Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力)
I. Listening comprehension (共30分)
A. Listen and choose the right picture. (6分)
D E F G
1. _________ 2. _________ 3. _________ 4. _________ 5. _________ 6. _________
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear. (10分)
7. A. In a shop B. In a supermarket C. In a library D. At a bus station
8. A. By train B. By plane C. By boat D. By car
9. A. They are classmates. B. They are father and mother.
C. They are friends. D. They are neighbors.
10. A. $15 B. $25 C. $30 D. $50
11. A. A salesman B. An IT engineer C. A teacher D. A doctor
12. A. She will have a rest. B. She will go on working.
C. She will have an exam. D. She will work hard.
13. A. He thinks Tom looks good in that old jacket.
B. He doesn’t think Tom looks good in that old jacket.
C. He thinks Tom’s old jacket is cool.
D. He thinks Tom should borrow a new one.
14. A. For twenty minutes B. For ten minutes
C. For half an hour D. For just five minutes
15. A. The boys in London B. The people there
C. The shining sun D. The weather
16. A. Yes, because he has lots of money.
B. No, because he doesn’t like the camera.
C. Yes, if he borrows money from the woman.
D. No, no one will lend him any money.
C. Listen to the dialogue and tell whether the following statements are true or false. (7分)
17. When Amy is not at school, she’s at work.
18. Stuart invites Amy to watch a film with him and other friends.
19. They’re going to eat dinner together at 6:00 p.m.
20. Amy doesn’t want to go with them because she has to prepare for a test tomorrow.
21. Amy has lots of friends.
22. Stuart thinks that Amy studies too much and need a rest.
23. Stuart will pick Amy up at 5:00 p.m.
D. Listen to the dialogue and complete the following each sentence with ONE WORD. (7分)
24. Bev was a real estate __________ in New York City.
25. She never drank or ate anything __________ she returned home.
26. Bev doesn’t eat __________ for lunch.
27. She doesn’t __________ a toothbrush or toothpaste (牙膏).
28. She doesn’t have any __________ in her purse.
29. She should drink at __________ lots of water.
30. She doesn’t __________ because it is hard to find to a restroom.
Part Two Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分 词汇和语法)
II. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共20分)
31. All the passengers started going down ______the ferry.
A. into B. in C. at
D. onto D. on 32. The two policemen went ________the thief when he was trying to escape. A. off B. with
33. Did you _________anything unusual? C. after
A. watch B. see C. notice D. look at
34. It is a thousand kilometers ____that desert.
A. through B. across C. cross D. to
35. In the West people think it's rude to _______a person.
A. look at B. watch C. stare at D. notice
36. Only after you lose your health will you_______ the importance of health.
A. realize B. think C. know D. think of A. died B. lost C. got ill D. went away
38. Every year, the president has many important meeting to _______.
A. take part in B. attend C. join D. participate
39. – Do you know Taiwan, Jenny?
– Yes, of course. Taiwan is ____ island. It belongs to China.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
40. How long have they ____ the computer?
41. – ____ did you ____ last Sunday? – I went to Nanjing with Mary. A. What; go
B. How; do
C. Where; go D. When; go
42. We ought to get familiar with the four main parts of the computer,_________? A. ought we B. shouldn’t we C. oughtn’t we D. ought not we 43. The weather here is very different ____ Australia at this time of the year. A. from A. sit
B. in B. sat
D. in D. sitting
44. I saw her ____ next to window when I was walking past her room.
C. to sit
45. – ____ do you have violin lesson? – Twice a week. A. How far A. take part in A. to; to
B. How often B. enter for B. /; /
C. How many C. join
D. How much D. attend D. /; to D. happen D. saw
46. After school, I often ____ a club.
47. The man hurried ____ aboard while the woman hurried ____ hospital.
C. to; /
48. What ____ to her yesterday evening? A. was happened A. hoped
B. happened B. let
C. happening C. wanted
49. His mother ____ him to go shopping with her last Sunday.
that my little brother doesn’t want any chocolate. The underlined part means ____. A. fun B. normal C. unusual D. exciting
III. Complete the following passage with the words in the box. Each word can only be used once（将下列单词填入空格。每空格限填一词，每个单词只能填一次）:（共8分）
It’s been such a long time since I ___51___ you. I don’t mean to boast(吹牛) , but I have to tell you about a wonderful performance I was recently lucky enough to enjoy. My parents arranged for us to go and see a Beijing Opera show last week. Before I went, I thought that Beijing Opera was only for old people. How ____52___ I was! It was great! The performers wore really colorful costumes (戏服) and beautiful make-up, which were different from each character(角色). I was ___53___ by the exciting fight scenes.
