九年级英语单元形成性评价二 ( 2010.9 )
Chapter 2 Care for hair
1. A. Really? Wonderful! B. I go to school at seven. C. It’s time to go to school.
2. A. She is better now. B. She likes dancing. C. She is tall and pretty.
3. A. No, I don’t agree. B. That’s all right. C. Yes, I think so.
4. A. What a pity. B. You are unlucky. C. Congratulations!
5. A. Yes, I do. B. No, I didn’t. C. Yes, I play it every day.
6. A. At home. B. In the hospital. C. In the classroom.
7. A. To the factory. B. To the store. C. To the hospital.
8. A. Tom’s friend. B. Tom. C. Tom’s uncle.
9. A. In a hospital. B. At fourth street. C. On a bus.
10. A. He’ll buy another kind. B. They’ll get some more tea. C. They don’t have any more tea. 听下面一段对话，回答11－12小题。
11. What does John want to be when he grows up?
A. He wants to be a teacher. B. He wants to be a football player.
C. He wants to be an astronaut.
12. What would John like to do if he wants to be stronger?
A. He’d like to have more healthy food. B. He’d like to play football every day.
C. He’d like to do morning exercise.
13. Who is Mr. Smith?
A. He’s Miss Lin’s friend. B. He’s Miss Lin’s classmate.
C. He’s a science teacher.
14. What did Tom want to borrow from Miss Lin?
A. He wants to borrow a VCD. B. He wants to borrow a book.
C. He wants to borrow a magazine.
15. What do Tom’s classmates think about the life on Mars?
A. They think it very interesting. B. They find it a little boring.
C. They hope they could go to Mars.
II. 词汇 （15分）
A. 单词拼写 （根据首字母和汉语提示）
1. In my opinion, it is a c__________ ( 完全的 )waste of time to play video games. 2. Fried food is u__________, （ 不健康 ）so don’t eat much of it.
3. H__________ （保持，扶住）the ladder for me please. I want to change the light bulb. 4. We often asked the teachers for a____________ （ 劝告，建议 ）.
5. –This T-shirt s__________ （适合）you very well. –So it does. I’ll take it. B. 词形填空
1. Short hairstyles usually suit round faces. They make the face look ____________. ( long ) 2. This film is not __________ for kids under 18. (suit)
3. They were all __________ when they saw the beautiful scenery in the valley. (amaze) 4. A ____________ mistake cost the company millions of dollars. ( care ) 5. Would you mind __________ some room for the old lady? (make) 2. Eric has done well in the exam, but his parents still __________ him __________ work harder. 3. It’s impolite to visit others without ____________________.
4. ______________________, you should know what job suits you.
5. Mr. Black felt ____________________ because he won the match at last.
( ) 1. The road is not ___________for three trucks to run side by side.
A. wide enough
B. so wide
C. too wide
D. enough wide
( ) 2. Would you be ___________ shut the window?
A. enough kind to C. kind enough to
B. kind enough not to D. so kind enough as to C.busier C. few, less
D.busiest D. little, less
( ) 3. Monday is my ___________day.
A.the busiest A. less, fewer A. very a small C. quite small A. of, to help
( ) 4. Can we do our work with___________ money and ___________ people?
B. lesser, few
( ) 5. She lives in ___________ room, but she is very happy.
B. a quite small D. quite a small C. of, helping
D. for, helping
( ) 6. It's very kind ___________ you ___________ me.
B. for, to help
( ) 7. It's not easy ___________ them ___________a foreign language.
A. of, to learn
B. for, to learn C. of, learning
D. for, learning
( ) 8. I have ___________to do today.
A. anything important C. important nothing
B. something important D. important something
( ) 9. —Is chemistry more difficult than physics？
—No, chemistry isn't as ___________as physics. A. easy
D. more difficult
( ) 10. Her mother was out. She stayed at home ______ , but she didn’t feel__________ .
A. alone, lonely A. terrible, terribly C. terrible, terrible
B. lonely, alone C. alone, alone D; lonely, lonely
B. terribly, terrible
D. terribly, terribly C. sadly
( ) 11. What a ___________ cough You seem ___________ ill.
( ) 12. He lives in the countryside, but he never feels ___________.
( ) 13. How can we make the work ___________ than we have planned?
C. more successful
A. spend A. easy
D. more successfully
( ) 14. The famous writer would like to _________ time in the beautiful countryside.
B. cost C. take B. impossible
( ) 15. It is _______to work out this problem yourself. You needn't go to the teacher for help.
C. unnecessary D. difficult
( ) 16. --- Why don't you ask Tom to do it?
--- I don' t know whether he is________ to. He sometimes makes things worse.
B. able .
( ) 17. This cake is as ________ as a stone.
