初三英语8B Unit 5-6单元练习
1. Many parents in the village send their children to town to get better __________(教育).
2. Mr. Chen is a man of much k___________, so he almost knows everything.
3. Mr. Wang can’t go to work as usual because of his _________. (疾病)
4. Because of the bad weather, there were many p ________ in the doctor’s waiting room.
5. The local doctors and nurses can get to the ORBIS plane to learn about eye o________.
6. The polluted air a_________ our health seriously, so we should try our best to stop the factory from pouring it into the air directly.
7. We are proud of Shizhuang Eye Hospital because many cases of eye p________ can be treated there.
8. M________ examinations are necessary before the young join the army.
9. UNICEF is an o_____________ that works to make the lives of children better.
10. I like many subjects, ____________(尤其是) English.
11. Could you tell me the _______ (成长) of large companies?
12. I write to my mother every week, _______(主要) on Sundays.
13. The heavy work __________(影响) his health, so he looked much older.
14. Do you know the saying, “A friend in need is a friend ________(真正地).
15. It’s important to_____________(教育) the young students.
( )1.The dictionary ______is sold in that bookshop.
A. you need B. what you need
C. which you need it D. that you need it
( ) 2.We’ll have a _______holiday. What about going to the Great Wall?
A. three days B. three-day C. three-days D. three-days’
( ) 3.I wonder________.
A. how much cost these shoes B. how much do these shoes cost
C. how much these shoes cost D. how much are these shoes
( ) 4.It was _______ noisy that we couldn’t hear______ he said at the meeting.
A. so, that B. so, what C. that, what D. for, that
( ) 5._______ of us live on rice. We live_______ on rice.
A. Mostly, most B. Most, almost C. Mostly, almost D. Most, mostly
( ) 6.I am sorry. I_______ the dictionary in my home.
A. forget B. forgot C. left D. leave
( ) 7.She left in_______ a hurry _______she forgot to lock the door.
A. so, and B. such, that C. too, to D. such, and
( ) 8.The father looked______ at his son for a while, but he did not beat him.
A. happy B. happily C. angry D. angrily
( ) 9.—Must we finish the exercise today? --No, you________.
A. mustn’t B. don’t have C. don’t have to D. needn’t to
( )10.The money you donated is used to _______people in need.
A. help B. helped C. helping D. helps
( )11.—It’s a long story, but you can hardly find new words in it.
--Good! _______ it will be too hard for children.
A. So B. And C. But D. Or
( )12.—A latest English newspaper, please!
--Only one copy left. Would you like to have_______, sir?
A. it B. one C. this D. that
( )13. I’ve never seen _______ questions in test papers.
A. such many B. so many C. too many D. much too
( )14.Do you have________ to say about your study?
A. special anything B. special something
C. anything special D. something special
( )15 .-----Don’t be late for school next time. ----_________.
A. Yes, I won’t B. Yes, I am not
C. Yes, I am D. No, I won’t
( )16. ----Is your father a teacher? ----Well, he _______.
A. used to B. was used to C. used to be D. is used to be
( )17. Although you have lots of difficulties, you must______ your work.
A. carry out with B．carry away on
C．carry on with D．carry over
( )18.Black broke his leg. He has just had________ X-ray examination. ____ doctor said he
needed _________ operation.
A. a; The; an B. a; A; an C. an; A; an D. an; The; an
( )19. The patients are quite_________ to the nurses for their special care.
A. enjoyable B. helpful C. confident D. grateful
( )20. ----_________go to the cinema together with me?
A. How about B．Why do you C．Why not D．What about
( ) 21. I’m sorry, I_________ the book in my home.
A. forget B. forgot C. left D. leave
( ) 22.The government will_________ more colleges for more students to receive higher
A. set up B. send up C. set out D. use up
( )23.－How do you usually study for a test? － I study__________.
A. with seeing English-language videos B. with watching English-language videoes
C. by watching English-language videos D. by watching English-language videoes
( )24.Do you have ____________ to say about your family？
A．else anything B．else something
C．anything else D．something else
( )25. You ________ to the meeting this afternoon if you have something important to do.
A. needn’t to come B. don’t need come
C. don’t need to come D. need to come
( )26. 70% of the earth __________ covered with water.
