1.-This book is a bit difficult. ______ read something easier?-All right.
A. Why not to B. Why don’t C. Why not D. Why not you
2. ---How about him?---He just gave me _____ advice.A. a B. an C . / D. some
3.You _ your coffee while it is not.A. should drink B. should drinks C. ought drink D. ought to
4. Can you _______ this letter from German ______ English?
A. translate ; by B. translation ; by C. translate ; into D. translation ; into
5.Why don’t come here by bus? A. / B. you C.your D.yours
6. He gave me ________________ on my English study yesterday.
A. some advices B. many advice C. much advice D. some advice
7. I'm afraid I don't know about it. You'd better ask ______________.
A. someone else B. else someone C. someone other D. other someone
8. We __________ you're well .A. hope B. wish C. hopes D. wishes
9. I am very tired. What about _____ a rest?－OK. A. have B. has C. to have D. having
10. Try_______ translate every word .A. to B. not C. not to D. to not
11. It's a good idea_ your listening. A. improving B. improve C. to improve D. improve
12. Why ____ the English TV programmers?
A. don't watch B. not watch C. not to watch D. not watching
13. Don't forget __ off the lights after school. A. to turn B. turning C. turn D. to turning
14. Yao Ming is _______ excellent basketball player. A. a B. an C. the D. /
15. －Id like to buy some apples, bananas, and some meat.－OK, ______________?
A. something else B. anything else C. else anything D. else something
16. To improve your listening, you ___________-- often listen to the radio in English.
A. shouldn't B. should C. try to D. why not
17. I am tired, _________________ sitting down and having a rest?
A. why not B. try to C. its a good idea to D. what about
18. I enjoy ________ films and __________ to songs
A. watch, listen B. watching, listen C. watching, listening D. watch, listening
19. It __a long time to understand real English A. costs B. takes C. spends D. pays
20. The language doctor advises Sam ___ a deep breath and smile.
A. take B. to take C. to have D. to do
21.Please keep __! I'm studying for the math test. A. quiet B. quite C. quietly D. noisy
22. If you don't know the answer, try to_____________- when you read a passage.
A. write B. spell C. ask D. guess
23. In a _________________lesson, you can learn how to say words correctly.
A. pronunciation B. grammar C. spelling D. translation
24. ___________ the color with the word.A. Choose B. Forget C. Match D. remember
25.When you learn English ___________, you learn the rules of English. .
A. vocabulary B. meaning C. grammar D. pronunciation
M1二、单项选择：1. ( ) It’s a good way ________ English in the morning every day.
A. look B. to look C. read D. to read
2. ( ) Our teachers often advise us _________ computer games a lot.
A. to play B. playing C. not to play D. not playing
3. ( ) Please take out your notebook and_________.
A. write it down B. write down them C. write down it D. wrote it down
4. ( ) Don’t forget _______ the lights when you leave.
A. turning on B. turn off C. to turn off D. to turning off
5. ( ) It _____ me 15 minutes ______ English every morning.
A. took, to read B. takes, to read C. took, reading D. takes, in reading
6. ( ) You should _________ English in class.
A. to speak B. speaking C. speak D. not speak
7. ( ) What did your teacher give you last term? ________.
A. Some advices. B. A lots of advice C. A piece of advice D. Advices
8. ( ) _____ you ______ the radio in English?
A. How about, listening to B. Why not, listen C. Will, listen D. Why don’t, listen
9. It’s hard for Lingling to understand TV programs __ English. A. on B. in C. at D. around
10. ( )How can I practice _______ ?
A. speaking English B. listen to English songs C. to watch English film
11. ( ) Does he ______ English moves?
A. enjoy to watch B. enjoys seeing C. likes watching D. enjoy watching
12. ( ) Which is wrong? _________ is a good idea to learn English.
A. Listening to real English songs B. Watching American films
C. Reading lots of newspaper in English D. Translating every words
13. ( ) Can you tell me _________ English well?
A. how to learn B. what to learn C. how can I learn
14. ( ) Look, Mr. Li is ______ the visitors ______ our school.
A. show , around B. showing, around C. showed, around
15. ( ) I want to know ______.
A. where is the park B. how can I get to the park C. where the park is.
16. ( ) ________ did you get on your 14th birthday?
A. What else B. What also C. How else D. When else
17. ( ) Why not write the correct words next to the mistakes?
