语言知识运用（共二节，计35分）
A) 从A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出与所给句子划线部分意义相同或相近并能代替的那一项。26. —I hope to travel into space one day.
—you don’t give up. A. come true B. succeed C. complete D. realize 27. He doesn’A. make…disappointed B. make…happy C. let…angry D. make…worried 28. —My son is often nervous about big tests.
—Before each test you can tell him that it’A. be relaxed B. be energetic C. be creative D. be confident 29. ——That’s great. A. thought over B. thought of C. thought about D. think up 30. __ We’ll go to a movie tomorrow
— , shall we go together ? A. Me , too B. Me , neither C. So I will D. So do I B) 从A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 31. .- May I watch TV for a while ?
- No, you ______ . You have to finish your homework first . A. shouldn’t B. needn’t C. mustn’t D . won’t
32. —In our school, a student called Carla always __________ her seat to old people on the bus.
—What a kind girl! A. shows B. offers C. sends D. leaves 33. —Are you __________ to go to movies with friends on Friday nights?
—Yes, but I have to be home __________ 10:00 pm. A. agree; at B. allow; by C. allowed; by D. asked, until 34. —That T-shirt with Yao Ming’s picture on it _______ belong to David. He admires him a lot.
—No, it _________ be his. He hates black. A. can; can’t B. may; needn’t C. must; mustn’t D. must; can’t 35. —Where’s Mary gone ? I __________ her in the last few days ..
—I don’t know, either. A. don’t see B. haven’t seen C. won’t see D. am not seeing 36. —This movie doesn’t _________ me as much. I am _________ in movies that are scary.
—So am I. I also like comedies. A. interest; interested B. interesting; interesting C. interested; interested D. interest; interesting
37. —__________ you failed the English test again, your parents would not be happy.
—I know that. I will try my best. A. While B. Unless C. If D. Whether 38. —Steve Jobs, the CEO of the Apple, died __________ the afternoon of October 5th, 2011.
—What a great pity! A. in B. during C. on D. at 39. —I _____ stay at home ____ go out for a movie .
--Oh , but I prefer to go out .
A. should , rather than B. would rather , than C. prefer , rather than D. prefer , to 40. —You look unhappy , what’s wrong with her ?
—It seems that he has some trouble ______ a problem . A. solve B. solving C. to solve D. solved 41. —Your hair is too long, and you should get it __________.
—OK. I’ll do it after school. A. to cut B. cutting C. cut D. cuts
42. Li Xiang __________ after many years’ hard work, and his __________ made us excited.
A. succeeded; success B. succeeds; successful C. success; succeed D. successful; succeed 43. —Could you tell me something about Susan?
—She always comes top in different exams in our class because she wants her family to______ her. A. is proud of B. take pride in C. be pride in D. take proud of 44. —I don’t know __________ to attend his birthday party.
—How about wearing a shirt and jeans? A. what should I wear B. what to wear C. how to wear D. wear what
45. —I’m worried about tomorrow’s speech contest. I am afraid I will let my parents down.
—__________. I am sure you will win. A. No problem B. That’s right C. It doesn’t matter D. Don’t worry 第二节 完形填空（共15小题；每小题1分，满分15分）
Problems in the neighborhood
Good morning, ladies and gentleman,
Today, I am very happy to have a meeting with you. At the meeting we will talk about the
__46__we have these days. We all know the problems of __47__ and the objects falling from windows are getting worse. We have __48__ lots of letters about such problems. So__49__ is time for possible ways to work out these problems.
Some dog-owners don't___50_ their dogs well enough, and they let their dogs make mess on the roads and in gardens. This makes the environment __51__. I would like to tell the dog-owners __52__ their behavior is too bad, and at the same time they are__53__ people feel unhappy. We should keep the environment __54__.
It is report that some people__55__ rubbish out of the windows. It is dangerous because falling objects __56__hurt others. It is against the law. We should put up a notice to teach people not to do so. If it is found, we will record the__57__ and address of those people who throw objects. Then, a warning will be given and__58__ will be punished by law.
A safe and comfortable living environment is important to us. __59__ we try our best to care for our community, it will be a good place to__60__ in. Thank you for your coming. 46．A．lessons B．problems C．classes D．films 47．A．dogs B．birds C．cats D．snakes 48．A．made B．opened C．received D．invented 49．A．that B．it C． this D．here 50．A．take care of B．take away C．take out D．take off 51．A．noisy B．quiet C．tidy D．dirty 52．A．what B．that C．where D．when 53．A．stopping B．helping C．telling D．making 54．A．pleasant B．important C．useful D．fasous 55．A．pull B．put C throw D．take 56．A．may B．need C．have to D．should 57．A．jobs B．ages C．hobbies D．names 58．A．we B．you C．they D．he
59．A．If B．Because C．Before D．Unless 60．A．study B．live C．work D．teach
第一节 综合知识 （共6小题；每小题1分，满分6分） 根据所掌握的文化或背景知识，选择最佳选项。
61. Thanks to _________, Martin Murray who used to be a problem child has changed a lot. A. his father’s love B. his decision C. his mother’s love D. his teachers’ help 62. Jenny burned herself by accident yesterday. What should she do? A. Cover the burned area with a cloth soon.
