Unit2 English around the world单元测试
1. I had lost my __ identity （身份）card and was being questioned by the police.
2. Do you want to take the _elevator / lif__（电梯）or use the stairs?
3. The _ actual ______（实际的）cost of repairs was a lot less than we had expected.
4. Total profit was $ 690 million in the _______. latter ____（后者的）half of 2000.
5. The ship sank on its long ______ voyage ______（航行）home.
6. .When she saw me, she r _________ me at once.
7.The country is facing a very difficult economic s ___________.
8 What is _____ standard __ (标准) English?
9..Education in middle schools should contain various cultures, ___ Including ____ (包含) sports cultures.
10..Most of the members _______ (在场) at the conference were for the removal of agricultural taxes. II.
2. This film ___ a novel by D.H.Lawrence
3. I decided to go with them, mainly ____ I had nothing better to do.
4. It is partly ___ her sick mother that she hasn’t taken the job abroad.
5. I’m sorry he’s out______.
6. You can ____ your talents to become rich as well.
7. I know many of them, _____John, Peter, and Tom.
8. He rang to say he would be late home--something ____ at the office .
9._____a quarter of the students never finished their courses’
10. As you see, we look the same_________.
1.The rock ______wears away due to the action of the water .
A． gradually B. exactly C. loosely D. fluently
2.He is a _______visitor to that country .I mean ,he often goes there .
A. grateful B .loose C. frequent D. native
3.So fluently does he speak English that he is often considered as a (an )_____. A .official B. teenager C .native D .accent
4.Go down this street ,and you’ll find the police station three ______away .
A.curtains B. blocks C. voyages D. entirely
5.He may look young but he’s _______45.
A. actually B. gradually C. frequently D. entirely
6.As far as I’m concerned ,you should read more literature to enrich your _______.A.identity B.power C.vocabulary D.accent
7.Mr .Smith’s office is on the 18 th floor .You’d better take the _______.
A.voyage B.elevator C.highway D.identity
8.I suggest you take Jack to Italy with you ,for he speaks _______Italian .
A.official B.fluent C.frequent D.entire
9.The _______from England to India used to take six months ,which tire out the sailors .
A.request B.apartment C.block D.voyage
10.The ______in her eyes told me something was wrong .
A.block B.base C.item D.expression
11.He conmmanded that all the gates _____when it was getting dark in case thieves came in .
A.were shut B.must be shut C.could be shut D.be shut
12.Working as an editor ,you must learn Chinese well in addition to having a good _____ of English .
A.command B.seize C.hold D.possession
13.All I request of you is that you ______there ahead of time .
A.are B.will be C.were D.be
14.Without facts ,a person can not form a correct opinion ,for he needs to have actual knowledge ______his thinking .
A.on which to be based B.on which to base
C.which to be based D.which to base
15.Barbara is easy to ______as she’s the only one of the women who wears an evening dress .
A.know B.recognize C.express D.ignore
16.In ______1600’s ,Shakespeare made use of _______wider vocabulary than ever before .
A.the ;a B./ ;/C.the ;/ D./;a 17.American English has so many dialects ______people have come from all over the world .
A.though B.where C.that D.because
18.The number of foreign students attending Chinese universities _______rising steadily since 1990.
A.is B.are C.has been D.have been
19.—Do you think it’s a good idea to make friends with your students ?
-- ________,I do .I think it’s a great idea .
A.Really B.Obviously C .Actually D.Generally
20.The open-air celebration has been put off ______the bad weather .
A.in case of B.in spite of C.instead of D.because of
21.The engineers are so busy that they have zero time for outdoor sports activities ,_________they have the interest .
A.wherever B.whenver C.even if D.as if
22.---According to my grandma ,it is a god idea to eat chicken soup when you have a cold .
----_________,scientists agree with her .
A.Sooner or later B.Once in a while C.To be exact D.Believe it or not 23._______to stop his car by the roadside ,the young driver seemed to be a bit angry with the policeman .
A.Having commanded B.Commanded C.Being commanded D.To have commanded
24.Vistors ______not to touch the exhibits .A.will request B.request C.are requesting D.are requested
25.They ________that immediate action be taken to stop the water pollution . A.requested B.expected C.wished D.realized
26. We all have a part to ________ in the fight against crime.
A. play B. take C. playing D. taking
27. It was not ________ that native speakers don’t know grammar very well.
A. surprise B. surprising C. surprised D. surpises
28. Spring is coming and the grass is just beginning to ________.
A. come along B. come up C. come with D. come through
29. He lives three ________ away from here.
A. blockings B. buildings C. streets D. blocks
30. The boy often ________ money from his grandparents.
A. requests B.orders C. tells D. commands
31. He likes to help others ________ he is very busy.
A. because B. if C. even D. even if
32. The film was made ________ the World War II.
A. base on B. based on C. base in D. based in
33. There are twenty students who are going to have a picnic on Sunday, six girls ________.
A. include B. included C. including D. includes
34. Did you have any difficulty ________ the question?
A. to answer B. answering C. having answered D. answered
35. The number of people invited to the party ________ sixty, but a number of them ________ absent.
A. were; was B. was; was C. was; were D. were; were
1-5 ACCBA6-10CBBDD11-15DADBB16-20ADCCD21-25 CDBDA