1. Nearly all the streets are in straight lines, ________ from east to west. Those ________ run from north to south are called avenues.
A. running; that
B. run; who
C. running; who
D. run; that
2. This is the case ________ he’s had all his money stolen.
D. on which
3. Mr. Smith will pay a visit to Beijing this autumn, ________ we will enjoy the Olympic Games in 2008.
4. The artist will not paint people or animals but he will paint anything ________ .
A. that the little girl asks him
B. the little girl asks him to
C. for the little girl to ask him
D. what the little girl asks him
5. —How did you get in touch with the travel agent, Robin?
—Oh, that’s easy. I surfed the Internet and then called one ________ the telephone number is provided.
B. in which
C. of which
6. October 15 th is my birthday, ________ I will never forget.
7. The treatment will continue until the patient reaches the point ________ he can walk correctly and safely.
8. There are several research centers in China ________ a certain disease called Bird Flu is being studied.
9. I hope that the little ________ I have been able to do does good to them all.
10. The time is not far away ________ modern communications will become widespread in China’s vast countryside.
11. ________ is known to everybody, Taiwan is a part of China. We must unify it.
12. I shall never forget the day ________ Shen Zhou V was launched, ________ has a great effect on my life.
A. when, which
B. that, which
C. which, that
D. when, that
13. The bread my wife makes is much better than ________ you can buy at a store.
A. that which
B. one that
C. that of which
D. this of which
14. There is no such place ________ you dream of in all this world.
15. The people, ________ had been damaged by the flood, were given help by the Red Cross.
A. all whose homes
B. all of whose homes
C. all their homes
D. all of their homes
16. The humans are destroying nature day by day, ________ of course, will cause severe punishment from it sooner or later.
C. on which
17. Is this research center ________ you visited the modern equipment last year?
C. the one that
D. the one where
18. Some pictures of the river brought the days back to the old ________ they swam in it.
19. The man showed us so heavy a stone ________ no man can lift.
20. He stayed there for quite a long time, during ________ time he learned much spoken English.
1. A. 主语与run(延伸)是主动关系，所以用现在分词。Those指街道，所以不用who而用tha来引导定语从句。
2. B. 因为在此题中where引导定语从句表示“在这种种况下”，与in which相当。
3. A. 因为先行词是Beijing而不是this autumn所以用where引导定语从句。
4. B. 答案B是省略了关系代词that的定从句，另外，to后还省略了动词原形paint。
5. C. 因为of which引导定语从句，并在从句中作定语。of which the telephone number= whose telephone number。
6. D. 因为这是个非限制性定语从句，先行词是前面一句话的内容。
7. B. 因为表示“阶段、程度、地步”的the point在定语从句中作地点状语，所以where 引导定语从句。
8. B. 因为先行词是research centers并在定语从句中作状语，所以用where。
9. C. 因为当先行词是表示事物的
all, little, few, much, anything, everything, nothing等时，多用that引导定语从句。
10. 因为先行词是the time，且在定语从句中作状语，所以用when引导。此题的先行词定语从句被主句谓语分开了，要善于辨别。
11. B. 先行词是Taiwan is a part of China整个主句，一般由as或which引导定语句但which引导的定语从句只能放在主句后
It is known to everybody that Taiwan is
= What is known to everybody is that Taiwan is
12. A. 两空都是考查定语从句，先行词分the day和Shen Zhou V was launched, the day在定语从句中作状语，用when引导；后句是非限制性定语从句，不能用that，用which。
13. A. 因为替代不可数名词 (the bread) 只能用that，排除B和D；又因为先行词that(the bread) 在定语从句中作buy的语which，所以选A。
14. D. 当定语从句的先行词前有such, so, as等词语时，由as引导，并且as在定语从主语或宾语，as在此题中作
dream of的宾语。注意：在表示“如此以致”的such/so that结构中，that不作任何句子
15. B. 考查非限制性定语从句，
all of whose homes = all of their homes 他们所有的房子。
16. D. 因为先行词是前面整个句子，且在从句中作主语，所以用which。of course是插入语。
17. D. 将疑问句改为陈述句：this research center is显然缺少先行词，必须加上代词the one来作先行词，又因定语从句不缺主语或宾语，所以用关系副词where。假若在this后加the，就选where，请想想这是为什么。
18. A. 因为先行词是the days，并在定语从句中作状语。
19. B. 当先行词前有so时，用as引导定语从句，as在从句中作主语或宾语。假若在lift后加上it，答案就是that了，请想想这是为
20. C. 因前后均的句子，必须要选连词，排除B和D；又因在介词后不能用that来引导定语句，所以选C。during which time在那段时间里。