动词的分类，时态，语态以及动词短语专练 14. –My spoken English is poor. What shall I do?
1. It’s quite cold here. Why not your coat? --Join an English language club to practice, and you’ll it.
A. put on B. try on C. take off D. turn off A. be good at B. get in the way of C. drop in D. deal with 2. I can hardly hear what it is saying on TV. Would you please 15. The teacher asked the students to a story about a trip to the moon.
A. turn it up B. turn it down C. turn it on D. turn it off A. make up B. get up C. turn up D. clean up
3. How I wish I could sleep longer! However, I had to get up as 16. I’ve all the photos in the drawer, but I still can’t find the soon as the alarm clock . one you need.
A. went off B. was off C. put off D. took off A. opened up B. given away C. handed out D. looked through 4. –It’s said that aliens tried to warn the astronauts on the moon to . 17. The lady dancing as a hobby in her sixties, and she is –Maybe they didn’t like human beings to get close to them. really good at it now.
A. stay away B. stay up C. stay out D. stay behind A. took up B. dressed up C. looked up D. put up
5. The plane will from Wuhan and land in Beijing. 18. –Mom, can I leave my hometown for tomorrow?
A. take up B. take away C. take out D. take off --I’m afraid not. Don’t what you can do today till tomorrow.
6. –Sorry, Miss Gao. I’m late because my bike was broken. A. put on B. put off C. put up D. put down
--Can’t you a better excuse than that? 19. Would you please my baby brother while I’m cooking?
A. think up B. put up C. clean up D. cheer up A. take out of B. take care of C. take part in D. take away from
7. –The windows are broken and need to be repaired. 20. Smoking is bad for your health. You’d better .
--I think so. They can hardly the cold now. A. set it up B. give it up C. pick it up D. look it up
A. give out B. put out C. take out D. keep out 21. –What are you doing to do for the School Day?
8. –Shall I take you to the shopping mall after work? --We’ll a new play.
--No, thanks. My father said he would there on his way home. A. put on B. put off C. put up D. put out
A. look for me B. pick me up C. let me down D. take after me 22. I have to well prepare for the math text tomorrow because it 30℅ of
9. We are going to with some friends for a picnic this the final exam.
weekend. Would you like to come? A. puts up B. uses up C. sets up D. makes up
A. get on B. get away C. get along D. get together 23. Li Na has won the championship in France Tennis Open. All
10. –What’s the police station’s telephone number? the Asians her challenging spirit and excellent English. --I don’t know. Please in the telephone book. A. take care of B. get along with C. take pride in
A. look it over B. look it up C. look for it D. look at it 24. –What are you doing, Uncle Wang?
11. –Jimmy, your toys should be in right order. --I am sorting out old books and I’ll to kids in West China. --OK. I’ll them right now. A. give them up B. give them away C. give them in D. give them out
A. put, down B. put, away C. put, up D. put, on 25. –All the oil in the world will be 12. Old men here are well in Old People’s home and they are --Yeah. What shall we use for power at that time?
having a happy life. A. set out B. put away C. given away D. run of
A. looked after B. looked over C. looked for D. looked down 26. –What kind of volunteer work would you like to do?
13. –I’m sorry I can’t find the library book. --I’d like to sick kids in hospital.