B. Press the burned area hard.
C. Put the burned area under cold running water first. D. Wait for doctors to come.
63. An “internet friend” has asked if you could meet. You shouldn’t ______________. A. tell your parents about it B. go alone
C. meet in a public place if you agree D. refuse the invitation
64. Stephen Hawking who can’t walk or even speak is a famous and successful _________. A. pop singer B. scientist C. player D. writer A. China. B. Brazil. C. Japan. D. America. 66. Which of the following food is healthy?
A. Fast food. B. Burnt food. C. Fruit and vegetables. D. French fries. 第二节 阅读理解（共7小题；每小题2分，共14分）
When I was at university, I studied very hard. But a lot of my friends did very little work. Some did just enough to pass exams. Others didn’t do quite enough. Tommy Green was one of them. He spent more time drinking in the Students’ Union than working in the library.
Once at the end of the term, we had to take an important test in physics. The test had a hundred questions. In my room the night before the test, Tommy was watching TV. Tommy usually worried a lot on the night before a test. But on that night he looked quite calm. Then he told me of his plan. “It’s very simple. There are a hundred questions and I have to get fifty right to pass the test. I’ll take a coin into the exam room. I haven’t studied a physics book for months, so I’ll just toss（掷）the coin. That way, I’m sure I’ll get half the questions right.”
The next day, Fred came happily into the exam room. As he sat tossing a coin for half an hour, he wrote down his answers. Then he left, half an hour before the rest of us.
Two days later, he saw the physics professor outside the teachers’ office. “Oh, good.” he said, “Have you got the result of the test?” The professor looked at him and smiled, “Ah, it’s you, Tommy. Just a minute.” Then he reached into his pocket and took out a coin. He tossed it into the air, caught it in his hand and looked at it.
“I’m very sorry, Tommy.” he said, “You failed!”
67. Tommy came happily into the exam room because ________. A. he had got ready for the exam B. he knew the answers already C. the other students would be behind him D. he had his way to finish the exam 68. The physics exam in fact ________. A. was not very hard B. took the other students an hour to finish C. had more than one hundred questions D. needed to be done by tossing a coin
69. The professor tossed the coin to tell Tommy that ________. A. he thought his way for the exam great B. he wanted to make friends with him C. his way for the exam would never work D. the exam result depended on the coin
（2） Can we live without salt? Salt is very important to us. We need salt in our food. Animals need it, too. Most of the salt in our country comes from the sea. People dig very big pools(池塘)and let sea water in. When the sun dries(弄干)up the water, people can get salt from the ground. The salt is white, clean and beautiful.
There are a lot of salt wells(井)in Sichuan. A salt well is much like a water well. People bring the well water up to the ground and then dry it in big jars(坛子)over fire. In this way the get salt We can also get salt from salt mines(矿). A salt mine may be found under the ground. Some years ago, people in Jiangxi found a big salt mine and soon opened it. People here need salt from other places no more.
In the northwest of our country, there are many salt lakes. Some of these lakes are very big. The salt in a big lake will be enough for our people for centuries.
A. we need more B. it is very important to us C. we have to drink sea water D. there is salt in all our food
71. We get most of the salt from _____.
A. salt lakes B. salt mines C. salt wells D. sea water 72. Some years ago, a big salt mine was found and opened _____.
A. in Jiangxi B. in Sichuan C. in the northwest D. beside the sea 73.The best title(标题)of the article(文章) is "______".
A. We Need Salt B. Why We Need Salt C. Salt Is Important D. Salt
第二部分 非选择题 （共40分）
Building blocks(积木) are still one of the most popular traditional toys today. Their interesting
design and easy use attract children of all ages. Most traditional toys, like building blocks, were first made of wood. Today, wooden building blocks are still used, but now there are several other type s of building blocks to choose from, like plastic building blocks.
Children build all kinds of things that they see in everyday life with building blocks. This gives them the chance to learn new things and life skills.
