九年级英语单元形成性评价八 （2010. 12）
Chapter 8 Great minds
A. 听句子，选答句。（每小题念两遍，共10小题，每小题1分） 1. A. I like it very much.. B. Yes, it is. 2. A. No, I haven’t. 4. A. I'm sorry to hear that. 6. A. It's far from here.
B. Yes, it is.
C. It’s my brother’s. C. Yes, I want to read it. C. Do it, please. C. Why wasn't he careful ? C. A cup of tea, please.
3. A. Yes, please. B. Not at all.
B. Are you sure?
B. Bus No 18 .
5. A. Help yourself. B. Me, too.
C. You'd better go there earlier.
7. A. At seven every morning. B. From Monday to Friday. C. He goes to work by bike. 8. A. Yes, you may. B. No, you needn’t. C. Why not ? 9. A. Not at all.
B. Certainly. Here you are. C. No, thanks.
10. A. It's cheaper than yours. B. It's expensive. C. Fifty yuan.
11．What’s the man’s favourite food?
12．Why don’t they often go to the cinema?
A. They are very tired. C. They are quite busy. 13．What day is it today?
A. It’s Friday.
B. It’s Sunday.
C. It’s Thursday.
14．What does the man’s answer mean?
A. The bank is quite far away. C. The bank is very near.
15．What’s Li Ping’s telephone number?
B. 28425335. C. 28426335.
B. The bank is near the post office. B. They don’t like to see the films.
16．Where are the Smiths now ? A．In Beijing．
17．How long will they stay in China ?
18．What is Mr Smith? B．60 days． C．14 days．
A．He is a school teacher． B．He is a famous painter． C．He is a doctor．
19．What is their daughter going to do in China?
A．To meet some Chinese pen-pals．
B．To show some photos to her Chinese friends． C．To learn Chinese in a middle school．
A. Mrs. Smith plans to teach the students both in cities and in villages of China.
B. They will show the photos to their Chinese friends when they are back from China.
C. They hope that the Australian will know more about China.
II. 词汇 （15分）
1. The disabled young man r__________ (认为)music as the most important way of making his life happy.
2. Hans was g _________ （打招呼）and led to a platform in a great hall.
3. As a young scientist, Einstein received many i___________ （邀请）to explain his theories.
4. Drivers always have good s__________ （意识）of directions.
5. The man o__________ （出价）50,000 yuan to buy the ancient vase but my father didn’t agree.
1. Small mistakes may ____________________ big problems if you don’t correct it.
2. The old couple will invite a lot a lot of their friends to celebrate the 50th _________________ their wedding.
3. The president made a cheerful speech ___________________ to honour the heroes.
4. When he died in 1896, most of his money was used to ___________ the world–famous Nobel Prize.
5. They will ____________________ to welcome the students from Taiwan next week.
6. Einstein listened to Hans give his lecture perfectly, and joined in the applause___________.
7. He didn’t ____________________ the strike because he didn’t think it works.
8. The Chinese teacher asked us to __________ the ancient poems ___________ after class.
2 20．Which of the following is right ?
9. The fund raising event will ____________________ a small party.
10. A big firework show will be held at the Bird’s Nest at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games to celebrate ____________________.
1. Would you please tell me ___________ next?
A. how to do
A. too strong
A. had rather B. what to do C. what do I do D. how I should do C. strong enough D. so strong C. showing D. showed 2. The girl wasn't ____________to lift that bookcase. B. enough strong B. to show B. would rather 3. As she has never been there before, I'll have someone__________ her the way. 4. You ___________drive slowly. The roads are wet. C. had better D. would better
C. to turn to D. turn against
C. take hold of D. to master 5. Nothing can make the brave soldier___________ his country. A. turning against B. to turn against A. master B. hold 6. When learning a foreign language, try our best ___________the spirit of it.
7. It was foolish___________ his car unlocked.
A. for him to leave B. of him to leave
A. putting back B. put back C. for him leave D. him to leave C. to put back D. will put back 8. Remember__________ the newspaper when you have finished it.
9. We'll go for a picnic if it _______ this Sunday.
A. won't rain B. isn't raining C. don't rain D. doesn't rain
10. —What are you going to do this Saturday?
—I ________ yet.
A. haven't decided B. won't decide C. am not decided D. didn't decide
11. We all think that it is most foolish_________ this mistake.
A. for you making
C. you to make B. of you to make D. for you to make
12. —You were lost on your way to the lake, weren't you?
—Yes, we were and had to stop _________ the way.
