九 年 级 英 语 试 题
1. Which city has Mr. Green gone to?
2. What happened last night?
3. What's the speaker talking about?
4. When did the PE teacher come to this school? A . B.
5. How much is John's watch?
A. Fifty yuan. B. Fifteen yuan. C. Thirty five yuan.
6. The tea isn't grown in _______________.
A. China. B. England. C. India.
7.How old is Susan? She is ______________ years old.
A. 14. B. 12. C. 16.
8.When did Mr. Wu come to this school? He came here ____________.
A. since five years ago. B. for five years. C. five years ago.
9.What color is Jill's car?
A. Black. B. Light blue. C. Dark blue.
10.Why does the man need to leave work early?
A. Because he has to go to the airport to meet a customer.
B. Because he isn't able to speak at the meeting.
C. Because he has to pick his wife up at the airport.
11. Why does the man look tired?
A. Because he went cycling with a friend and forgot the time.
B. Because he did his homework and forgot the time.
C. Because he watched TV very late and forgot the time.
12. What does the woman ask him to do?
A. She wants him to walk around the city slowly.
B. She wants him to do his homework earlier.
C. She wants him to go to bed earlier.
13. A. March 23 B. May 23 C. June 22
14. A. Toyota Center B. Staples Center C. United Center
15. A. 139:137 B.137:139 C. 129:127
16. What does Wang Lin do?
A. He is a worker. B. He is a student. C. He is a driver.
17. What time does he get up?
A. He gets up at 6. B. He gets there at 8. C. He has breakfast at 6:30.
18. How does he go to school?
A. He goes to school by bike. B. He goes to work by bike. C. He goes to work by car.
19. Does he like English?
A. Yes, he is. B. Yes, he does. C. No, he doesn't.
20. What does he do in the evening?
A. He watches TV. B. He plays football. C. He does his homework.
二、单项选择 从下列每题所给的四个选项中, 选择一个最佳答案。（共20小题；每小题1分，满分20分）
21. We had _______ 8-day holiday during this National holidays, but some of us felt unhappy because
of _________heavy traffic on the highways.
A. an, the B. a, the C. a, a D. an, a
22. —We can use QQ to talk with each other on the Internet.
—Really? But can you tell me _______it.
A. how I can use B. how can I use C. why can I use D. when I can use
23. You had better _________ wine because you have to drive back home.
A. not drink B. don’t drink C. not to drink D. won’t drink
24. He was _______ with breaking _________ several computer systems.
A. charging; on B. to charge; in C. charged, into D. charges; to
25. It’s Sunday morning. We _______ get up early.
A. haven’t to B. hasn’t to C. don’t have to D. have not to
26. The policeman is still not sure ______ the young man killed himself or was killed.
A. if B. that C. whether D. weather
27.This morning, he arrived out of _______because he got up ________.
A. breath; late B. breath; later C. breathe; late D. breathe; later
28. You ________ play with the knife. You ________hurt yourself.
A. mustn’t; may B. mustn’t; must C. shouldn’t; must D. can’t; should
29. Not only the students but also the teacher ___ enjoying the film at 9pm yesterday.
A has been B was C are D is
30. It is reported that the victim was attacked _______ a gun_______ a short, fat man.
A. by, with B. with, by C. for, to D. to, for
31. When I got to the cinema, the film ___________ for 15 minutes.
A. has begun B. has been C. had begun D. had been on
32. One of the suspects is _________ schoolboy.
A. a 18-year-old B. an 18-years-old C. a 18 years old D. an 18-year-old
33. The soldiers ___________ a good fight against the enemies.
A. put out B. put up C. put down D. put away
34. About ______ of the books in our school library are written in Chinese.
A. four-fifth B. four-fifths C. fourth-fifths D. fourths-fifth
35. Glass can be _________many wonderful things.
A. made into B. make into C. making D. made of
36. Audrey’s death was a great _______to film fans.
A. lost B. lose C. loss D. losing
37. ________ it snowed heavily yesterday, nobody in our class missed the lesson.
A. Though B. Because C. Unless D. Since
38. —I don’t know where to go for a holiday. —______ traveling to Hainan Island?
