Module 3 Sporting life
Unit 3 language in use
生在过去的事情或行为，或者是要 表达将来发生的事情或行为的话， 被动语态又该如何使用呢？
You were defeated last time. I wasn’t chosen this time. Liu Xiang will also be asked to appear in Advertisements and films. When will the match be held? You won’t be allowed to watch with our fans.
同学们都已知道，被动语态的谓语部分 为“be+动词的过去分词”, 其中be 为 助动词，有形式的变化。以动词do 为
一般 do/does 现在时 一般 did 过去时 一般 will/ 将来时 be going to do
will be done be going to be done
下面让我们来看一下被动语态的疑问和 否定形式该如何表达呢？ 时态 肯定形式 否定形式 疑问形式
一般 S+ S+am/is/are Am/Is/Are 现在时 am/is/are +not+done +S+done? +done
疑问形式 Was /Were +S+done?
Will+ S +done?
S+ 一般 S+ was/were was/were 过去 +done +not+done 时 S+will be S+will not be+done +done 一般 S+ 将来 am/is/are 时 going to be done
S+ Am /Is/Are am/is/are +S+going to not going to be done? be done
如： --Was the cup broken by Tom?
--Yes, it was./ No, it wasn’t.
--Will they be allowed to go?
--Yes, they will./ No, they won’t.
下面让我们来看一下像invite sb. to do sth.等复合宾语结构在被动语态 中有变化吗？下面让我们一起来对 比一下主动语态的形式与被动语态 的形式：
宾补 O. S V. I will ask you to go to school. You will be asked (by me) to go to school. 由上可以看出，被动语态的句子是把主 动语态中的宾语提到了主语的位置，宾 语补足语位置不变。
含双宾语结构的被动语态： 含双宾语的主动结构变为被动结构时, 有两种方法： (可带双宾语的动词常有:pass, give, send, show, buy, teach等) ①将间接宾语变为主语,直接宾语保 持不变。 ②将直接宾语变为主语,间接宾语前 须有介词（一般是for或to）。
如： He gave me a book. I was given a book by him. The book was given to me by him.
③在主动语态中,动词make, let, see, hear,
feel, watch, find, notice 等后接不带to 的 不定式作宾语补足语，但变成被动语态 时，后面要加to .
如： I heard him sing in the next school. he was heard to sing in the next school. The man makes the boy do his homework. The boy is made to do his homework (by the man).
1. Her friend sent her a gift yesterday. A gift was ___ sent ___ ___her yesterday by her to friend. She____ was ____ sent a g
ift yesterday by her friend.
2. My father bought me a new bike. A new bike ____ _____ ___me by my was bought for father. I was ___bought _____a new bike by my father.
1. Work in pairs . Ask and answer.
when / the next Olympic Games / hold? When will the next Olympic Games be held ?
1. who / choose / represent China / the next Olympics ? the best sports stars / choose / represent China
Who will be chosen to represent China the next Olympics ?
The best sports stars will be chosen to represent China .
2. what / Liu Xiang / ask / to do / in the future? He / ask / appear films and record music
What will Liu Xiang be asked to do in the future ?
He will be asked appear films and record music .
3. how / Liu Xiang help / by a special prgramme in the past ? his races / record / and his performance /compare / with best sports sports stars How was Liu Xiang helped by a special prgramme in the past?
His races were recorded and his performance was compared with best sports stars .
4. how many gold medals/win/China at the Athens OlympIcs? thirty-two gold medals/win/China at the Athens Olympics
How many gold medals were won by China at the Athens Olympics ? Thirty-two gold medals were won by China at the Athens Olympics .
5. where/the most successful students at China's sports school/train? they/train/at the National Training Centre Where were the most successful students at China's sports school trained ?
They were trained at the National Training Centre .
2. Complete the passage with the correct form of the words .
Millions of people around the world (1) watched _____________(watch) the last Olympic Games . And the next Olympic Games (2)________________ (see) by millions will be seen more . Some stars of the last Olympics (3) _________ trained (train) at special schools . Special programme was set up help them .
