1. When I saw Mary, she ______ on the piano.
A. is playing B. plays C. was playing D. played
2. She ______ the door before she goes away.
A. had locked B. is locking C. has locked. D. was locking
3. A hunter is a man who ______ animals.
A. catch B. catches C. will catch D. was catching
4. What _____ if I drink this?
A. happens B. is happening C. will happen D. is happened
5. I will visit you if Father ______ me.
A. let B. lets C. is letting D. will let
6. Look out! That tree _____ fall down.
A. is going to B. will be C. shall D. would
7. My uncle _____ to see me. He'll be here soon.
A. comes B. is coming C. had come D. came
8. They can't leave until they _____ their work.
A. did B. are doing C. have done D. has done
9. "Has he seen this film?" " Yes. He ______ it several days ago. "
A. saw B. has seen C. had seen D. was seeing
10. Now Mike isn't here. He ______ Mr Green's. Perhaps he ______ back in a few minutes.
A. went to; is coming B. has gone to; will come
C. has been to; will be D. is going to; has come
11. That day he ._______ his clothes before he came to see me.
A. has washed B. washed C. had been washing D. was washed
12. I haven't finished my composition. I ______ for two hours
and a half.
A. have written it B. have been writing it C. wrote it D. am writting it
13. I will take my daughter with me when I _____ ShangHai,
A. go to B. will go to C. have been to D. have gone to
14. This bright girl ______ the truth in front of the enemy.
A. didn't say B. couldn't speak to C. said D didn't tell
15. The bridge which ______ last year looks really beautiful.
A. was built B. built C. was set up D. had been built
16. " When ______ school begin?"
" Next Monday. "
A. has B. does C. did D. is going to
17. I will ______ here till you give me some money.
A. leave B. not leave C. come D. return
18. I _____ here since I moved here.
A. will work B. worked C. work D. have been working
19. Every time I _____ there, I will buy him something nice.
A. went B. will go C. go D. have gone
20. It was said that his father ______.
A. has died B. died. C. has been dead D. had died
21. We won't go unless you ______ soon.
A. had come
C. will come
22._____six years since I began studying English.
A. They have been
B. it is
C. It was
D. There are
23. They ______ the Summer Palace three times.
A. have gone to B. have been to C. have been in D. have gone into
24. "How long haven't we seen each other? ""Well, it _____ nearly two years since we ______ last. "
A. is/have met B. was/had met C. is/met D. has been/had
25. "Have you seen the art exhibition?" "No, _____ there. "
A. it was not being held
B. they didn't hold
C. it had not held D. they were holding it 26. Don't get off the bus until it ______.
B. will stop
D. has stoppe
27. "Where ______ the recorder? I can't see it anywhere." "I _____ it right here. But now it's gone. "
A. did you put/have put B. have you put/put
C. had you put/was putting
D. were you putting/have put
28. They asked me to have a drink with them. I said that it was 10 years since I ______ a good drink.
A. had enjoyed B. was enjoying C. enjoyed D. had been enjoying
29. Don't come tonight. I would rather you _____ tomorrow.
C. will come
30. ______ you ______?
A. Do/marry B. Have/married C. Have/been married D. Are/married
31. When he ______ all the newspapers, he'll go home.
B. has sold
C. will have sold
D. will be sold
32. "This cloth _____well and _____ long. ""Ok. I'll take it. "
B. is washed/lasted
C. washes/is lasted
D. is washing/lasting
33. "Hurry up, you ______ on the phone. " "Oh, I'm coming. Thank you. "