A. hard B. harder C. hardest D. more hard ( ) 18. 6. Mrs. Brown wanted the doctor to give her ________ on her overweight problem. A. an advice B. a advice C. some advices D. some advice ( ) 19. Oct 15th was one of ________ days in 2003.The Shenzhou-V was sent up successfully. A. exciting B. more exciting C. the most exciting ( ) 20. ________ impossible for her to paint the house all by herself. A. It’s B. It
D. much exciting D. That’s
them are even homeless. In the northwest part of the city there is a house called Martha’s Table. It has been there 志愿者) go there every day. They collected food, clothes and money the poor people. Every day the volunteers prepare 2,100 sandwiches and a lot of soup and cakes for about 500 people. They give
. She looks after 60 children in a big room. Some are
read and draw. She also helps them with their homework. Their parents have to work long hours. ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( (
)1. A. many )2. A. Both )3. A. for
B. more B. Some B. with B. at
B. home B. speaks B. where B. can’t
C. much C. All C. for
C. after C. homeful C. teachers C. says C. how C. will
D. a lot D. Neither D. since D. about D. homeless D. workers D. talks D. why D. won’t D. glad
)4. A. with )5. A. homes )6. A. volunteers )7. A. tells )8. A. what )9. A. can
( )10.A. sad B. worried
Is there life on Mars (火星)? We do not know. We are sure that earthlike people do not live on Mars. Earth people do need oxygen to breathe (呼吸). There is almost no oxygen (氧气) on Mars.
Living on Mars would be like living on a very high mountain. There would be little air. It might be 50 degrees above zero at noon and 100 degrees below zero at night.
Many people think there may be plants on Mars. We know that Mars has carbon (碳). This is a kind of material found in all plants and animals on earth. Through a telescope (望远镜), we see that Mars looks red. In some places, it seems gray. At times, gray colour turns gray-green, then brown, then gray again. The gray-green colour may be a kind of plant life changing colour with the seasons.
Will men go to Mars one day? If they do, they will have to take along with them their own oxygen, food, clothing and shelter.
根据短文内容，判断正误（分别用“T”和“F”表示）。 ( ) 1. From this passage we are sure there is life on Mars.
( ) 2. It is 50 degrees above zero at noon and 100 degrees below zero at night on Mars.
( ) 3. The gray-green colour looks like a kind of plant life changing colour with the seasons. ( ) 4. There is no oxygen at all on Mars. ( ) 5. All living things need carbon.
Do you need money? Write a letter to Mr. Percy Ross.
Maybe he will give you some. Mr. Ross is a rich man, and he likes to give people money. But he usually sends money to old people, sick people and poor children. People who are young and healthy can not get money from him. Sometimes Mr. Rose doesn’t send people money. He sends the things they need----shoes, a hearing aid，new pots and pans, or some advice. Mr. Ross was
very poor when he was a boy. And now he is a successful businessman. He wants to help poor people.
（ ）6．Who can’ t get money from Mr. Ross?
A．The old and sick. B．The poor and sick .
C．The young and healthy. D．The old and poor.
（ ）7．Why does Mr. Percy Ross give people money?
A．he wants to help weak people B．he wants to get thanks from people
C．he has a lot of money D．he worked very hard when he was young
（ ）8．What does the mother want to give the older daughter?
A．Milk . B．Ice cream. C．Shoes. D．Enough money.
（ ）9．The word ―gasoline‖ here in Chinese means .
A．汽油 B．药 C．一种食物 D．营养品
（ ）10．What can you infer(推断)Mr. Ross will give the 18-year-old boy and 24-year –old
A．A can; a new pot B．Money; a washing machine.
C．A hearing aid; a new pan. D．Some advice; a cooking book.
( ) 11．The lion is called the king of the jungle. But it isn’t king of the jungle. In fact, the lion
doesn’t even live in a jungle. It lives on grassy plains.
( ) 12．There are many colours in the world. All colours are made from a mixture of three
colours. These colours are blue, yellow, and red. They are called primary colours. Mix blue and red, and it will make purple. Blue and yellow will give you green. To make orange, mix red and yellow. Black is a mixture of blue, yellow, and red.
( ) 13．Ezra Jack Keats wrote the book The Snowy Day. He painted all the pictures in it. Keats
taught himself to paint. Keats started painting when he was four. As a child he painted on a metal table. He would cover it with pictures. His mother showed them to her friends before cleaning up the table.
( ) 14．Penguins are birds. But they cannot fly. They use their wings in other ways. They use
them for swimming. Their wings are like flippers. In the summer they stay cool by holding their wings away from their bodies. Their wings are put to good use even if they cannot fly.