A. are B. is C. were D. being
( )27. This book is________ hard ________ understand.
A. too; to B. enough; to C. so; to D. so; that
( )28. Stamps are usually used _________ letters.
A. to sending B. to send C. for send D. for sent
( )29. —Do you spend a lot of time________ computer?
—No, but I spend much time_________ doing my homework.
A. on; in B. in; on C. on; on D. in; in
( )30. It's difficult ________ her ________ the job by herself.
A. to, to doing B. for, to do C. for, to doing D. to, to do
1.They should___________(help) when they are sick.
2.We made a ___________(decide) at yesterday’s meeting.
3.With the _________(develop) of modern medicine, many difficult________(ill) can be cured or prevented nowadays.
4.He says that he wants to be a _________(fly) doctor when he leaves school.
5.The nurses_________(not be) afraid when they were on the plane.
6.They can improve the service of their restaurant by ________ (train) their waiters and waitresses.
7.I was made__________(read) the text once more by Miss Jiang.
8. Mum is busy ____________(cut) vegetables and meat in the kitchen now.
9. China and India are both ___________(develop) countries in Asia.
10. It is ______ (meaning) to support charities.
11. The doctors didn’t know what caused the old man’s ________ (blind).
12. Can I have a________(medicine) examination today? I don’t feel well.
13. Would you like to help the _______ (able) people?
14. Dr. Brown felt tired because he had two________(operate) in the day.
1.Our teachers and parents often tell us not to go into the Net-bar.
Our teachers and parents often _________ us ________going into the Net-bar.
2.We have been in Fucheng Town for forty-five days.
About one and a half years has _________ since we _______ to Fucheng Town.
3.This river is too deep for anybody to swim in.
This is _____ a deep river that _______ can swim in it.
4. “I’ll visit my grandmother tomorrow,” said David
David said that ______ ______ visit his grandmother the next day.
5. You should do what you can to improve your spoken English.
You should try _________ to make your spoken English_________.
6. I lived in a big flat in the past.（改为同义句）
I ___ ____ _ in a big flat.
7. His father said to him, "Don't make any noise."(改为间接引语)
His father_________ him _____ _____ ____ any noise.
8. Simon said, “I am very busy every evening.”(改为间接引语)
Simon said that__________ ___________ very busy every evening.
9. Reading in the sun is bad for your eyes.（改为同义句）
___ bad for your eyes _____ _____in the sun.
10.. Millie spends a lot of time washing the coat.（改为同义句）
It Millie a lot of time the coat.
11.We hope that we can plant more trees on the hill.（改为简单句）
We hope _________ __________ more trees on the hill.
12. We often use our classroom as a meeting room.(改为被动语态)
Our classroom __________ often __________ __________ a meeting room.
He _____ _______ go swimming in the summer, but he ____ _____ to running now.
When ________ UNICEF ______ ________?
Yesterday our geography teacher told us the sun _____ in the east and _____ in the west.
That patient was too _________ to the doctor ______ say _________.
70 per _____ of the students are _______ ______ pop music.
ORBIS doctors __________________________________ on the plane.
They should ________________________________________________________.
People help schools and students in poor areas ______________________________.
She only__________________ and doesn’t_________________________.
All they need is enough money to _______ 12. 老人应该被善待。
The elderly should with .
Sandy his new car.
The most thing for children is to teachers’.
They _________ ____________ _____________ ______________ vegetables.
1 There have been great changes in computers.
Great changes have __________ __________in computers.
2 Both of his parents are in bad health.
__________ of them __________in good health.
3. I have ever been to Haikou. He has been there, too.
I’ve been to Haikou, __________ __________he.
4. If there is no air or water, people can’t live.
__________air or water, people can’t live.
5. How kind the lady is!
__________ __________kind lady she is!
1.The old woman is famous for her ______________ .
She is very _______________ to others .
So many people like her very much . (kind)
2. I heard an _________ for UNICEF on the radio .
They often ___________ on the Internet . (advertise)
3. They often ___________ money to the children in poor countries .
Many people thank them for their ___________ (donate).
4. It’s ___________ to speak to the old loudly .
We should speak to them ______________ (polite).