A. You are right. B. Good idea. C. you’re welcome. D. I’m sorry.
18. What questions do you have _____ learning vocabulary? A. to B. over C. at D. about
19. ( ) I’m not good at ________ . A. understand real English B. singing English songs
C. read English stories D. sending emails at my friends
20. How about buying some food and __ a picnic in the park? A. have B. hasC. had D. having
21.What about at home ? A. staying B. stay C. stayed D. to stay
22.Don’t forget your homework. A. to do B. doing C. did D. does
1. Linda, your answer is wrong. Who can give me a ___ answer?
A. basic B. deep C. slow D. correct
2. I’d like to say thanks to Tony because he often helps me ______ my English.
A. for B. with C. at D. on
3. Can you give me some ___ on learning Chinese? A. advice B. marks C. wishes D. paper
4. My English teacher asked me to __ the English words with the pictures.
A. say B. match C. speak D. draw
( )5. I want to __ your English book. Mine is lost. A. forget B. sell C. choose D. borrow
( )6. Sally often ______ at me. I think she is friendly and I like to play with her.
A. smiles B. shouts C. hears D. remembers
( )7. Please _________ your name and address on a piece of paper.
A. put down B. get down C. write down D. sit down
8. I’m not good at English grammar. I often make some grammar ___ in English exams.
A. marks B. mistakes C. newspapers D. group
( )9. The girl is very _____. She doesn’t like to speak to anyone.
A. low B. shy C. friendly D. tall
( )10-What do you often do in the evening? I often ______ emails to my pen friends.
A. send B. hear C. borrow D. repeat
( )11. It’s a good idea ______ English in the morning every day.
A. look B. to look C. read D. to read
( )12. There ______ a football match on TV tomorrow morning.
A. is going to have B. will have C. is going to be D. was going to be
13. -Did you go to the cinema yesterday? -___. But I went to see my aunt with my father.
A. Yes, I did B. No, I didn’t C. No, I have D. Yes, I do
14. Next week my parents and I are going to Hong Kong for travelling.-
A. Enjoy yourselves B. I’m fine, thank you C. You’re welcome D. I’m very sorry
( )15. —Why don’t you go to spend Spring Festival with me?—____________.
A. I am English B. I don’t like it C. I like it very much D. That’s a good idea
M1四，选择题1.Mother ________ me a nice present on my next birthday.
A. will gives B. will give C. gives D. give
2.He __ her a beautiful hat on her next birthday.A. gives B. gave C. will give D. is going giving
3. He _ in three days. A.coming back B. came backC.will come back Dis going to coming back
4. Who ________ ________ swimming with us tomorrow afternoon?
A. will; go B. do; go C. will; going D. shall; goes
5. The day after tomorrow they ________ a volleyball match.
A. will watch B. watches C. is watching D. to watch
6. They ________ an English evening next Sunday.
A. are having B. are going to have C. will having D. is going to have
7. ____ you _____ free next Sunday? A. Will; are B. Will; be C. Do; be D. Are; be
8. He _____ there at ten tomorrow morning. A. will B. is C. will be D. be
9. I ____ _____ a teacher in the future. A. will, be B. is, be C. is, being D. will, is
10.They ____ _____ to the park next Sunday. A. will goes B. will go C. is going D. will go
11.My family ____ ___ to church next weekend. A. will go B. goes C. will going D. is going
12.My mother will ____ me a pencil tonight. A. gives B. giving C. give
13.He ______ play football tomorrow. A. will B. is C. be
14.My grandpa and grandma ____ ____ to see us in two days.
A. will coming B. will come C. is coming D. are coming
15.She __ __ TV this evening. A. wills watch B. will watching C. is watching D. will watch
16.My grandpa ____ _____ at home the day after tomorrow.
A. will stay B. wills stay C. will stays D. is staying
17.Mom will _____ back soon. A. comes B. coming C. comes D. come
M2。一选择题1. I’d like _______Cambridge some day. A. visit B. visits C. to visit D. visiting
2. Our city has a _______population. A. small B. few C. little D. much
3. Bill is _______taller than Danny.A. many B. much C. more D. little
4. Urumqi is _______the west of China. A. in B. at C. on D. to
5. There are two ____people living in the city.A. hundreds B. million C. millions D. thousands
6. -Is that your brother Bill?-No, he isn’t. He’s Tony. Tony is_______ than Bill.
A. tall B. taller C. tallest D. more tall
M2 二。选择题1. Guangzhou is ______ south of China. A. in B. on C. to
( ) 2. The table is _______. A. long 2 meters B. 2 meter long C. two meters long
( ) 3. China is famous _____ the Great Wall. A. at B. for C. of
( ) 4. ___________ is the capital of China. A. Shanghai B. Guangzhou C. Beijing
( ) 5. Britain is _____ island. A. a B. an C. /
( ) 6. _______ is the population of Foshan? A. How many B.How much C. What
( ) 7. The population of this village _____ only nine hundred, it is very small.
