( )1.If you want to keep fit, you’d better eat_____ vegetables and
A. few B. little C. less D. more
( )2. If it___________ tomorrow, you can go there.
A. doesn't rain B. won't rain C.doesn't rains D. rain
( )3．I don't know _______ he will come tomorrow．________ he comes，
I'll tell you．
A．if；Whether B．whether；Whether C．if；That D．if；If
( )4．Could you tell me _________ the floor without any help？
A．how did he cleaned B.what did he clean C.how he cleaned
( )5．Do you know what time _________ ？
A.the bus leave B.does the bus leave
C.will the bus leave D．the bus leaves
( )6. Let’s ask him_____________ his best photos tomorrow.
A. bring B. to bring C. take D. to take
( )7.—Could you pass me those apples?
A. Here it is B. They are here C. Here you are D. Here they are
( )8.A woman _________ a red coat was talking with our Chinese teacher,
while the teacher was nodding (点头)________ a smile on her face.
A. in; in B. with; with C. with; in D. in; with
( )9.The doctor often tells him____________ too much food at a time.
A. to take no B. not taking C. not to take D. to not take
( )10. Uncle Wang taught him how___________ the washing machine.
A. run B. running C. to run D. to running
1. The food tastes _____ .
A. better B. well C. delicious C. wonderful
2. My friend John is a(n) ____ boy. He never tells lies.
A. honest B. lazy C. clever D. quiet
3. Mike saw a policeman ran after a thief ____ his way to school.
A. at B. in .C on D. with
4. ---May I park my car here? ---Sorry, you ____
A. needn’t B must C. may D. mustn’t
5. I was _____ , but I didn’t feel ____
A. alone, alone B. alone, lonely C. lonely, alone D. lonely, lonely
6. Yesterday I had a cold, but I feel _____ better now.
A. a few B. a little C. very D. very much
7. I have ____ to do.
A. too much works B. so many works C. too many works D. too much work
8. We Chinese are proud _____ our motherland China.
A. about B. of C. for D. to
9. You don’t have to worry about _____. We will help you.
A. something B. nothing C. anything D. everything
10. The box is too heavy for him ___
A to carry it B. to carry C. not to carry it D. not to carry
11. Come on! Stand on my shoulders, please. You will ___ see over the wall.
A. can B. be able to C. have to D. could
13. When I got home my parents ____
A. were sleep B. were asleep C. went to bed D. went to asleep
14. I don’t know _____ to use a computer yet.
A. what B. where C. how D. who
15. He did his best to teach me ___ a truck.
A. what to drive B. how drive C. to driving D. how to drive
1. Let’s _________ down this street.
A. walking B. to walk C. walk D. walked
2. Look! The boys are trying to climb________the tree to pick some apples.
A. with B. off C. of D. up
3. Come a little earlier next time,________you’ll miss the best part of TV play.
A. and B.but C. or D. till
4. --You don’t look well today.Jenny. What’s the matter with you?
--My grandmother is ill. I am_________her health.
A. interested in B.surprised at C. worried about D. pleased with
5. She asked me__________.
A. what was the matter B. what the matter was
C. what is the matter D. what the matter is
6. Lingling could hardly hear the traffic,_____________?
A. couldn’t she B.can’t she C. could she D. can she
7. Sally has tried her best to practice, because she wants to get the first prize in the
A. final B.finally C. at last D.finalest
8. Your parents told you_________too much sweet before going to bed.
A. to eat B. ate C. not to eat D. to not eat
9. I wish you can look after __________.
A. myself B. oneself C. yourself D. himself
10. My mother often asks me __________ early.
A. get up B. got up C. getting up D. to get up
11. Her father decided _________ his holidays in Beijing.
A. spend B. spending C. to spend D. spent
12. After finishing your paper, look it over to _________ there are no mistakes.
A. find out B. try out C. make sure D. think about
13. After the P.E. class, the teacher offered us something ________.
A. drink B. drinking C. drunk D. to drink
14. The teacher often warns the boy_____swim_____in the sea because it’s dangerous.
A. don’t ; alone B. not; by himself C. not to; by himself D. not to; lonely
15. We are always ready _________ others.
A. to helping B. to help C. help D. helping
16. There are some books on the floor. Will you please _________ for me?
A. to pick up it B. to pick them up C. pick up it D. pick them up
17. Excuse me, would you please tell me _________ buy a digital camera?
A. what to B. where to C. what I can D. where can I
18. Which is___________ of all the lessons?
A. difficult B. more difficult
C. the most difficult D. most difficult
19. Miss Green has lived here since she__________ to New York.
A. will move B. moves C. move D. moved
20. The teacher was___________ angry___________ say a word that day.
A. too, so B. so, to C. too, to D. very, to
21. They arrived early___________ a Friday morning.
A. on B. in C. from D. at
22. How long does it___________ us to travel from Guilin to Guangzhou?
A. spend B. take C. pay D. cost
23. She can’t go swimming with you today. She has a lot of work__________.
A. doing B. to do C. do D. does
24. Many young people enjoy____________ video games.
A. to play B. playing C. play D. played
25. “I don’t know if his uncle___________.” “I think he__________ if it doesn’t rain.”
