1. The sweater is ______ small for the child.
A. too many B. too much C. many too D. much too
2. There is ______ work for me to do. I’m really tired.
A. too many B. too much C. many too D. much too
3. We must put off the sports meeting ______ the rain.
A. because B. because of C. since D. as
4. Don’t open the door ______ it is so cold.
A. because B. because of C. since D. as
5. ----It nearly took me an hour to arrive here. I’m very tired.
----You ______ be thirsty. Have a drink, please.
A. should B. can C. must D. would
6. There is someone ______ for you at the school gate.
A. wait B. waiting C. to wait D. waited
7. Attention, everyone. I have ______ to tell you.
A. nothing serious B. serious something
C. something serious D. serious nothing
8. Alice has been in China for several years. She ______ be a big girl now.
A. need B. must C. can D. may
9. The man in the office ______ be Mr. Black because he went home just now.
A. mustn’t B. may not C. can’t D. needn’t
10. ----Must I tidy the room now? ----No, you ______. You ______ do it after breakfast.
A. mustn’t; can B. needn’t; may C. don’t; have to D. needn’t; must
11. The light in the office is off. The teacher ______ be there now.
A. may B. can’t C. mustn’t D. must
12. ----Look! It ______ be Jane on the playground.
----It ______ be her because I saw her enter the dance room just now.
A. must; mustn’t B. can; can’t C. may; mustn’t D. must; can’t
13. ----There’s somebody at the door. ______ it be Jim?
----No, it ______ be him. It’s just seven o’clock. It’s too early.
A. May; can’t B. Will; won’t C. May; mustn’t D. Must; may not
14. ----May we play football in the street? ----No, you ______. It’s dangerous.
A. can B. mustn’t C. may D. may not
15. The old man was quite weak after the accident. So he ______.
A. must be taken care of B. must take care of
C. must be looked after D. must look after
16. ----Hurry up, please!
----It’s quite early, you ______ worry about the time.
A. mustn’t B. may not C. needn’t D. can’t
17. ----______ you speak Japanese? ----No, you can’t.
A. Can B. Must C. May D. Should
18. Tony _____ go to the opera on Saturday because he’s going to have a meeting.
A. can’t B. might C. mustn’t D. should
19. Thomas, please be quiet. The others ______ hear very well.
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. shouldn’t D. needn’t
20. ----Lisa, ______ you speak French? ----Yes, but only a little.
A. need B. must C. may D. can
21. We hope that as many people as possible ______ join us for the charity show tomorrow.
A. need B. can C. must D. should
22. Can you tell me if he ______ finish the work on time?
A. could B. was able to C. is able to D. would be able to
23. Someone called me at midnight but hung up ______ I could answer it.
A. as B. since C. after D. before
24. ----That T-shirt with Yao Ming’s picture on it ______ belong to David. He admires him a lot ----No, it ______ be his. He hates black color.
A. can; can’t B. may; needn’t C. must; mustn’t D. must; can’t
25. ----Did you notice him come in? ----No. I ______ a football game.
A. have match B. had match C. am watching D. was watching
26. ----We can use QQ to talk with each other online.
----Really? Could you show me ______ it?
A. what to do B. how to do C. when to do D. why to do
27. Don’t always make your little sister ______. You should be kind to her.
A. laugh B. to laugh C. cry D. to cry
28. She’s milked a cow before, ______ she?
A. doesn’t B. hasn’t C. wasn’t D. isn’t
29. ----You MP3 is so nice. How much is it?
----It ______ me $300.
A. bought B. spent C. cost D. paid
30. Sam tried his best in the race, but he didn’t run so ______ as Tom.
A. fast B. faster C. quickly D. slower
31. ----Excuse me, could you tell me ______ later on?
----Wait a minute. It is coming in ten minutes.