A. Why not B. Why don’t C. Let’s D. What about
39. —What do you think of his talk on the Information Technology?
—Oh, very good. It’s worth ______.
A. listening to B. to listen to C. listening D. hearing
40. Our teacher told us time ______ for no one.
A. wait B. waiting C. waited D. waits
三、 完形填空 阅读短文, 从每题所给选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。（共15小题；每小题1分，满分15分）
Peter’s job was to examine cars when they crossed the frontier（国境） to make sure that they were 九年级英语试题 第3页（共8页）
not smuggling(走私) anything into the country. Every evening he would see a factory worker coming the hill towards the frontier, pushing a bike with a pile of goods(货物) of old straw on it. When the bike the frontier, Peter would stop the man and him take the straw off and untie（解开） it. Then he would examine the straw very 44 to see 45 he could find anything, then he would look in all the man’s pockets he let him tie the straw again. The man would then put it on his bike and go off down the hill with it. Although Peter was always to find gold or other valuable things hidden in the straw, he never found anything. He was sure the man was something, but he was not to think out what it could be.
Then one evening, after he had looked through the straw and emptied the worker’s pockets usual, he to him, “Listen, I know you are smuggling things this frontier. Won’t you tell me what it is? I’m an old man, and today is my day on the job. Tomorrow I’m going to retire(退休). I promise I shall not tell if you tell me what you’ve been smuggling.” The worker did not say anything for
41. A. towards B. down C. to D. up
42. A. arrived B. appeared C. came D. reached
43. A. ask B. order C. make D. call
44. A. carefully B. quickly C. silently D. horribly
45. A. that B. where C. how D. if
46. A. before B. after C. first D. so
47. A. lucky B. hoping C. thinking D. wondering
48. A. taking B. smuggling C. stealing D. pushing
49. A. possible B. strong C. able D. clever
50. A. like B. more C. then D. as
51. A. told B. cried C. ordered D. said
52. A. cross B. past C. across D. into
53. A. last B. first C. newest D. second
54. A. everyone B. anyone C. no one D. someone
55. A. moment B. long time C. sometime D. some time
An old woman walked into a clothes shop. She asked the salesgirl to let her have a look at a new dress on display, but the girl stood still behind the counter, taking no notice of the request.
The old woman spoke to the girl again, raising her voice a bit, but still received no answer. The old woman looked closely at the girl and nodded to her, "I am too old to see well." I can't even tell a plastic (塑料的) model from a real girl."
On hearing this, the salesgirl shouted at the old woman, " What? Did you call me a plastic model?" The old woman was greatly surprised. "On, dear me," she said. "The model can speak. Then it must be a robot of a new type."
56. The old woman wanted ______in the clothes shop.
A. to buy something B. to play a joke on someone
C. to look for someone D. to talk to the girl
57. The assistant was a ________.
A. woman B. model C. robot D. man
58. The assistant took no notice of the old woman because _______.
A. she was a plastic model
C. she was not a good assistant B. she was a robot D. she had bad hearing
Now lots of teenagers like smoking. It's a big problem. Some of them smoke,
just for fun and some think smoking looks cool. Others smoke because there are
many people around them that smoke.
As we all know, smoking is harmful, especially to students. Some teenagers
even steal money so that they can buy cigarettes. Besides, smoking does harm to
brains and it can influence studies. Finally, it is bad for health because it can
Therefore, we should protect ourselves from smoking. First, we should learn more about the danger of smoking. Second, we should keep away from people who smoke.
59. Now some teenagers like smoking because_________.
A. smoking is good for them B. their parents want them to do so
C. they think it is fun and cool D. smoking makes them comfortable
60. Smoking is harmful to_________ .
A. brains B. legs C. eyes D. hands
61. The writer of the passage wants teenagers________.
A. to smoke B. not to smoke
C. not to keep away from smoking D. to smoke less
American and British people use different greetings. In the USA the commonest greeting is “Hi”. In Britain it is “Hello!” or “How are you?” “Hi!” is creeping（不知不觉地进入）into British, too. When they are introduced to someone, the Americans say, “Glad to know you. ” The British say, “How do you do?” or “Pleased to meet you. ” When Americans say “Good-bye”, they nearly always add, “Have a good day. ” or “Have a good trip. ” etc. to friends and strangers alike. Britons are already beginning to use “Have a good day. ”
The British usually use “got” in the sense of “have”. The Americans hardly ever do. AmE: Do you have a car, room, etc. ? Yes, I do. BrE: Have you got a car, room, etc. ? Yes, I have.