--I’m afraid you have to it. A. find out B. look up C. cheer up D. hand out
A. send for B. call for C. pay for D. wait for 27. –Enough sleep is good for teenagers. --Quite right. If you for your favorite programs, you’ll feel sleepy. A. set up B. cheer up C. pick up D. stay up 28. –We must act now because time is –Yes. Let’s start. A. coming out B. giving out C. cutting out D. running out 29. Around the world more and more people are dangerous sports activities, because life in modern societies has become safe and boring. A. taking off B. taking out C. taking care of D. taking part in 30. –The sweater is very nice. I’ll take it. --But you’d better first. I think it is a little large for you. A. pay for it B. put it off C. put it on D. try it on 31. When you don’t know a word, you can in the dictionary. A. set it up B. pick it up C. give it up D. look it up 32. We have to ourselves when we are away from home. A. look at B. look up C. look for D. look after 33. We should never till tomorrow what we can do today. A. put on B. put off C. give up D. give off 34. –Mei will represent our class in the English speech contest. --She is clever and can speak English really well. She will not A. help us out B. care about us C. knock into us D. let us down 35. Paul and I tennis yesterday. He did much better than I. A. play B. will play C. played D. are playing 36. My aunt is a writer. She more than ten books since 1980. A. writes B. wrote C. has written D. will write 37. By the end of last month, I all the CDs of Justin Bieber. A. collect B. collected C. have collected D. had collected 38. Now my father his bike to work every day instead of driving. A. ride B. rode C. will ride D. rides 39. We are glad to hear that the Greens to a new flat next week. A. move B. moved C. will move D. have moved 40. My grandmother a lot of changes in Tianjin since she came here. A. sees B. can see C. will see D. has seen 41. Betty will ring me up when she in Beijing. A. arrive B. arrives C. arrived D. will arrive 42. I my hometown for a long time. I really miss it. A. left B. have left C. went away from D. have been away from
43. –I called you at 5:00 yesterday afternoon, but no one answered. --Sorry, I with my friends at that time.
A. swim B. swam C. am swimming D. was swimming
44. My sister wants a new dress. She it to the party.
A. wears B. wore C. has wore D. is going to wear 45. He promised to pick me up at the school gate. However, he yet. A. didn’t arrive B. doesn’t arrive C. isn’t arriving D. hasn’t arrived
46. Some students in Shanghai e-bags for several months.
A. have B. had C. have had D. will have
47. Mary isn’t here at the moment. She later.
A. comes B. has come C. came D. is coming 48. The sense of happiness will increase if you what you like to do.
A. do B. did C. will do D. done
49. –Alan, it’s late. Why not go to bed?
--Jenny hasn’t come back yet. I for her.
A. waited B. am waiting C. was waiting D. have waited 50. Our math teacher in our school for 20 years and he here when he was 23 years old.
A. taught, comes B. taught, came
C. has taught, has come D. has taught, came 51. When I came back yesterday evening, my brother his homework.
A. is doing B. was doing C. did D. has done 52. --I’ve not finished my project yet.—Hurry up! Our friends for us.
A. wait B. are waiting C. have waited D. will wait 53. –Jim isn’t in the classroom. Where is he?—He to the teacher’s office.
A. will go B. has been C. has gone D. had going
54. The last time I to the cinema was two years ago.
A. go B. went C. have been D. have gone
55. –I have to be off right now.
--What a pity! I you could stay a little longer with us.
A. think B. am thinking C. thought D. have thought
56. –How do you like your Chinese teacher?
--He is great. We all love him. We friends since three years ago.
A. were B. have made C. have been D. have become
57. The population of the world still now.
A. will, grow B. has, grown C. is, growing D. is, grown
58. Look! The boys soccer on the playground. A. play B. plays C. played D. are playing 59. If it had been fine today, we could have watched that air show. But it all day. A. rained B. rains C. has rained D. had rained 60. Mr. Smith works in a mobile phone company, but he for this international meeting, since he is on holiday. A. works B. is working C. has worked D. had worked 61. –Why won’t you go to the movie with me, Gina? --Because I it twice. A. see B. saw C. has see D. had seen 62. –Could you please do some shopping for me, Mary? --Sorry, I my homework. A. do B. am doing C. was doing D. have done 63. Listen! Someone for help! A. calls B. called C. is calling D. has called 64. –When you reading Jane Eyre? --It’s hard to say. I’m busy recently. A. did, finish B. do, finish C. will, finish D. have, finished 65. Mr. White came to our school in 2008, and since then he us English. A. teaches B. taught C. will teach D. has taught 66. If I you, I the money away to the poor. A. am, will give B. were, would give C. am, give D. were, gave 67. Chen Guangbiao says he all his money to charities when he dies. A. leaves B. left C. will leave D. would leave 68. –Hi, guys. Where are you heading now? --Home. We all our money, so we have to walk home now. A. spend B. spent C. have spent D. are spending 69. –Mary, could you tell me if your mother our school sports meeting tomorrow? --I think she will come to school if she free. A. will take part in, will be B. takes part in , is C. will take part in, is D. takes part in, will be 70. –I’ve got a ticket to the basketball game tonight. --Cool! How you it? A. had, got B. did, get C. were, getting D. will, get