A. if the next train arrives B. if the next train will arrive
C. when the next train arrives D. when will the next train arrive
32. Can you tell me why ______ yesterday?
A. are you late B. you were late C. were you late D. you are late
33. Susan will not arrive at the airport on time ________ she hurries up.
A. once B. if C. when D. unless
34. Don’t talk about such thing of ______ you are not sure.
A. which B. what C. as D. those
35. There is nothing ______ I want to say.
A. which B. what C. whatever D. that
36. The freezing point is the temperature ______ water changes into ice.
A. at which B. on that C. in which D. of what
37. The reason ______ he didn’t come was his mother’s illness.
A. which B. why C. whether D. because
38. I’ll tell you ______ he told me last week.
A. all which B. that C. all that D. which
39. That tree, ______ branches are almost bare, is very old.
A. whose B. of which C. in which D. on which
40. I have bought the same dress ______ she is wearing.
A. as B. that C. which D. what
41. He failed in the examination, ______ made his father very angry.
A. which B. it C. that D. what
42. Those ______ not only from books but through practice will succeed.
A. learn B. who C. that learns D. who learn
43. Anyone ______ this opinion may speak out.
A. that against B. against C. who is against D. who are against
44. Can you lend me the novel ______ the other day?
A. that you talked B. you talked about it
C. which you talked with D. you talked about
45. It’s the third time ______ late this month.
A. that you arrived B. when you arrived
C. that you’ve arrived D. when you’ve arrived
46. May the fourth is the day ______ we Chinese people will never forget.
A. which B. when C. on which D. about which
47. He must be from Africa, ______ can be seen from his skin.
A. that B. as C. who D. what
48. I have many books, some of ______ are on chemistry.
A. them B. that C. which D. those
49. I, ______ your good friend, will try my best to help you.
A. who is B. who am C. that is D. what is
50. The person to ______ you just talked is our teacher.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. that
If you leave something important on a bus or an underground train while travelling around London, you should ___1___ the London Transport Lost Property Office in central London.
“We’ve got ___2___ here, but it’s difficult to imagine ___3___ people lose some things,” says manager Maureen Beaumont, ___4___ a box of false teeth. “How can anyone ___5___ their teeth on bus?”
“___6___ there’s a name and address somewhere on the item, we try to contact the ___7___ and return it. Visitors to London are always ___8___ to get their property back. If we ___9___ find the owner anywhere, we ___10___ the item here for three months and hope that ___11___ will come into the office to claim it. If ___12___ comes to get item in that time, we ___13___ it.”
“It’s ___14___ job. People lose some unusual things and they are ___15___ pleased when they come to the office and find them.”
1. A. everything B. visit C. see D. watch
2. A. everything B. nothing C. anything D. good things
3. A. what B. where C. how D. whether
4. A. holding B. giving C. asking D. losing
5. A. forget B. have C. keep D. leave
6. A. If B. Where C. Because D. Whether
7. A. owner B. bus driver C. manager D. train driver
8. A. afraid B. impossible C. interesting D. surprised
9. A. may not B. can’t C. can D. may
10. A. get B. return C. keep D. find
11. A. no one B. anyone C. someone D. everyone
12. A. no one B. anyone C. someone D. everyone
13. A. sell B. keep C. buy D. return
14. A. a boring B. an interesting C. a dangerous D. an interested
15. A. hardly B. ever C. always D. never
Suppose you work in a big company and find English very important for your job because you often deal with foreign business man. Now you are looking for a place where you can improve your English, especially your spoken English.
Here are some advertisements about language learning. You may find the information you
A. Global English Center and Modern Language School
B. Global English Center and the International House
C. Modern Language School and the 21st Century
D. The 21st Century and the International House
2. The 21st Century is different from the other three schools in that ________
A. its teaching is better
B. it is nearest to the city center
C. its courses are more advanced
D. it needs an entrance examination
3. You will probably prefer to go to the International House because it _______
A. offers free sightseeing and social activities
B. has a special course in spoken English
C. costs less than the other schools
D. has English teachers from foreign countries
4. If you take the evening program at the International House, you will pay about _______
A. 60 Yuan B. 240 Yuan C. 720 Yuan D. 1000 Yuan
5. If your friend wants to take a course in English for hotel management, he may call at ______ for class information.
A. 67605272 B. 67353019 C. 67801642 D. 67432308
I am Steve. I was born and grew up in South Wales. My favorite place to play was out on the hills where my imagination had plenty of space to expand (拓展).
My family moved out of Wales when I was thirteen. I went to a new school. One of my subjects was French. Because I had never learned any French, my teacher told me to sit in the corner and write anything I was interested in. That’s the time I started writing, just for myself, and I’ve been writing ever since.