There are a number of differences between American and British English in the spelling of words, e. g. check（US）/cheque（UK）. Many American words ending in “or”, e. g. honor, labor are spelt in British English with an “our,” e. g. honour, labour. Many verbs in American English with “ize” or “izing” forms, e. g. organize, realizing are spelt in BrE with “ise” or “ising”, e. g. organise, realising. In American English, “practice” is used both for the verb and noun. In BrE, the verb is spelt “practise”, and the noun “practice. ” In AmE, one writes “traveler,” while in BrE, one writes “traveller”.
It was once that British and American English would become separate (各自的)languages finally. But the opposite has happened. The links（联系）between the two countries are so strong that linguistically（语言上）,and probably culturally（文化上）too, they are closer together than ever before.
AmE—— American English BrE——British English
62. The Americans hardly say “_____”
A. Good-bye. Have a good day! B. Glad to know you!
C. Hi! D. Have you got a car?
63. What does the 3rd paragraph talk about?
A. There are lots of differences in spelling between AmE and BrE.
B. Why do the Americans and the British use different spellings.
C. There are few differences in spelling between AmE and BrE.
D. The different usages of words in AmE and BrE.
64. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. The two languages will become separate languages.
B. American English will be used more and more.
C. The two languages will be closer and closer.
D. British English will be used more and more.
65. The underlined word “predicted” means ______ in Chinese.
A. 解释 B. 预言 C. 考虑 D. 证明
Once there was a piano player in a bar (酒吧). People came just to hear him play. But one night, a lady asked him to sing a song.
“I don’t sing,” said the man.
But the lady told the waiter, “I’m tired of listening to the piano. I want the player to sing!”
The waiter shouted across the room, “Hey, friend! If you want to get paid, sing a song!”
So he did. He had never sung in public before. Now he was singing for the very first time! Nobody had ever heard the song Mona Lisa sung so beautifully!
He had talent(天赋) he was sitting on! He may have lived the rest of his life as a no-name piano player in a no-name bar. But once he found, by accident, that he could sing well, he went on working hard and became one of the best-known singers in the US. His name was Nat King Cole.
You, too, have skills and abilities. You may not feel that your talent is great, but it may be better than you think. With hard work, most skills can be improved. Besides, you may have no success at all if you just 66. The lady asked the player to sing a song because ________.
A. she had paid him for this B. she knew him very well
C. she was tired of listening to the piano. D. she enjoyed his singing
67. Nat King Cole succeeded because ________.
A. the lady helped him a lot B. he caught the chance(机会)
C. he continued to play in the bar D. he played the piano well
68. The words “sit on” in the passage probably mean “________”.
A. fail to realize B. forget to use
C. try to develop D. manage to show
69. From the story we know if you have some talent, you should __________.
A. hide it and wait B. ask others for help
C. pay no attention to it D. work hard to improve yourself
70. Which could be the best title(标题) for the passage?
A. Sing in the Bar B. Achieve Success in Life
C. Never Lose Heart D. Find Your Hidden（隐藏的） Talent
The Internet has become not only a necessary but also a virtual(虚拟的) world for people. With the development of the Internet, Internet friendship has also become very popular. Online friends are those people who have known each other through the Internet. Making Internet friends is the same as making 九年级英语试题 第6页（共8页）
pen friends. Many famous websites offer quite warm Internet friendship. One can find many people on these websites and they share the same interests. It is difficult to make friends with someone you can’t see or feel. That is the main problem of Internet friendship. A virtual friendship would not last forever without seeing each other, but it is an advantage for some people because they are afraid to speak in pubic.
On the other hand, the chances(机率） of cheating(欺骗) are very high in an Internet friendship. Some people make friends on the Internet with wrong aims. So while making friends over the Internet, one has to be very careful. Here are some suggestions for you.