A. are B. has C. is
8. China is a great country, it ____ 1.3 billion people. A. are B. has C. is
9. ____ is the weather like in summer in Urumqi? A. How B.What C. When
10. He’s always on time. He’s never early ____________ late. A. and B.or C. but
( ) 11. My hometown is _________ the Beijing River. A. in B.on C. over
( ) 12. China is a great country ______ a long history. A. in B. from C. with M316.--How about watching TV at home?--It’s too _______.Let’s play football.
A. boring B. interesting C. exciting D. relaxing
17. You need_______ your homework this afternoon.. A. do B. does C. to do D. doing
8. I think playing basketball is__ dangerous than swimming .A. more B. very C.better D. much
19. The teacher was very pleased_______ Tony’s answer. A. with B. on C. in D. for
20. He is not good at learning English and he always does his homework_______.
A. quiet B. slowly C. quick D. careful
21.--What’s the matter_______ Betty?--She lost her wallet. A. at B. for C. inD. with
22. The_______ you work, the_______ grades you will get.
A. hard; good B. harder; better C. hardest; best D. harder; good
23. It’s important_______ the piano well. A. of him to play B. for him to play C. of him playing D. for him playing
24. I don’t like swimming, __I won’t join the swimming club. A. because B. so C. why
25.—I’m sorry. I can’t play baseball with you. —_______.
A. Thank you B. Never mind C. Excuse me D. Have a good time
M4 一.选择题1.It was really a(n) ____ story. A. afraid B. excited C. exciting D. worried
2. Everyone was _______ in the _______ news.
A. interesting, interesting B. interested, interested.
C.interesting, interested D. interested, interesting
3. Look the _______ baby. ______ lovely it is!
A. sleeping, What B. sleeping, How C. asleep, What D. asleep, How 4
4.My pronunciation is poor, but his is even__ .A. better B. worse C. good D. bad
5. Which town is _______ from here, Beijing or Shanghai?
A. far B. farther C. farthest D. the farthest
6. She knows _______ about history than most people. A. more B. much C. most D. many
7. It takes ____ time to go there by plane than by train. A. little B. much C. less D. least
8. To my joy, it was much _______ than I thought.
A. more easy B. more easier C. much easy D. much easier
9. The house is not ________ for so many people. We must find ______ one.
A. big enough, a bigger B. enough big, a biggerC. big enough, bigger D. enough big, bigger
10.Canada is larger than ___ country in Asia.A. any B. any other C. other D. another
11. "A ______ accident happened at 7:30 a.m." said the policeman _______.
A. serious, serious B. seriously, seriously C. seriously, serious D. serious, seriously
12. ________ is it from our school to Lupu Bridge?
A. How long B. How often C. How far D. How much
13. In our city, it is ______ in July, but it is even _______ in August.
A. hotter; hottest B. hot; hot C. hotter; hot D. hot; hotter
14. This pencil is__ that one. A. so long as B. as longer as C. longer than D. not as longest as
15. The station is two kilometers __ the hospital. A. away to B. far away C. far from
16. Beijing has ______ many buses that there is often a traffic jam in rush hours.
A. so B. very C. too D. much
17. This box is ___ heavy ____ I can't carry it. A. too, to B. so, that C. very, that D. too, that
18. India has the second ___ population in the world. A. larger B. most . smallest D. largest
19. Mary received ________ many postcards at Christmas. A. so B. such C. too D. even
20. The cake smells ______. Please throw it away. A. good B. badly C. bad D. well
M4二选择题 1. Mrs King kept weighing herself to see how much _______ she was getting.
A.heavy B. heavier C. the heavier D. the heaviest
( ) 2. Peter drives ____ Amy, so it will take Peter ____ time to get to the hotel. (08常州）
A.much faster than; less B. more slowly than; lessC. as fast as; more D. as slowly as; more
( ) 3. This morning Jack came to school ____ than ______ student in his class. (08无锡）
A.much late; any B. much late; any other C. much later; any D. much later; any other
( ) 4. Daniel is a careful driver, but he drives ________ of my friends. (08苏州）
A. more carefully B. the most carefully C. less carefully D. the least carefully
( ) 5. When an earthquake happens, and you are outdoors, you should keep calm and go to an open area as _______ as possible.A. slowly B. quietlyC. widely D. quickly
6. Haven't seen you for ages! You are now much _____ than I. A.tall B. taller C. tallest
( ) 7. -How are you today, Bob?--I'm even ___ now. I don't think the medicine is good for me.
