1.Can you ______ his name at the moment ?
A. think over B. think about C. think of D. think for
2. The girl succeeded in ______ a job in the big city .
A. get B. getting C. got D. to get
3. The new-designed car is on show now . I wonder ____ .
A. how much it cost B. how much did it cost
C. how much it costs D. how much does it cost
4. Ted tried his best , _______ he didn’t catch up with the others at last .
A. so B. or C. and D. but
5. Granny often tells us _____ water in our daily life .
A. save B. saving C. to save D. saves
6.The old man was still ________ when he was taken to hospital .
A. alive B. livable C. lively D. living
7. Hangzhou is famous ________ producing silk in China .
A. from B. at C. in D. for
8.I ____ a gift yesterday , but I didn’t know who sent it to me .
A. accept B. accepted C. receive D. received
9. Mr. Green asked us to stop ______ , so we stopped ____ to him at once .
A. talking , listening B. to talk , listening
C. talking , to listen D. talking , to listening
10. –Smoking is bad for your health .
-Yes , I know . But I simply can’t ______ .
A. give it up B. give it in C. give it out D. give it away
11.I get up very early ______ I won’t be late for school .
A. so that B. because C. since D. when
12. We believe scientists will ______ a way to solve the problem of air pollution .
A. set off B. put off C. come up with D. catch up with
13. This song was very popular _____ .
A. in 1990’s B. in the 1900s C . in the 1990s’ D. at the 1900s
14.I want to devote ______ to my job .
A. me B. my C. mine D. myself
A. except B. but C. beside D. besides
15 . We need a room _______ .
A. to live B. living C. to live in D. lived
16. I hope that you will set a good example _____ us .
A. about B. to C. with D. for
17 .My cousin becomes more and more lively _______ .
A. days after days B. day after day C. a day after day
D. day and day
18 .It’s cold outside . You need ____ warm clothes .
A. wearing B. to wear C. wore D. worn
19. The teenagers should learn ______ the housework at home .
A. doing B. did C. to do D. does
20. More and more young people are doing their best _____ the old.
A. help B. to help C.helped D. helps
21. The book is _____ in French . I can’t understand it .
A. writing B. written C. wrote D. writes
22. –We can use QQ to chat with each other on the Internet . -Really ? Will you please show me ______ it ?
A. how to use B. what to use C. how can I use D. what can I use
23.Her friend died ______ cancer last month .
A. in B. off C. of D. out
24. Doctor Wang often asks us ____ too much meat .
A. don’t eat B. not eat C. not to eat D. doesn’t eat
25. – To _______ did you give the book ?
-My cousin .
A. who B. whom C. where D. when
26. Who is the greatest man ______ ?
A. loving B. alive C. lively D. live
27. What should we _______ the great people ?
A. learn B.learn of C. learn from D. learn for
28. –Do you enjoy ______ a volunteer ?
-If you want _____ this , you’d better join us .
A. being , knowing B. to be , knowing
C. being , to know D. to be , to know
29. Would you mind _____ more slowly ? I can’t follow you .
A. speak B. spoke C. spoken D. speaking
30. My parents ____ for more than four years . I am still very sad when I think of them .
A. died B. have died C. have been died D. have been dead
31. I _____ go to bed ____11 o’clock last night .
A . didn’t , until B. doesn’t , until C. does, unless D. did , unless
32. The scientist devoted all his life _____ scientific work .
A. in B. to C. at D. with
33. The sports meeting was put off _____ the heavy rain .
A. because B. because of C. instead of D. after
34. She worked hard _______ she could pass the final exam .
A. so that B. because C. before D. or
35. All the students in our class went to the Great Wall _____ our teachers .
A. except B. besides C. but D. and
36. –Is Jack good at basketball ?
-Yes , ______ basketball he is also good at table tennis .
A. Except B. besides C. But D. Beside
37. Which do you think is a ______ place to live , the country or the city ?
A. good B. better C. best D. well
38.There is a big supermarket ______ the bookstore ____ the post
A. both, of B. both , and C. between ,and D. between , of
39. Betty became a nurse _____ the age of 20 _____ 2001 .
A.at, on B. in , in C. on ,in D. at ,in
40. The new bridge _____ across the river next year .
A. will build B. will be build C. will be built
D. will be building
41.I often hear her ______ in the next room .