The opera we saw was a very old story called Legend of White Snake. It is about a girl, ____54__ a snake, who falls in love with a young man, and the ___55____ they face. It was really ____56___. I stayed seated for the whole show. I really liked how each of the performers had a different role to play and how they each ___57____ and acted differently.
I liked the show very much. When I came home, I surfed online for more information about Beijing Opera. It seems that some theatres are _____58____ free tickets to schools in order to attract more young people to watch Beijing Opera. I think this is an excellent idea. Beijing Opera is
important part of Chinese culture and it is very entertaining to watch.
Anyway, Sam, it is late and I have to go to school tomorrow. Take care and I’ll talk to you soon.
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词 的适当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词）:（共8分）
59. Yesterday the policeman caught two _________ quickly. (thief)
60. Every morning the buses are _________ with students. (crowd)
61. It was ________ for Jim to get to school late this morning. (usually)
62. Do you always do _________ exercise? (physic)
63. A lot of ________ have happened in this area recently. (rob)
64. I achieved an “A” in my English test, so I went home ________ in order to tell my parents this good news. (hurry)
65. There was a big _______ on the street. (argue)
66. At the age of 13, Bill Gates was already the ________ of a computer company. (own)
V. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词): (共10分) 对划线部分提问)
________ ________ is the railway station?
68. It took them three days to save the people in the deep hole. (保持句意不变)
They __________ three days __________ the people in the deep hole.
69. You are very kind to help me. (保持句意不变)
________ very kind ________ you to help me.
70. I am keen on seeing American movies. (保持句意不变)
I am ________ ________ seeing American movies.
71. He picked up his bag and hurried off. (保持句意不变)
He picked up his bag and ________ in a ________.
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
VI. Reading comprehension. (共26分)
A. Choose the best answer. (共6分)
As an English child, I started school when I was five. I studied at this school when I was eleven and I will leave next year when I am 16. So I will spend 5 years at this school.
The school year starts in September and ends in July. I have two weeks’ holiday in December, two weeks in April and six weeks in July and August. I also have one week’s holiday in February, June and October.
In June next year, before I leave this school, I will take exams in 10 subjects. The exams are called GCSE. All children in England have to study English, mathematics, science and a foreign language. They can also choose some other subjects.
My uniform is a black blazer, white shirt, a red and yellow tie and grey trousers. The girls wear grey skirts. There are 1,600 pupils in my school.
Here is my timetable for this year. School ends 3:15.
In English, we started reading the play called “Macbeth” by William Shakespeare --- it is about a king in Scotland.
played in a cricket match in the evening --- we won!
we are going to a museum in London to see some old medical things. We will go by train and it will take one hour.
house after school.
( ) 1. In a school year, there are ______ weeks holiday in all. A. 10
C. 12 C. German C. history
D. 13 D. Italian D. Geography
( ) 2. What foreign language does Mike choose this year? A. English B. French A. English
( ) 3. According to the passage, the writer’s favourite subject is _______.
( ) 4. According to the passage, the writer thinks that ______. A. Matthew will like the basketball as a birthday present B. the geography lesson about pollution was important, but boring C. the students in England will leave the school without taking the exams
D. he will spend 10 years at school before he goes to colleges or universities ( ) 5. Which of the following is true?
A. Usually Mike wears a black blazer, white shirt, a red and yellow tie and a grey skirt. B. Mike chooses five other subjects except compulsory(必须的) ones this year. C. Mike played in a football match on Thursday evening and they were the winners. D. The clock is striking twelve. It is 12 noon. It’s lunchtime. ( ) 6. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. It is twenty-five to nine on Friday. Mike is having a maths lesson. B. “Macbeth” was written by William Shakespeare. C. Mike likes history better than any other subject.
D. Next week, Mike will take a train to London to see some old medical things in the museum.
B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文):（共6分）
Charles Dickens (查理·狄更斯) was a famous British novelist. At first
he wrote just for his own pleasure. Then he thought someone might ___1____
to read his stories. He sent one story to a publisher but didn’t sign his name to
it. This story was printed, and so were several ___2___. The publisher did not
know who wrote them, so Charles did not get any money for them. But he did
have satisfaction of __3___ them in print.