Building blocks can help children to practice their language skills. Most children talk to each other as they build things with these traditional toys. This type of toy also helps develop the skills that children need in life. As they begin to join groups playing with building blocks, they learn to take turns, to share, and to solve problems with others. However, these are not the only advantages of playing with building blocks. . They allow children to work according to the steps of scientific discovery, which are first to watch and think, and then to test. Traditional toy building blocks also come in different shapes, colors and sizes. These types of building blocks encourage children to develop skills in dividing things.
building blocks are still favorite today. 74. 把（A）处句子翻译成汉语。
___________________________________. 75. 完成划线（B）处的同义句。( 每空一词 )
Playing with building blocks is ______ fun ______ very helpful. 76. 根据短文内容，回答下面的问题。
What were traditional toy building blocks made of? ___________________________________.
As we know, Xiao Shenyang and Liu Qian did wonderful jobs in the CCTV Spring Festival Gala. Now many people are crazy about these two persons. But how much do you know about them?
Xiao Shenyang was born in a poor peasant family which is in difficult family conditions. His real name is Shen He. He is an actor. He is good at Er Ren Zhuan. He learned acts, following Zhao Benshan. During the school life, he was very active in many activities. He looks like a simple man, but he never stops pursuing (追求) his artistic aspiration (渴望). More and more people like his style of performance, and we hope he can make great progress in the future.
Liu Qian is a young magician from Taiwan. At the age of 7, Liu saw a cute magic toy in a shop. At that moment he began to love and decided to learn magic. Liu didn’t go to any magic school. he practiced tricks every day to improve his skills alone , until one day he was able to put on a show for his class. He saw the surprise on everyone’s face, and he felt it was cool. He often does street shows for passers-by, police and farmers. He worked hard at it. Now he is a famous magician.
第一节 完成句子（共6小题；每小题1分，满分6分） 根据括号内的汉语提示，完成句子（每空一词）。
81. My English teacher is pretty ______________（耐心的）with us. 82. Sorry, I can’t ______________（发音）the word correctly.
83. Mr. Green is a __________________( 知识渊博的) teacher ，we all admire him . 84. She is used to ___________ (画圈) the key words in an article . 85. ______________（丢）litter is bad behavior in every country. 86. Can you make a ______________（决定）for yourself at home? 第二节 补全对话 （共5小题；每小题2分，满分10分） 根据语境，用恰当的语言完成对话。 A: Can I help you ?
B: Yes ,please .87 ____________________________________ .
A: Books about South America? Let me check it on the computer. A moment please….Er,it says Jack has borrowed two. Luckily ,there is one left.
B: Really? 88 _______________________________________ ? A: It’s “Mysteries of the Amazon”.
B: Wonderful .89 ________________________________ ? A: Two weeks. And you mustn’t lend it to others . B: OK! 90 _______________ ?
A: You can come and renew(续借) it if so . 91 ___________ ? B: Nothing else .Thanks .
我们经常听到有些孩子抱怨父母不理解他们，父母与孩子之间存在着代沟。假设你是一位父亲或母亲，你会怎样处理与孩子之间的关系? 请你根据下面提示的内容以If I were a parent, I would…为题写一篇短文。
2．不会总是抱怨孩子成绩，而是多给孩子建议及提供帮助，鼓励他们对自己有信心； 3．会给孩子适当的时间来放松，如有时间会和孩子一起做运动、散步……； 4．在空余时间，允许他们做自己喜欢及想做的事情……；
提示词：communicate with…; encourage
_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
罗田县2013年秋季九年级期中联考 英 语 试 卷答题卡
1 -5 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 6-10 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
11-15 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 16-20___ ___ ___ ___ ___
84. 85. 86.
87. 88. 89. 21-25 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 26-30 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 31-35 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 36-40 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 41-45 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 46-50___ ___ ___ ___ ___
51-55 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 56-60___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 61-65___ ___ ___ ___ ___ 66-70 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
71-73___ ___ ___
81. 82. 83.
1. W: Excuse me, may I borrow the book named What Would You Do If…? Ｍ: Of course. It is on the shelf near the front door. Q: Where are the man and the woman?
2. W: You used to be afraid of speaking in public, didn’t you?
M: Yes. But now it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. And I enjoy going to parties. Q: What is the boy like now?
3. W: I have to get to school by 7:00 in the morning.
M: Lucky you! Our head teacher asks us to be at school 20 minutes earlier than you. Q: When does the boy have to get to school?
4. W: Dad, I listened to tapes and read the textbook every day. But I failed the English test again. M: Oh, dear. Don’t be so sad. Why not watch English-language TV? It can help a lot. W: It sounds interesting. I’ll try it. Q: How will the girl learn English?
5. W: What’s the noise? Have you turned off the TV?
M: Yes. Oh, look, a cat is eating our daughter’s toy mouse in the kitchen. Q: What made the noise?
6. M: Wow, Jane. You have got the Cool Kids’ latest CD. Where did you get it? W: Helen lent it to me. She has another one.
