1. Along the street you can see many traffic (sign).
2. The girl can’t walk on because of (hungry).
3. There were many 4. Our English teacher once several excellent students for the English contest.
5. There are all kinds of on TV these days, and we shouldn’t believe all of them.
1. Can we 推迟) the meeting till next Monday morning?
2. Would you please 分发) the exam papers?
3. He must feel sad now. Let’s 使他高兴起来).
4. Can’t you 想出) a better excuse than that?
5. The room is too dirty. It should be (打扫干净).
1. 好好利用你的时间。(put … to good use)
2. 我认为作为一名志愿者非常有趣。(a lot of fun)
5. 黄先生不仅去过加拿大，而且还认识了不少加拿大人。(Not only … but also …) _____________________________________
1. He asked these students volunteer in the after-school study program. ___________
2. My uncle wants to help the poor people in the city by set up a food bank. ___________
3. Some of my classmates volunteer to sing for the old people to cheer up them. ___________
4. What do you think could I do for you? ___________
5. Be a volunteer is great. ___________
A: Good morning!
B: Good morning! I’d like to join the school volunteer project, but (1)1
A: OK, don’t worry. Let me help you. (2)
B: I love singing and telling stories.
A: Well, you could help look after young children on weekends.
B: (3) children will love me.
A: I agree with you. (4)?
B: Sure. I am Peter White. My telephone number is 885-276.
A: OK. I’ll call you as soon as possible.
A: It’s my pleasure.
Section B & self check
1. Here are some useful 网站) for you to collect information.
2. Who is helping the teacher (分发) the students’ exercise books?
3. The two girls are twins, and they look very (相似的).
4. Dad got his watch (修理) yesterday afternoon.
5. Jim has 张贴) many “No Parking” signs outside his gate.
ask for, fix up, take after, work out, run out of
1. Five days passed. They all the money.
2. Mr Green has two children. His son looks like him and his daughter his wife. 3. We will meet with some problems, although everything fine now.
4. They the house before they moved in.
5. Whenever you have any problems, you can help.
1. When the sun began to go down, he stopped and put a tent (帐篷).
2. We tried to cheer her up telling her funny stories.
3. Could you please come up some ideas for making money?
4. We gave some money to some poor children in Yushu.
5. He called his parents asking for some money.
3. My dad is busy fixing up his car.
4. I want to know how their strategies work out.
5. He gave away his food to those classmates who didn’t have breakfast.
1. Don’t fthe bottle (瓶子) with hot water. It’s very dangerous.
2. Can you iwhat life on the moon is like?
3. This is a club s organized for football fans.
4. Please sthe door when you leave the office. 5. The old man seems a little d Ⅱ. 根据句意，用括号内所给单词的适当形式填空。
1. — Would you like to play computer games with us?
— Yes, with 2. — Could you (fetch) me some hot water, dear?
— Sure, Mom.
3. Let’s raise money to help the (disable).
4. There are many helpful social (社会的) 5. She is blind. That is to say, she is
Liz Smith faces many challenges in her daily life because she is a (1)person.
Liz Smith can’t use her (2)well, so normal things have always been difficult for
Liz Smith loves (3)and she’d love to have a dog.
Liz Smith is able to have a “dog-helper” because of Miss Li’s (4). Liz Smith will send (5)if Miss Li likes.
( ) 1. The purpose (目的) of the organization “Animal Helpers” is to help
4 A. poor people B. old people C. disabled people A. She is unable to see well. B. She is unable to move well. C. She is unable to hear well. A. Six weeks. B. Half a year. C. More than a year. A. sent some money to her B. gave her a special dog C. donated money to “Animal Helpers” A. Lucky can pronounce some English words. B. “Animal Helpers” trains animals like Lucky. C. Lucky can fetch some things for disabled people. ( ) 2. What’s wrong with Liz Smith according to the letter? ( ) 3. How long was Liz’s training with the dog at “Animal Helpers”? ( ) 4. Liz Smith wrote the letter to thank Miss Li because she . ( ) 5. Which of the following is NOT true?
Ⅰ. 1. signs 2. hunger
4. coached 4. think up 2. I think being a volunteer is a lot of fun. 3. Christmas Day is only a week from now. 4. They always volunteer their time to look after these children. 5. Not only has Mr Huang been to Canada, but also he has got to know quite a few Canadians. 3. cheer up them → cheer them up 4. could I → I could 5. Be → Being 2. What do you like doing 3. That’s a good idea / Good idea 4. Can / Could you tell me your name and your telephone number 5. Thanks a lot / Thank you very much
5. put up
2. takes after 3. works out
5. ask for
5. up 3. with 3. homeless 5. advertisements 3. cheer him up 5. cleaned up Ⅱ. 1. put off 2. give out Ⅲ. 1. Put your time to good use. Ⅳ. 1. volunteer 前加to 2. set → setting Ⅴ. 1. I don’t know what I should do Section B & Self check Ⅰ. 1. websites 2. hand out
4. repaired 4. fixed up 4. away Ⅱ. 1. ran out of Ⅲ. 1. up Ⅳ. 1. I have many things to do today. 2. She usually volunteers to clean up the classroom. 3. 我爸爸正忙着修理他的车。 4. 我想知道他们的策略的成效怎么样。 5. 他把自己的食物分给那些没吃早饭的同学。
Ⅰ. 1. fill
4. shut 4. organizations 2. imagine 5. deaf 2. fetch 3. disabled 5. unable 3. specially Ⅱ. 1. pleasure Ⅲ. 1. My pet dog has filled my life with pleasure. 2. Thank you for donating money to “Animal Helpers”. 3. I have planned to go to Shanghai next week. 4. You made it possible for me to visit Hong Kong. 5. It’s very meaningful to give away money to charity.
2. arms or legs 3. animals Ⅳ. A. 1. disabled
4. kind donation 5. a photo of the dog
B. 1-5 CBBCA