To do 练习题
1. _______ the project in time, the staff were working at weekends.
A. Completing B. Having completed C. To have completed D. To complete
2. Nowadays people sometimes separate their waste to make it easier for it ______
A. reusing B. reused C. reuses D. to be reused
3. The play ________ next month aims mainly to reflect the local culture.
A. produced B. being produced C. to be produced D. having been produced
4. He told us whether _______ a picnic was still under discussion.
A. to have B. having C. have D. had
5. David threatened _________ his neighbor to the police if the damages were not paid.
A. to be reported B. reporting C. to report D. having reported
6. ------The last one _________ pays the meal.
A. arrived B. arrives C. to arrive D. arriving
7. ________, you need to give all you have and try your best.
A. Being a winner B. To be a winner C. Be a winner D. Having been a winner
8. We are invited to a party ________ in our club next Friday.
A. to be held B. held C. being held D. holding
9. ------Did the book give the information you needed?
------Yes. But ________ it, I had to read the entire book.
A. to find B. find C. to be finding D. finding
10. I feel greatly honored ________ into their society.
A. to welcome B. welcoming C. to be welcomed D. welcomed
11. If there is a lot of work ________, I am happy to just keep on until it is finished.
A. to do B. to be doing C. done D. doing
12. When I went to the Smiths`, they happened ________ dinner.
A. to have B. to be having C. to having been having D. having
13. When asked why he went there, he said he was sent there _______ for a space flight.
A. training B. being trained C. to have trained D. to be trained
14. ________ the project as planned, we will have to work two more hours a day.
A. Completing B. Complete C. Completed D. To complete
15. _________ into the college, he had to work hard at all the subjects, some of which he didn’t like.
A. In order to admit B. In order to be admitted
C. So as to admit D. So as to be admitted
16. If the work ________ by the end of the month is delayed, the construction company will be fined.
A. being completed B. completed C. to be completed D. is completed
17. Sandy could do nothing but _______ to his teacher that he was wrong.
A. admit B. admitted C. admitting D. to admit
18. ------Is Bob still performing?
------I am afraid not. He is said _________ the stage already as he has become an official.
A. to have left B. to leave C. to have been left D. to be left
19. All these gifts must be mailed immediately _______ in time for Christmas.
A. in order to have received B. in order to receive
C. so as to be received D. so as to be receiving
20. He arrived at the station, only _______ the train had left.
A. finding B. find C. to find D. found