Unit 2 How often do you exercise?
1. How many percent of the students do not exercise at all? ? __________________________________ 2. How many percent of the students use the Internet every day? ? __________________________________ 3. How often do most students watch TV? _________________________________ What do they usually watch? _________________________________ 4. What does the writer think is the best way to relax? Why? __________________________________________ 5. Do you think the students in No. 5 are healthy? Why or why not? _________________________________
Read the article again and answer the questions.
1. How many percent of the students do not exercise at all? Twenty percent students. __________________________________ 2. How many percent of the students use the Internet every day? Ninety percent students. __________________________________
3. How often do most students watch TV? Most students watch TV every day. _________________________________ What do they usually watch? They usually watch sports, game shows. _________________________________ 4. What does the writer think is the best way to relax? Exercising. _______________________________ Why? __________________________________ It’s healthy for the mind and the body.
5. Do you think the students in No. 5 are healthy? No, I don’t think so. _________________________________ Why or why not? Because most students use Internet or _________________________________ watch TV on their free time. They don’t _________________________________ like exercising. It’s unhealthy. _________________________________
According to the article and the pie charts, write sentences with the percentages using, always, usually or sometimes .
Ninety percent of the students 1. 90%：__________________________ always use the Internet. __________________________ Eighty percent of the students 2. 85%: __________________________ always watch TV. __________________________ 3. 45%: Forty-five percent of the students ____________________________ usually exercise. ___________________________
4. 10%: Ten percent of the students ____________________________ sometimes use the Internet. _____________________________ Thirteen percent of the students 5. 13%: _____________________________ sometimes watch TV. _____________________________ Two percent of the students 6. 2%: _____________________________ sometimes watch TV. ____________________________
2b Read the article
What Do No.5 High School Students Do in Their Free Time
Last month we asked our students about their free time activities. Our questions were about exercise, use of the Internet and watching TV. Here are the results. We found that only fifteen percent of our students exercise every day. Forty-five percent exercise four to six times a week. Twenty percent exercise only one to three times a week. And twenty percent do not exercise at all! We all know that many students often go online, but we were surprised that ninety perc
ent of them use the Internet every day. The other then percent use it at least three or four times a week. Most students use it for fun and not for homework.
The answers to our questions about watching television were also interesting. Only two percent of the students watch TV one to three times a week. Thirteen percent watch TV four to six times a week. And eighty-five percent watch TV every day! Although many students like to watch sports, game shows are the most popular. It is good to relax by using the Internet or watching game shows, but we think the best way to relax is through exercise. It is healthy for the mind and the body. Exercise such as playing sports is fun, and you can spend time with your friends and family as you play together. And remember, “old habits die hard”. So start exercising before it’s too late!
1. We found that only fifteen percent of our students exercise every day. percent 名词，意为“百分之??” e.g. Eighty percent of the students in our class exercise every day. 我们班里80%的学生每天都锻 炼。
percent做主语时，谓语动词的数要根据其后面的名词来 确定。 e.g. Fifty percent of the apples are bad. 50%的苹果都坏了。 Twenty percent of the meat is in the fridge. 20%的肉都在冰箱。 若要询问百分率，或笼统表达百分率的高低，应使用 percentage一词，而非percent;且疑问词用what, 而非how many 或how much. What percentage of …= How many percent of +名词复数