A. will come, comes B. will come, will come
C. comes, comes D. comes, will come
Not everyone has a chance to be a detective（侦探）But I got one when I was thirteen years old. It happened in 1988.
One afternoon, I was walking down the street when I saw my father’s new car. I __1__ to see my father, but to my surprise, I saw a young woman driving instead. “She has stolen my father’s car.” I thought. So I quickly stopped a taxi and got in. I said to the driver, “Follow that new car __2__ ,” and I told him why.
The taxi driver had a car phone, so I asked him to call the police. Soon we heard the __3__ of a police car and its loudspeaker. The police told the woman to stop her car. Our car came to a stop, too. I __4__ right then and said to the woman, “It’s not your car. It’s my __5__.”
The woman smiled and said, “Oh, you’re Mr. Johnson’s younger son, right? I’ve ever seen your photo in your father’s office.”
Before I could say __6__ word, the woman explained that she was my father’s new assistant. My father had asked her to take his computer to the shop to have it __7__ . He lent her his car. After hearing her words, we called my father and he told us what she said was __8__ . The police and the taxi driver laughed. I __9__ very sorry. It was both the first and the last time I worked as a __10__ . Don’t you think my story is funny?
1. A. expect B. expected C. think D. thought
2. A. after B. in front C. at the back D. at the back of
3. A. noise B. voice C. cry D. sound
4. A. got in B. got into C. got out D. got away
5. A. father B. mother C. mother’s D. father’s
6. A. another B. other C. else D. others
7. A. repair B. repaired C. repairs D. repairing
8. A. wrong B. really C. true D. truly
9. A. felt B. feel C. fell D. fallen
10. A. student B. policeman C. driver D. detective
1. When does he arrive? Please tell me.（改为宾语从句）→
Please tell me _______ _______ _______.
2. I think this is a good idea.（改为否定句） →
I _________ ________ this ________ a good idea.
3. “Do you want to try something new?” Tom's mother asked him. （同义句）→
Tom's mother asked him ________ ________ ________ to try something new.
4. Was the watch made in Shanghai? I don't know. （改为宾语从句）→
I don't know ________ the watch ________ made in Shanghai.
5. When does the train arrive? Please tell me.（改为宾语从句）→
Please tell me _________ __________ _________ __________.
6. What does he do? Do you know? （改为宾语从句）→
Do you know ________ he ________?
7. Do they want fried chicken? He asked the boys. （改为宾语从句） →
He asked the boys ________ they _______ fried chicken.
8. I think there’s too much fighting.
_______ ________ _________, there’s too much fighting.
9. What do you think of the shirt?
_______ _______ you _______the shirt?
10.He does his homework at 8:00 in the evening.(改为否定句)
He______ ________ his homework at 8:00 in the evening.
11.Hurry up, or you will miss the early train.(改为条件句)
If you ____ ____ ____,you will miss the early train.
12.Why didn’t he pass the exam? I want to know.(改为复合句)
I want to know____ he didn’t ____the exam.
13.“Does the girl need any help? ”he asked me.(变为复合句)
He asked me____ the girl ___some help.
14.“Don’t use my computer.” my brother warned me.(变为复合句)
My brother warned me____ _____use ____computer.
There was only one public telephone in the street. One morning a woman was 1 by it and going through( 查阅)her 2 book.
Just then a man came up in a 3 .He 4 to make an important call. As he saw the 5 using the telephone, he had to 6 . After a quarter of an hour, he 7 , "You're looking for the 8 ,aren't you? Can I help you to 9 it ?"
"Oh, I'm 10 looking for the number, "she said. “Instead, I’m looking for a name for my new baby.”
( )1. A. singing B. running C. dancing D. standing
( )2. A. English B. picture C. exercise D. telephone
( )3. A. plane B. minute C. ship D. hurry
( )4. A. wanted B. agreed C. stopped D. practiced
( )5. A. boy B. woman C. girl D. man
( )6. A. run B. come C. wait D. leave
( )7. A. asked B. told C. wrote D. answered
( )8. A. name B. book C. baby D. number
( )9. A. keep B. open C.find D. close
( )10. A. now B. not C.still D. always
Do you live in a city? Do you know how cities begin? Long ago, the world had only a few thousand people. These people moved from place to place. They moved over the land, hunting (打猎) animals for food.