? Don’t give personal information, such as your telephone number, address, location, school
name as well as your parents’ information, to strangers on the Internet.
? Do not exchange personal photos of you or any family member with people you meet over the
? Do not go to meet a person you have just met over the Internet. You’d better ask older or other
experienced people for advice if you want to go to meet an Internet friend.
? Do not accept someone’s request(要求) if you feel he or she is dishonest.
81. Being blind and deaf, the poor boy can’t __________(想象) what his future will be like.
82. They all think the _____________ (死亡) of the young man is very sad.
83. Sophie Marceau is a famous__________(法国的) actress.
84. It’s well-known that no _____________(指纹) are the same in the world.
85. Her achievements went ___________（超过）the film industry.
86. Sudden a scream broke the_____________ (silent) of the night.
87. Our English teacher is in medium _________________ (high).
88. Parents’ behavior has a great_____________ (affect) on their children.
89. Our planet, Earth is becoming more and more crowded and ___________ (pollute).
90. I like this job because I want to work ____________________(close) with children.
91. We will visit the farm if it ____________ (not rain) tomorrow。
92. Gravity is a force that stops us from____________ (float) in the air.
93. Our home town ___________(change) a lot over the years.
94. The train _______________( leave) already when we arrived.
95. I _________________( do) my homework when the light went out yesterday.
D. 根据短文内容及首字母提示, 补全空格内单词, 使短文完整、通顺，每空一词（共10空；每
空1分，满分10分） having any hobby, life won’t be as colorful 乐
器)，reading, and d__99____ sport activities. When I am in a blue mood, I will also do my hobbies to myself up. Hobbies can help us our moods. Many hobbies devotion(执着over in order to perform good music. After a period (时期)if you still enjoy it, gradually it will become a unless you dig it out yourself. If you can treat study as one of your hobbies, life will be more enjoyable.
She ___________________into __________Chinese history
Why not _______________ to ________________________ in the TV play?
I have _________________ to______________ with my friends
I heard ___________________________ 5,000,000 yuan.
He was __________________ with his cousin _______________.
Have you heard of Gangnam Style? What do you know about the singer who sings this song?
PSY comes from
Let’s sing and dance to the song Gangnam Style together now!
第Ⅰ卷 （选择题，共85 分）
一、听力（共20 小题，每小题1 分，计20 分）
ACCBC BCCBA BCABA BAABC
21-30 AAACC DAABB 31-40 DDBBA CADAD
41-55 DDCAD ABBCD DCABD
四、阅读理解（共15 小题，每小题2 分，计30 分）
56-60 AACCA 61-65 BDACB 66-70 CBADD
第Ⅱ卷 （非选择题，共60 分）
任务型阅读 （共10 小题，每小题1 分，计10 分）
71. friendship 72. Advantages 73. afraid 74. same 75. difficult
76. suggestions 77. strangers 78. exchange 79. meeting 80. honest
五、词汇（共25 小题，每小题1 分，计25 分）
81-85 imagine death French fingerprints beyond
86-90 silence height effect polluted closely
91-95 doesn’t rain floating has changed had left was doing
96.hobbies 97.Without 98.collecting 99.doing 100.cheer 101.change 102.need 103.example 104.practise 105.like
六、写作。 (计20分) A. 根据所给提示将下列各句译成英语。(共5小题，每小题2分；计10分)
B. 书面表达（共l 题，计15 分）
Have you heard of Gangnam Style? What do you know about the singer who sings this song?
PSY comes from Korea. His nickname is Uncle Bird. He was born in December 11, 1977. He is fat and has small eyes. He always wears a pair of sunglasses and this makes him very cool. He speaks both Korean and English. He has a sister and he lives with his father. He got married in 2006 and has twin daughters. He is an experienced singer and he is good at Hip-Hop and Rap Music. His main songs are Birds, Gangnam Styles and so on. Gangnam Style is one of his most popular songs. It made him famous immediately throughout the world, This song is liked by people of all ages. And it has turned into many 九年级英语试题 第9页（共8页）
other kinds of “styles”
Let’s sing and dance to the song Gangnam Style together now!