2. And twenty percent do not exercise at all! not … at all 意为“一点也不”， not应 和be动词、助动词或情态连用。 e.g. The story isn’t interesting at all. 那个故事一点也没有趣。 They didn’t enjoy the vacation at all. 他们根本不喜欢那次旅行。 The old man can’t use the computer at all. 那位老人一点也不会用电脑。
3. The answers to our questions about watching television were also interesting. 对我们提出的有关看电视的问题的答案也挺 有意思。
1）句子主语为 the answers ，故谓语用 were。 2） 表示“…的答案”要用“answer to…” 如： There’s no easy answer to this problem. 这个问题没有简单的答案。 Her answer to your question is a big “NO”! 她对你所提的问题的答案是一个大大的“不”字！
3）表示“有关…的（问题）”用question about… 如： He asked us some questions about our daily habits. 他问了一些有关我们日常习惯的问题。 Her questions about you were not so friendly. 她有关你的那些问题并不那么友善。
4.Although many students like to watch sports, game shows are the most popular. 虽然很多学生喜欢看体育节目，但游戏类节目 是最受欢迎的。
although 为连词，意为：“虽然，尽管”。 注意：在英语中，当表示“虽然…，但是….”这 样的意思时，although和but不能在同一个句子中 使用。也就是说
，在一个句子中，有although就没 有but ，反之亦然。如： Although the car is old , it still runs well. =The car is old , but it still runs well. 这辆小车旧了，但是依然跑得不错。
[中考链接] (2012 成都) My cousin knows a lot about C geography, ______ he is only four years old. A. because B. so C. although
5. Exercise such as playing sports is fun… such as 意为“像??这样”，表示列 举。 结构常为：名词+ such as + 例子 e.g. She likes animas such as rabbits and birds. 她喜欢像兔子、小鸟这样的小动 物。
注意：其后面不可列举出所有的事物。 如： 我了解四种语言，例如英语、汉语。 I know four language, such as, English and Chinese. (√) I know four language, such as, English, French, Japanese and Chinese. (×)
5. So start exercising before it’s too late! 所以赶紧锻炼起来，不要等到来不及了。
It’s too late 字面意思为“为时太晚，来不及了” 是英语的一个常用表达。如： Now you know you are wrong , but it’s too late. 你现在知道错了，已经太晚了。 句中， It’s too late 与before共同组成从句，表示 “不要等到为时已晚；不要等到来不及的时候； 趁还来的及”。如： You should work harder before it’s too late to catch up.你现在用功还赶得上。
Choose one of these free time 2e activities or think of your own. Then ask your classmates how often they do this activity and make a pie chart.
How often do you play sports? How often do you read books?
1-3 times a week.
How often do you…? Numbers of classmates(总 40) 1-3 times a week 20 4-6 times a week
25 % ______ 4-6 times a week
25 ______ % every day
______ % 50 1-3 times a week Play sports
I. Fill in the blanks.
1. The old man ________(锻炼) exercises every morning. shop 2. I often _______ (购物) on weekends. keep 3. We must _______ (保持 ) our classroom clean. differences 4. There are some ___________(不同)
between the two pictures.
5. He ____________ (几乎不) goes to a hardly ever restaurant for dinner. drink 6. Katrina doesn't often _______ (喝) coffee, she likes green tea. habits 7. My eating _________(习惯) are not very good.
1. I like English very much, so I ____ A
listen to the tape in the morning.
A. usually B. hardly ever C. never D 2. Milk is good _____ our ______. A. to; healthy B. to; health
C. for; healthy
D. for; health
3. —What does your father do in the evening? C —He usually _______. A. watch TV B. exercise C. reads books B 4. — ____ students in your class are from Beijing? —Only one. A. How often B. How many C. How much
A 5. — _______ do you go skating? — Every day. A. How often B. How many C. When B 6. Most students in my class ____ exercise every day. A. does B. do C. is doing D. are doing D she ____ on weekends? 7. What _____ A. is, do B. does, does C. do, do D. do
8. —______do your grandparents A come to see you?
—Twice a week.
A. How often B. How many C. When 9. He’s a very lazy student, as a result, C he always gets _______ grades. A. a good C. terrible B. high D. an awful
1. I sleep 8 hours every night.(画线提问) How many hours _____ _____ ______ do you sleep every night? 2. He watches TV twice a week.(画线提问) How often does _____ _____ _____ he watch TV? 3. Jack does his homework every day. (改为否定句) doesn’t do Jack _______ _____ his homework every day.
4. He is talking to his father.
(用usually改写句子) usually talks He _______ _____ to his father. 5. My father often reads newspaper
after supper.(画线提问) What does your do _____ _____ _____ father often ____ after supper?
Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
以My habits(good habits and bad habits) 为题目写一篇短文。（字数不少于50字）