Then another publishing company hired Dickens ____4___ stories about
London. He started to write The Pickwick Papers (《匹克威克先生外传》),
the adventures of Mr. Pickwick and his friends ____5__ they traveled around
London. It was easy for Charles to write these stories because he knew so much about London. The Pickwick Papers, sold ___6__, and Charles was never poor since then.
( ) 1. A. will B. be will C. willing D. be willing
( ) 2. A. another B. others C. the others D. any other
( ) 3. A. seeing B. hearing C. looking D. reading
( ) 4. A. to write B. writing C. for writing D. write
( ) 5. A. and B. before C. as D. till
( ) 6. A. nice B. well C. good D. fine
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words. (共8分)
Tennis is in its second life. Its first game began in France. The name of the game comes from the French word “tennez”. The English men c___1____ the game “tennis” when they watched the Frenchmen play 800 years ago.
The Englishmen liked the French game. Tennis courts（球场）were built in every park, in every city, just like today. The two countries played a___2____ each other. At f____3_____ they played for honor. Then they money. Later people began cheating to get money. Three hundred years ago the game was forbidden(禁止Americans found the old courts when they went to Europe 100 years ago. They learned w___6____ they could do about the game. They liked the game as the Englishmen had before. After returning home, the Americans built tennis courts. Tennis began to become welcome in all the in the world again.
1. c_________ 2. a_________ 3. f_________ 4. s_________
5. a_________ 6. w_________ 7. w_________ 8. e_________
D. Answer the questions. (共6分)
The Amazon rainforest is home to millions of different kinds of animals, plants, and birds. Most of the world's fresh water is there and the forest plants clean the air every day.
Chico was born near the Amazon town, Brazil, in 1944 and started working when he was young. Like the rest of his family, the boy got the money by taking a little rubber from the trees in the forest. （The trees are not hurt when the rubber is taken.） The forest and the people lived together comfortably and peacefully.
But some people thought too much about themselves and never thought about the future. In
1980, the forest was burnt to build roads, houses and factories. Chico was angry. He wanted to save the forest! He talked to the government workers, but they didn't listen to him. They were still clearing the rainforest to make quick, easy money. "Many voices are stronger than one," he thought. So Chico held group meetings. He discovered that hundreds of people agreed with him. His hope grew. More people came together to try to stop the forest workers. Large areas of the forest were saved. Later he travelled to many other countries for international help. People soon became interested in this brave Brazilian. In the next few years Chico's name became famous all over the world. The government of Brazil started making plans to protect the large area of the Amazon rainforest.
But as Chico's dreams started coming true, someone stopped him in the only possible way. The famous forest fighter was murdered right outside his home on December 22, 1988. Chico's life was cut short, but his brave new ideas continued in other people. One man changed the world's ideas. After his death, people around the world donated money to help Chico's work.
1. Was Chico born in Brazil?
2. How did young Chico get money?
3. Why were they still clearing the rainforest?
4. How many things did Chico do after the forest was burned?
5. When was Chico murdered?
6. What did Chico achieve in life?
VII. Writing. (共18分)
Write a passage of at least 60 words on the topic “My views on the Internet”(以“我对因特网特的看法”为题写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。）
Use the following points as a reference. (以下问题仅供参考)
What are your views on the Internet?
Why do you think so? (Give at least two reasons)
What are your suggestions to using the Internet properly?
A. Listen and choose the right picture. 1. The symbol of Singapore is half lion and half fish. C 2. The fountains of St. Peter Square in Italy attracted millions of tourists every year. A 3. Teachers organize visits to local factories during lesson time. B
4. Students shouldn’t wear ear rings at school. E 5. After I finished my lunch, I continued working on my exercises. G
6. Jason and I are going to the tennis club next Friday afternoon. D
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear.
7. M: Excuse me, how long can I keep the book?
W: For two weeks. But you must return it here on time.
Q: Where are the two people? C
8. W: Did you take a train to Guilin?
M: No. It’s hard for me to get the ticket. So I traveled by air.
Q: How did the man to there? B
9. M: I remember seeing you somewhere. Are you Mrs. Smith?
M: Where do you live?