A. are wanted B. are being wanted C. want D. are wanting
34. I ______ see you, but I didn't, for I had no time.
A. had wanted to B. has wanted to C. wanted D. was wanted
35. I ______ in Guang Zhou for six years by this October.
A. have lived B. was living C. will be living D. shall have lived
36. By this time next year he ______ from the college.
A. will be graduating B. should be graduating C. will have graduated D. is graduatig
37. Our teacher told us that the earth _____ from west to east.
A. turns B. turn C. has turned D. had turned
38. My brother _____ while he _____ his bicycle and hurt himself.
A. fell/was riding B. fell/were riding C. had fallen/rode D. had fallen/was riding
39. Bill said he ____ twenty-one the next year.
A. was going to be B. was about to be C. could be D. was to be
40. It is high time you _____ in bed now.
A. are B. were C. will be D. would be
1~5 CCBCB 6~10 ABCAB 11~15 CBADA 16~20 BBDCD 21~25 DBBCA 26~30 DBABD 31~35 BAAAD 36~40 CAAAB
1. Henry, ＿＿＿＿＿ Mary and Tom, is coming to China for a visit? Which is WRONG?
A. together with B. like C. besides D. but in addition to 2. His father will be back from London＿＿＿＿a few days. A. since B. in C. on D. after
3. He usually goes to work on time ＿＿＿＿＿＿. A. except for raining days B. besides it rains C. but that it rains D. except on rainy days
4. Did you have trouble ＿＿＿＿＿＿＿ the post office?
A. to have found B. with finding C. to find D. in finding 5. If you keep on, you’ll succeed ＿＿＿＿＿＿＿＿.
A. in time B. at one time C. at the same time D. on time
6. The train leaves＿＿＿6：00 pm, so I have to be at the station＿＿＿5：40 pm
at the latest?
A. at； until B. for； after C. at； by D. before； around
7. ＿＿＿the gate and you’ll find the entrance＿＿＿the park＿＿＿the other side.
A. Through； to； on B. Along； of； on C. Down； to； at D. Up； of； by 8. One＿＿＿ five will have the chance to join in thegame. A. within B. among C. in D. from 9. —— Do you go there ＿＿＿bus? —— No, we go there ＿＿＿a train.
A. in； on B. on； on C. by； in D. by； with
10. I made the coat ＿＿＿my own hands. It was made＿＿＿hand, not with machine.
A. in； in B. in； with C. with； by D. with； with
11. The trees ＿＿＿front of the house are ＿＿＿the charge of Mr. Li. A. in； in B. at； in C. in； by D. from； in
12. The old man died＿＿＿＿＿＿ cold ＿＿＿＿＿＿＿ a cold night. A. from； at B. of； in C. of； on D. for； during
13. My uncle lives＿＿＿＿116 Changhe Street. His room is ＿＿＿＿the sixth floor.
A. at； on B. to； at C. on； in D. of； to
14. I don’t think you can work out the maths problem＿＿＿＿her help. A. since B. unless C. with D. without
15. He is running＿＿the wind towards the station＿＿Tom running ＿＿the right.
A. down； and； on B. against； with； onC. for； with； in D. with； while； to
16. In Hangzhou Mr. Black was so struck＿＿the beauty of nature that he stayed
A. at； on B. with； at C. for； in D. by； for
17. —— How long has the bookshop been in business?
A. After B. In C. From D. Since
18. We offered him our congratulations＿＿＿＿＿his passing the college
A. at B. on C. for D. of
19. Guangdong lies＿＿＿the south of China and Fujian is＿＿＿the east of it.
Hainan is＿＿the coast of the mainland.
A. in； in； on B. in； on； off
C. on； to； on D. in； to； away
20. The student, ＿whom all the teachers are pleased,is very strict ＿himself everything.
A. to； with； in B. with； with； in C. with； at； with D. at； with； at
21. Some doctors were sent t?the front where medical workers were ＿＿＿. A. in great need B. in great need of C. needed great D. needed in 22. ＿＿＿＿＿hearing the good news, they jumped with joy. A. For B. To C. On D. At
23. She is well-known＿＿＿＿her poems and she is also famous ＿＿＿an actress. A. for； for B. as； for C. for； as D. by； for
24. He climbed silently＿＿＿＿＿＿seizing the thief＿＿＿＿＿＿.
A. in the purpose； by surprise B. with purpose of； surprisingly
C. with purpose of； surprisedly D. with the purpose of； by surprise 25. The touch they had both kept in ＿＿＿many years broke. A. for B. on C. into D. with
26. The pianist began to play and the girl in red began to sing ＿＿＿＿the music. A. with B. along C. through D. to
27. He divided the sweets＿＿＿the children who were divided ＿＿＿three groups. A. in； in B. into； into C. between； in D. among； into