I have always loved BIG IDEAS, and so I enjoy writing fantastic stories. And I also write horror (恐怖) I think they are like the old fairytales (童话故事) ，and can teach you important things.
I am in my forties on the outside, twelve on the inside. I like rock music, Indian and Chinese food, and I enjoy drinking. I live in a small village with my wife Mary, ducks, cats, goats, hens and lots of rabbits. If you’d like to find out more about me and hope to buy any books, go to www.showkett.freeserve.co.uk
6. When he was 13, the writer ________.
A. wrote lots of poems B. moved out of Wales
C. sold many story books D. became a famous singer
7. He liked playing out on the hills because he could ________.
A. expand his imagination B. learn French
C. listen to stories D. buy some books
8. Maybe the writer is ________ years old now.
A. 12 B. 22 C. 32 D. 42
9. According to the passage, the write keeps _______
A. cats, hens and pigs B. ducks, goats and rabbits
C. hens, rabbits and dogs D. rabbits, pigs and cats
10. From the passage, we can learn that the writer ________.
A. lives in a big city with his son B. likes eating Japanese and Indian food
C. lives in the countryside with D. introduces a nice book to us
1. Text 1 ________ Text 2 ________ Text 3 ________ Text 4 ________
A Holiday For Your Mind. B Come to Us For help.C.What Can You Give? D.A Friend to Animals. 任务二：根据信息内容回答问题（每空2分，共8分）
2. What does Mr. Larson do?
3. What is on display in the Art Museum this week?
4. In how many ways can you help the other people Text 3?
5. What does “teenager” in Text 4 mean in Chinese?
6. 将Text1 和 Text3 中的划线部分译为汉语。（共4分，每空2分）
Teen Scene will give you some help when you have problem with ______, confidence and _________.
Come to the Art Museum, and you will know more about the new and interesting places in the world without traveling.
1. bad, what, it, weather, is
2. more, not, write, carefully, why
3. foreigners, those, in, have, China, years, for, been, five
4. don’t, ask, if, you, why, well, you, learn, never, will
5. was, New, founded, on, October, 1, China, 1949
If you have any question, feel free to ________ ________ your hands.
No matter how he did it, it was a ________ ________.
3. 几年前， 因为某种无人知晓的原因，这种稀有的鸟绝迹了。
Several years ago a rare species of bird ________ ________ for some unknown reason.
It’s said that this island is ________ _________ iron ore.
The old bridge was ________ _________ last week.
汶川地震（Wenchuan Earthquake）发生后，9岁的学生林浩（Lin Hao）救了两名同学，然后步行7个小时到达安全地点。
请你就林浩同学的事迹，以“Learn from the Hero”为题，给你的学校英语专刊投稿。内容包括：
林浩同学事迹简介 你对这件事的感受 以及你要向他学习什么。
提示词语：happen, save, walk,, to safety, be deeply moved, brave, give up
Learn from the hero
1—5 DBBAC 6—10 BCBCB
11—15 DDABC 16—20 CAAAD
21—25 BCDDD 26—30 BCBCA
31—35 BBDCD 36—40 ABCBA
41—45 ADCDC 46—50 ABCBB
1—5 BACAD 6—10 AADBC 11—15 CAABC
1—5 BDBDB 6—10 BADBC
2. He is a vet/a doctor for animals.
3. Paintings and photos from all over the world.
4. In three ways.
6. Text1 他还努力妥善安置无家可归的动物（他还尽力给无家可归的动物找到好的住
7. exams, clothes
8. Come along and explore the world without leaving your hometown.
1. What bad weather it is!
2. Why not write more carefully?
3. Those foreigners have been in China for five years.
4. If you don’t ask why, you will never learn well
5. New China was founded on October 1, 1949.
1. put up
2. great success
3. died out
4. rich in
5. knocked down
Learn from the Hero
Lin Hao is a student. He is only nine years old. After Wenchuan Earthquake happened, he saved two of his classmates. Then he walked for seven hours to safety.
I was deeply moved by his stories. I think he is a brave boy. He did his best when he faced great danger. I should learn from him. I will think of others first and help them as much as possible. I will never give up when I face any difficulies.