1. Where did the man go on his vacation? A. B. C
2. What are they talking about?
A． B. C.
3. What does the man prefer to do?
A. B . C.
4. What time is it when they are talking?
5. What could the man take?
6. Whose English book is it ?A. Amy?s B. Ann?s C. The teacher?s
7. What does the man mean? A. He came very close.B. He was late for school.C.He arrived very early.
8. How does the woman study French? A. By doing as much French reading as she can.
B. By watching French-language movies. C. By getting a good French teacher.
9. Where did Mark Smith use to live?A. Germany B. countryside C. America
10. Will the man go to Jay?s concert?
A. Of course he will. B. Probably not. C. Yes, and he will sing clearly.
12. A. Rolland Hill B. the post office C. We don?t know th13. A. in 19 century B. in 1850s C. today
14. A. England B. on a hill C. the post office
15. A. stop the stamps from being used againB. be more convenient.C. sell them better.
16.—Your English has improved a lot . How do you learn it ?—I learned by _____the textbook..
A. read B. reading C. look D. looking at
17. I find _____ difficult to finish the work on time , We only have three hours left .
A. that B. it C. its D. this
18. — Who?s that boy reading in the garden? Is it David?
— It __________ be David. I saw him in the classroom just now.
A. must B. can?t C. may D. shouldn?t
19. I used to ________in the city , but now I am used to _______ in the country .
A. live; live B. live; living C. living ;living D. living ;live
20. —Don?t you usually take the bus to school?—________.I often walk to school.
A. Yes, I do B. No，I do C. Yes, I don?t D. No , I don?t
21. —There goes the bell .—It?s time for class. Let?s stop __________. A. talk B. to talk C. talking D. not talking
22. —Tim plays computer games too much.—That?s why his mother __________ his eyesight.
A. is happy with B. is interested in C. is proud of D. is worried about
23. Would you please tell me _______next , Mrs Li? A. should they do what B. what they should do ?C. they should do whatD.what should they do ?
24. — Jack, how are you feeling today?— Much ________. I think I can go to school tomorrow.
A. better B. worse C. brighter D. weaker
25. Hurry up! The play _______ for ten minutes.
A. has begun B. have begun C. has been on D. have been on
三、完形填空。（本题有15小题，每小题1分，共15分） When I was a teenager growing up in France, I wanted to leave school and have my own life. The only way I could this was to work in the local paper factory in my town, or get I wanted to leave school. I thought he would say, “ You are going to college(大学).” I was very when he said, “OK. Let?s go to the paper factory.”
Two days later, took me to the factory. I imagined everyone to be friends together and having fun. I even imagined there would be music and singing.
I had watched too many movies as a teenager.
the factory gate, my father spoke to the guard (门卫) and one minute later the noise. It . I ran back to my father and said, “I want to go home.”He asked me, “What do you think of the ?” “Too bad,” I answered.
“And marriage is even
I went back to school the next day thinking about studying I could get into a good college. English so I decided to major in (主修)languages at college. Thanks to my father and our to the paper factory, I now work at the United Nations and my father is very proud of me. I married a very good man and my life is much better than it would have been working in the factory!
26. A. say B. do C. receive D. find
27. A. teacher B. friend C. father D. husband
28. A. Yes! B. No! C. Really? D. OK?
29. A. angry B. tired C. nervous D. surprised
30. A. he B. she C. it D. they
31. A. working B. studying C. singing D. farming
32. A. guess B. mean C. say D. hope
33. A. looked at B. returned to C. arrived at D. left for
34. A. outside B. inside C. back D. away
35. A. terrible B. wonderful C. funny D. special
36. A. workers B. guard C. building D. factory
37. A. better B. harder C. worse D. easier
38. A. but B. if C. so D. or
39. A. enjoyed B. stopped C. disliked D. minded
40. A. way B. idea C. plan D. trip
A.10:00 am. B.10:30 pm. C.2:00 pm. D.9:30 pm.
42. How much do a small hamburger and a large soft drink cost?
A. $3.9. B. $3.95. C. $4.1. D. $4.9
43. How many kinds of things have chocolate in them?
A. One. B. Two. C. Three D. Four.
A little boy selling magazines for school walked up to a house that people rarely visited. The house was very old and ran down and the owner hardly ever came out. The boy?s parents told him to stay away from the house, a lot of other neighborhoods children were told the same from their parents.
As he was ready to walk away, the door slowly opened. “What do you want?” the old man said. “Uh, sir, I am selling these magazines and I was wondering if you would like to buy one.” The old man stared at the boy. The boy could see inside the old man?s house and saw that he had dog figurines（小雕像） on the fireplace mantle. “Do you collect dogs?” the little boy asked. “Yes, I have many collections in my house, they are my family here. They are all I have.” The boy then felt sorry for the man, as it seemed that he was a very lonely soul. Then the old man was ready to close the door and said,“No, boy, I don?t need any magazines of any kind, now goodbye.”