Q: How many latest CDs of the Cool Kids does Helen have? 7. M: Did you go to Wild and Windy’s concert last night?
Ｗ: Yes. There were so many noisy fans at the concert. I would rather stay at home than listen to a
concert like this.
Ｑ: What does the girl mean?
8. M: What delicious hamburgers! How I wish I could eat hamburgers every day. Would you like some,
W: No, thanks, Bob. I hardly ever eat fast food. I prefer eating fruits and vegetables. Q: Who has a healthier eating habit?
9. M: Hi, Kelly. You have come back to New York so soon. Did you have a good time during the
W: Yes, I visited a lot of great places of interest in Paris. Q: Which country did Kelly go for vacation?
10. M: Hi, Jane! You took part in some volunteer activities last weekend, didn’t you? W: Yes. It was Old People’s Day. I went to the old people’s home with Sally. M: Did you clean the old people’s rooms? W: Yes, I did. It took me two hours.
M: You are good at telling jokes. Did you tell jokes to them? W: Of course. Sally put on a short play for them. M: What a wonderful experience!
11. M: There are so many things in your backpack! Is the new book yours, Helen?
W: Yes, it is. It is very helpful. After reading it, I got a lot of good ways to learn English. M: What a cool mobile phone! Is it new?
W: Yes. I bought it on the Internet last Friday. It is made in Korea. M: Helen, where did you get the movie tickets?
W: My brother gave them to me. He said the movie is very interesting.
M: I am interested in aliens’ life in space. Can I go to see the movie with you? W: Of course. I like the company of others. 12. W: Michael, what are you doing? M: I am making a plan for tomorrow’s Beach Clean-up Day, Maria. W: The Beach Clean-up Day? Who will take part in the activity? M: Our class.
W: I am free tomorrow. Can I take part in the activity?
M: Of course. The more people, the better. M: Can you tell me the activity in detail?
M: Sure. It starts at 8:30 am, and finishes at 3:00 pm. We will go there by bus.
W: The beach is not far from my home. I would like to ride a bike there. Do we need to take any food? M: No, we don’t. We will have lunch in the restaurant near the beach. 13. W: Hello, Jenny speaking. May I help you, sir?
M: I’d like to find out the vacation package during National Day. W: Where would you like to go?
M: I haven’t decided. I hope to go to a modern and beautiful city in China. W: How about Shanghai? It is the most beautiful city in eastern China.
M: On TV I leant that a serious subway accident happened in Shanghai. So I don’t think the vacation is safe in Shanghai.
W: What about Beijing? It is the capital of China. Autumn is the best time to visit it. M: What can I do there?
W: Besides visiting many places of interest, you can also go climbing and enjoy the beautiful red leaves.
M: Sounds wonderful. When can I leave? W: At around 7:00 am on October 1st.
M: OK. I have a nine-day vacation. I will stay there for six days.
14. Last Friday Mr. Black was walking through a supermarket to buy some food. The next day was his daughter’s seventh birthday. He wanted to cook a big dinner for her. The sun was shining, everyone in the supermarket looked happy. Suddenly he found an old lady following him around. Thinking nothing of it, he continued.
Twenty minutes later, Mr. Black got to the check-out line with some food. But the old lady got in front of him. “Excuse me,” she said, “I am sorry if my following you has made you feel uncomfortable, it’s just because you look like my son, I haven’t seen him for a long time.”
“Is there anything I can do for you?” replied Mr. Black.
“Yes,” she said, “As I am leaving, can you say‘Goodbye, Mom’? It would make me feel warm.” “Sure.” answered Mr. Black. So, when the old woman was leaving, he did as she said.
As he went up to the check-out counter, he saw that he must pay 220 yuan. “How can that be?” he asked, “I only bought some inexpensive food.”
The clerk replied, “Your mother said you would pay for her.” 参考答案：
\1-5CBBCC 6-10 BCBCB 11-15 BCAAB 16-20 AACBC 21-25ACBBC
26-30 DADBA 31-35CBCDB 36-40ACCBB 41-45CABBD 46-50 BACBA 51-55 DBDAC 56-60 ADCAB 61-66 CCBBBC 67-69 DBC 70-73 BDAD 74 积木还有助于开发孩子在数学和科学方面的技能 。 75. both …and
76. wood / There were wood
77. was very active 78. a simple man 79. by himself 80. ( was ) surprised 81. patient 82. pronounce 83. knowledgeable 84. circling 85.Dropping 86. decision 87. I’d like / want to borrow books about South America . 88.What’s its name ? / What’s the name of it ?
89. How Long may I keep it ? 90.What if I can’t finish reading on time ? 91. Anything else ?