Unit 8 Thanksgiving
1. Americans have been celebrating Thanksgiving in one way or another since 1600s. 美国人自十七世纪以来一直以各种方式庆祝感恩节。
2. At that time, the leader were searching for a holiday that could bring the people together as one nation. 当时领导层正在寻找一个节日能把全体人民作为一个整体团结起来。
search for 寻找、探索
search sb. 搜身
3. So it seemed that the settlers and Indian lived happily together.
4. …, a war broke out between the settlers and the Indians.
break out 指火灾、战争等突然发生、爆发
5. Most of the Indians who were still alive ran away to live with French settlers in Canada. 绝大多数幸存的印第安人都逃到了加拿大与法国移民生活在一起。
alive a. 多作表语，则要使用live或living
6. She would have no face, nor could she talk to the people…
— Is that all? Do you want __________? — That’s enough.
A. something else B. anything else C. another thing D. the others
anything else 其他的东西
Nobody believes the boy ________ Joseph.
A. without B. or C. and D. except
【解析】 except 除了