A. better B. worse C. happier D. unluckier
( ) 8. Helen learns to dance three times a week. Now she dances ___ Anita does. (08宿迁)
A. so good as B. as well as C. as good as D. so well as
16. The Yellow River is the second ___river in China.A. longerB. the longestC. longest D. long
17. --_______ does Kitty go to school？--She takes the bus. A.What B.How C.When M4三．选择题 1. -How long will Philip stay here?- Two ______ weeks till he leaves.
A. many B. much C. more D. most
2.Which of those radios sounds ____?The smallestone. A.good B.well C. better D. best
( ) 3. Of the two T-shirts, I’d choose the ___ one to save some money for a book. (09苏州)
A. cheapest B. cheaper C. more expensive D. most expensive
( ) 4. Simon’s idea is ________ Sandy’s. They don’t agree with each other. (09南通)
A. the same as B. similar to C. as good as D. different from
( ) 5. I’m much ______ than my two friends, but I jump ________ of us three. (09南通)
A. taller; higher B. shorter; higher C. taller; highest D. shorter; highest
6Was Henry late for the concert yesterday?-No. He got there even ten minutes ___ than us two.
A. earlier B. earliest C. later D. latest
7. Is Linda’s home __ away from school than Millie’s?
-Yes, it is. Linda lives two miles away but Millie lives nearby. (09连云港)
A. farther B. farthest C. further D. furthest
( ) 8. Lily is ________ hard-working than any other student in her class. (09淮安)
A. much B. more C. most D. the most
( ) 9. I’m his best friend. I know him well----Probably _________ than anyone else. (09盐城)
A. less B. wider C. better D. deeper
( ) 10. ----Mark speaks English well, but you ________ him. (09常州)
A. speak as badly as B. speak worse than C. don’t speak so badly as D. speak much better than M5.一。选择题1. He wants ______ some vegetables.A. buy B. buying C. to buy D. buys
2. Don't forget ______ your homework with you when you come to school.
A. to bring B. bringing C. to take D. taking
3. He found it very difficult ______.A. sleeping B. sleeps C. slept D. to fall asleep
4__ the street, there is a bookshop.A by the end of B. in the endC. at the end of D. in the end of
5. Is ______ necessary to return the book tomorrow?A. this B. that C. it D. which
6. I'm afraid they would not allow him __ here.A. to smoke B. smoking C. smokes D. smoke
7. On my way home, I stopped _______ some food.A. buy B. to buy C. buying D. bought
8. The first thing I want to do is ___.A.visit to him B. to visit him C visiting himD. visited him
9. Li Yang advised me _________ too much, otherwise I would have been drunk.
A. not to drink B. to drink C. not drinking D. drinking
10. Would you like something ______?A. drink B. drinking C. to drink D. drinks
11. I have a lot of homework ______.A. do B. doing C. did D. to do
12. He is not an easy man ______.A. get on B. to get on C. get on with D. to get on with
13. -Would you like to go to the cinema with us?-Yes, _____. What time are we going to meet?
A. I would B. I would like C. I like to D. I'd like to
14. Would you like to go for a picnic with us?______. What time are we going to meet?
A. No, I can't B. Yes, I'm glad C. Yes, I'd love to D. I'd like
15. Please stop ______ a rest if you feel tired.A. to have B. having C. have D. has
16Why didn't you buy some bread on your way home?-Sorry, I forgot __ some money with me.
A. take B. taking C. to take D. took
17. --Let's have a rest, shall we? --Not now, I can't stop ______ the letters.
A. write B. to write C. writing D. and write
M5二选择题1. Don't forget _____ the letter. A. to send B. send C. sending D. being sent
2. Mother told me ________ the water before I drank it.A. boiling B.boiled C. boil D. to boil 6
3He arrived at the office early, ___ a good example to the others.A.set B.to setC. to be set
4. Please make my excuse at tomorrow’s meeting --I’ve got too much work ______.
A. to do to come B. doing coming C. to do coming D. to do coming
5. Please remember ______ the plants while I’m away.
A. watering B. to be watering C. to water D. being watering
6. I’d like ______ over the Alps and looking down at the mountains.
A. flying B. being flying C. to be flying D. be flying
7. The husband advised ____ to the south, but his wife advised him ___ up the idea
A. moving, giving B. to move, to give C. moving, to give D. to move, giving
8. “Would you like to come for a walk with me?” “I’d prefer _____, thank you.”