A. go over B. to ask C. asked D. to be asked D. go on 13. I did nothing but ________ my lessons last Sunday. B. to go over C. went over
14. I'd prefer _________home rather than __________a walk. A. to stay; to take B. stay; to take A. to clean; to do B. cleaning; doing
Farley worked for the Canadian government. One day, he to learn more about wolves (狼). They gave him lots of food and clothes and guns. Then they put him on a plane and took him to place. But there were lots of animals — and lots of wolves.
People tell terrible stories about wolves. They say wolves like to kill and eat people. Farley . He had his gun with him Then one day, he saw a group of wolves. There was a mother wolf with four baby wolves. A father wolf and another young wolf lived with them.
Farley watched these wolves every day. The mother was a very mother. She gave milk food. The father wolf the children. They were a nice, happy family—a family. Farley watched them for five months. He learned that many stories about the wolves were Wolves do not eat people, and they do not eat many large animals, and he also learned bad things about men. It was men who killed many wolves.
Later, Farley wrote a book about wolves. He wanted people to them and not to kill them. 1. A. seen 3. A. afraid 4. A. at times 5. A. bad 6. A. cook
B. told B. happy B. good B. make
C. heard C. a far place C. angry C. hungry C. get
C. once a week
D. found D. a lonely village D. tired
D. every afternoon D. thirsty D. pick D. played with
2. A. a small town
B. a big city B. all the time
C. to stay; take D. stay; take
C. cleaning; to do D. to be cleaned; doing
15.Your flat needs __________. Do you want me __________it for you?
7. A. shouted at B. looked into C. laughed at
8. A. food
B. clothes B. have C. gun C. teach D. plane D. not clear D. understand 9. A. not good 10. A. grow
B. not true C. not easy
A young woman was driving through the lonely countryside. It was dark and rainy. Suddenly she saw an old woman by the side of the road, holding up her hand as if she wanted a lift(搭便车)."I can’t leave her out in this weather," the young woman said to herself. She stopped the car and opened the door.
"Do you want a lift?" she asked. The old woman nodded and climbed into the car. After a while, she said to the old woman, ―Have you been waiting a long time?" The old woman shook her head. ‖ Strange," thought the woman. She tried again. “Bad weather for the time of year," she said. The old woman nodded.
Then the young woman noticed the old woman’s hands, which were large and hairy(多毛的). Suddenly she realized that ―she‖ was a man! She stopped the car. "I can’t see out of the rear screen(后挡风玻璃) ,"she said. "Would you mind cleaning it for me?"
frightened young woman drove off as fast as she could. ―The old woman" nodded and opened the door. As soon as "she" was out of the car, the
When she got to the next village, she stopped. She noticed "the old woman" had left "her" handbag behind. She picked it up and opened it. Inside was a gun.
1. When the young woman talked with "her", "the old woman" only nodded or shook "her" head because "she"_______.
A. didn’t want the young woman to hear "her" voice
B. didn’t want to trouble the young woman any more
C. was so tired that "she" didn’t want to talk with her
D. was worried that the young woman had seen "her" hands
2. When the young woman found something strange, she________
A. drove away as fast as possible
C. went on driving as usual B. thought of an idea D. drove her car to a village
3. The young woman asked "the old woman" to clean the rear screen in order to________.
A. see more clearly
C. make "her" speak
A. kind and clever
B. drive fast and well D. throw "her" out B. beautiful and bright D. strong and helpful B. A basketball player. D. A poor villager.
For several years, Americans have enjoyed tele-shopping, watching TV and buying things by phone. Now tele-shopping is starting in Europe . In a number of European countries, people can turn on their TVs and shop for clothes, jewelry, food, toys, and many other things.
Tele-shopping is becoming popular in Sweden(瑞典), in France , in Germany and other countries in Europe. In Germany, until last year tele-shopping was only possible on one channel (频道) for 1 hour every day. Then the government allowed more tele-shopping. Other channels can open for tele-business, including(包括) the largest American tele-shopping company and a 24－hour tele-shopping company. German businesses are hoping this new tele-shopping will help them sell
Some people like tele-shopping because it allows them to do their shopping without leaving their homes. With all the problems of traffic in the cities, this is an important reason. But at the same time, other Europeans do not like this new way of shopping. They call tele-shopping ―junk (垃圾)on the air‖. Many Europeans usually worry about the quality (质量) of the things for sale on TV. Good quality is important to them, and they believe they cannot be sure about the quality of the things on TV.
6. What does the word ― tele-shopping ‖mean ? It means shopping________ .
A. at different shops B. through the ―Internet‖ D. at cheap shops
C. not possible
C. easier D. cheap D. more popular C. by television and telephone 4. From the story we can see that the young woman was______. C. foolish and shy A. A policeman. C. A robber. 5. What do you think "the old woman" was? ________ 7. From the passage , we know that tele-shopping is _______ in Europe. A. not popular A. American B. growing B. cheaper 8. People like tele-shopping because it is _____.