28. Early ＿＿＿the morning of May 1, we started off＿＿＿the mountain village. A. in； for B. in； t? C. on； ／ D. on； for
29. Ted has been absent＿＿＿＿＿class for quite some time. A. for B. with C. of D. from
30. The railway was opened＿＿＿＿＿＿traffic＿＿＿＿＿＿＿ April 4, 1985.
A. to； on B. to； in C. by
31. Such a problem is＿＿＿＿difficult for a primary school student ＿＿＿. A. so； to work B. very too； to work out
C. rather too； to work out D. quite too； to answer
32. By the time the fire-fighters arrived, the fire had been put＿＿＿by the teachers
and the students.
A. down B. away C. out D. off
33. David jumped＿＿＿to get the first＿＿＿the beginning of the sports. A. enough high； in B. enough highly； in C. high enough； at
D. highly enough； at
34. I was wondering what to do and＿＿＿＿＿＿Mr. Wang came in. A. just B. just now C. just then D. justly
35. —— Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the station?
—— The station? Take the second turning＿＿＿＿＿and＿＿＿＿＿＿
A. to left； then go straight on B. to the left； then go straight on C. to left； then go right forward D. to the left； then go right forward
3.D。except后接动词不定式可与but连用，但except后还可接that, when, where等从句或介词短语，在表示对细节加以纠正之意时用except for。 4.D。have trouble／difficulty in doing sth.／with sth.是一个习惯用法，表示“做某事吃力、费劲”。
5.A。in time除平时熟悉的“及时”之意外，还有“迟早”的意思，相当于sooner or later。
8.C。“one in five”指“五人中有一个”，即“one out of five”。
10.C。“由手工制作”用固定词组with one’s hands或by hand。
11.A。in front of表示“在??前面”；in the charge of表示“在??掌管／控制下”。12.C。die of用于疾病、情感、饥饿、寒冷等原因造成的死亡，die from指除了疾病、情感、饥饿、寒冷以外的原因造成的死亡，on a cold night为特定时间。
13.A。在相对小的地点或门牌前用at；房间“在第几层”用“on... floor”。 14.D。“在??
15.B。“逆／顶风而跑”用against；“with ＋宾＋宾补”表示伴随；表示“在左／右边”用on。16.D。“be struck by”意为“被??迷住／打动”，stay for the night表示“留下来过夜”。
18.B。offer sb. congratulations on sth. or doing sth.＝congratulate sb. on sth. or doing sth. 19.B。in the south表示在“一个范围之内的南部”，on the east表示“在东边接壤”，off the coast表示“离开海岸”。
20.B。表示“对??感到满意”，用be pleased with。此句为定语从句； 主句中用了be strict with sb. in sth.句型。
22.C。on (one’s) doing意为“当??时”，相当于when引导的时间状语从句。如：On (my) asking for information, I heard a loud noise outside.
23.C。be well-known／famous for 意为“因??而著名”，be well-known／famous as意为“作为??而著名”。
24.D。with the purpose of是一个固定词组，意为“怀着??意图”；by surprise相当于suddenly。
25.A。keep in touch为固定短语，for...表示一段时间。 26.D。sing to the music意为“伴随着音乐而唱”。
28.D。表示在“某一天的早晨”常说“on the morning of...”；后面用for表示去的目的地。
29.D。be absent from是一个固定短语，意思是“缺席”。
30.A。be opened to traffic的意思是“通车”；在具体的某一天之前通常用on。 31.C。这是一个too... to... 的句型，首先排除A。very不能修饰too, 而rather可以。其次，work out常与problem搭配，而answer多与question搭配。 32.C。put out意为“扑灭（火）”。
33.C。首先确定enough所修饰的词是副词、形容词、还是名词。由整个短语修饰动词jumped可断定enough修饰的是副词，enough应位于该副词之后，可以排除A、B两项。 34.C。just, just now和just then都可以作副词表示时间。just用于现在完成时，意思是“刚才”；just now与过去时连用当“刚才”讲，与现在时连用，表示加重语气的“现在”，等于at this very moment； just then等于at that moment，意为“在那个时候”； justly意为“公正地；正当地”。