A. not to B. to not C. not D. can’t
9. I would mend your radio, but I don’t know ______.A. how B. to C. how to D. to how
10. We all agreed ______ for another day, but Jim disagreed ______.
A. to wait, to do so B. to wait, 不填C. waiting, doing so D. waiting, 不填
M5三.选择题1. It's our duty ___ the room every day.A. to clean B. cleaned C. clean D. cleans
2. It's hard for us _________ English well.A. learn B. learns C. to learn D. learning
3. It's very nice _________ you to get me two tickets _________ the World Cup.
A. for， of B. of， for C. to， for D. of， to
4. Robert often asks us ______ his Chinese, so his Chinese is much better than before.
A. help him B. to help him with C. to help with D. helps him with
5. Mr Li often teaches his Japanese friends ___ Chinese food.A. cook B. cooks C. to cook
6. She went ______ her teacher. A. to see B. looks C. saw D. seeing
7. Meimei likes English very much. She does her best ______ English well.
A. learn B. learning C. to learn D. learns
8. I'm sorry ______ that. A. hears B. hearing C. hear D. to hear
9. I'm sorry ______ you.A. trouble B. to trouble C. troubling D. troubled
10. My mother was very glad ______ her old friend.A. to meet B. meet C. met D. meets
11. We saw him __ the building and go upstairs.A. to enter B. enter C. entering D. entered
12. So much work usually makes them ___ very tired.A. to feel B. feels C. feeling D. feel
13. Your father is sleeping. You'd better ______.
A. not wake up him B. not to wake up him C. not wake him up D. not to wake him up 4Mr Black asked the man ___ the queue.A. not to jumpB.to not jumpC. didn't jumpD. not jump
15. The old man told the child ______ noisy.A. not be B. not to be C. to not be D. be not
16. There is going to ______ an important meeting tomorrow. Please try ______ late.
A. have，not to be B. have，not be C. be，not to be D. be，not be
17. When I was walking in the street I saw a plane ______ over my head.
A. flies B. flying C. flew D. to fly
18.She saw it __ when she was walking past.A.happen B.happensC. happeningD.to happen M6一选择题
1. His parents allow him________his friends on weekends but don't allow _________out late.
A meeting;to stay B to meet;to stay C meeting;staying D to meet;staying
2. It is believed that if a book is ____, it will surely ____ the reader.
A. interested; interest B. interesting; be interested
C. interested; be interesting D. interesting; interest
3. We need the environment. A. protecting B.protect C. to protect 4-Can you help me，Betty? --Sorry, I have a lot of things ____.. A. to do B. doing C. for doing
5. He was so to see the elephant. A. excited B. exciting C. interesting
D. find out M6二选择题1.He knows nothing about it, so he can’t help _________ any of your work.
A. doing B. to do C. being doing D. to be done
2.While shopping, people sometimes can’t help ______ something they don’t really need.
A. to buy B. buying C. bought D. to be bought
3. There are a lot of visitors ___ there. There will be several buses __ them there.
A. wait; to take B. to wait; taking C. waiting; taking D. waiting; to take
4. Pandas born in the zoos may go back to __ the nature reserves and they ___ bamboos.
A. live in; live at B. live; live on C. live in; live on D. live on; live in
5. We still have a long way _____ the animals in danger.
A. go to protect B. to go to protect C. to go protecting D. go protect
6.Some scientists are trying to find out the __ of the accident.A.cause B.reason C.why D. start
7.Aper-making is ______ of ancient China.
A one of greatest inventor B.one of greatest invention
C.one of the greatest inventors D.one of the greatest inventions
8.Mrs. Wang is one of the most popular _____ in our school.
A. teacher B. teachers C. the teacher D. teaching
9. love Gaozhou because it is becoming _____.
A. more and more beautiful B. beautiful and beautiful
C. clean and clean D. more and more clean
10. Fresh water is becoming _______ on the earth.
A. little and little B. less and less C. less or less D. fewer and fewer
1. A. as well B. for example C. such as D. as well as
in autumn.A. to visit B. visit C. visiting D. will visit
3. Miss Zhang told us B. an interesting C. an interested D. an interest
B. others C. the other D. another
5. With our help, the pandas will have enough food A. to eat B. eating C. eating D. eat
English over there.
A. practicing speaking B. practice speaking C. practicing speak D. practice speak
7. The fact is very _____. I am very ______ at it.
A. surprising; surprising B.surprised; surprised C. surprising; surprised D. surprised; surprising
8.I have some difficulty _____ to each other in the classroom.
A. to speak B. not to speak C. don’t speak D. speaking
9. It’s very important _____ us _____ hard.
A. for; to study B. of; to studying C. for; studying D. of; studying
10. The young man is ____ carry that heavy bag.
A. strong enough to B. enough strong C. not strong enough D. strong enough