1. You should sthe bottle (瓶子) before pouring the orange juice.
2. What’s your attitude t what the kids wear to school?
3. Switzerland is the lof watches, and people there are very serious about time. 4. After exercising in the morning, I usually feel quite r5. Julie k her mother good night before she went to bed.
1. You shouldn’t have (leave) so soon at the party.
2. He is (suppose) to arrive at the station at 8:40.
3. They lay on the beach,
4. Eating dumplings at the Spring Festival (be) the custom in our country.
5. I was very embarrassed at the party because I Ⅲ. 根据句意和汉语提示，填写恰当的短语完成下列句子。
1. In Switzerland it’s very important to be 准时).
2. They 握手) and started a conversation at once.
3. Don’t be angry with him. 毕竟), he is still a child.
4. They don’t usually have to 做计划) to meet their friend
5. He lives near the city mall. We can (顺便拜访他家) when we go there for shopping. Ⅳ. 根据括号内所给的词语提示，翻译下列句子。
1. 他们有相当宽松的规定。(pretty relaxed)
3. 作为一名学生，你应该努力学习。(be supposed to)
4. 你若晚到一会儿也不要紧。(a bit late)
A: What do people usually do on Chinese New Year, Lingling?
B: Well, most people buy (1) and give them to others.
A: That’s great. I love getting presents. Can I (2) the present I receive right at the time?
B: I’m afraid you must wait! In China, you are not (3)to open the present at once. You must wait and open it (4)A: Really? That’s interesting. (5) in Britain, we can use one hand to receive the present. Thanks for telling me so much.
B: My pleasure.
Section B &self check
1. American people eat with a 餐刀) and fork.
2. The geography teacher is (指) to the map on the wall.
3. You should use a 匙) to eat the soup.
4. Be careful not to 刺) the needle (针) in your finger.
5. — Would you like another one?
— No, thanks. I’m (吃饱的).
1. It’s impolite to make (noise) while eating noodles.
2. By reading this article, we can learn about table (manner).
3. At that time, all the questions (crowd) my mind.
4. When I first ate in a (west) restaurant, I didn’t know what to do.
5. We should speak to old people (polite).
There is for us On weekends, I . He . I find that experience. you can imagine, things are the way they are at home.
1. I saw Jack sitting 在……旁边) Jim talking.
2. I don’t understand the meaning of this (符号).
3. My sister got the answer to the (谜语) very quickly.
4. Many people are against (做实验) on animals.
2 2. 在周末，我习惯于晚起。 3. 他费尽心思帮助我。 4. 我发现忘记那次经历很难。 5. 正如你所能想象到的，情况与我们国内的大不一样。
5. He gave me a 恰当的) example, so I understood it easily.
e-mail, who, rubbish, please, normal
1. flowers are these on the table? 2. Mom is very with her new job.
3. You can use e-mail English when your friends.
4. It takes 20 minutes to get there.
5. I forgot to take out the when I left home this morning.
Ⅲ. 根据句意，从方框内选择合适的短语，并用其适当形式填空。 get used to, learn … by oneself, pick up, used to, can’t stop laughing
1. Jane the book on the floor and put it on the desk.
2. Three weeks later, she her new job.
3. The man is hard-working. He is English 4. His mother be a football player.
5. She when she heard the funny joke.
Ⅰ. 1. shake 2. towards 3. land 4. relaxed 5. kissed Ⅱ. 1. left 2. supposed 3. looking 4. is 5. wore
Ⅲ.1. on time 2. shook hands 3. After all 4. make plans 5. drop by his home Ⅳ. 1. They have pretty relaxed rules.
2. We never drop by a friend’s home without calling first. 3. As a student, you are supposed to study hard. 4. It’s OK if you arrive a bit late. 5. Eating too much oil and salt is bad for our health.
Ⅴ. 1. presents 2. open 3. supposed 4. later 5. But
Section B & Self check
Ⅰ. 1. knife 2. pointing 3. spoon 4. stick 5. full
Ⅱ. 1. noise 2. manners 3. crowded 4. western 5. politely Ⅲ. 1. no reason; to be late
2. am used to sleeping late 3. went out of his way to help me 4. it difficult to forget 5. As; really different from
Ⅰ. 1. beside 2. symbol 3. riddle 4. experimenting 5. proper Ⅱ. 1. Whose 2. pleased 3. e-mailing 4. normally 5. rubbish Ⅲ. 1. picked up 2. got used to 3. learning; by himself
4. used to 5. couldn’t stop laughing