( ) 15．The Eiffel Tower is a very big tower. It is found in Paris, France. A man named Eiffel
designed it for a fair. It is made of steel. It is more than 980 feet high. It weighs more than 7,000 tons. There are 1,652 steps to the top of the tower.
VI. 句型转换 ( 10分)
例：The boy is very young. He can’t go to school.
The boy is not old enough to go to school.
The boy is too young to go to school.
The boy is so young. that he can’t go to school.
1. Edison was very clever. He could invent a lot of things.
2. You give me such an expensive gift. You are generous.
3. She is very weak. She can’t carry the heavy box.
4. The room is very big. It can hold a lot of people.
5. The girl is very young. She can’t dress herself.
6. To get to school before six is difficult.
___________ ___________ difficult to get to school before six.
7. Would you please give the house a complete cleaning during the weekend?
Would you mind __________ the house __________ during the weekend?
8. Ken was kind to help the little girl find her doll.
It __________ kind __________ Ken to help the little girl find her doll.
9. The story was so easy that all the kids could understand it.
The story is easy __________ __________ all the kids to understand.
10. The villagers had got an proper amount of money to build the road to the town. The villagers had got ___________ __________ to build the road to the town.
提示：traffic accident, badly hurt, send to hospital, be saved, a few days, leave the hospital
课外任务：假如你叫Bobby Smith. 两天前,你在报纸上登了下面的广告:
你为Linda Hughes 的行为深深感动,尤其是她不提报酬一事。你决定写信致谢并按约付给她报酬，同时说明为什么这个戒指对你如此重要, 因为那是你祖母的结婚戒指。
1. We don’t have to go to school tomorrow, do you know?
2. What does she look like?
3. Do you think they should also be treated with kindness?
4. The organizers chose me to be the host of the charity show.
5. Did you use to play the piano?
6. W: I feel very tired. I can’t go to work.
M: Let me have a look. It’s nothing serious. Take this medicine three times a day.
W: Thank you, sir.
Q: Where are they?
7. W: I’m going to do some shopping.
M: Get me a toothbrush. OK?
Q: Where is the woman going?
8. W: Tom, there’s a telephone call for you half an hour ago.
M: Oh, who was it?
W: It was your uncle.
Q: Who made a telephone call half an hour ago?
9. W: This bus goes to the hospital, doesn’t it?
M: Yes, it does.
W: Where should I get off?
M: At Fourth Street.
Q: Where are they?
10. W: Shall we make another cup of tea?
M: Why not?
Q: What does the man mean?
W: What do you want to be when you grow up, John?
M: I want to be an astronaut, Mum.
W: Why do you think so?
M: Because I think it must be interesting to watch Earth from space.
W: But you have to be strong and healthy if you want to be an astronaut.
M: You’re right, Mum. If you let me play football every day, I’ll be stronger.
M: Excuse me, Miss Lin. Have you got any VCDs about the life on Mars?
W: Yes, Tom. I’ve got some.
M: That’s great. Could I borrow one, please?
W: Of course, you can. Why do you need it?
M: The science teacher Mr. Smith asked us to read books or watch VCDs to know more about Mars. He said you had some VCDs.
W: Are you interested in the life on Mars?
M: Yes, and so are my classmates.
W: Oh, I see. Here is it. I hope it can be helpful to you.
M: Thank you, Miss Lin.
W: You are welcome.
The Yellow Mountain is in Anhui Province in China. It is one of the most famous wonders in the world. Every year a lot of travellers come to visit it.
Last week, I went there with my parents by train. It was my first time to go there. I found that it was the most beautiful place I had ever been. It took us a long time to get the peak of it. We enjoyed the sea of clouds, beautiful pines and strange rocks around us. Each of us was amazing at it. We really had a good time.
I. 1-5 ACCCB 6-10 BBCCB 11-15 CBCAA 16-20 famous, travellers, found, peak, clouds
II. 1. complete 2. excited 3. expert 4. unhealthy 5. Hold 6. advice 7. enough 8. exercise
9. sort 10. suits
1. longer 2. suitable 3. amazed 4. careless 5. making
III. 1-5 ACDAB 6-10 ABBAA 11-15 ABCAA 16-20 BADCA
IV. 1-5 ABDCD 6-10 AACDD
V. 1-5 FTTFT 6-10CABAD 11-15 CBEAD
VI. A.略 B. 6.It is 7. cleaning, completely 8. was, of 9. enough for 10. enough money
VII. One day, on the way to school, I saw a traffic accident. A man was knocked off his bike by a truck. He was lying on the ground and was badly hurt. ―What shall I do?‖ I thought. Just then, Tom, Mary and Ken came over. We sent him to the nearest hospital at once. He was saved. A few days later, he left the hospital happily. He was well now.