Unit5 Wild animals
Welcome to the unit
By Wuning Secondary School Ju Lei
Learning about wild animals.
How much do you know about wild animals?
1. Which animal is the
king in the forest?
2. Which animal is the cleverest animal in the sea?
3. Which animal lives in Australia and carries a pocket?
4. Which animal is large, strong and heavy with thick fur ?
5. Which animal is small and lovely, but has a very big tail?
6. Which animal looks very cute and lives only in China?
Listen and answer
1. What does Hobo want to do ? 2. Will Eddie give him his food?
Listen and answer
1. What does Hobo want to do ? He wants to share the delicious food
2. Will Eddie give him his food? No, he won’t.
Please act the comic strip out with your partner.
Choose the best word: (tigers, dolphins, elephants, monkeys, giant pandas, camels) 1. —Where do the ______ camels live? —In the deserts(沙漠). 2. —Can _________ elephants carry things for people?
—Yes, they can.
dolphins live on land or in 3. —Do the ________ the sea? —In the sea. 4. —Which animals eat bamboo shoots and leaves? Giant pandas I think. — ____________, 5. —Do tigers _____ eat meat and can survive in the forest? —Yes, they do.
Fill in the blanks
Your food _____________. looks delicious 2. 如果你吃了我的东西,我就不和你说话。 If you ___ _____ talk to you. eat my food, I won’t 3. 如果我死了,就没人照顾你了. If I die ___, no one will _______ look after you.
4. 你更喜欢哪一个动物,这只大熊猫还 是那只小松鼠? Which animal ______ do you like better, giant panda or that small this ___________ _______? squirrel
5. 我再也不喜欢野生动物了. more I_____ ________. don’t like ____ wild animals any
1. They are the
largest animals on the land.
2. They are a kind of horses, with black
and white lines on their bodies.
3. It has black and white fur. It’s like a cat.
4. It lives in Australia. It has a big pocket and a long thick tail.
A: Which animal do you like best? B: I like giant pandas best. A: Why？ B: Because they are lovely. A: Which animal do you like least? B: I like tigers least. A: Why? B: Because they are dangerous.
Make a survey
bear dolphin giant kangaroo squirrel tiger panda
Finish the exercise on your paper.
Wild animals are our friends. We should protect(保护) them.
Read the dialogue over and over again to be familiar with it. Finish off the exercises in the Workbook.
If you eat my food, I won’t talk to you. If I don’t have food, I will die. If I die, no one will look after you. 如果我有空，我会去看你的。 If I am fre
e,I will go to see you. 如果你问他,他会帮你的。 If you ask him, he will help you.
If 引导的条 件状语从句