No one knows how or where these people learned about growing food. But when they did, their lives (生活) changed. They didn't have to look for food any more. They could stay in one place and grow it.
People began to live near one another. And so the first villages grew. Many people came to work in the village. These villages grew very big.
When machines came along (出现), life in the villages changed again. Factories were built (建立). More and more people lived near the factories. The cities grew very big.
Today, some people are moving back to small towns. Can you tell why? 根据短文内容判断正误：正确的答“A”，错误的答“B”。
1. Long ago, a few people could stay in one place, hunting animals for food.
2. When these people learned to grow food, their lives changed.
3. Factories were built after the cities grew big.
4. Today, some people don't live to live in big cities.
5. Everyone knows how and where cities began.
Modern life is impossible without traveling. The fastest way of traveling is by plane. With a modern airline you can travel in one day to places that it took a month or more to get to a hundred years ago.
Traveling by train is slower than by plane, but it has its advantages. You can see the countries you are traveling through. Modern trains have comfortable seats and dinning-cars. They make even the longest journey enjoyable.
Some people prefer to travel by sea when possible. There are large lines and riverboats. You can visit many other countries and different parts of your country on them. Ships are not so fast as trains or planes, but traveling by sea is a very pleasant way to spend a holiday.
Many people like to travel by car. You can make your own timetable. You can travel three or four hundred miles or fifty or one hundred miles a day, just as you like. You can stop wherever you wish. Where there is something interesting to see, at a good traveling by car is popular for pleasure trip. And also many people usually take a train or a plane when they are traveling on business.
1. From the passage, we know the fastest way of traveling is_________.
A. by train B. by sea C. by plane D. by car
2. If we travel by car,we can___________.
A. make the longest journey enjoyable B. travel to a very far place in several minutes
C. make our own timetable D. travel only fifty or one hundred miles a day
3. The underlined word “They” in the passage refers to__________.
A. modern train in the country
B. comfortable seats and dinning-cars
C. the travels on the modern trains
D. the slower ways of traveling
4. When people travel on business, they usually take_________.
A. a plane or a car B. a car or a boat C. a boat or a train D. a train or a plane
5. How many ways of traveling are mentioned in the passage?
A. Four B. Three C. Two D. Six
1. I hear him __________(sing) in the next room now.
2. The man _________ (draw) a picture at ten last night.
3. The news made me __________ (feel) very sad.
4. Must I clean the dining room at once? No, you ________ .
5. We ___________ (hold) a sports meeting next week.
6. Tell me how __________(get) there.
7. You are tired. Why not stop ____________ (have) a rest?
8. I’d like you _____________(come)to supper.
9. There is going to ____________ (be) a football match this afternoon.
10. Who _____________?(know) Please hands up!
1. Oh, it’s raining. We can’t go to the cinema. What a s________!
2. I have passed the exam, and I am p_______ of myself.
3. I don’t like this book, give me a______ one.
4. Kylie will b______ you and become a star.
5. The boy is b_______ the drum.
1. My mother gave me some _________（零花钱） for my birthday.
2. He is ________（不诚实的）. He said he didn’t ________（偷）the money.
3. He _________（意识到）that he was wrong.
4. The teacher _________（警告）James not to drink the water.
5. His father __________（惩罚）him for his mistake yesterday.
1. Walk around the lake and go____________ the bridge, you’ll find Bai Ta.(穿过)
2. We are spending some time _________________in Los Angeles. (离开)
3. The __________is very busy in the morning, so we’d better drive slower.(交通)
4. Standing on the top of the mountain, we can see the __________city clearly. (整个)
5. I’m very________(困乏).
6. I’m ________(担忧)about her because she’s unhappy.
7. After a few minutes, he told us to come out________(悄悄地).
8. It was wrong to pull_______(树叶).
9. I could ______(几乎不) believe my eyes.
10. There’s lots of _______(动作), and the fighting looks really dangerous.
1. honest 2, at most 3, at the beginning of
4, put on 5, warm 6, turn off
None of the Chinese ______ _______ ______ Liu Xiang who _______ a gold medal in the 110-meter hurdles.
It is ______ ______ to be so wasteful.
I ______ _____ ______ _____ _____ home alone.
He doesn’t feel _______ when he is left ________
_____ you tell him the truth, he will _______ _______ _____ you.
Lucy _______ ______ _____ ______ ______ her school.
The old man ______ _______ ______ the danger.
Tom _______ ______ ______ his new car.
The hero died ______ ______ ______ ______ the film.
If he ________ _______, he ______ _____ very happy.