The little boy was sad that he was not going to make his quota with the sale. He was also sad 3
for the old man being so alone in the big house. The boy went home and then had an idea. He knocked on the door again and this time the old man came right to the door. “Boy, I thought I told you no magazines.” “No, sir. But I want to give you a gift.” The boy handed him the figurine and the man?s face lit up. “It?s a Golden Retriever, and I have one at home, this is for you.” The old man was simply stunned（受惊的）; no one had ever given him such a gift and shown him so much kindness. He and the boy became friends. The boy even brought his dog to see the man weekly.
44. What can we see in the old man?s house？
A. some magazines B. some dogs C. some dog figurines D. his family members
45. Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to the text?
A. The boy felt sorry only because he was not going to make his quota with the sale.
B. The old man regarded all the collections as his family.
C. Few people went to the old man?s house.D. The boy went to the old man?s house twice.
46. The underlined word “acknowledging” means__________.
A. glaring at B. keeping away from C. saying hello to D. refusing
47. What made the old man start coming out of the house?
A. Golden Retriever B. All of his dog figurinesC. The magazine D. The little boy?s kindness
It?s the week before school starts. Alice is shopping for clothes with two friends, Nina and Vicki. Alice puts on a black jacket, turns to her friends, and says, “Hey, what do you think?” The girls look at her and both start laughing. “No way, Alice!”
Nina laughs. “That?s a man?s jacket.”
Alice feels a little angry. “Yeah, well…I like it”:
“Yeah,” says Vicki, “but what will people at school say?”
Alice thinks for a moment. Then she takes off the jacket. “Yeah, you?re right.”
We all know about it. Your friends wear certain clothes or listen to certain music. You don?t want to be different. So you do those things too.
Fifteen minutes later. Alice is still thinking about the black jacket. “Yeah, there?s peer pressure to follow others.” She explains. “If your clothes or hair are different, people make fun of you. You know, they laugh and point.”
Vicki agrees. “It?s true .You even have a certain kind of boyfriend or girlfriend! I think these ?rules? are childish (幼稚的). But when you?re different, you feel like an outsider. And that?s hard.”
Alice walks away.
“Hey Alice,” calls Nina. “Where are you going?”
“To get the black jacket. I don?t care what others think. I like it, and I?m buying it.”
48. Why does Alice take off the jacket?
A. It?s too expensive. B. She doesn?t take enough money with her.
C. She doesn?t like the color. D. She?s worried about her friends? opinions.
49. What is the meaning of peer pressure in this passage?
A. You want to be like your friends. So you do what they do.
B. You want to be different from your friends and classmates.
C. You want to give your clothes to your friends to wear.
D. You want to buy as many clothes as your classmates do.
50. What happens in the end?
A. Alice goes to buy the jacket. B. Alice gets angry and goes home alone.
C. Alice doesn?t buy the jacket. D. Alice doesn?t go shopping with her friends.
51. What is the main idea of this passage?
A. Young people should follow others.B. Girls have different ideas about the jacket.C. Girls like wearing different kinds of clothes.D. Young people care much about what others think.
Soon computers and other machines will be able to remember you by looking at your eyes! The programme works because everyone?s eyes are different. So in the future you won?t have to remember a number when you want to use a machine or take money out of a bank. You?ll just have to look at the machine and it will be able to tell who you are.
The eye-recognition (眼睛识别) programme is already being tested in
shops and banks in the USA, Britain, Spain, Italy and Turkey. Soon, this
technology (技术) will take the place of（取代）all other ways of finding out
who people are.
However, scientists are working on other systems (系统). Machines
will soon be able to know you from the shape of your face or hand or even
your smell! We already have machines that can tell who you are from your voice or the mark made by your finger.
Eye-recognition is better than other kinds because your eyes don?t change as you get older, or get dirty like hands or fingers. And even twins have different eyes, so the programme can be up to 94％ correct, depending on how good the technology is. Some programmes may only be right 51％ of the time. In Britain, it was found that 91％ of people who had tried it said that they liked the idea of eye-recognition. In the future your computer will be looking you in the eye. So smile!
52. How does the eye-recognition programme work? A. You write your number.
B. You show your ID card.C. You look at the machine. D. You say your name.
53. Why can the programme be up to 94％ correct?
A. Because eyes never change. B. Because hands or fingers can get dirty.
C. Because people like the idea of the programme.
D. Because the programme is widely used around the world.
54. Which of the following is true?
A. The programme is being tested in Japan.
B. Machines with other systems can also tell who you are.
C. 91％ of people like the idea of the programme.
D. Computers can remember you by looking at your clothes.
55. What does Paragraph 4 talk about?
A. Introduction to other kinds of programmes. B. Advantages of the programme.
C. The places where the programme is tested. D. The way how the programme works.
56．_________Many people write on paper only one side .Why not try using both sides? Some students only use half the pages in their notebooks before getting new ones. Try to set up all the paper. People often give cards on festivals. How about trying sending e-mails instead .