A. sing B. sings C. to sing D. singing
42.Several hours had passed but they were still _____ the patient.
A. operating B. operating on C. operating for D. being Operated
43. Do you have any ways _____ him from smoking ?
A. of stopping B. to stop C. to stopping D. both A and B
44. He hurried off without ______ goodbye to me .
A. say B. saying C. speak D. speaking
45. Do you know ______ in the world ?
A. somebody famous B. famous somebody
C. nobody famous D. anybody famous
46.I still need ____ hands to help me with my work .
A. other two B. more two C. two more D. two another
47.Li lei does his homework ______ Li Ping .
A. as careful as B. as carefully as C. so careful as D. so carefully as
48.The little girl is ______ to go to school .
A. rather old B. very old C. old enough D. enough old
49.I _______ Beijing _______ March 29th, 1992.
A. was born in , on B. was born on ,in C. were born in ,on D. was born in , in
50.-Mum , Must I finish my homework now ?
-No, you _______ . You may do it this evening .
A. mustn’t B. don’t C. won’t D. needn’t
51. The little girl couldn’t be a student because of her _______ .
A. ill B. sick C. illness D. sad 1. Don’t _______ . He was too sleepy .
A. wake up him B. wake him up C. wake up he D. wake he up
52. –What’s the matter with Mary ?
A. She is a doctor B. She is reading C. She has a bad cold D. She has an apple
53. You don’t feel well ,_______ ?
A. don’t you B. do you C. aren’t you D. are you
54. The boy is young , but he can _______ himself .
A. put on B. dressed C. wear D. dress
55. They ______ the car and drove to the hospital .
A. got off B. got out of C. got into D. got on
56. If you don’t know these words , you can _______ in the dictionary .
A. look up them B. look them up C. look them over D. look over them
57. He doesn’t know the answer . I don’t know ,______ .
A. too B. also C. either D. to
58. The moonlight is coming in _______ the window .
A. over B. across C. through D. at
59. I don’t know ______ yesterday .
A. why isn’t Danny in school B. why wasn’t Danny in school
C. Why Danny isn’t in school D. why Danny wasn’t in school
60. –Do you think ______ is good for you ?
- I think so .
A. read B . reads C. reading D. to reading
61. Our eating habits are different ____ theirs .
A. like B. from C. and D. at
62. The skirt feels soft . Is it made ____ silk ?
A. in B. of C. by D. from
63. ______ trees you plant , _______ our city will be .
A. The more , the beautiful B. The less , the more beautiful
C. The more , the more beautiful D. The less , the beautiful
64. Our English teacher has been teaching _______ .
A. in his whole life B. in his all life C. in whole his life D. in all the life
65. ______ is a kind of sports .
A. Danced B. Dancing C. Dancer D. Dances
66. Please go shopping with me _______ you have time .
A. and B. but C. or D. if
67. –What’s another ________ of saying “exam” ?
-Oh , “ examination” .
A. sentence B. way C. idea D. language
68. There are forty students in our class . One ______ from England , the rest of the class _____ all from China .
A. are ,are B. is , are C. is ,is D. are , is
69. Even the best student in our class couldn’t answer this question , so it _____ be very difficult .
A. must B. could C. may D. can
70. Boys and girls , I have ______ interesting stories to tell you today .
A. much B. a little C. a bit of D. plenty of
71. It’s bad ______ our health to eat too much junk food .
A. of B. for C. to D. in
72. Which team are you going to play _______ ?
A. by B. up C. about D. against
73. I’m ______ busy because I have _______ work to do .
A. too much , too much B. much too ,much too C. too much, much too D. much too , too much
74.The boy is unable ____ the apples in the tree .
A. reach B. to reach C. reaching D. not to reach
75. He doesn’t dare ______ alone at night .
A. go out B. to go out C. going out D. goes out