1. The first English song _______ I learned was ABC song.
2. He is an American, _______ I know from his accent.
3. Everything _______ we saw at the exhibition greatly interested us.
4. _______ was usual with him, the old man went out for a walk after supper.
5. Yesterday I met Doctor Wang, _______ told me the good news of his son’s passing the examination.
6. I can still remember the big tree my grandmother and I used to sit in the evening.
7. We are living in an age many things are done on computers.
8. The old man visited our class yesterday is our new headmaster.
9. This is the book he referred to in his speech.
10. Jack is the student home caught fire last night.
11. I think he is the man you have been looking for.
12. 2012 is the best film I have seen in recent years.
13. Who is the man is reading the newspaper over there?
14. I will never forget the day I first came to the United States.
15. Can you tell me the reason you came so late yesterday?
1. He was the only person in his office______ was invited.
A. whom B. whose C. that D. which
2. Charlie told his mother all ____ had happened.
A. that B. what C. which D. who
3. A child _______ parents are dead is called an orphan.
A. which B. his C. whose D. with
4. Would you tell me where to get the dictionary _____?
A. what I need B. I need C. which I need it D. that I need it
5. We will be shown around the city, the museum, and some other places, ______ other visitors seldom go.
A. what B. which C. when D. where
6. People spoke highly of the driver, _____, in spite of the terrible weather, had saved his passengers from danger.
A. which B. who C. whom D. as
7. October 1st is the day _________ we Chinese people will never forget.
A. which B. when C. on which D. to which
8. His family, _______ all music lovers, don’t want to miss MTV programmes.
A. who is B. which is C. who are D. which are
9. Those ______ have not got bikes may go by bus.
A. that B. which C. / D. who
10. I was very surprised at the way _____ he spoke at the meeting.
A. which B. by which C. where D. /
11. I shall never forget the day _____ Shenzhou V was launched, _____ has a great effect on my life.
A. when; which B. that; which C. which; that D. when; that
12. There is nothing in the world ______ can frighten him.
A. that B. who C. which D. where
13. I can still remember the sitting room _______ my mother and I used to sit in the evening.
A. what B. which C. that D. where
14. The pilot has got himself into a dangerous situation _______ he is likely to lose control over the plane.
A. where B. which C. while D. why
15. The astronaut did many experiments in the spaceship, ________ much help for knowing space.
A. which we think it B. which we think are of
C. of which we think is D. I think which is of
1. Emily was always speaking highly of her role in the play, who, of course, made the others unhappy.
2. Recently I bought an ancient Chinese coin, the price of that was very reasonable.
3. Which has already been pointed out, grammar is not a set of dead rules.
4. He lived in London for 3 years, during that time he learned some English.
5. This book is quite different from the one what I read last month.
6. Is oxygen the only gas which helps fire burn?
7. I’ll tell you all what he told me last week.
8. In the dark street, there wasn’t a single person from whom she could turn for help.
9. Willma became the first American woman to win three Olympic gold medals in track and field, that made her mother very happy.
10. They have decided to stay at home, that is, I think, a wise choice.
1. He searched the whole house for that picture Fighting for Freedom. The picture in fact lay on the floor.
2. Mary became a lawyer three years later. Her mother used to be a movie star.
3. Justin Timberlake would go to Hong Kong next month. He won four honors in MTV awards. _______________________________________________________________________
4. Martin began to do business in1990. Many people were looking for jobs then.
5. The movie Titanic moved millions of young people. It costs more than 300 million dollars. _______________________________________________________________________
●Sentence drills 句型巡航
1. The factory __________________ (到了一个阶段) where the product could be made in large amounts. (stage)
2. We might _______________ (陷入一种境地) in which we have no one to turn to. (situation)
3. Only then _________________ (我才有机会) to achieve my dream. (chance)
4. I thought her nice and honest _________________ (我初次见到她时).
5. The house ________________ (房顶受损的) has now been repaired. (damage)
6. _________________ (从他的外表判断), he must be a rich man. (judge)
7. Anderson was lying on the bed ________________ (所有的衣服都穿着). (with)
8. _______________ (是在1896年) that the modern Olympic Games started？(it was …)
9. ____________________ (只有时间会知道) whether Chinese English will become popular. (tell)
10. I _________________ (宁愿干活) rather than sit there doing nothing. (prefer to)
11. Stella _________________ (迫不及待地想回家) after such a long and tiring journey. (couldn’t wait)
12. We didn’t know what we could do_______________ (一旦钱花光了). (once)