1. China is old country with long history .
A. The ; an ; a B. / ; a ; the C. / ; an ; a D. The ; a ; a
2. A group of are talking with two .
A. Frenchmen ; Germen B. Frenchmen ; Germans
C. German ; Frenchmen D. Germans ; Frenchmans
3. Let’s go and have a drink . We’ve got time before the train leaves .
A. little B. few C. a few D. a little
4. Nobody knows what happened her the morning of May 8 .
A. for ; in B. with ; on C. to ; on D. at ; in
5. I live on floor of the hotel , so I have to take a lift .
A. twenty-seventh B. twenty-seven
C. the twenty-seventh D. the twenty-seven
6. — If you don’t like the red coat , how about the green one ?
— OK, but do you have size in green ? This one’s a bit small for me .
A. a big B. the big C. a bigger D. the bigger
7. My English used to be very poor . I wanted to give up , Dad would encourage me to work harder .
A. However B. Whatever C. Whenever D. Wherever
8. — Would you like to go to the concert with me ?
— I’d love to , I can’t . I have a lot of homework to do .
A. or B. so C. but D. and
9. I won’t return the book to the library because I reading it .
A. wasn’t finish B. don’t finish
C. haven’t finished D. won’t finish
10. He told me he her with her maths the next evening .
A. will help B. would help C. helps D. is helping
11. I have got a lot of CDs of the most popular singers . I can’t decide .
A. which one to listen to B. to listen to which one
C. which one should I listen to D. what I should listen to
12. He in the bathroom , but he was . We didn’t know who had killed him .
A. was found ; dead B. was found ; dying
C. found , dead D. is found ; died
13. I’m looking at the photograph you sent me with your letter .
A. who B. which C. whom D. it
14. — I don’t know if he to Kate’s birthday party .
— He’s sure to go if he .
A. goes ; knows B. will go ; knows
C. goes ; will know D. go ; know
15. — Must we clean the classroom now ?
— No , you .
A. must B. needn’t C. aren’t D. mustn’t