There , students’ performance (4) was recorded (record) and (5) _____________ _____________ (compare) with the compared world's beat sports stars . The coaches used (6) _________ (use) the information to chaining programmes , The same will programmes (7) ___________ also ____________ be helped (help) to make the stars of the future .
3. Look at the pictures and put them in the correct order.
Now work in pairs and discuss the true event of the Olympics In London , 1908 , Use the words under each picture .
An Italian marathon runner, Dorando Pietri, entered the stadium and took a wrong turn. He fell down.
He was treated by a doctor.
He was helped across the finishing line.
He was awarded first place.
An hour later, after a discussion, the American Johnny Hayes was given first place instead.
4. Complete the conversation with the correct form of the words in the box.
compare competition defeat encourage fan match point team train win
Ted: Did you watch the match on Saturday? fan Bob: Yes , I did . I’m a big (1) _____ of BIG. Ted: Oh , BIG is my favourite (2) ______, team too. Bob: I'm very happy b
ecause they did competition . so well in the (3) ___________ Ted: Yes , they have scored so many (4) ______this season. points
Bob:They’ve(5)_____every match so far... won Ted: And that must have (6) __________ encouraged them a lot. Bob: Do you think they'll (7) ______ defeat HAS ? trained Ted: Yes , I do . They’ve (8) ______very hard this season . Bob: Yes , and I think BIG play very well (9) __________with HAS now . compared
5. Choose the best answer.
1. Xu Haifeng won the first gold ____ in Olympic Game for China. a) medal b) symbol c) prize d) point 2. Liu Xiang _______ by his coach to train regularly. a) told b) was advised c) was defeated d) compared
3. The team played well , but they didn't ______ the competition . a) score b) do c) win d) succeed 4. Mr Li ________ to represent the new computer company because of his great contribution. a) were noticed b) was chosen c) set up d) help
5. Our team entered the ____ after we won 50 matches. a) competition b) season c) medal d) training 6. BIG ______ Beijing International Globetrotter. a) makes b) spells c) stands for d) looks like
7. Our team lost ! They _____ by the champions. a) noticed b) were defeated c) won d) were encouraged
√ × × ×
6 Listen and check the true statements. 1 She found her training difficult when she first started doing taekwondo. 2 She trains without a coach . 3 She is a very tough person , even when she isn’t doing sports . 4 She didn’t win a gold medal at the Athens Olympic Games. 5 Chen Zhong won’t be in the next Olympic Games.
7. Listen again and choose the correct answer.
1. Who encouraged her to continue with her training? a) Her coach and her. b) Her friends. c) Her fans.
2. How does she change when she is in a competition? a) She becomes tough. b) She becomes shy. c) She becomes happy.
3. What does Chen Zhong want to do in the future? a) To set up a taekwondo school. b) To encourage people to take part in the Olympics. c) To win another gold medal in the next Olympic Games.
The Paralympic Games In 1948 , Sir Ludwig Guttmann , a doctor at a hospital in England , began using sport as part of his patients' treatment . He set up a competition with other hospitals at the same time as the
London Olympic in that year .Over the next ten year , the competition grew bigger and bigger with more hospitals in England taking part . In 1960,at the Rome Olympics , Guttmann brought 400 athletes to compete . The modern parallel Olympics (or "Paralympics") were born.
More and more people take part in Paralypics , and at the Paralympics in Sydney. a total of 125 countries took part .Crowded stadiums and enormous media coverage across the world made this the beat Paralympics ever.
Making a class sports survey
9. Work in groups . Write questions to find out about the sport people like to watch and do . * What sports do you like? * How often...? * Do you like to...or...? Carry out your survey. * Ask as many students as you can
to answer your questions.
Write the results of your survey.
?Say how many students you asked
the questions were. We asked...student “ What...?” ?Compare their answers . … students said ... and ... students said ...
1. —What beautiful flowers in the garden! —Yeah! They ________ here last year. [06宁波] A planted B were planted C are planted D will be planted
2. Please be quiet. We are not allowed _____much noise in the reading room. [06 江苏泰州] A to make C making B make D to making