9. Some Europeans don't like tele-shopping because they ________ . A. don't like to buy things
B. never watch TV
D. worry about the quality of the things B. Tele-shopping Companies D. Tele-shopping — Junk on the Air
C. believe the things are expensive A. American Tele-shopping C. Tele-shopping in Europe
10. The best title of this passage is ________ .
A. The businesses want to make profits increase. B. The businesses want to make profits decrease. C. The businesses want to give good service (服务). D. The businesses want to sell best products.
12. These rules are made for ______.
A. sales men
C. people who do the cleaning D. people who will live with the family
13. Which of the following is not mentioned in the rules?
A. The name of the owner of the house. B. The time to go to bed.
C. Something you can’t do.
A. taking showers at 9pm
B. smoking out of the bedroom
C. telling the host at 7pm if you don’t want to have dinner
D. using the host’s mobile phone to receive phone calls.
15. The house rules don’t tell you __________ .
A. how much you should pay for house-renting each month
B. what you should do before leaving the house
C. whether you can stay up all night with a visitor
D. when you should pay the rent every month
1. She was so weak that she couldn’t take care of her baby.
2. The old car cost him $7,000 last year.
3. 1 don’t know what I should do with the letter.
4. Jane says science isn’t so interesting as music to her.
5. Sam asked me, "Did you often ride a bike when you were at school?"
____________________________________________________________________. D. The address you will be staying at. 14. You can do the following except_________.
VIII．书面表达（共1题，10分）（80词左右，已给出的部分不计入总字数, 可适当发挥。） 澳大利亚学生 Sam 最近来到深圳, 除了游览以外，还参观了一所中学，参加了学校的活动。请你以 Sam 的身份给父母写一张明信片，介绍深圳的市容和参观学校的情况。最后谈谈深圳人迎接“大运会”(2011 Universiade)的决心。
Dear Mum and Dad,
I'm very happy to visit Shenzhen. _________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Is this bike yours or your brother’s ?. ( C )
2. You have read this book, haven’t you ? ( A )
3. Would you mind if I smoke here? ( B )
4. Tom fell and hurt his head when he rode home yesterday. ( A )
5. How about having a drink, tea or water? ( C )
6. Which bus shall I take, sir? ( B )
7. When does your father go to work every day? ( A )
8. Must we get there before eight ? ( B )
9. May I borrow your ruler? ( B )
10. How much is your new coat? ( C )
11. W: What do you like best, meat, fish or vegetable?
M: I like fish best of all. ( B )
12. M: Do you often go to the cinema?
W: Not very often. About once a month, because we have a lot of work to do. ( C )
13. M: Will you be free the day after tomorrow?
W: Of course. We have no classes on Sundays. (A )
14. W: Excuse me. Where’s the bank?
M: Please walk along this street and turn left at the second crossing. The bank is next to the
post office. ( B )
15. W: Do you know Li Ping’s telephone number?
M: Yes, it’s 28426335. ( C )
The Smiths are Australians. They are visiting Beijing. This is their first visit to China. They are going to stay in China for two months. They also want to visit Shanghai, Xi’an and some other cities as well as the countryside. They hope to learn more about China.
Mr. Smith is a famous doctor. He will visit a hospital in Shanghai because he has some friends there. Mrs. Smith is a school teacher. She is going to visit some city schools and village schools. Their daughter is a school student. She wants to meet some Chinese pen pals.
They are taking a lot of pictures in China. When they are back in Australia, they will show the pictures to their Australian friends. They want the Australian people to know more about China.
16. A 17. B 18. C 19. A 20. C
II． A. 1. regards 2. greeted 3. invitations 4. sense 5. offered
B . 1-5 AIEGC 6-10 FBJHD
III. 1-5 BCACD 6-10 DBCDA 11-15 BBACC
IV. 1-5 BCABB 6-10 CDCBD
V. 1-5 ABDAC 6-10 CBCDC 11-15 ADACA
VI. 1. …too…to…2. …took/spent… 3. …what to do 4. …more interesting/ less interesting than… 5. …if/whether I…
VII. 1-5 on, for, As, it, held 6-10 time, foreign, over, popular/useful/important, try/do
Dear Mum and Dad,
I'm very happy to visit Shenzhen. I find Shenzhen is really a beautiful ― Garden City ―.Great changes have taken place in this city. Everywhere I can see a lot of new buildings, modern shops and large markets. Many beautiful flowers and posters are put in the street.
I went to Dongfang Middle School this morning . I took part in their activities and had a good time there.
People in Shenzhen are working hard for the 2011 Universiade. I hope they will have more progress in the future.