57．_________There?re many poor families in China. You may ask your parents to keep your unwanted clothes. Then you can pass them to poor kids. You?ll feel happy that you are helping someone else. Also, you can see if your friend wants them before throwing them away
58．_________In San Francisco of the US, there is a beautiful bridge. It took more than four years to build it, and it was finished in 1937. You can cross the bridge by car or on foot, but you must pay. Do you know the bridge? Yes, it is the Golden Gate.
59．_________Many people can use computers, but few of them know how to use them correctly. Remember the following when you use your computer. Keep your computer in a cool, dry room; don?t put water or food near your computer; keep your screen clean and not too bright
60．_________E-mail means messages sent from one computer to another. It is becoming more and more popular. You can send and receive e-mail everywhere. It is quick to use e-mail, and it is
61. The experiment is really ___________.
62.The population has __________ in the last few years.
63. I?m surprised to hear the __________ news.
64.The quality of ________ is very important on sale.
65. We should try our best to protect __________ animals.
66.lemons are kind of __________ .
67.Could you ________(借) your dictionary to me ? Mine is at home.
68.He was fooled _________(容易) because he always believes in others.
69.One hundred year is a c_________.
70.In the past, hundreds of people died of _____ (hungry).
71.Today everyone knows the i_________ of study.
72.He p_________ to the new bike under the tree and said, “Look, that?s mine.”
73..There are 四十) students in Jenny?s class.
74.Have you ________(喂)the cat and cleaned out your room?
75.At that time, his father was not rich e_______ to buy a car.
良好的言谈举止会受人欢迎，而养成良好的行为习惯更是与人友好相处的法宝。假设你准备参加学校举办的“做一名文明礼貌的中学生”的主题演讲活动。请以“Behaving well is the secret of getting on well with others”为题，根据要点提示，写一篇80词左右的短文。
参考词汇：tell lies(说谎),honest,be kind to, polite, noise, rubbish ,in public
Behaving well is the secret of getting on well with others
As a student,
分）1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 二、单项填空（本题有10小题，每小题1分，共10分） 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 三、完形填空。（本题有15小题，每小题1分，共15分） 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 四、阅读理解（本题有15小题，41-47每小题1分，48-55每小题2分，共23分） 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 五、任务型阅读（本题有5小题，每小题1分，共5分） 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 六、词汇运用。（本题有15小题，61-66每小题0.5分，67-75每小题1分，共计12 61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75. 7
Behaving well is the secret of getting on well with others
As a student,
1 W: How was your vacation, Bill?
M: The peaceful beaches made me really relaxed.
2 W: What happened in that zoo?
M: Three monkeys escaped from it, but still not found.
3 W: What do you like, watching TV or listening to music?
M: Neither. I prefer playing computer games.
4 W: Peter, why are you in such a hurry?
M: The early bus is leaving at 6:30. There is only 5 minutes left.
5. M: I was invited to my American friend?s birthday party. But I don?t know what to take.
W: Why not take some flowers?
6. W: Is this your English book, Amy?
M: No, I think it must belong to Ann. There?s her name on it.
7. W: Tom, did you arrive on time today?
M: Oh, I missed the school bus. By the time I got to class, the teacher had already started teaching.
8. M: Do you learn French by watching French-language movies，Emma?
W: No, I don?t think it?s a good way. The best way is to do as much reading as you can.
9. M: Do you know Mark Smith is living in Germany now?
W: Really? He used to live in New York. Why does he decide to live in another country?
10. W: Do you know Jay zhou is going to give a concert in Huzhou? Will you go there?
M: It?s true that he can write his own music, but I don?t like singers who can?t sing clearly.
When did people first begin to use stamps? In the early nineteenth century, people did not 8
use stamps. They had to pay for the letters or postcards they received. People didn?t like that. Rolland Hill, a schoolmaster in England was the first to give the suggestion to use stamps in 1850s. He thought it would be much more convenient for people. They could go to a nearby post office to buy stamps and put them on the envelopes before they sent letters. The post office put seals on the stamps to stop them from being used again. That was a good idea and stamps are still used today.
1-5 A C C B C 6-10 B B A C B 11-15 B A B C A
16-20 B B B B D 21-25 C D B A C
26-30 B C B D A 31-35 A A C B A
36-40 D C C A D
四、阅读理解 （本题有15小题，41-47每小题1分，48-55每小题2分，共23分） 41-45 D C B C A 46-50 C D D A A
51-55 DC A B B
56-60 E B C A D
61—66 BADCFE 67---75 lend easily century hunger importance pointed forty fed enough
As a student, I think it?s very important to do everything on time and keep promises. We are never supposed to tell lies to others or say dirty words. We should be polite to others and ready to help people in need. We?d better not talk loudly or make noise in public. Don?t throw rubbish or spit about. And remember to obey traffic rules.
Finally, learn to work with others. We need good teamwork in our daily life.