Module 6 Save our world
Unit 1 it’s wasteful to throw away paper and metal.
1. get an email from 收到某人的电子邮件
2. an enjoyalbe magazine 一本令人愉快的杂志
3. environmental education 环境教育
4. be careful about/of/with 谨慎对待
5. throw away扔掉
6. collect reusable waste 收集可再利用的废品
7. sell sth. for recycling 把某物卖掉再循环
8. raise money 筹款
9. save energy 节约能源
10. waste electricity 浪费电
11. think about 思考
1. It’s wasteful to throw away paper and metal.
2. It’s also at home that we save energy.
1.It’s wasteful to throw away paper and metal.
(1) 句中it是形式主语，真正的主语是后面的动词不定式短语“to throw away paper and metal”。英语中动词不定式作主语时，为了避免句子出现“头重脚轻”的现象，通常用it作形式主语，放在句首，而将真正的主语即不定式（短语）放在后面。
It’s our duty to keep our environment clean and tidy.
(2) throw away意为“抛弃、扔掉”
(1) It’s dangerous for you that tall tree.
A.climb B.to climb C.climbing D.climbed
(2) It’s to laugh at the people in trouble.
A.polite B.healthy C.impolite D.disagree
2. raise v. 筹集；举起；
raise salaries 加薪
(1) When the teacher asked the question, the little boy his hand above his head.
A.raises B.rises B.raised C.rose
(2) The government has the teachers’ salaries.
A.raise B.give C.improve D.raised
3. But it’s not just at school, it’s also at home that we save energy and recycle... 但不仅仅在学校要这样做，在家我们也应该节约能源、回收利用...
It is ... that ...为强调句型，此处强调地点状语, 且that不可以用where来替代。 It was in the zoo that Xiao Yang met your sister.
It was Tom that/who gave a speech.（强调主语）是汤姆作的演讲。
It was yesterday that(不用when) I saw her.(强调时间状语)我是昨天看见她的。 It was Mary that/who I speak to. (强调宾语)和我谈话的人是玛丽。
(1) It was last Sunday we had a picnic.
A.when B.which C.that D.it
(2) It was the park we visited the day before yesterday.
A.that B.which C.where D.the one
4. such as 例如
I have such reference books(参考书) handbooks and dictionaries.
A.for example B.for C.like D.as
5. We should stop the factories from polluting the river.
stop/prevent...from doing sth.表示“阻止...以免/防止做某事”。from可以省略掉 I stopped her from telling it to her friends.我不让她把那件事告诉她的朋友们。
prevent...from doing sth. 其中from也可以省略。
keep...from sb./sth.或keep...from doing sth.其中from不可以省略。
(1) Nothing can stop us marching forward.
A./ B.to C.in D.for
(2) Keep the children swimming in the sea.
A./ B.from C.in D.for
1. Don’water. Please trun off the cock after you wash your hands.
3. It’ now.
4. is quite harmful to our health.
5. The students from a green school are helping collecting waste paper and bottles for .
6. An unhappy home (环境) can affect a child’s behavior.
1. Those lights, please. Don’t use so much energy.
A. Take off B. Put on C. Turn off D. Turn on
2. I’m that if everyone thinks about pollution and recycling, we can help save our world.
A.hope B.hopeful C.hopefully D.hopeless
3. Danny, there are some bags on the ground. Please .
A.pick up it B.pick it up C.pick up them D.pick them up
4. We should make our bedroom every day.
A.clean B.cleaning C.to clean D.cleans
5. It’s wasteful to throw away glass, paper and metal, every class collect reusable waste.
A.because B.even C.though D.so
6. --- Look, it is raining very outside.
--- That’s great. It’s too hot these day.
A.greatly B.heavily C.quickly D.hardlly
7. --- How can I get along well with others, Father?
--- Try to smile to others, boy. That will make much .
A.them, easier B.them, more easy
C.it, easy D.it, easier
8. --- Would you like to go to the movies?
--- Sure. The TV programmes are too .
A.surprising B.interesting C.exciting D.boring
1. If you do some pleasure reading, you’ll become a better (read)
2. I saw your (enjoy) online magazine just now.
3. My teacher (read) my article yesterday.
4. I’m going to write an article about (environment) education.
5. Everyone in our school collects reusable waste and sells it for (recycle).
6. We decide to raise money (help) students in poor areas.
7. If we don’t help save our world, the future is (hope).
8. My mother asked me (turn) off the light before I went to bed.
B: Yes. But what can I do?
B: Yes, that’s easy. Sometimes I turn on the lights without thinking. What’s next? A: Second, you can ride a bicycle.
B:That will save money , too. What else?
A: Third, try to recycle paper.
B: Mm. Newspapers, magazines, mail ... Good idea.
A: The fourth idea is turning off the shower when you’re not using it.
B: You mean when I have shampoo in my hair?
A: Yes. Get wet. Put the shampoo in your hair and then turn on the shower and wash it out.
B: Will that help the environment?
B: OK. My parents do most of the shopping. I’ll tell them.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.