9A Unit6 单元基础知识测试
( )1. People didn’t know _________ during the night.
A. what was happened B. what the murder happened
C. what happened D. how the murder has happened
( )2. It’s nine o’clock now. He is ________ be late for work.
A. like to B. looking like to C. likely to D. possibly to
( )3.The struggle _______ a lasting peace was long and great.
A. with B. against C. for D. to
( )4. I loves singers who _______ their own music.
A. write B. writes C, is writing D. to write
( )5. I don’t know ____ there is any danger in this type of plane.
A. that B. why C. what D. whether
( )6. she saw a thief ____ in a shop. She stopped _____ 110 at once.
A. steal, call B. to steal, call C. stealing, to call D. stealing, calling
( )7. Can you make sure ____ the train will leave in an hour?
A. whether B. that C. when D. what
( )8. Miss Green told us there _____ English exams the next week.
A. were going to be B. was going to be C. is going to have D. are going to have
( )9. He dare not _____ for school again.
A. be late B. to be late C. late D. to late
( )10. She didn’t tell me _______ .
A. which room she lived B. she lived in which room
C. which room did she live D. which room she lived in
( )11. It’s a great _____ to talk with you at the English corner here.
A. power B. interest C. present D. pleasure
( )12.He had some bad fish, ___________ , he felt sick.
A because B because of C as a result D as a result of
( )13.He___________heavily after running a moment ago.
A breath B breathe C breathing D breathed
( )14.I don′t think the young man is_________.He looks so young and so kind.
A charge B murder C guilty D crime
( )15.He___________me of the necklace and ran away.
A steal B stole C robbed D robs
( )16.We′re not sure___________ it will rain or not tomorrow.
A if B whether C that D why
( )17 Everything has ______ wrong.
A go B come C gone D become
( )18. The police _____ now checking the scene _______ fingerprints.
第 1 页 共 4 页
A. is, for B. is, to C. are, for D. are, of
( )19. He has evidence ______ he was at another place ________ the time of the crime.
A. proving, at B. to prove, at C. to prove, for D. proving, for
( )20. We don’t know if he was killed at the place _________ he was found.
A. that B. where C. what D. which
( )21.We all think that it is possible __________Tom will come to Kate’s Party.
A. that B. it C. what D. which
( )22．The man_______ last________ his home at about 7 a．m．
A．was，seen leaving B．did，see left C．has，seen leave D．was，saw left
( )23．________you_______ any enemies these years? Do you think they may hurt you?
A．Did，make B．Did，do C．Have，done D．Have．made
( )24．Detective Lu said the murder probably happened________．
A．anywhere else B．somewhere else C．else anywhere D．else somewhere
( )25. I think the _______ boy can _______ himself.
A. 3-year-old; dress up B. 3 years old; wear
C. 3 year old; put on D. 3-year-old; dress
( )26. The victim was killed ______ a gun ______ his wife ____ a cold winter morning.
A. with; by; in B. by; by; on C. with; by; on D. in; by; in
( )27. I _____ meet my best friend when I was in the bookshop.
A. take place B. took place C. happened to D. happened
( )28. We are asking anyone who saw _________ last night to contact us.
A. anything unusual B. unusual anything
C. something unusual D. unusual something
( )29. He said that he had met her two years _______.
A. before B. ago C. for 2 years D. since 2 years ago
( )30. She said that she would do it ________.
A. tomorrow B. next day C. the second day D. the next day
( )31. Excuse me, but can you tell me ___________?
A. where can I get to the library B. where I can get to the library
C. how can I get to the library D. how I can get to the library
( )32. John asked me _______ to visit his uncle’s farm with him.
A. how would I like B. if or not would I like
C. whether I would like D. which I would like
( )33. I didn’t understand _______, so I raised my hand to ask.
A. what my teacher says B. what does my teacher say
C. what my teacher said D. what did my teacher say
( )34.The robber took place _________ between 7p.m. and 8 p.m. last night.
A. sometime B. sometimes C. some time D. some times.
( )35.The victim was an __________ girl who _______ for three days.
A. 8 year old;had lost B. 8-year-old;has lost
第 2 页 共 4 页
C.8 years old;lost D.8-year-old;had been lost
( )36．Daniel，could you help me______ the map on the blackboard? We won’t need it．
A．put up B．put down C．put on D．put away
( )37．When I was young I knew the earth_________ around the sun．
A．went B．was went C．goes D．going
( )38．Everyone except Bill and Jim_________ there when meeting began．
A．was B．is C．are D．were
( )39．Millie’s house________ last night．Some things were lost．
A．broke into B．was breaking into C．was broken into D．was broke into
1. She said she would move to the village for _______________ . (safe)
2. The police wondered if the victim had a number of ________________ . (enemy)
3. Do you see many ________________ in this video? (attack)
4. He is ________________ interested in watching football matches. (particular)
5. He has no _______________ (crime) record.
6. The victim seemed to be in his _______________ . (thirty)
7. I saw several men _______________ (rob) the bank when I was passing by.
8. I can’t decide whether ______________ (buy) a new computer.
9. His brother _______________ (kidnap) the day before yesterday.
10. Did he tell you if there ________________ (be) any evidence of a struggle in this case?
11. He told me that the students _______________ (arrive) in five minutes.
12. In the last 5 years, hundreds of bikes _______________ (steal) in our city.
13. He was last seen ______________ (leave) his office at about nine last night.
14. The hairdresser was charged with _____________ the millionaire’s son.(kidnap)
15. The young superstar’s _____________ is a great loss to the film industry. (die)
16. Does he have any criminal records for ______________?(thief)
17.The policemen were checking the scene of the _____________. (rob)
18.There were three____________ (murder) in one month and all the ____________haven′t been under arrest so far.(murder)
19.We can________________ (breath) fresh air in the country.
20.At last, two thieves________________ (arrest) by the police.
21.The________________ (high) of the building is 120 metres.
22.The man was______________ (shock) when he heard what the teacher said about his son.
23．My aunt is _____________(dress) in a red coat and looks very nice.
24. I’m ______________(like) to be busy tomorrow . Perhaps I can’t come.
25. He’s _____________(want) for the murder in the newspaper.
26. The murder _____________(happen) at 9:00 p.m. last Friday.
第 3 页 共 4 页
27. It is _____________ (report) that more than 20 people had died in this accident.
28. So far, we haven’t got enough evidence ________ (arrest) him.
29. They are asking people who saw anything unusual to be _____________(witness).
30. There’re several ______________(thief) here. They’re too dangerous.
31.She’s ____________(make) some enemies in her work.
32. The detective said the ___________ (kidnap) must be a person who knows his family well.
33. I was asked to attend his____________ (wed) last week.
34. So far no one _______________ (offer) any information about the theft.
The young man was _______________________ a knife and _______________________.
He was _________________________________ several computer systems.
Anyone ______________________ should _______________________________ 110.
4.你和他相处的好吗？ Can you ________________________________him?
5.我的所有的钱都失踪了。 All my money has _________________________________.
Too much work and too little rest often_________________________illmess.
The police______________________________________for information.
8.时间正在流逝。 Time is_________________________________.
10.被害人想到警察局揭发他。The victim wanted to _________________________the police.
We were all very surprised when Jim___________________________________________.
An car accident ________________________．___________________, he missed the match.
Many teenagers are _________________________________________computer games.
Wang Gang said he had _______________________ and wasn’t ________________the case.
第 4 页 共 4 页