He has had an accident.
a boy lying on the ground and the doctor is giving first aid to him.
I have a toothache.
What’s the matter?
What’s the matter with you?
-- What’s the matter with you? -- I __________.
have a fever
have a stomachache
What’s the matter?
I have a flu.
I have a sore back.
I have a headache.
I have a sore throat.
1. see + sb. + doing 2. first aid: 急救 give first aid to sb./give sb. first aid: 对人进行急救 3. knock down: 撞倒
4. have a fever: 发烧
5. have a flu: 得了流感 6. have nothing to do with: 与……无关 7. a wound in one knee:
8. bind up: 包扎
2. What’s happened?
The boy got a wound in his knee. 3. What do you think he has done to himself? Maybe he was knocked down by a car. Maybe he fell down from the tree when he was trying to pick an apple from the tree.
Listen and answer the questions.
Use the words in the box to help you. accident ache blood fever flu
ground knee shoulder stomach
1. Has Tony’s father ever had serious accidents? No. 2. What part of his body did he hurt? His finger, his knee and his shoulder.
3. How long did it take him to get better?
A month for the finger; A long time for the knee and shoulder.
4. What illness does he sometimes get? He gets flu.
5. What does he get with this illness? Fever. 6. What does he think Tony will get, and why? A stomachache from eating too much.
Listen to the dialogue in Activity 3 and complete the accident report.
On the Great Wall. Daming.
What happened He tripped and fell over
How is the person hurt
He’s cut his head and
his knee, his leg hurts,
and he feels cold.
When someone has an accident, we can use these sentences. Who’s missing? He’ll soon be OK! Help! Wait a minute. … How do you feel? It’s nothing serious. Show me where he is. I’ll call for help on my mobile. Will he live? Can you move your…?
Read the dialogue again and answer
the questions. 1. Why do you think Mr. Jackson decides
to go and look for Daming and Tony? Because it is going to rain. 2. Where has Tony left Daming?
We don’t know but maybe not far away
from where Tony met Mr. Jackson.
3. When did the accident happen?
About 10 minutes ago.
4. Why do you think Mr. Jackson asks Daming if he can move his foot? To check if he has broken his leg.
Complete the sentences.
1. Mr. Jackson and Betty have to wait for Tony and Daming because
they were walking more slowly than ________________________________
them _____. 2. As soon as Mr. Jackson decided to
look for them, ____________________ Tony came calling for help ______.
3. The reason why Daming had an accident is that he was running along ___________________
________________________________ the wall, and tripped and fell over
_________. the edge
. Although Daming can’t walk, he hasn’t broken his leg ____________________. 5. Daming has got a wound in his leg. says it is nothing However, Mr Jackson ______________
1. And look at those clouds! I think it’s
going to rain.
“be going to + 动词原形”常用于表示
兆预测即将发生的事。如： I feel so weak. I think I’m going to be sick! 我感觉很虚弱。我想我快生病了。
2. He’s got a wound in his leg and he
may get a fever but it’s nothing serious.
什么大事儿。 这里nothing serious 表示“不很严重， 没什么大事儿”。如： Don’t worry! Nothing serious. 别担心，没什么大事！
Who’s missing? 谁掉队了？
How do you feel?
It’s nothing serious. 没什么严重的。
Listen and repeat.
It’s Daming. / He has had an accident. /
He was running along the wall / when
he tripped / and fell over the edge. /
He’s cut his head; / his shoulder hurts / and I think he’s broken his leg.
Say these sentences aloud.
Make sure you pause in the correct places.
Of course he will! He’s got a wound
in his leg and he may get a fever but it’s nothing serious.
Now listen and check.
Work in pairs
Have you ever had an accident? Here are some related expressions for talking about an accident.
1. Expressions about how someone was hurt a. He’s cut his head, his shoulder hurts
and I think he broken his leg.
b. I cut my face, and hurt my arms and
c. He’s got a wound in his leg and he
may get a fever but it’s nothing
2. Expressions about how long it took
to get better a. It took him … to get better. b. It was three weeks before I could ride my bike again.
A car stopped On my way to school.
in front of me.
I fell off my
How were you hurt?
I cut my face, and hurt my
arms and knees. How long it took to get better? It was three weeks before I
could ride my bike again.
( B)1. —I feel very cold! —You must have a ______. A. dream C. diet B. fever D. headache
( C) 2. —Look at your hand, Bob!
— ______. Just a small wound. A. Something serious B. Serious something C. Nothing serious D. Serious nothing
( D) 3. She _______ be late for school next time. A. has not better B. has better not C. had not better D. had better not
Homework 1. Review what you have learned today. 2. Preview Unit 2 and mark where you don’t understand.