W: I live in Garden City Real Estate.
M: What a coincidence! I live there, too.
Q: What can you know from the two speakers? D
10. M: What can I do for you, Madam?
W: I’m looking for some shirts for my son.
M: This one is $15, and that one is $25.
W: Well, I’ll take two 25-dollar shirts.
Q: How much does the woman have to pay for the shirts? D
11. M: What does your father do, Jessica?
W: He used to be a salesman, but now he is an IT engineer.
M: What about your mother?
W: She has been an English teacher in No. 1 Junior High School for about 12 years. Q: What does Jessica’s father do now? B
12. M: You must have a rest, Maria. You have really been working too hard these days. W: But how can I? The exam is coming next Saturday.
M: Oh, don’t worry. Couldn’t you rest just this afternoon?
W: All right, if you really think so.
Q: What will Maria do this afternoon? A
13. W: Tom looks good in that old jacket, doesn’t he, Matt?
M: I still think he should get a new one.
Q: What does Matt think of Tom? B
14. W: Excuse me, sir, is the No. 11 bus stop here?
M: Yes, but it only runs once every twenty minutes and one just went by 10 minutes ago. Q: How long will the woman have to wait for the bus? B
15. W: You have been in London for several months. How do you like the city?
M: The only thing is the sun never smiles.
Q: What doesn’t the man like about London? D
16. M: I’d like to buy the camera, but I don’t have enough money with me.
W: I’ll lend you money if you can pay me back soon.
Q: Can the man buy the camera now? C
C. Listen to the dialogue and tell whether the following statements are true or false. M: Amy, so, how are you doing?
W: Oh, hi Stuart. School is so crazy these days, and when I am not at school, I’m at work.
M: Hey, listen. I’m getting together with Sara and Paul tonight and few other friends are going to join us. Well, we are going up to eat and catch a movie. Why don’t you come with us?
W: Hey, I’d love to but I have to prepare for a test tomorrow.
M: Ah, come on. We’re planning on having dinner around 6:30 and then seeing a movie at 7:30. We should be home by 10:30… 11:30 at latest. I mean you’re always saying that you don’t have any friends… and that your love life… well, that you don’t have one. Come on!
W: I… I don’t think I’d better. I haven’t been feeling well lately.
M: Yeah, because you study too much. Well, we’ll have a blast. Come on! Relax. [Well…] And it’s Sara’s birthday, too. And we’re throwing her a small birthday party after the movie. Come on. Best friends always stick together.
W: Oh. Okay.
M: Great. I’ll pick you up at 6:00.
W: Okay. See you then, but I have to be back by 10:30. M: Ah, 10:30… Midnight. It’s all the same. See you at 6:00.
D. Listen to the dialogue and complete the following each sentence with ONE WORD.
Bev was a real estate agent in New York City. She usually left home about 10 a.m. She never drank or ate anything until she returned home. “You need energy. Eat some lunch,” her husband said. “I can’t eat anything after I leave the house. I don’t carry a toothbrush or toothpaste,” she said. “No problem. Put them into your purse,” he said. “That’s extra weight,” she said. “Every day I walk 30 blocks. I climb 20 flights of stairs. My purse is so heavy. Besides, it’s full. I don’t have room in my purse. Look.” He looked into her purse. It was full. He lifted it. It was heavy. “Well, you should at least drink lots of water. I’m sure all that walking makes you thirsty,” he said. “I get thirsty, but I don’t dare drink,” she said. “it’s too hard to find a clean place to pee!”
24. agent; 25. until; 26. anything; 27. carry; 28. room; 29. least; 30. dare
Part Two Vocabulary and Grammar
II. 31-35 DCCBC 36- 40 AABBD 41-45 CCADB 46-50 DDBCC
III. 51-58 EDCF HAIG
IV. 59.thieves 60.crowded 61.unusual 62.physical
63. robberies; 64. hurriedly; 65. argument 66. owner
V. 67. How far 68. spent, saving 69. It’s of; 70. interested in/ fond of 71. left hurry
Part 3 Reading and Writing
VI. Reading comprehension. (共38分)
C: 1. called 2. against 3. first 4. won 5. Disappeared
D: 1. yes, he was
2. By taking a little rubber.
3. Because they wanted to make quick, easy money.
5. On December 22, 1988
6. He protected the forest and changed the world’s ideas.
6. What 7. games